Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
01-09-2016, 10:45 AM
ooc: requesting Neos Kyverno (or Meso Kyverno if that's alright but he's not Intermediate yet)

Clouds rolled through the distant sky, darkening the horizon with rain however Ullr felt no need to take shelter. The moderate wind was pushing the rainstorm farther to the south and away from the valley. He made not to angle the entrance of his den and perhaps shift it a bit higher though now that spring was here he'd taken to sleep out under the open stars more and more. As the wind died down Ullr's thoughts turned once more to the pack and his role within it. He thought of himself primarily as a hunter and tracker and while he was skilled in the arts of battle they were not arts he wished to devote himself to. There was still too much in his past he needed to sort out before he could jump into battle without losing himself. He was of course a gifted navigator. He had to be, having had to look out for himself most of his life and rarely having a place he could call home. So what was he to be? Hunter and warrior or scout? Ullr mulled the roles over in his head before tipping back his head and howling for the alpha.

"Speech"

Mithras

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
player
01-11-2016, 04:58 PM

Mithras was starting to get used to the hellish storms that were taking their turns wracking the landscape. He never would have guessed that the west was so... intense as far as climate went. He obviously had much to learn, but he was getting there step by step. He missed the sense of familiarity he'd accumulated in the south and was eager to find it again in this new home. As he ranged through the grasslands, he picked out the new figure of one of his first additions. Ullr, his name was. Mithras smiled and loped over, giving a low chuff to alert the other male to his presence. He stopped a ways away, trying to give the man room to breathe. "Looks pretty nasty out there, huh? I get the feeling that this is just the beginning." He wasn't entirely certain how familiar Ullr was with these lands but he hoped it was more than himself. "Have you known this place long?" He asked, genuinely curious along with it being a somewhat crucial bit of information to know. He was impatient to get Argead's structure in place so that it could start to truly blossom. If Ullr was familiar with these lands it would do well for Mithras to give him the reign he deserved, so that he could start instructing the others.

"Talk" "You" Think

NOTE: Caia,  Faria, and his children are allowed in all of Mithras' thread, regardless of their status. If you're threading with him, expect them as well!

Ullr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
01-17-2016, 01:58 PM

Ullr turned as his alpha approached, blinking for a moment as he tried to adjust himself to the others appearance. Mithras was so other-worldly that Ullr some times had to remind himself that he was indeed looking at an actual wolf and not some bizarre fantasy or shadow of his earlier illness. Though the images he saw when he was struggling tended to be far more sinister. He never saw anything as ethereal and handsome as this man.

Ullr nodded. "Yes, someone is in for a rough time but the winds are pushing that particular cell away from us and it doesn't seem likely that it will double back although…" He turned again to the south. "That doesn't mean another won't form later in the evening." Ullr settled himself as Mithras asked him another question.

"Yes and no. I am familiar with this area, when my brothers rescu-" Ullr's voice clipped. He felt way to comfortable around Mithras. The other had this sort of aura of a laid-back benevolent forest spirit and it was so easy to drop his guard around the other man. Not that he should really have a guard up it was his alpha after all. "My brothers brought me to this area when I was young and very ill. I joined a pack called Valhalla for a time while I healed but at the time it wasn't in my nature to settle so I left." Ullr got to his feet and started to walk. "I've been investigating this land, trying to refresh my memory and etch it in my mind. It's why I called you sir. I was wondering if I might join the ranks of the Kyverno. I've been a world traveller for much of my life though I am also quite skilled at hunting. I enjoy both so please, feel free to rank me as you feel benefits the pack."

"Speech"

Mithras

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
player
01-18-2016, 01:19 PM
Ullr seemed well versed in the reading of weather patterns, and Mithras made a note of it. Sometime soon they'd have to go scouting together, perhaps the older male could teach him a thing or two, if he'd be up for it of course. Once again the pale man began to speak, only this time it was halved as if a new though had interrupted him. Mithras did not allow himself to think too deeply on it lest he attempt to pry. At the end of it all he requested a ranking with the Kyverno, and truth to tell he'd already impressed Mithras with his casual kind of knowledge. "If you feel the Kyverno is your calling, I'm glad to hear it. And of course talented hunters are always welcome as well. I'm sure the youth will appreciate lessons in either school. Would you be interested in the Meso rank, if it meant keeping the younglings focused on their work?" Gods knew they needed it.

He hoped that Argead would be a place for everyone to grow and improve, but not every was quite so focused on it as he was. Namely, his girls. If it wasn't exploration, rough housing, or killing something it usually didn't go over well, and he needed the back up. Slowly but surely he was working his way through the ranks, getting things sorted. It was starting to come together at last!

NOTE: Caia,  Faria, and his children are allowed in all of Mithras' thread, regardless of their status. If you're threading with him, expect them as well!

Ullr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
01-23-2016, 12:36 AM

Ullr was grateful for Mith's patience as he pondered whether or not he wanted to jump up to the Meso rank. As far as skills went in navigation Ullr was certain he was versed enough. He'd spent all his life traveling and learning rarely living in the same spot for more than a few weeks. Necessity had been a stern teacher and Ullr was a quick learner. Yes, he had the skills but the question was whether he could be a teacher himself. Helping the new Kyverno. It was an intimidating prospect but at the same time he couldn't really know until he gave it a try.

Ullr nodded. "I'd be honored to accept the rank of Meso Kyverno and I will do my best to assist in anyway possible." The reason for his call had come to an end but… he glanced up at Mithras. "Mithras, are you busy at the moment? I wondered if you might join me for a walk. I should like to know my leader better if that's alright."

"Speech"

Mithras

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
player
01-31-2016, 10:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2016, 10:52 PM by Mithras.)

MITHRAS AERIS
Not only did Ullr accept his rank with grace, he gave a vow towards productivity which only earned him more brownie points in the starry man's eyes.He asked if Mith might want to walk with him and the larger wolf smiled, tail giving a polite wag. He was quickly growing to like this quiet fellow. "Never too busy for a chat," he said with a polite yet genuine smile. He turned himself northward and tilted his head to indicate his direction. "I've been meaning to size up the river for a few days now, you're more than welcome to join me." The spring rains had begun to push it beyond it's borders and Mithras was of a mind to plot out what areas would see the worst of a potential flood. This valley was fertile for a reason, he supposed, and he could make due with a flood plain.

He turned and began to walk, slowly at first so that Ullr would be able to find a pace that suited him. The larger man took a deep breath in through the nose and was pleased to find that the air was beginning to smell like home. "Anything specifically you'd like to talk about? I'm prepared for twenty questions, I'll have you know. I'm aware it's a leap of faith to follow a new leader on a whim, I'd be more than happy to put you at ease where I'm able, and fib otherwise." He chuckled and winked, smirk breaking into a full on grin. He only hoped that Ullr knew he was joking, and if he was really lucky he'd appreciate his sense of humor too. But who could blame him! Others were always so serious about these matters. Why put on a face when trying to get to know someone, why bother getting to know a lie?

"Talk" "You" Think

Ullr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
02-12-2016, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2016, 07:00 PM by Ullr.)

Well, this was awkward.  Mithras agreed to join him and now that the alpha was walking next to him Ullr suddenly felt embarassed and couldn't quite exactly remember what he was going to ask.  He would nod as they traveled toward the river. "Sounds like a good idea.  With all this rain we'll need to keep an eye on it.  Hopefully we'll have a few dry days that can give the higher water levels time to move down stream."  He would match pace with Mithras as the conversation would continue.  Ullr chuckled at Mithras joke.  Where did he even want to start?  "Well, I guess… the most basic question is why did you decide to start a pack?  Also, where do you come from?  I'm sure you get this all the time but you have a very…. interesting look about you.  Not a bad look!  That's not what I mean, you're very handsome I mean just…" Ullr shut himself up turning away slightly embarrassed.  Good job genius.  You were pulling off the cool wanderer so well then when you start talking to people you turn into a bumbling idiot.

"Speech"