Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
12-30-2015, 06:03 PM
Surreal Adravendi

The standard had been raised. She had waited a couple days, patrolling the border and leaving her definitive mark, instead of the whispers that had been the border before. This time, there was no doubt that a pack was in residence here, and the consequences would be immediate if one trespassed. However, now she crossed out of the border, heading Northward. It wasn't to be a long trek, and within a few hours, she came to the edge of the crest of Emerald Valley.

She had waited a few days to allow the owner of the voice that had claimed this land to settle in, set up his borders, and be ready to greet visitors. As the masculine scented border touched her nose she stopped immediately, stepping back a respectful foot and analyzed what she smelled. Male, young. He still carried hints of the southern continent he'd come from, and a few scents of others. Including pups. She gave a thoughtful hum and took another step away, lifting her head and uttering a polite summons for whomever had claimed such rich hunting grounds. Her hope was that this new pack was friendly, and wouldn't be a bother.

Regulus had come along, but was still a mile back, having paused to catch a hare that had dared poke its nose out of the den. He would be along in all his vibrant glory soon enough, hopefully with a gift for the neighbors.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think

[Image: a5Wob8t.png]
Surreal's family is allowed to crash any thread she is in, regardless of it being private or not.

Mithras

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
player
01-01-2016, 11:37 PM

He heard a woman's call and perked. Well, wasn't this a monumental day! His first summons as an alpha by an alpha? The hulking man smirked and rose from the small nook he'd been using as a den and began to make his way towards her at a comfortable pace. What on earth could it be? A pleading dame, an act of war? Well, it was probably just a friendly hello, but where was the fun in that?! It wasn't long before he came upon the woman, fairly average in color especially in comparison to his unearthly pelt. "Heya," he said by way of an easy greeting. "I'm Mithras. Seems like you were wanting to have a chat?" Forget formality, he was too curious for that nonsense, and never mind "first impressions." Bah! That nonsense didn't really matter anyways, right? Besides, it wasn't like she was outright glaring or pissed looking or anything. He'd take his chances! "What can I do for you?" He sat down, comfortable on his side of the border, and waiting to hear her out.

"Talk" "You" Think

NOTE: Caia,  Faria, and his children are allowed in all of Mithras' thread, regardless of their status. If you're threading with him, expect them as well!

Surreal

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
01-03-2016, 07:57 PM
Surreal Adravendi

Surreal wasn't left waiting long. Soon enough, her summons was answered by a monumental, very fascinatingly colored and marked male arrived. He was the same height as Glacier, but even Glacier's blue markings paled in compar8ison to the coat this fellow sported. A smile creased her face as she looked him over, taking it all in. He was younger than her by a lot; he would likely still be leading by the time she stepped down to retire and have a few more children. So it was good that she had brought Regulus along for this meeting.

Mithras, as he soon introduced himself, was a pleasant personality, it seemed. She couldn't help liking his open lack of formality. Or the grin that answered his question. Regulus wasn't far off. She'd heard a low bark that signalled that he was on his way with a mouthful. So she began. "My name is Surreal Adravendi, Archangel - or Alpha - of Celestial. The young fellow arriving soon is my son and heir, Regulus Adravendi. We've claimed the lands to the south of here, near the coast. Vericona Plains and Wolfpaw Lake. I heard your claim on the evening I staked my claim there, and decided this would be my first stop in seeing the other packs and seeing what deals can be worked out." Her smile was warm as she looked at him. "I intend for Celestial to be ultimately friendly until provoked into war."

Her eyes slid past his celestially painted frame to the Valley. Excellent hunting grounds, and good water, though with the melting snow and spring rains, she imagined the river would be swollen right now. "You've chosen good lands. The Valley has a very good selection of prey." She returned her gaze to him, grinning. Gods she hoped he'd be a good neighbor.

Surreal's family is allowed to crash any thread she is in, regardless of it being private or not.

Mithras

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
player
01-06-2016, 11:55 AM

The plain woman would name herself Surreal Addra-something-or-other. She claimed to have settled lands farther south, which made them neighbors. Mithras' grin would widen and a childlike excitement filled him up. It was his first real act as alpha! But he tamped down the urge to prance around like a spooked rabbit, and did his best to respond in a socially acceptable way. "Nice to meetcha," he said with a grin and a nod. She seemed nice, he supposed! Wasn't really sure what he was supposed to be looking for of course, but never mind that. He peered over her shoulder, trying to catch a glimpse of this son of hers.

Surreal named her pack a more-or-less friendly bunch, and Mith thought it was probably right to offer some details of his own. "We call ourselves Argead, and we like to keep things neutral and impartial unless provoked. And thank you for your judgement, they seemed as good a choice as was offered." He looked over his shoulder, half expecting one of his daughters or siblings to be sitting in ambush. Mention of Surreal's progeny had him on his toes. "My family and friends live here with me, so if you happen to run into anyone with my colors, they're probably lost. All have a tendency to go wandering off, you know?" He gave a dry chuckle, and while affecting a calm and collected state, he was internally hoping that none of his would go out of their way to cross their borders... but he really couldn't promise anything.

"Talk" "You" Think

NOTE: Caia,  Faria, and his children are allowed in all of Mithras' thread, regardless of their status. If you're threading with him, expect them as well!

Surreal

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
01-11-2016, 05:10 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2016, 05:11 AM by Surreal.)
Surreal Adravendi

This fantastically marked fellow was a happy individual, it seemed. That grin only got wider, and her own spread a few molars in response, her muzzle dipping slightly in a warm nod at his pleasantry. Her ears flicked forward to listen as he spoke a bit about his pack, giving the name and their general standing. Much like Celestial, than. She had no interest in going to war unless her paw was forced, and she was glad that she felt so strongly that this pack was unlikely to be the one that did.

As he went on to add that he and his family held occupancy there, and that there were others with his coloring, she chuckled. She'd have to keep note of that. If any children stumbled over her borders that resembled this fellow, she'd be sure to help them home. "That's certainly how it seems. One of my first litter daughters went missing while she was a pup, and she's only just returned this autumn, her second year..." Even after the time had passed, the pain of that long absence was in her voice, and she didn't wish to consider the pain of the other child that seemed to have strayed.

She straightened her shoulders and brought a smile to her jaws as she gazed into his mismatched eyes and celestially marked features. "What are your intentions, if I might ask, regarding other packs? I'm interested in trades, as well as peace agreements. An Alliance would be lovely, but not every pack does those, which is perfectly alright if you don't either." Behind her, she caught the tread of heavy paws, and much lighter paws scampering alongside. Regulus had arrived at last, rabbit in his jaws and a pleased look on his face. She turned her head, dying to see his face when he looked at Mithras.

Mithras

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
player
01-11-2016, 05:19 PM
Mithras listened to Surreal with polite interest as she spoke. His eyes widened at the mention of a wayward daughter, blanching at the thought of it. It would have drove him to madness. "I'm sorry to hear it, but glad for her return," he said gravely. She asked him of his intentions and he took a deep breath, using it's moment to think. He could not promise one way or the other because he hadn't gotten a true feeling of her pack yet. Sure he liked her, but one wolf did not a pack make. An alpha couldn't control everyone's actions, no, but their intentions could be something else entirely.

"We intend open relations of commerce and contact with all packs, but will be promising friendship to only a rare few who show themselves worthy of the title 'friend.' It would take time," he said with a shrug. He couldn't promise something so vital so quickly. He too picked up on the heavy footsteps of who he could only assume was her son, and sounded familiarly large. He craned his neck, waiting for the new comer to come into view. It wasn't often that he met a wolf as large as himself.

Regulus

Somnium
Ascended

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
01-11-2016, 07:48 PM
Regulus Anatolii Adravendi

That hare had thought itself safe when it had dashed frantically down the hole to it's warren. Too bad the vibrant red Future had been accompanied for this trek by a cat. Cinder slipped into the hole, and Regulus waited patiently beside it, jaws lightly parted in readiness to strike. A scuffle, a squeal, a snap of jaws later, and voila, bunny supper. Now it dangled from his jaws as the Future trotted after his mother's scent, and, finally, he arrived.

Cinder was the first to truly note the star spangled, gem color encrusted alpha, and as she came to an abrupt halt, Regulus tripped over her with a grunt of surprise and a muffled "Cinder!" However, his sapphire eyes popped wide open as he saw what his friend had seen. Wow. This guy was... Woooow. Never had Regulus felt plain in a vivid red coat before now. He'd though himself and Ganja to be pretty uniquely marked (in Ganja's case, at lease) and colored, but this wolf won the contest if there ever were to be one.

He regained his composure as he glanced at his mother to see the grin plastered on her face, stepped forward, and dropped the rabbit on the border at Mithras' paws. "A gift. I'm Regulus Anatolii Adravendi, Future of Celestial, and this is my friend, Cinder. Pleasure to meet you." Boy he was glad he'd long since grown out of his trouble with pronouncing the 'R' sound.

[Image: T8yHvja.png]

Surreal

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
01-18-2016, 08:57 PM
Surreal Adravendi

Surreal smiled and nodded at Mithras' words. As for his words on his plans, another nod was given, that of understanding. "Of course. I wouldn't press for friendship without getting to know you and your pack better, though I do have a feeling that I'll enjoy having Argead for a neighbor." She flashed a grin.

Regulus' reaction was exactly as she's expected, and a soft laugh left her jaws, followed by a proud smile as he composed himself, and made his introduction and gave his rabbit. Her and her mother's training in action. She gave him a pleased smile and turned back to Mithras, wondering what he might be thinking of her son's bright coloring as opposed to her own very natural coloring and pattern.

"I've been thinking of holding a festival of sorts in a nuetral place. It would be a chance to mingle without threat of violence or issues of borders. I've been to one in the past, and it was quite a fun occaision, even if I'd had to travel quite a distance heavily pregnant." She intended to explore the west a bit more; she seemed to recall a wide plain to the west of here, in fact, though she had never gotten to explore it, since it had been taken by Olympus. What had become of that pack? "Would you and Argead be interested?"

Mithras

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
player
01-25-2016, 03:24 PM

A vivd young wolf would appear with a rabbit and a wide-eyed gaze. Excepting the rabbit, Mithras was more or less used to this approach. Some were more exposed than others of course, but most still asked if he was some sort of god or celestial being. The scarlet boy seemed to be only a shade younger than himself, and even so retained his composure long enough to give a proper greeting. He liked him! He would introduce someone else that Mithras had not noticed at first. A second glance would show him a small cat, and Mithras found his own brows rising for a change. "Wonderful to meet you both," he remarked. "And I thank you for the rabbit. At first he'd thought about refusing it, but it would be one more meal for his growing girls. He would be sure they knew who provided it too, and to be on their best manners when ever they met wolves from the other packs.

Surreal spoke up again, echoing a similar philosophy to his own and it was a relief to hear it. He wouldn't have liked being pressured into something so soon. It would also see, that she too intended to entertain the realm with an event of sorts and this caused Mithras to chuckle. "It would seem the fever is spreading. There will be no end of festivities at this rate, I'm glad to hear it. Hopefully the activity would keep his own followers occupied in their extracurricular studies, and familiar with the wolves they shared the world with. "I will encourage my followers to attend," he said with a smile, leaving unsaid that he would not force them if they didn't want to. "For now though, I hope you can excuse me. I was attempting to find a meal for my girls for the evening, and the time is escaping!" He gave a gentle smile and stretched out his back with a subtle arch. It was Faria's turn to give a lesson today while he found something for them to eat. Soon he'd be taking them along with him, but for now he was just busy-busy-busy. The rabbit was a fantastic start but he'd still need two more and something for Faria as well!

- Mithras

Surreal

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
01-25-2016, 09:20 PM
Surreal Adravendi

All in all, Mithras had made a good impression on the Archangel; she liked his easy going personality and the friendliness of him. He had manners, but they weren't stiffly formal. A laugh left the Adravendi at his remark on the festivities, and his assurance that he would encourage Argead to join in warmed her greatly. "It would be a celebration of both our packs, I think. Two packs started on the same evening." A grin flashed across her maw as she listened to his request to be excused. He sounded like a good father.

"Of course! It was a true pleasure to meet you, Mithras. If ever you need anything, give us a howl." Her head bowed respectfully before she rose to her paws, brushing Regulus' side with her tail and turning to leave.

She had big hopes for the future.

-exit Surreal with Regulus-

Mithras

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
player
01-31-2016, 11:03 PM
Mithras was glad and relieved to see that Surreal seemed more than happy to release him. Overall he was quite happy with how their meeting had gone! Perhaps they were not the best of friends yet but he was looking forward to working and interacting with Celestial in the future. Plus, he couldn't wait to tell the girls he'd seen a wolf who was just red and no other colors mixed in. He was used to mottling like they had or neutral tones like those of most natives, but just one color? They'd hardly believe him. "It was a pleasure to meet you both," he said with a nod of respect. "And right back atcha," he said in response to her offer of aid. Having another pack in his debt wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, after all, he thought with a bit of mirth though he was uncertain if he'd truthfully be able to keep any sort of I.O.U in mind anyways.

He watched for a moment as the two departed, and when he himself turned as well he couldn't help but think of the future, and all it would bring to their doorstep, both good and bad. It would be impossible to guess with any kind of accuracy, and he wasn't about to worry himself to death over what he couldn't control. Of course, Mithras planned to take it in stride. As he curved his path towards what smelled like a prairie dog's warren, he wore a smile on his face.