Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
12-20-2015, 10:20 AM

Blood slicked down her silvery fur, her right foreleg shivering with the burden of carrying her limping form back from the battlefield. Her most recent battle had been one of the most violent she'd ever experienced but it brought with it a sense of peace. The violent flame she had needed to release was now extinguished, replaced by ebbing adrenaline and growing pain and Birna paused at the border to catch her breath. Clouds were building in the sky, bringing with them a chill breeze. Perhaps they were in for some rain tonight? Well… she'd better get moving then. Shifting her weight heavily to her left foreleg and back legs she managed to limp back into the den site where she settled herself at the front of her den and howled lightly to see if there were any available healers. She wasn't going to sleep off these wounds. Deep lacerations had ripped open the flesh of her right should blade almost down to the bone and moderate punctures on the lower right side of her neck were further adding to her blood-stained fur.

""
[Image: 262ny8g.png]

Evangeline

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah
01-09-2016, 06:44 PM

Vana lifted her head from her paws, sleep interrupted by the call of one of her packmates looking for a healer, and she wasted no time before leaping to her paws. She might not be a fully trained healer yet - she hadn't had much training at all with Rhythm because of the babies - but she'd worked with her mother a great deal on wound treatment and felt she had a firm grasp on it at this point in her life. Diagnosis would come later, though she did find herself fascinated with the idea of being able to figure out and cure a disease no one else could diagnose... being the greatest healer in Imperium, maybe the world.

Vana quickly threw together some basic herbs - yarrow, plantain, comfrey, and lambsear - and a stick coated with pine resin (she was frustrated by the need to carry only what fit easily in her mouth, and by the need to juggle them all and get them sloppy with spit, and made a note to find something somewhere that she could wear to carry stuff in... perhaps if she batted her eyes at Phim he'd keep his eyes open on his travels for something she could use) and set out for the range to beat out all the other healers who may have heard the call.

Coming upon her, Vana could see the bear-like warrior reclining outside the den, and set the herbs down so she can speak. "Good day, Birna," she greeted in her best 'dignified adult' voice. She could see from here the blood staining the white coat, and was itching to get in there and poke around and see what needed to be fixed, but you couldn't just rush up to someone and poke and prod at them without getting permission... oh the hell with it. Picking the herbs back up she trotted up briskly and made a neat pile of them beside Birna before setting out to examining the patient. "Tell me all of your injuries," she demanded, moving closer to prod around at the more obvious one on the shoulder to judge the severity and how well it was clotting.

""

Birna I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
01-15-2016, 06:20 PM

Vana crested the horizon and Birna breathed silently and calmly and she worked to ignore the pain. Her adrenaline had faded away leaving her aching shoulder throbbing in an attempt to occupy the majority of her thoughts. She was glad to see she would be quickly tended to. While young Birna had confidence in Vana's skills and knew she'd be worse off without them. "Hello Evangeline. Are you well?" In hindsight it was probably a silly question but Birna was intent on being polite and cooperative. Birna leaned back only slightly as Vana shot forward and dropped her gathering of herbs near the bear woman before moving towards the wounds. Birna wasn't quite sure what else to say. She knew of Vana but she didn't really know the girl, they'd never really had a conversation before. Thankfully, Vana took the lead and got right down to business.

"The only two I'm worried about are the lacerations on my right shoulder and these punctures on the right side of my neck." She shifted her upper body to give Vana a good view of the severe and moderate injuries. She wasn't worried about the bruising, that would heal in time but the cuts were another matter, a far more painful one. "I appreciate you answering, I got into a rather rough spar with a lone male."

""

Evangeline

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah
01-26-2016, 10:43 AM

Birna returned her greeting in the form of a question, but Evangeline was already too caught up in her examination to notice. She was much more interested in Birna's short list of important wounds and, like Birna, disregarded the bruises. They would, in her opinion, just make it more likely that the patient wouldn't go wandering around and busting open treated wounds when the bruises were still so uncomfortable. "All right so, I'm going to lick them clean, get any sort of debris out of them. They'll probably open back up and bleed more, which is good. Then I'll put a poultice on it with pine sap." That was as much explanation as she would give, quickly suiting actions to words as she settled down to single-mindedly clean the lacerations and puncture wounds. She wasn't gentle about it - "gentle" wouldn't get the cuts properly clean, and to her the comfort of her patient was secondary to actually getting the job done. Besides, Birna was a big tough warrior, she could take it. Hmm... she found herself remembering those experimental herbal washes her mother made. It wasn't convenient to drag something like that around in her mouth, but they really did do a better clean than just a tongue-washing. She would have to figure that out, maybe some way of sealing them so she could carry them in a bag with herbs...

""

Birna I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
02-01-2016, 08:17 PM

Birna sat quietly as the young healer examined her, fidgeting only a few times. She'd forgotten how… awkward it could be to have her wounds tended to and she'd been on such a streak of minor injuries she hadn't needed to have her wounds looked at in awhile. Birna nodded as Vana gave her a heads up that she was going to clean the wounds. While the warrior was no stranger to healers work she still likely would've jumped without forewarning. It was also a matter of politeness, one she greatly appreciated. "Sounds like a plan. If you need me to move in anyway to make your work easier please do not hesitate to ask."

Birna's face would flinch slightly as Vana began her work. The gladiator's mind seeking to drift and focus on the landscape around her rather than the treatment of her injuries.

""