size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
01-11-2016, 07:22 PM

Solor

Faun had vanished off the face of the earth, he was quite certain to this fact. One minute she had existed, the next.. 'poof' a fact that frustrated him greatly. He had walked so much in the last season that he thought his paws might fall off. All of his focus lately had been on Southern Alacritis but he was doubting the wisdom of that choice. He hadn't caught a single sign of sister, not hide nor hair.

To top it all off, as he walked beneath a strong oak tree something fell, and landed right on the base of its head. Whatever it was was too soft to be an acorn, and slid from his neck to his back like a slide. He turned his head sharply, clicking his neck in his effort to see what on earth was going on. There, nestled in the fur between his shoulder blades sat a little owl. Its head seemed to large for its body and it swirled to latch large, wide eyes upon him. Solor had ever intention of eating the damn mite, but as he inched his head closer to it, it stumbled towards him instead of away, its wide eyes looked hideously trusting. He paused, jaws slightly ajar, and found himself unable to do the deed. He realized, with a world-weary sigh he had not one, but two. That's right, two voices crowding his head, begging him not to do it. One belonged to a silver wolf, his almost opposite, a wolf he missed dearly. Another.. a little white blind pup, all determined and fur bristled with pride and frustration. He didn't dare cross either voices, and instead, he shook out his coat. “Go on. Get lost. Before I change my mind” he growled. The little bird peeped wildly and clung to him. “Get off!” Solor growled, didn't the stupid thing realize how close he was to being eaten? Solor shifted closer to the large oak tree, and tried to nudge the creature onto a low hanging branch. Even as he did so, a large snowy owl descended upon him, claws screeching.

Even as Solor looked on, he realized that bird didn't care if it killed the child in is attempts to rid Solor from its home. Solor's back was up instantly, how dare that bird forsake its child! He snapped his teeth at the bird, and the creature raked its claws across Solor's head. The wolf yelped and, and snapped his teeth again, but they fell on empty air. How did one fight an airborne creature anyway! As the stupid bird went in for a second round, he realized he risked the chicks life by staying. He turned, and fled the scene.

An entire day later and he still couldn't rid himself of his new companion. As he slept, it had curled up by his side, and he had tried to creep away in the night. Before he could vanish into the trees, the thrice cursed beast had woken and let out a strangled, terrified cry. Once again, Vail and Faun's voices had combined in his head, threatening and harassing him until he returned, laid down on the ground, whispered softly to the damn thing "Shh, i'm here" , and went to sleep like that had been his intention all along.

Three days later, he caught the scent of Vail. He wouldn't mind having a word with that bleating female, for sticking her voice in his head like a third conscience. Wasn't two enough? As he turned and made his way in the direction of her scent, his steps determined and sure... he started to get an idea. The more he thought about it, the more relaxed his steps became. Here, he had the chance to pretend he was such a wonderful noble creature who had thought of nothing but Vail and rid himself of the cursed owl!

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-11-2016, 07:43 PM

It had been a little less than a week since she'd last seen Solor. While she wasn't about to call him her friend he was an acquaintance she cared about and she hoped he was out finding his sister. Let her be the one to be on the receiving end of his never ending teasing. Even thinking of him would put the young girl on edge, her tail would flop in irritation as she blinked her sightless gaze. She was laying in the shade of one of the mighty trees, here she didn't have to worry so much about a sun burn on her fair skin. Motif was very much glad of that, almost as relieved as Vail herself. She could be active during the day time, and she didnt have to cover herself in mud or weird ointment. Over the past few days she'd spent a lot of time in the presence of her parents. It felt like something big was coming, a change that would mean incredible readjustment. She tried to ignore the feeling, but had found herself with Shai and Motif anyway.

She wasn't sure where they were now, spending some alone time she had to figure. Vail hadn't seen Shaye in a few days, she hoped her older sister was doing well. She hadn't seemed to adjust as well to the warmer climate of the south. Vail would just keep reminding herself that everything was alright now, her dad was recovering, she had her little family here. She didn't have to worry about the future, right?
""

if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
01-11-2016, 07:54 PM

Solor

He would find Vail resting beneath the shade of a wide sweeping tree when he strolled up, looking relaxed and at ease like everything in the world was normal. Like seeing her wasn't an unexpected surprise, and like it was an every day occurrence to have a floofy little owlet snuggled between his ears, bobbing up and down gently with the movement of his body.

He stopped right before the blind girl, wondering if she was yet familiar with the tread of his paws. “Little Damsel” he said pleasantly, using his favorite nickname for the head strong and prickly little creature. “I was wondering where I would find you” the little hang on between his ears peeped curiously, hoping forward and with a little startled cry slid down his forehead and landed on his nose. Taking this as the perfect opportunity, Solor leaned forward until his head was even to Vail's shoulder blade, and gently tipped his nose down, so the bird slid gently onto her back. “You seem like the sort to like pretty little forest critters. This one is a snowy little screech Owlet. You can eat it. Or keep it. I'm really not fussed” he promised her.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-11-2016, 08:18 PM

Vail indeed recognized the gait that approached her, almost as quickly as the scent that was brought to her by the wind. Solor had not left the Southern lands, but she had no doubt he still searched for his sister. It must have been terrible to know that he could come and find her almost easily, and his litter mate was completely gone. She would perk up, her sightless eyes 'watching' him as he made his approach. She couldn't see anything in the dimly lit forest, but she knew her sounds and as he drew more near his voice would confirm what her senses had told her. "Mr. Impossible." She'd greet back, if he wanted to use ridiculous nicknames she could play along. Her ears would perk up after his words, no longer curious about what he was syaing but rather the small sound of what was not him. What did he have with him? A snack? A confused look lingered on her features, and the sudden transfer of a very much live creature to her back was odd. A white owl huh? So it a snack, or a toy? Vail wasn't sure but already his little cries were breaking her heart. "Awe, he's hungry. Have you even thought about feeding him while you've had him?" No thank yous, no 'oh you were thinking of me?' No, only that she was sure he'd forgotten to feed the little thing. And goodness was he little, she could barely feel his weight atop her, but goodness did she feel his talons.
""

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
01-11-2016, 08:27 PM
She would return with her own nickname for him and he would beam brilliantly. He took 'Mr impossible' as a compliment, and found great amusement when she deemed to use that name. In response to his little companion she would seem very curious, and her voice when she spoke was accusing. He couldn't help but laugh very gently at her. But her fussing, he snorted, and tossed back his head, mocking a look of outrage. “Of course. He's had scraps from my own meals” she promised him. Not that Solor had been given a choice, anything he caught, the little rodent decided to take a nibble at. Seeing the creature struggle, Solor had even chewed up some food for the rat. Of course, that truth would never pass his lips. She wouldn't hear about that from him!

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-11-2016, 09:10 PM

She'd reach back over her shoulder with her nose, nudging the tiny raptor gently. He was so fuzzy! She'd try to hide her delight at this new little pet, but it was rather hard to mask with her tail wiggling contentedly behind her. Solor would try and assure her that he had indeed had to give up quite a bit of his meal to the little bugger. Vail would smile at that, served him right for taking the poor little baby from his nest. The little bird would coo at her touch, but also pecked impatiently at the bridge of her nose. He was hungry, and he wanted to eat now. Vail would sigh heavily. "Alright little guy. I'll feed you." She'd offer another blind glare at the dark man who's brought the owlet to begin with. "Do you have a name?" She'd tilt her ears back to hear in case Solor had bestowed his own name on the fluffball. Not that she had any plan to take a name that he had come up with anyway. She'd start to walk away, seeking out her family's food store. There was the better part of a deer carcass still left over not incredibly far from the den. Surely there would still be some scraps her new friend could eat.
""

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
01-11-2016, 10:52 PM
Solon 'hurrumphed' as she turned her attention to the fluff ball. She made it sound like he had done the bird a disservice, all 'I'll feed you' like he had let the silly thing starve. He was the one that had saved it's life. First as a soft landing patch when it fell and second he took it away from the horrible mother who had clearly abandoned it.
And yet, despite pulling faces at vail and sticking out his younger like a petulant child, he couldn't help how his tail gave a little wave of its own. He couldn't help it,he could see that she was happy despite herself. "O fought predators and swam oceans to bring this little gift to my sweet winter rose. All that strife was worth it, now that I can see your smile and hear the thanks upon your lips"
His pretty words didn't sound the least bit sarcastic and that in itself was a miracle. She asked it is name, addressing the question the bird rather then the wolf that had found it. In fact, she seemed to be doing a wonderful job on ignoring solor now that she had the owlet in her arms. Non the less, solor would deliver a name with flourish. "I thought perhaps you might consider Valo. It means 'light' and after all it is to be a company and the light to a wolf who walks in shadows" he said, following after her as she moved away despite knowing where she led.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-12-2016, 01:54 PM

Vail would simply ignore his antics. She couldn't see his childish faces, but had she been able to she most certainly would have returned them. She'd focus mostly on the little bird on her shoulder, his little noises were amusing. Her ears would tilt back at Solor's words, he was trying to act like he'd done something special or that he'd gotten any kind of thanks from her. She'd take her turn to 'harumph' him as her paws carried her farther into the wood. She'd listen despite herself as he offered a name suggestion, it was pretty an dthe meaning behind it was beautiful. But Vail couldn't let him have that kind of satisfaction. "What? Your name is, Notch?" She'd ask, one of the little cries and clicks sounded similar to that word. "Sorry Solor, looks like he already has a name." She'd flick her tail triumphantly, however victory was fleeting. She was focusing so much on getting on Solor's nerves and listening to her little bird that she'd completely miss some tree roots. Vail would find herself face planted on the forest floor. The owlet had held on to her scruff expertly, and was no worse for wear.
""

Solor

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
01-12-2016, 02:40 PM

Solor

Solor gave a long suffered sigh at her harrumph, and at her name choice. Really, Notch? He had had a perfectly poetic reason for a different name. Apparently Vail was reluctant to lose an inch of ground when it came to Solor, who simply shrugged at let her be.
Not two seconds later the boy would be raising his eyebrows in astonishment and watching her face plant into the ground. He might have tried to dice forward to catch her but he was too far away, and besides, there something satisfying about the sight.

He came up beside her with a sigh. “Really, Vail?” he asked, before nosing his head into her neck with a gentleness that differed from his words or tone. The movement was to sniff for injuries and give her a hand up if she desired – through he honestly doubted she would use any support offered by him.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-13-2016, 12:09 PM

Little Notch would flap his fluffy wings in alarm as they went down, the sound of his name coming from his beak in worried tones. He seemed much more concerned than Solor, but he didn't know Vail's clumsy past. She would sigh heavily as Solor appeared beside her, the tiny bird on her shoulder still very much shrieking as she tried to push her feet underneath her. She felt his comforting touch, and though she was loathe to tell him it did make her feel better. She didn't need his help in attaining balance once more. She'd kick at the stupid root with a back paw as she set back out on her way. Not realizing that her trip had damaged the same claw Solor had wrapped up at the creek. She'd gasp at the pain as she took her first step. "Stupid nature. Stupid body." She'd mutter as she limped on, almost ready to just give up for the day.
""