gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
12-07-2015, 09:15 PM
Shai would cough loudly deep within the den he shared with his family, his sickness was getting worse. He was losing weight, the winter chill was sucking the life from him and he could do nothing about it. The energy he had to use to cough only worsened his condition, it had only been three days ago that he was out hunting for the pack. Now, he could barely move within. It was obvious if they didn't do something that he might not make it very much longer.

Thankfully his illness didn't seem his family would catch the same illness, it had come upon him incredibly swift and surely by now the others would have been showing signs as well. He didn't know what was going on, but he had no doubt the winter was the main cause of his misery. He'd try to pull himself closer to Motif, he'd been sick before and gotten through but he'd never experienced anything like this. He knew he was worrying Mo and Vail. At this point he was fearing for his life himself. He'd groan painfully, seeking comfort from his wife as he pushed through a fever while thinking "Will I ever leave this den"
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
12-07-2015, 11:17 PM
Motif was worried sick about shai. He hadn't stopped coughing and no matter what she did he wouldn't seem to retain any warmth. He had refused the morsel of food she had offered him, which only added to her fears. Anything he had eaten pier to this he had thrown right back up again. He was waiting away before her eyes and in the dead of winter too. She was so afraid for him, and didn't know how to help him. She found herself keeping to the den with him, venturing out only for the shortest times. At first, she had kept Vail away from him in fear of her catching his illness, but when it became clear that no one else was catching it she began instead to encourage their little one to cuddle up beside him. Perhaps she hoped that the live and support of the family he had created would help him find his strength.

She felt him nuzzle into her and she tucked her head over his own, trying to warm him with her own heat. "Oh shai" she whispered softly, her attempts to make the words sound loving rather then afraid fell miserably short.

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
12-07-2015, 11:51 PM
He'd barely noticed when Vail was allowed to return to their den, her presence was only a little bit more warmth at his belly and not much more. Motif's presence would really hold him to reality, if he didn't have her there he might have already given up fighting. He'd already turned away food, he couldn't keep it down anyway so there seemed little sense to have an appetite. Besides if he was really spending his last days with his family he didn't want to waste it eating. That was a terrible excuse but it had run through his exhausted mind. It was hard to sleep when all you did was cough. As he searched for her affection and reassurance Motif would offer every bit of it. She was his strength and very much the only reason he was here. "Mo," He'd answer her back weakly as his foggy yellow gaze sought out her sweet face.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
12-08-2015, 12:22 AM
Shaye crept into the den, feeling awfully young and small. She saw that her mother and father where both awake and murmuring softly to themselves. She gently pushed her way into their huddle, wanting to be closer to more then just one of them at a time. "Daddy" she said softly, and just the word falling from her lips returned all her emotions to her. She didn't know how to help. The herbs she had given him for sickness where clearly doing nothing for him. She was out of her depths and helpless. She was failing her daddy when he needed her most. She bit back tears, wishing for the support of Arcus or Lillie well she struggled had struggled through these terrible few days. Every day that came and past showed no sign if improvement in her daddy. Still he was cold, and his rapidly loss of body weight simply terrified her. "Mummy. I think daddy needs to be moved south back to his home lands. It's warm, and familiar, and, and, I don't know what else to suggest" she sniffed, her voice breaking. She tucked her nose under one of shai's large paws, looking up at him with wide and frightened eyes. Never in her life had shaye felt so utterly hurt and confused.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
12-08-2015, 12:27 AM
She almost didn't notice when shaye sneaked into their den. It wasn't until she pushed herself between motif and shai that the mother realised her presence. Too busy had she been nuzzling her husband and offering him words of encouragement - through they often sounded more like words of worry. When he said her name, her nickname for her she would sigh into his coat. She didn't know what to do her either, she was the parent and wife and ex beta. She was suppose to have the answers and she was falling short. Her little healer daughters efforts had shown no progress and she truly didn't know what more to do for him.

Perhaps that was why shaye's suggestion surprised her. The idea had never crossed her mind and she widened her eyes as she considered the gravity of the undertaking. How would they get the large male all the wag south? Would moving him worsen him? But... what if it truly helped him. "I'll have to see what harmony and bass think of that shaye. " she said softly, her eyes on her husband, wanting to hear his thoughts

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
12-08-2015, 12:56 PM
His focus was barely hanging on Motif's words, he would have no notice of his daughter until she was pressed close against him. Weakly he'd shift his gaze from mother to daughter and with trouble he'd offer his daughter a smile. That was all he was able to do. He didn't know any better what could possibly be wrong and at this point he was seriously considering what his last goodbyes would be like. He did his best to be strong in front of his children but he was long past the point where he looked any kind of strong.

With his attempt at a smile he'd greet his older daughter, "Shaye." Of course the whispered word would do nothing to assure anyone within the den. She didn't seem willing to give up yet though, her suggest would make his ears swivel in curiosity. South? He would be warm there, and with out the life sucking temperatures maybe his body would have a chance at beating whatever it was he had. Motif would not speak against the idea, as they were desperate for some form of hope. They could use the pelt off a large kill to cover him on the journey. He wouldn't be able to walk, so likely Shaye (who was almost as tall as he was, with the weight loss she easily overtook him in size.) with the help of Motif would have to carry him. There would be no guarantee he would make it back to his homeland, but if he stayed here he faced certain death. "It's worth... a try."

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
12-09-2015, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2015, 07:59 PM by Motif I.)
Motif held her family close, snuggling into Shai, with her daughter almost on top of her in her struggle to cuddle in between mother and father. She wasn't sure where Vail had gotten to, but she wanted her to be here now. “Then lets seriously consider this for a moment. Moving down South well you get better – its warm and familiar, do you think there will any healers of your tribe around to look after” she asked softly “I will need o speak to Bass, perhaps Harmony as well. And how about you Shaye? Would you come with us? And what of Vail?” Motif asked them both, pushing her head into Shai's cheek, holding back her whine of worry. “Will you call you sister and Bass please Shaye?” she asked softly, reluctantly to leave her husbands side for even a heart beat.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
12-09-2015, 08:03 PM
Both her parents truly seemed to be considering the idea, and the young wolf looked from one to the other, wondering herself if her suggestion was a good one. Would it work? Motif mentioned Harmony and Bass and Shaye felt a slight pang at her own inability to find the answer, to cure her father. The question was put to her then – what would she do? She delayed answering by crawling off her parents and making her way to the entryway, howling for Vail and Bass to come and join them.

That done, she returned to her parents, this time lying across from them, looking up anxiously at her father. “I'll help you get him there and settle you guys in. After that? I dont know.” she said softly. Could she leave behind Bass, Arcus, and Lillie? And everyone she had come to know on this part of the world.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
12-10-2015, 11:47 AM
Vail knew her father wasn't going well, she spent most of her time next to him, she didn't have the heart to do much else and it had been a relief when her mother had allowed her back into the den. From the point where she'd been thrown out to allowed back Shai had deteriorated incredibly. She had gone out to get a breath of fresh air, as well as an attempt at catching something for her father to eat. Surely if she brought him something he'd be able to eat it, right?

The attempt was cut short by the sound of her sister's voice calling for her and Bass. There was an urgency to the call but not the sadness she would have expected if something had happened to their father while she was not within the den. Her pretty pink paws would take her back to the hole in the ground. Thankfully it was a large den, but even with her small size she had a little trouble finding a place as she slipped in. She'd squeeze between her big sister and their ailing father, offering her affections to him as soon as she got comfortable. "What's going on?" She'd say worriedly.

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
12-11-2015, 08:42 PM

He could almost hear the desperation and worry in Shaye's howl, which made the pale man race for his sisters den. He knew that Shai had been rather ill as of late, and Bass had tried his best to stop by and check on them. But as usual, life and running a pack had gotten in the way, as well as his two pups bombarding him all the time. He was going to have to assign their older siblings to keep them busy soon, if he hoped to get anything done at all. Worry clouded Bass' vision and he shook away his thoughts, slowing down as he reached the mouth of the den. Peeking inside he could see the family all huddled together, and the choking scent of sickness nearly caused him to recoil. So it would seem that Shai wasn't getting better, at least not yet. Letting out a small whine he sat near the entrance of the den, there was no way that he would be able to fit his body in there as well. Plus with the scent, he didn't want to get to close. Goodness forbid that whatever the foreign man had spread to the rest of the pack. Winter was a hard enough season as it was, he didn't want any further complications. "What's going on?" he asked softly, not liking that they were all snuggled up. He understood the concern, but he really didn't want this spreading any further.

"SPEAK!"

Art by Raqinq

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
12-27-2015, 07:00 PM
Motif would watch anxiously as her daughter howled, finding herself in need of some of her brothers guidance – not as a pack leader, but as the brother she loved. Vail would be the first to arrive and Motif moved forward to kiss her girl's cheek “It's alright, he hasn't changed” she promised him, which was both a positive and a negative, he hadn't gotten worse in the few hours Vail had been gone, but nor had he gotten better.

“Bass” Motif said gracefully, moving to the exit of the den so she could speak to him, through she went no further. She could understand his feelings, even if it had proved so far that no one else was catching whatever ailed Shai. She had been exposed the longest, and still she felt fit and well. Shaye had been in contact, and most recently, she had allowed Vail to return to her fathers side, and she also showed no sign of what ailed their Shai. “Shaye had a suggestion – To return Shai to his homeland, a warmer climate, and perhaps a shaman there can help him. Nothing we have tried here is getting him any better. And if..” she cast a look back at the den, lowering her voice and trying to keep the two girls from hearing “If he doesn't get better, I think he would be happier in his homeland” she said softly, her wide eyes searching his, as through Bass might hold all the answers.

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
01-04-2016, 02:19 PM

Her brown form moved out of the den and towards him, and carefully he leaned forward to press his nose to her forehead. Concern was written clearly over his features, golden eyes clouded with it. He waited for his sister to speak, but when he did he couldn't say that he was happy to hear her words. "That is a very long journey to make someone go on when they are that sick, Mo. I don't think its a good idea at all. This winter is colder than the last, and if he's as sick as you say he is, I have a feeling it will only make him worse." He said honestly, a simple shrug of his shoulders. It wasn't that be doubted Shaye's ability, it just... it really didn't sound good to him. "Maybe we should call Harmony here. She should have been assisting in his sickness a long time ago. That's why we have more than one healer here, Motif. I don't want to lose either of you, and I really don't think that long of a trip is smart. It will take you weeks! What if he doesn't make it that far?" He asked, his voice kept in hushed tones so that only Motif would hear him. He understood his sisters feeling of him being happier where he grew up, but traveling now would be a death sentence.

"SPEAK!"

Art by Raqinq