Terrae

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-11-2016, 09:47 PM

With the beach still flooded, where most of his herb supplies had been washed away, there wasn't much left for him to do now. His family had relocated to the prairie, and now they watched the churning waves continue to swallow the sand. He had spent the past few days lazing around the grassland, nosing through the melted snow and damp earth for any herbs that might have sprouted. Unfortunately, the plants were only starting to sprout - no good for the healer. Desperate to beat the boredom, he headed north along with his companion, where he found promising plains. A river, however, winded its way through the region, and was overflowing with water. He blinked at the sight as he passed by. So it wasn't only the beach that had flooded. Pushing those thoughts aside, he kept a safe distance away from the river as his eyes scouted the ground in a search for floral life.  

"Terrae speech" "Silvius speech"

*Family are allowed to enter any of Terrae's threads whether they're private or not*

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
01-12-2016, 02:23 PM

Rhythm had wandered outside Imperium's boundaries to gather a few herbs she might not have been able to find within her home. The floods were obvious in the normally docile river. It was still rather slow moving, thanks to there being very little slope here, but there was just... so much more river. It was an incredible sight and the woman was almost distracted from her goal as bright eyes fell over the massive body. Delicate chocolate paws would let her continue, her eyes both searching for her plants as observing where the water was. She almost missed the man ahead of her. When she did notice him he looked almost exactly as she did, head swaying from right to left, gaze far away. What was he looking for? Curious she would put on a little speed. "Sir, are you looking for something?"

""  

Valentine may enter any of Rhythm's threads

Terrae

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-12-2016, 03:32 PM

So far he hadn't had much success in his search. Perhaps he would have to head further north, or maybe towards the east, seeing as there was a bountiful amount of herbs there. Patience, he told himself. Have patience. Momentarily, he was interrupted by a feminine voice. Snapping out of his daze, he looked up to find a smaller woman approaching him. A stranger she was for certain, though the scent of a pack clung to her mocha pelt. "Yes, actually," he answered, hoping she was a healer or someone with basic herb knowledge. "I'm looking for herbs." Would she offer her assistance or simply bid him luck in his search and leave?

*Family are allowed to enter any of Terrae's threads whether they're private or not*

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
01-12-2016, 05:07 PM

Her voice easily grasped at his attention, he'd turn to look at her. Rhythm would give him a friendly smile, making sure she didn't encroach upon his personal space as she drew more near. He was also quick to answer, confirming that he indeed sought out something in these lands. He'd go on to tell her he was searching for herbs. "I am too, might be better if we look together?" She'd offer helpfully, while her little journey had only just begun she had no way of telling how long he had been searching today. Though by how much he'd already gathered hse had to guess not for much length. "Are you in need of anything specific?" She just sought out generic herbs that couldn't normally be found within Imperium. She was sure as she went something would quickly catch her eye.

""  

Terrae

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-12-2016, 09:13 PM

What a pleasant coincidence to discover that she was searching for herbs as well. At her suggestion of them working together, he responded with a small smile. "Yes please. I could use some help." When she asked if there any particular herbs he was looking for, he shook his head, feeling slightly guilty. There were too many that he needed, ones that were vitally important. With his supplies so low, he was desperate. Any herb his eyes landed upon he would take without hesitation. "To be honest, no. I'm looking for any." It had been some time since he had encountered another healer...well, that was who he assumed she was. "If you don't mind me asking, are you a healer?" he inquired with a tilt of his head.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
01-12-2016, 09:35 PM

She'd receive a smile and a welcome answer to her offer, she'd reply with her own bright grin. He seemed just as sure as her about what he wanted to grab though, obviously just needing generally everything. Rhythm was fine with that though. He'd catch her a little off guard with his next question, but really she should have expected that more than him just assuming that's who she was. "I'm just kind of looking too, and I am. Rhythm Destruction of Imperium." She'd add a little bow of her head respectfully, fully expecting his name in return. "We can start walking, call out if you see something of interest, and I'll do the same." She'd offer her idea up easily, if he had a better one she would gladly hear it, but this was probably the simplest of solutions.

""  

Terrae

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-13-2016, 09:57 PM

None of her name sounded familiar, including Imperium. Was it the pack that laid west to the Rio Grande? The two scents smelt quite familiar. "Terrae Elementas of Donostrea," he introduced with a dip of his crown. Gesturing to hid companion sitting on his shoulder who had remained silent and utterly frightened of the stranger, he introduced the creature. "And Silvius." His lips curved upward in a small smile as he agreed with her suggestion, "Sounds good to me." Then he began to walk, breaking away from her personal space, occasionally looking back over his shoulder to see if she would do the same.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
01-17-2016, 01:20 PM
sorry that took so long, my muse crashed over the weekend

He would not disappoint, his name was easy off his tongue as well as his pack. Donostrea was just a little further south from them she was sure, not that she knew any elementas personally. She would return his polite gesture and perk up as he offered the name of his companion. A little bird, much like the one Shaye had with her on occasion. "It's nice to meet the both of you," She would add as he agreed to her plan. The land around the river was relatively flat, she wouldn't have too much trouble keeping track of him. With a flick of her tail she'd turn the other way and keep her eyes out. Most of what she walked through was just a tall dead grass, she could see the promise of new nearer the roots, where it was turning green again. Her bright gaze would find a few thistles, and before long her eyes would land on Alfalfa. There was a bit of this in Imperium, so she figured she'd let Terrae have this batch. Her head would shoot up, eyes searching for the male, "Mr. Elementas I've found some alfalfa!" She'd call out to him over the distance.

""  

Terrae

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-18-2016, 07:44 PM

"A pleasure likewise," he said with a nod and broad smile before slowly trotting off to scan an area of the grassland. Looking back, it appeared she had taken the other direction, which was good as more ground would be covered. The grass beneath him was dry, poking harshly at his paws, though he persevered with his search. Ahead he saw a lush patch of grass with bushes that blossomed white flowers, and he instantly thought of it being trillium. Excited to collect the rare herb, he hurried over only to discover that it was meadowsweet. It wasn't that much of disappointment anyway. Before he could call her over, she did just that, exclaiming that she had found alfalfa. Leaving his meadowsweet behind, hoping it wouldn't disappear when he got back, he approached the female who stood by a clump of blueish flowers. "Alfalfa," he repeated, trying to recall the herb's medicinal properties. "I know that it helps stimulate a mother's milk during pregnancy and improves blood flow, but are there any other uses?"

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
01-18-2016, 10:36 PM

The earthen wolf wouldn't spare any time in appearing at her side, she would smile softly as she sat in front of her find. He'd slowly make his way closer and obviously ponder over the plant's properties as he said the name. Rhythm would nod at the knowledge, he was very much correct with one use. "My mother told it's good for Arthritis as well, put the juices in water and drink that afterwards." She'd freely offer up the knowledge she had. She'd gesture to the plants with her paw, "Take what you need, if you're short. I have plenty waiting for me." She'd back up at little, tempted to continue on her search for useful plants. Alfalfa was that, but she didn't want to wast space on something that was plentiful in Imperium.

""  

Terrae

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-20-2016, 03:30 AM

It seemed the herb also helped those with arthritis, and if he could recall the condition correctly, it was the one that brought pain to the joints. He shuddered at the thought of it, knowing that his own bones were already starting to grow a bit stiff. At least now he knew how to deal with it, and he acknowledged her advice with a dip of his head. She even offered him as much of the plant as he wanted, for it seemed she already had some. "Thank you," he spoke before tearing several stems out from the ground, careful to ensure the roots came out as well. After all, he had to plant his herbs all over again. Dropping the bunch by his paws, he tilted his head towards the herbs he had discovered earlier. "I saw some meadowsweet over there. Would you like to collect some?"

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
01-24-2016, 12:22 PM

She would watch him for the moment as he gathered enough of the plant for himself, she'd smile approvingly as he took the whole of the plant for himself. He seemed only a small bit older than herself, and she knew you were never too old to learn something new. Rhythm would nod in welcome as he thanked her, really it was no problem. He harvest them and place them at his paws, looking back to her he'd offer her what he had found out here. Meadowsweet. That was one that she was in need of. "Oh I would!" She knew it had some pain relief powers, and while she usually went to cannabis for that purpose it would be good to have a few more options. "I usually use it for mild pain relief," she'd go out on a limb like he had earlier. "Do you use it for anything else?" She'd start over towards where he'd pointed his head, she was quite eager to collect her bounty.

""  

Terrae

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
01-26-2016, 01:35 AM

The woman appeared eager to collect some of the herb he had found, and he couldn't help but to crack a smile. No healer would turn down a herb - common or not. She seemed to follow the same pattern and stated one of the herb's uses. Pain relief he knew of, and regularly used the plant for that. "I heard it's also good for the flu," he added, picking up his bundle of alfalfa before trotting alongside her to the meadowsweet. "Don't know if it works though." His family never got chest infections or colds...in fact, they were healthy most of the time. He just happened to deplete his supplies by helping injured rogues or having floods ravage the beach. It didn't matter. Here he was now restarting. "Feel free to take as much as you need." It was a large bush, plenty for both of them.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
02-09-2016, 02:53 PM

Her herb gathering companion was quick to offer her a little snippet of information, it would probably work for the flu. He wasn't completely sure, but it sounded like it would be plausible enough. She'd nod as the continued onward until her eyes would find the herb he'd spoken of. Again he'd echo what she had done, offering her as much as she wanted. Rhythm didn't hesitate gathering what she could fit in her mouth for the return journey, she would bring just this and hope for something more uncommon next time. "Thank you, Terrae." She'd add as she dropped the plants by her paws, figuring this would be where they said their goodbyes. "If you need another hunting partner I'll be in Imperium." He'd been very pleasant and she'd happily go on another search if he asked. "It's been fun, farewell." She'd smile as she leaned down to grab her spoils once more, wagging her tail and adding a nod of farewell as she sprinted back towards Imperium.

-exit rhy-

""