Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
01-09-2016, 09:32 PM

Rain was falling gently from the sky again, mixing with the earth, creating pockets of muddy earth where the grasses weren't thick enough to prevent it. Birna rested inside her den, gazing out across the range. It wasn't optimal conditions for a fight… but that was kind of the point. Birna stuck her head out of her den and howled for her apprentice, Atreides. It had been awhile since they'd trained and today was as good as any in her eyes. She slipped from her den, letting the rain soak into her pelt as she waited. She would practice her breathing. In through the nose, out through the mouth, slow and steady.

"Speech"

[Image: 262ny8g.png]

Atreides

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Tealah
02-23-2016, 06:50 AM
Atreides pricked up his ears as his mentor's voice slipped through the rain into his refuge in the orchard. Training? His tail gave a sharp wag, but then he glanced out into the rain and it trailed off into a half-hearted thump. He sighed. Well, he knew Birna just wanted to make sure he was the best warrior he could be, but it sure did feel at this moment as though he were being punished for not advancing like everyone else! No use putting it off though, the rain showed no signs of letting up so he was getting wet either way and if he waited he'd just irritate Birna.

By the time he made it to where she'd called from, his gray coat was plastered to his sides and his usual cheerful disposition was somewhat... dampened. He managed a somewhat sheepish grin, standing there with water dripping from his nose and ears. "Hey, Birna."

Birna I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
02-28-2016, 04:16 PM

Water soaked her pelt, cold and unwelcoming as her toes flexed in the mud. Battle did not always wait for favorable conditions and if she was honest with herself it had been ages since she'd fought in inclement weather. Her apprentice was soon to arrive and she dipped her head. "Hello Atreides." He didn't seem to be particularly comfortable. Good. "You've grown into a fine young man and it's quickly becoming time where you'll be set on your own and I'll take a younger apprentice. Before that happens though I'd like one last fight, for old times sake." She grinned, right ear flicking as a particularly large drop hit it. "I don't need to tell you that being able to fight well in various types of terrain and weather is important. Battle and conflict can happen anywhere, anytime, regardless of our personal comfort." She widened her stance, massaging the muddy earth. "Would you like the first move?"

"Speech"

[Image: 262ny8g.png]