size
Large
build
-
player
08-21-2014, 07:17 PM
after olympus pack mtg

[Image: EJlRXr4.png]
Quote:She had chosen delegates to send to do this alongside her so that no member of Olympus would be overly burdened and unable to perform his job at home. She could have easily asked one to stop to the neighboring pack and seek to know whether an alliance was possible, but she thought better of it. The borders of Olympus and this new pack touched in the same place they had when it was Valhalla and when it was Niflheim. Natalya thought it best that she, as the Matriarch, directly approach the wolves that could either pose the greatest risk or the greatest aid to them. Her talent for diplomacy and a level head was something she prided herself on more than almost anything.

The large female carried herself at a leisurely pace to the shared border of Olympus and what she would come to know as Arcanum, planting her feet firmly on the Emerald Valley side. She tilted her head skyward and loosed a summons for the alpha before settling on her haunches to wait. She wasn't sure what to expect from these new neighbors, but she knew what she hoped for. If they could not be allies, she hoped that their relationship could remain neutral. It would do no good for her to have to build an army of children to defend their border against a threat so suddenly imminent. She hoped that this alpha was an experienced adult, not a child as the most recent ruler of these lands had been. Mainly, Natalya hoped for an informed conversation that would create peace, if nothing else. Perhaps she would find more, perhaps much less.

Cataleya

gems
size
build
player
08-21-2014, 07:40 PM

A call ring out for her, pulling her out of the mist and across the plains. She hated the plains. They were so dreadfully hot and boring. But Kylar had insisted they keep the area within their grasp. A sigh mingled with a growl as the blistering summer sun beat down on her back relentlessly. It would take a few minutes before she reached the dark woman that occupied her borders. Nostrils would inhale her foreign scent, immediately noting her as part of the pack that sat alongside her. Another reason why she wanted to be rid of this place. Eyes would roam over the dark woman before she spoke. "Cataleya, and you are?" A brow would lift as she stood several feet away from the woman. There was no point in beating around the bush. This woman was clearly not here to join. Haunches would recline, assuming that this meeting would take awhile.

Having been away for so long, she would need to go and reestablish alliances and who was ruling. And it seemed that this woman was anxious to meet her new neighbors. It briefly crossed her mind that this woman could potently not agree with her ways, but the thought didn't linger enough for her to actually care. If they didn't like, then they could kick her ass. Her attention remained easily on the dark woman before her, finding her equally dark eyes curious looking.

HER WORDS HERE HIS WORDS HERE

Natalya

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
08-21-2014, 08:00 PM
Quote:She wouldn't wait long. The woman she sought would arrive shortly, placing herself some distance away. She was obviously not the type for unnecessary formalities and was not overly friendly, but the Matriarch didn't mind that in the slightest. In fact, she appreciated that this woman was ready to get to business from the get go. She nodded in greeting. "Natalya. Pleasure to meet you." Her voice was polite, yet curt, as she hoped to keep everything brief and to the point as this woman clearly also did.

"As I'm sure you're aware, there can be some great benefits and great dangers from two packs being so closely located. I was wondering if you could tell me about your pack's philosophy and laws, and if we could discuss our respective positions as packs." She did not use the word alliance, certain it would taint their discussion. After all, the two knew nothing about each other or their homes. They could have views as different as the moon and the sun, for all Natalya knew. "I can tell you whatever you need, or would like to, know about Olympus, but I do not want to burden you with unnecessary information."

Cataleya

gems
size
build
player
08-21-2014, 09:00 PM

Natalya. The woman would introduce herself, not seeming to mind that the silver woman didn't care for pleasantries. She would jump right to point, already knowing that their packs were so close, dangerously so. A smirk would curl her features briefly before it faded away. She wanted to know about Arcanum. The silver Queen had no problem indulging her, so long as she extended the same offer. "Very well. I'll explain my pack first, and answer your questions, and then you can do the same." She would lift a brown in question, giving the woman only a moment to agree before continuing. "I ruled a pack before this. I resided in the forest during the time of the plague. I left, because I had fallen ill as well as most of my pack. Upon returning recently, I recreated the pack here. I provide a home to less savory wolves of society, those you aren't deemed suitable for your typical pack. I train all my wolves to be skilled warriors, and ruthless killers, though I will not defend someone who angers a neighboring pack with their foolishness. My wolves will be smart, calculating and strong." She hoped it was a sufficient answer, there was no other way to explain the wolves she accepted into her pack, but there was no use in lying about it. "Any questions?" Her face fell into a mask of cool indifference. If this woman found her unsavory, then so be it, it wouldn't matter to her anyway.

Natalya

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
08-21-2014, 09:19 PM
Quote:Natalya listened patiently to the words given by her companion, nodding every so often to show that she was listening. She wondered for a moment about the describing phrase of wolves of this pack being less acceptable, but did not linger on it for long. As far as she was concerned, every pack had vastly different standards for the types that were acceptable to it. In Olympus's case, all who were willing to pledge their loyalty to the family of the gods and defend it were generally welcome, given that they proved their worth in other ways.

"Aside from the name you have given to your pack, I have no questions." She would smile slightly at this remark, but quickly return to her stoic demeanor to offer her information in response. "Olympus is named for my family, wolves descended from and named for the Greek gods themselves. The pack has been built up around us, though we welcome others into our ranks. We require that all members are capable warriors in addition to contributing in other ways. Those who do not contribute in some way to the pack's well-being are ill-received. I, as well, will not tolerate disrespectful acts by my members against neighbors or allies. We are generally neutral on most issues, but if our home or family is threatened, we will not hesitate to act on it."

She paused before moving to her next subject. "If you are partial to what I have said, I would also like to inform you that we are a family that believes in arranged marriages, and the children of our former empress as well as mine are available for discussion, as well as my sister-in-law who has children of her own on the way. But first, of course, ask any questions you may have."

Cataleya

gems
size
build
player
08-22-2014, 02:46 PM

The woman would have no questions other than the name of the pack. Of course. "Arcanum." It had slipped her mind but she had no issue giving the woman her pack name. Jumping right in, she would listen to the words that fell from the ebony woman's maw. Olympus. Another neutral pack. She fought the urge to roll her eyes. Was everyone is this god forsaken land neutral? Only threats would draw this pack out of their hiding place and into the field of battle. But how far would they need to be pushed? Would they go to war for an ally or merely stand back and watch? A pause would fill the air, but before she would speak, the Olympus woman was talking again. Arranged marriages?

Brows shot up in a surprise, though quickly smoothed out once more. "My dear, I have no intention of sending my children off to a pack that may or may not get their paws dirty." A smirk curled devious lips. Kylar would kill her if he knew she was even contemplating such a thing. "However, should we come to an agree of sorts, I have 3 children. A daughter who is only a few months shy of a year. And an older son and daughter boy on their way to becoming two year olds, though I doubt they would be fond of the idea." A humorless chuckle rolled off her tongue.

"I do not have questions about your pack. Though I do wish to know what you can offer in exchange for an arranged marriage?" A brow would lift as she allowed an ounce of curiosity to leak into her features. If she was going to send off one of her kids, she wanted to know every damn detail, or else she would be raining down hell on these Olympians.

Natalya

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
08-29-2014, 02:14 PM
Quote:Natalya smirked at the woman's mention of getting paws dirty. Was Olympus a dark pack? Certainly not. Many of its wolves were kind and they hadn't found themselves in any massive conflict as of yet, but Olympians were conquerors. The descendants of the gods, they were meant to take and take and keep taking until they sat upon a throne above the rest. While they were quiet now, it was with good reason. Their numbers were small and the pack changing too often to plan anything proper. Soon though, once their numbers had been bolstered and the family restored, they would have to act. Though when that day came many would see them as cruel, Olympians were not evil wolves. They were generous and thoughtful leaders and their followers would all one day see their neutrality clearly.

"I believe that both an arranged marriage and an alliance could benefit us both. Marriage would serve as a firm connection and a way to keep both of our bloodlines alive. Alliances are something we take quite seriously and we treat our allies as we would our own pack members. You would have our aid, defense, and shelter if and whenever it is needed. We, of course, would expect the same treatment in return."

Cataleya

gems
size
build
player
08-30-2014, 03:46 PM

The dark queen seemed to take no offense to her early comment, which the silver woman found interesting. But nothing more was said. When she was spoke again, the Queen paid close attention, listening to every word, analyzing it carefully. With a betrothal and an alliance, the woman was promising aid, defense and shelter, wanting only the same in return. She would take a moment to think. There would always be a risk in forging alliances and arranging betrothals. But there was no doubt in her mind that she burn this pack to the ground if they betrayed her or her children. A slow smile would curl her dark lips. Kylar was going to freak the fuck out.

"Very well then. I'll offer my daughter, Basanti, she will be a year this winter. But first, I should like to meet the boys you have in mind. I have high standards Miss Natalya for my daughter, she is the heir to my throne after all, I won't see her tied to someone incompetent." As she spoke, it never once crossed her mind that she might offend this woman. Sure the children where her family members, but if she was smart, she would understand. This was a political move, one that needed to be well thought out and planned, every detail was important, the future of their packs rested on their children. "And you will have our aid, defense and shelter in return should you ever need it. I do not take the welfare of my children lightly, I trust that neither of us will be betrayed." A dark smile curled her lips as a brow raised with silent promise. She would not harm Olympus unless they stabbed her in the back first. "Oh there is something I should probably warn you about." She would pause. "My husband is going to have a coronary when he finds out." She would chuckle lightly, amusing flitting briefly across her features.

Natalya

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
08-31-2014, 08:06 PM
Quote:She was not met with the rejection she worried for, but complete agreement. Natalya's smile spread, and she nodded slowly. "I would never suggest a marriage to an incompetent, dear queen," she said with a chuckle, thinking back to Virgil's unfortunate incident. She was beyond glad that the first litter of the former Empress had been born entirely sane and functional. It had been a concern from the moment they found out about Virgil's attacker's lack of mental stability.

"I am planning an event, a festival of sorts. Perhaps we can each meet the children there and they can meet each other? There are two boys eligible for betrothal, but I am unsure which would be best suited for your princess." She hoped it would be an adequate way to assure the other woman that they were on the same page, albeit for different reasons. She could not sanction a marriage without the approval of her Delphi and the gods themselves, and to get that the children would need to meet before them.

"I am glad we have been able to reach an agreement, Cataleya. I look forward to the development of this relationship between our packs, however it may enrage your husband."

Cataleya

gems
size
build
player
09-06-2014, 10:08 PM

A brief smile would crease her lips as the woman promised she would never offer such a thing to an incompetent ruler. She would listen as the woman continued to speak of a festival, a perfect chance for the kids to all meet. "Sounds like a wonderful idea." She would chuckle when the woman admitted that she wasn't sure which boy would suit Basanti. "She is handful." She would murmur, her tones light. It was entirely true, whoever her daughter married had their work cut out for them that was for sure. As the chatting died down, it became apparent that this meeting was coming to end, meaning that she would then have to go hunt down Kylar, something she was not looking forward to. "Yes, well, he'll just have to accept it." She would rise with a smirk, dipping her head to woman. "I'm sure you'll inform me when this festival takes place?" A brow would lift, tail swaying idly. "Until then." She would toss a smile at the woman before turning, lingering only for a moment to see if she had anything else to say.

-exit unless stopped-

Natalya

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
09-07-2014, 06:46 PM
Quote:The conversation came to a swift end, something Natalya was relieved for. She had a number of things to take care of and was always glad to see a negotiation go so well. She rose and nodded just as her companion did, a small smile on her maw. "If not myself, then a messenger will inform you in my place. Either way, I hope to see you soon." With that, she would turn in the direction opposite Cataleya to return to Olympus. Hopefully Helios would take the news well and the boys would be open to the prospect of marriage (not that it mattered, as it was their duty regardless).

-exit-