gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Wynn
08-22-2014, 10:44 AM

She knew it was time before the contractions surfaced. The pains she was so familiar with came in an instant, but she took them in stride as she slowly walked back to her den. Good thing she had chosen a home with a high ceiling and stretched walls, for she expected many to come and visit this miracle child. A warm smile crossed her face, but pain wrapped itself around her and the happiness displayed on her elderly features. Black paws finally reached the entrance of her den and she ambled into it without a fuss.
Silent then made herself comfortable before summoning her husband and children. She needed their presence more than ever and it was with that in mind that the contractions became more intense. Emerald eyes shimmered as tears threatened to fall, but she took deep breaths and worked with them until she sensed the familiar scents approaching her home. A relieved smile rose to her lips and she felt the baby begin to move as she said, "Bronze...hurry..."

Speaking

Bronze i

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
-
08-22-2014, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2014, 11:25 AM by Bronze i.)

Though he knew Silent was due to give birth soon, he hadn't expected it to happen quite so quickly. Knowing it was almost time, he was wary to spend much time away from home. Her voice was soft but audible, and he would turn to make his way back to their den. There was a slight bit of panic to her tones, though her voice held remarkable strength.

"Is it time?" he would ask her gently, rushing forward to press his nose to her side gently. He swore he could feel movement in her belly and he whined softly, worry evident in his gaze. Quickly he would lift his head to the sky, echoing Silent's call, requesting the presence of both his family and anyone else that was willing to assist them. As soon as his song had ceased he would lower himself to his belly beside her, his muzzle resting near her neck as he moved to lap at her fur reassuringly.

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
08-24-2014, 11:31 AM

Song knew that her adoptive mother was pregnant again, their last litter had been amazing in itself, but with Silent?s impressive age she couldn?t deny that she worried for the woman. She would leave Arivae in the care of Garthinaw when she heard the call she?d been anticipating for days. Silent had gone into labor, and she knew she had to be next to the aging woman during this incredible time of need.
She?d traded the weight of Arivae for the weight of milk that would hang from her belly. Still she would move with grace as she rushed to SIlent?s side. Already Bronze was there, ready to help his needy mate. Song would smile, and try her best to keep herself calm. She had no idea how this birth might go. ?Silent, are you alright? Is there anything I can do??

Speech,

Silent I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Wynn
08-28-2014, 06:02 PM

She squirmed from the pains that ran across her abdomen, but her mind became soothed when she saw her husband and dear daughter approach. A painful smile appeared across her face as she calmly exhaled and spoke to both wolves. "Yes, Bronze, it is time," she confirmed, nod given shortly after clarifying her situation. Her eyes sought out Song and she thumped her tail beside her hind leg. "Yes, my dear," she said, as another contraction wrapped itself around her body. "Please, find Ara or Novel...I need some herbs to help ease this wave of pain." Even though she was used to having children, she didn't want to endure her last labor's horrible pains.

Speech

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
09-01-2014, 04:00 PM

Ara had both anticipated and dreaded this call for so many weeks now. There were so many things that could go wrong, and she couldn't help but imagine all of them. Would her mother even survive this? How many children would she have? Would they have enough strength to care for more children? The young woman could see how tired they always seemed, despite their obvious happiness -- certainly she and her siblings would need to hunt for their newest brothers or sisters, whatever they might have. Her time with Novel would certainly diminish as she helped care for them.

But it didn't seem like a burden to her. She had prepared for this day for some time, and her store of herbs was kept constantly stocked. It wasn't difficult, either, during the warm summer months. As soon as she heard her mother's call, she would rush to her den to grab a mouthful of hastily picked herbs, before heading towards her mother's pained call. Her song was not panicked, which made Ara calm slightly, but she still did not hesitate to come to her aid as quickly as possible.

"Mom," she would greet her with hurried tones, noticing that Song was here as well as her father. Song had only given birth recently and it was obvious, but she offered her support nonetheless. A slight smile would touch her lips but a more serious look quickly replaced it as she nudged the bundle of herbs to her mother. "Chew on these, they will help ease the pain," Ara instructed her gently, but there would be no argument. The trillium was mild and would ease the pain from her contractions just slightly, and the small amount of motherwort include would be helpful in the actual birth. Watchful eyes would remain locked on her as she waited, alert to anything that might go wrong.

Silent I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Wynn
10-04-2014, 04:05 PM

She chewed on the plants, trusting the mouth from where they came from. Eyes closed and she felt her senses heighten with the force of her contractions. A soft whimper slipped from her closed lips as she pressed herself against her husband's comforting form behind her. "Any minute now..." she voiced as another contraction wrapped itself around her. It was the most intense one she had thus far, and as she endured it, the herbs finally kicked in.
The baby came faster than anyone had anticipated. She didn't feel anything out of the ordinary, nor did she lose too much blood. The small, dark gray babe slipped from her womb and into the cool air of the den. Whimpers came from him and she nuzzled him to her stomach. He began to suckle and a soft sigh left her lips. The ordeal was over and her child was safely delivered. Silent looked up to Song, Bronze, and Ara's wide eyes. "Steel...that is his name."

Speech