player
12-22-2015, 05:17 PM
(The sun goes down
The stars come out
All that counts is here and now
My universe will never be the same

I'm glad you came
)

He laid outside the den, his back against the rock and his eyes on the ocean. A gentle winter wind was combing through his fur and for a moment it felt.…nice. It felt calming. It felt like it had always felt. Everything felt the same, the setting sun on his face, the earth beneath his body. Yet it was all different and no one else knew it. The earth had shattered and rebuilt itself, the universe rearranged, and no one knew it. Well, maybe.…one other.

It all honesty and with as much selfishness as any one man could have, he had wallowed without her. He slept at her side, and comforted her when he could but...well, he hadn't been able to comfort a grieving mother when it was all his fault she was grieving. He knew her life, up until this point, hadn't been all roses, and he had vowed to give her a better life, and he had failed…in every aspect. He had failed his Gaia, his little cloud. He hadn't even planned a wedding, hadn't even given her her gift. With a gentle sigh he tilted his head just enough to see the little feathers hiding amongst his pretty rocks. He had found them the same time he had found Illie's gift, and he had meant to give them to Current and Gaia.

He couldn't help but sigh at that thought. Current, she must have gone out looking for Illie.…at least, he hoped so. She hadn't been home in a week now,  maybe more. Oh, he was an awful father. A whine would spill from his throat then, slow and soft but it was there.

He had to make it right.

Stormy eyes would narrow gently before he shifted to stand, tilting more towards the entrance to the den. "Gaia..." He called softly, not even sure if she was there. If there was one thing he had to do, he had to make it right, had to make sure she was alright and try and give her everything he had promised.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Gaia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
12-23-2015, 11:48 PM
Her heart hurt terribly, the day Illume had disappeared it felt as though it had been ripped out again. Just when she thought she had fully recovered and gained the life she'd craved for so long the world again turned its back on her. She'd had no one to express her frustration and hurt to, she had to put on a brave face for Current and the only time she was in her mate's presence was when he finally came to the den to pass out from his own grieving. Her life was falling apart.

The first night she'd ben with out Illume the woman had passed off for the girl sleeping in her uncle's den. The next day she hadn't seen her other daughter and by the time she had curled within the den on that second night the emptiness let her know that Current too had left. She hadn't left the den since. What little appetite she had vanished and her body condition would quickly deteriorate. She felt as though she'd finally lost everyone, and her will to keep going on grew smaller and smaller.

Freewing had returned to her, the bright bird would do his best to care for his mistress, but even his song could not bring a smile to her face. She was giving up. "Gaia." She would hear his voice, her silvery ear flicking in his direction as he approached her still form. Her marked features rested on her greyscale paws, her smile gone and any light that had once dwelled in her pale eyes was now long gone. The olympian was now a shadow of her former self and she blamed no one but the universe. "Volt," She'd answer sofly as he neared the entrance of the cave, her frame half in and half outside of the den they still shared.
""
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
12-24-2015, 12:02 AM
(You cast a spell on me, spell on me
You hit me like the sky fell on me, fell on me
And I decided you look well on me, well on me
So lets go somewhere no one can see
you and me
)

He looked at her, at his broken love. The one that he had chosen, that he had fallen so hard for. Her brokeness he had promised to repair, and yet...yet here they were. It felt like she was a very clear representation of his world. Her blind eyes would flicker to him, and he would stare back at her, silent as the tears filled his eyes. He cursed their luck. If he could just...go back. Perhaps he would have been smarter. Perhaps...he would have left her alone, maybe then she wouldn't have felt this. But no, he needed her, and he was so blind and so...selfish to not have known that weeks ago. Stormy eyes burned before they flooded over, a tightness gripping onto his throat as she spoke his name.

He had been so awful to her. Especially to her.

There was nothing but silence for a moment as he stared, as he remembered every moment he had laid upon that beach, every moment he had wallowed and searched and left her behind. A grieving mother, his depressed wife. Well, no...they hadn't married yet, had they...

Something suddenly flickered on, and his eyes grew wide. He had to make it up to her. Standing quickly to his paws he stepped closer to her. "I am so...so sorry that I made you face this all alone. I was so...selfish." He whispered, his gaze shifting away. "I love you..." He breathed, closing his eyes tightly before he looked back to her. He had to make this right, he had too. "Come with me." He breathed softly, silently as if it were a secret only she should hear. "I want to give you something..." He murmured, stepping quickly into the den to go to his rock collection and to the little gift he had hidden amongst his precious stones. He would turn back to her then, hoping she would agree.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Gaia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
12-25-2015, 12:57 PM
Her ears would swivel back and forth as Volt grew silent, for a long moment she wasn't even sure if she'd really heard his voice. It wouldn't have been the first time she'd experienced auditory halucination. She'd heard Illie's voice more times than she could count since their girl had been taken away. She could have easily imagined her mate's as well. With the flutter of her companion's wings she'd realize Voltage really was there. The bright red bird would land on the golden gilded wolf and for another long moment they would remain in silence.

Then he as there at her side, whispering his apologies as he realized what had happened between them. Neither parent had sought the comfort of their mate, they'd both chosen to grieve in solitude. Had their actions helped to drive Current off in search of her sister? "I love you..." Tears would well up in her own eyes then, threatening to spill over onto her cheeks as she tried to comprehend the renewed vigor in Volt's voice. "I love you too," her voice was soft but convinced of its own truth. He wished her to come with him, and pain would give way to curiosity as her sightless gaze followed him past her to deeper in the den.

She'd blink curiously as she found her paws, still obviously willing to follow Volt to the ends of the earth.
""

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
12-25-2015, 02:06 PM
(Turn the lights out now
Now I'll take you by the hand
)

Freewing was always a welcome addition to his accessories, not that he had very many. He reguarded him with nothing but a little smile, his attention always and forever on his beloved. He sighed softly, gathering the feathers before he heard her soft voice. Stormy eyes would turn towards her, wide and surprised as if he couldnt believe he had heard those words. And perhaps he didn't. He sighed softly, a small smile touching his lips. Perhaps things weren't so completely broken after all. She was absolutely amazing and he couldn't love her more than he did now.

He thought of where he wanted to take her. Somewhere close that felt...good. He glanced out at the dimming sky, before a thought came to his mind. Stepping towards her, he moved to press gentle kisses along her jaw and behind her ear. Affection, something he hadn't given in so long. His heart swelled as he breathed in her scent, a warmth he hadn't felt in so long. "It's so beautiful today. Why don't we go catch the last of the Sun on the cliffs.." He said with a gently smile, collecting his gift in his jaws and moving out of the den, glancing behind him in hopes that she would come. They had to get away from the beach, had to get out of the den. He wanted to be there for her, wanted to help her, just like he had promised he would so long ago.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Gaia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
12-26-2015, 11:23 PM
She would wait quietly as he rummaged through the small collection of rocks, her sightless gaze on him and her tired form standing ready. With the disappearance of her children Gaia hadn't realized just how much effort it took to simply exist. Her mind was exhausted even if her body was more than well rested. She was tired of hurting. Gaia's mind wouldn't be completely pulled away from thoughts of Current and Illume but as Volt drew closer she'd take in a deep breath and let herself relax into his touch. She missed his affections almost as much as she missed him. She couldn't begin to describe how good his touch felt against her fatigued soul. She'd lean into him, her chest against his as she quietly enjoyed his kisses. A soft sigh would filter through her lips as he offered where it was he would take her.

She'd give him a simple smile back, even if the emotion didn't quite reach her eyes. With her muzzle against his hip she would follow him out of the den. She hadn't left this place in too long, spending some time with him would certainly help her broken heart. "Will you help me up?" She'd ask softly as they drew more near the base of the cliffs. This was one place she didn't visit frequently.
""

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
12-28-2015, 09:28 AM
(Hand you another drink,
drink it if you can
Can we spend a little time?
Time is slipping away
)

Voltage glanced back when he felt her muzzle against his hip, a small smile tugging at his lips. He felt a warmth wash through him as she followed along with him. Not everything was lost, was it. He lead her along towards the cliffs, which wasn't a very hard journey. While their den wasn't directly off the cliffs, it was close enough that they couldn't see them from the entrance of the den. He moved at a steady pace, but slow enough to enjoy her touch. At her voice he blinked and quietly put down his gift before looking back at her. "There's a tunnel, that leads up to the cliffs. Nice and safe." He said with a gentle smile, reaching back to nuzzle into her cheek and press gentle kisses along her jaw before he began again, picking up his little package before continueing on.

He entered the den that held the cliff, and looked back at her, thinking. It would be best to lead her up there, since she hadn't been there yet. With a tender smile he'd step towards the entrance. "This is the tunnel...it just goes up gently before opening up to the cliffs. It's large enough to fit Glacier so you don't have to watch your head, just..follow me." He said softly, glancing back at her again before moving into the tunnel to begin their journey up. Once he exited, he quickly put the little bundle to the side before turning back to make sure Gaia got out easily. The air at the top of the cliffs was a little warmer, away from the ocean and closer to the sun. He sighed softly, feeling the weak rays of sun on his back. It would be much nicer in the spring.  

"Burn Baby Burn"

Gaia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
12-31-2015, 07:22 PM
He assured her there would be no problem in getting up to the cliffs and she would trust him. Smiling softly as she followed after his slow walk, her mind feeling at ease as she focused on him. It was difficult at first, letting her mind wander from the desolate thoughts that had plagued her. It felt good to just be with her mate, they had been so broken since their children... She'd shake her head softly, making herself focus back on Voltage. The task was much easier as they reached the den that would lead them to their skytop destination. He was quick to make sure she was comfortable In her trek upwards. She would smile and watch him with her sightless eyes, easily making up the slope. He was there when she felt herself emerge, eager to show her to her place. The largest smile she held since illume was taken would play on her lips, "Alright, you've got me up here." her words were given as he pressed herself into his neck, tryin not to cling to him too tightly.

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-02-2016, 01:28 AM
(Away from us so stay
Stay with me
I can make you glad you came
)

Voltage smiled softly as she pressed into him, her scent swelling around him. He'd press a gentle kiss onto the top of her skull, nuzzling gently. "So I have.." He whispered, voice tender before he glanced around. Really, he was trying to be romantic as possible, but he was winging it. With a gentle breath he'd turn back to his love, smiling sadly down at her. He'd lean forward to press his lips to her cheek, holding the touch for several long heart beats, his eyes closing before he pulled away with a sigh. "I have something for you..." He whispered softly, leading Gaia to sit down in a place where she could feel the sun, feel the wind blowing off the ocean. Winter was falling away in their broken world, and the gentle, healing hands of spring was helping pick up the pieces. Another year older...Soon, soon enough. For a moment his mind wandered as he looked at her, just like it had always done. He thought of all the things he had to do, the party he had to plan, and how this would be illie and current's first birthday. But then, suddenly, as he looked at her beautiful face, and felt her warmth, it all clicked off and it was all her.

Everything was her, everything that mattered.

His jaw clenched at the wave of emotions as he sat with her. He looked down at the little present he had for her, and a small, bittersweet smile touched his lips. He had meant to give each of his girls the same present, but now... He would look at freewing then, smiling at the bird. "Freewing, do you mind helping?" He asked softly, toeing the little feathers and the bead. He couldn't knot it into her fur, so he'd need the birds help. "Gaia..." He whispered softly, moving his paw to gently touch hers. "My cloud, my love...I would give the entire world to make you happy. I will regret until my dying breath leaving you to mourn alone." He whispered softly, looking down at the ground. "I want to make you happy, I want to make your life amazing. I want to do everything I promised you a long time ago, and I can't believe...I had let that all go." He whispered, his voice soft, gentle before he looked back up at her, shifting closer to her. "A year ago, I asked you to marry me. The biggest mistake of my life was letting a whole year go by without making you my wife. So I have to ask, again, Gaia. We have been through so much, and we still have a long way to go." He swallowed then, before his voice got really quiet, almost scared. "Will you marry me?"

"Burn Baby Burn"

Gaia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
01-02-2016, 01:55 AM
There were many times she had wished that she could see her mate's face, the most had been when their children were born and a close second was this moment. She knew he was trying to be romantic, and she appreciated every minute of it. To her though it didn't matter, he was holding her tightly again. She'd take in a refreshing breath of air as he pulled away slightly, offering again the gift that he'd mentioned. Gaia wouldn't hesitate to follow after him, letting him lead her where ever he wanted her. As he slowed her to a stop the girl wouldn't hesitate to take her seat, curious as he fiddled with the object that she would realize was meant for her to wear.

She would stand up, allowing for Voltage to remove the old feathered band she had worn for longer than she'd known him. It was a piece of Solo and her old life, something she felt ready to give up more than ever as he asked her again to marry him. "I want to make you happy.." She would lean into him as he moved closer, glad for his touch. She'd listen intently, her sightless gaze never really leaving his face. She didn't blame him for how long it had taken to do what they'd originally intended to do. Everything had happened so fast afterwards, they didn't have time to think about a wedding. "I love you today more than I loved you then, Voltage you're my whole heart. I couldn't go on with out you, of course I'll marry you."
""

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-06-2016, 02:19 AM
(The sun goes down, the stars come out.
All that counts is here and now
My universe will never be the same

I'm glad you came
I'm glad you came
)

Voltage would sigh softly as she pushed into his embrace, and he would hold her all the tighter. She was the fire in his veins, the energy that swam through his body. Everything that had been him before her, was now her. Every breath he took he took for her, his heart beat to love her. That first day, when he saw her across that little pond, so sad and heartbroken, he had changed. Everything became her. Voltage had always lived for others, for many many wolves and each year of his life that grew. The first litter, the second, the third...then Gaia, then his daughters. Every year of his life it grew larger and larger, but when it came to Gaia... she somehow managed to take a spotlight. When his focus was on her, it was on her completely, and somehow his focus was always on her.  And god, he wouldn't change that for the world.

She would stand, turning slightly. Blinking, he'd look at the band that she always had, and he remembered in that moment just what it was for. It was the symbol of her first love, a promise the man had made. It was a symbol of her first heart break... Without a word he reached forward, nuzzling her thigh gently and pressing a soft kiss near her spine before catching the band in his teeth and tugging it from around her tail. It was slow, tentative, and if she wanted to change her mind he wouldn't hesitate. Voltage was a man of emotion, and first loves were always important. But still, he felt his affection swell as he tugged it from her tail and let it fall to the rock with a soft clang. Quickly he'd gather her in his arms again when she settled back against him, his paw wrapping gently around her and his nose pressing into the top of her head. He loved her, like he had never loved another in his whole life. When she spoke, he felt his breath catching, and he had to close his eyes to compose himself. "My little cloud.." He whispered softly, voice tight with emotion as he held her tighter. "I don't know what I have ever done to deserve you..." He whispered.

"Burn Baby Burn"