Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
08-21-2014, 07:34 PM

Natalya wasn't sure what she wanted from this pack. She didn't quite know what she was going to ask or suggest, or say at all for that matter. All she knew was that she needed to discuss what had happened a year ago and decide what their positions were in relation to each other, Olympus and Ludicael.

The two had a rough history, to say the very least. The Matriarch had considered sending someone on this journey in her place, but had thought differently after considering it. She feared that Virgil was too close to Helios's heart to send him to a place he likely felt had wronged her. She even worried he would disapprove of her going, but she would do it regardless. Her other option had been to perhaps send one of Virgil's children, but she couldn't do that. Not until she had spoken to the alphess herself. Natalya was unsure whether she saw any benefit in the children meeting the other half of their family at all, in any respect. They would not understand the schism yet, would not understand the truth about their father. Perhaps it would only make things worse.

That, of course, was part of the reason she made this journey. With Poe flying just over her head, Natalya had weaved her way along the edge of the land after making it through the west unscathed. She cut back in only when she could smell Ludicael's borders nearby, coming to rest at the edge of what were evidently hot springs. She could feel them on the already hot air and was immediately thankful that she had arrived in the night, when everything was cooler. Sun on her black pelt would be a curse right now. Poe perched on her shoulder as she howled, summoning the leader forth and hoping it was still the reasonable woman she'd met on her last journey here.

image by Luisiana

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
08-24-2014, 05:27 PM

There were few times when she found herself thinking about Anthem?s children, what they were like and how they were doing. She couldn?t let her mind wander too far, because she knew she would never see them. Virgil?s rage had been severe, Song feared she would return. With her ill logic she had no doubt she would wish them harm. Still, there had been nothing thus far. Not even the promised return visit.
She was laying with Arivae and Garthinaw in the den, the other two had fallen into slumber and she would watch their forms peacefully sleep. She?d be disturbed by a voice, one that would not be recognized off hand. Her form would move, curious about the stranger. As she loped to the edge of her border a slightly familiar black form would begin to materialize before her. Head would tilt curiously, before she would announce herself recognition would wash over her. Natalya, the Olympian voice of reason. Her mind would not register politics instead emergency, why else would she be here? ?Are the pups okay?? She would blurt before her manners took back over, her form returning to a respectable position.

Speech

Natalya

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
08-24-2014, 08:43 PM

The Ludicael queen would arrive and immediately leap to the worst of conclusions, from the tone of her voice. Natalya realized then that Virgil had never made good on her promise to return to check on the status of her attacker. There had been no way for this queen to know anything of her nieces and nephews, whether she had a right to or not. Natalya smiled slightly and shook her head.

"Do not worry, they are fine. Your name is Song, if I recall correctly?" She asked this with a bow of her head, but it was more of a statement. Natalya was certain her knowledge had not faltered, but she had to be sure as a formality. "I have come to speak with you about the relationship between our packs, but first you are welcome to ask me anything you like about Virgil and her children if you are so inclined."

image by Luisiana

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
08-28-2014, 12:29 PM

The dark she wolf did not seem rather alarmed, really her grounds for being too easily riled about her brother?s children was unwarranted. Still, she couldn?t help some of the worries that cropped up in her mind at times. The darker she would would shake her features, further relaxing Song?s worries. She had to stop thinking about them. She would relax and listen as Natalya would continue, further putting her worries to rest. She?d nod, and murmur a quick ?yes? to answer the question of her name. She wouldn?t interrupt again as the woman would continue, stating her purpose and opening up the floor for Song to ask questions of what would be Anthem?s only children. Are they as wonderful as I dream they are?? She didn?t know how much of Virgil she wished to know, but her nieces and nephews certainly gave her a strong curiosity.

Speech

Natalya

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
08-29-2014, 02:00 PM

The other woman's response was simple, a question Natalya had expected in some form or another. Had she been in Song's position, the Matriarch was fairly certain she wouldn't have asked anything. She had been taught to avoid mention of things that would evoke emotions you could not control. Speaking of family that she never had known, and likely never could, would be heartbreaking and would interrupt every present important thought. It was why she avoided mention of her maiden family and her deceased sons. If there was one thing Natalya feared, it was emotional pain.

"Likely more so," she responded after a moment's thought. "They are wise and motivated, and they care about each other very much. I'm certain you'd be more than proud."

image by Luisiana

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
09-02-2014, 09:38 AM

It did not matter if she would never meet them, or ever witness the important moments of their lives. However Song would still hope for them and think of them often, Song embraced the thoughts of them even if they were sad. Natalya would think for only a moment before explaining their accomplishments in life so far. They?d be a year old now and she had no doubt they were exactly as their aunt described them. A smile would appear on Song?s features that echoed a bit of sadness, but also the proud knowledge that her nieces and nephews were wonderful. ?Thank you for telling me.? She was genuinely thankful, but knew there was business to attend to. ?As far as our pack standings go, I don?t wish any harm on those children and so I could never harbor ill will towards you or the family.? She felt a neutrality towards the Olympus family, after the revelation the problem had been completely resolved there was no reason to be hateful.

Speech

Natalya

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
09-07-2014, 08:25 PM

"Is your brother well?"

The question left her mouth before she really had time to consider it. It was quite possibly a very sore subject, but Natalya had wondered about it from time to time. The man's punishment, while proper and deserved, was a harsh one. She wondered if he was even aware of what he had lost, wondered how bad his mental condition truly was. She thanked the gods again in these thoughts that the children had no inherited his disadvantage.

She returned to formality immediately upon mention of the packs' relationship. "I wish no harm to you or your family either. I am just uncertain of what I would like our concrete standing to be, or what it should be. Do you have any opinions or suggestions?" This was a rare situation in which Natalya would ask for help, but she was truly lost as to where to go from here.

image by Luisiana

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
09-10-2014, 06:34 PM

The question that she would receive in return from Natalya was one she should have expected and yet still it caught her off guard. She tried not to think of the horrible thing she?d done to her sweet brother, but did she really have any other choice? Really he seemed largely unaffected, but during the first few weeks he?d shown obvious signs of distress. It had hurt her to see him as such. ?He?s doing better as of late. For a while I was rather worried about him but he seems to have grown accustomed.? She would grow silent again and allow the dark sovereign's words to once again be heard. She seemed unsure where to go now, asking where their packs might stand now. ?I know that no matter where we stand, were you to come to me and tell me those children were in danger I would not hesitate to come to your aide.? Maybe a true alliance would not be formed, but she would give anything to keep her brother?s offspring safe.

Speech

Natalya

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
09-10-2014, 07:38 PM

Natalya pondered how to handle the situation with Ludicael throughout the entirety of Song's reply. She wondered if she should tell the children who their father was. They were young adults now, old enough to understand the situation. But how would they take to it? Would they worry about the soundness of their own minds? Would they resent their family for hiding him from them?

If they wanted to meet him, would it be right for her to take them?

No, probably not. Nat had no idea if they ever even wondered about their father. She was certain that if they did, Anthem would be much different than any male they'd imagined. He likely wouldn't understand what it meant that they were his children. They were all better off apart, and if they were true allies it would make that separation difficult. She smiled slightly and cocked her head to the side.

"All things considered, it is probably for the best that we remain largely neutral toward each other. However, if you or your pack are ever in need of serious and substantial aid, do not hesitate to come to me. Also, my family will be hosting a festival in the coming weeks to celebrate the marriage of one of Virgil's children and to make some other arrangements. You, Song, are more than welcome to attend and to bring a companion or two, but I would request that none who were involved in our unfortunate spat join, for obvious reasons."

image by Luisiana

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
09-18-2014, 05:04 PM

It was easy to see that the two women?s minds would think similarly as bother were quite abraisive at the thought of a real alliance. Natalya would tip her head and offer her own retort, vocalizing a need to largely stay out of each other?s way. Though it was very much true that Anthem would have loved to meet them, he?d never realize that he?d been the one to create them. She would offer much the same words as Song, saying that should she have need, there would be aide at her side.
That the woman would say next would not have ever been expected, even with the promised intentions she would stare in disbelief of every word. There was to be a marriage, and she was invited. She felt honored as a broad smile would overcome her lips. She would understand the cautious advice received and would agree to such demands. ?I?d very much enjoy that.? she would finish simply, and honestly.

Speech

Natalya

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
09-24-2014, 09:13 AM
crap exit post, starting a new one for you

Natalya smiled, glad that the woman had accepted her invitation. IT was fortunate that they were on the same page, both aware that they could never be true allies but willing to provide aid in any case. They were family after all, in one of the most twisted and unspeakable ways. She nodded before turning to leave. "My raven will come to you when it is time. Until then, be well." With that she would give one last nod and smile before heading out for home. She was uncertain who else she would speak with about the possibility of being allied but she was certain that she was ready for a break from negotiations.

image by Luisiana