Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
02-01-2016, 08:40 PM

Eyes narrowed as Birna stared at the ground hog. It stared back at her, half-way out of its hole, stiff as a board. Her muscles tensed as she debated what to do with the odd-smelling little beast. Was it edible? Possibly. Was it worth finding out? Also possibly. She wasn't really hungry but she was curious and she wanted to know if these creatures made decent opponents. Of course she had stopped a fair ways away… it would be a difficult distance to close. Birna's claws dug into the ground and she sprang forward with a snarl, fangs ripping into the flesh on the side of the creatures neck but failing to grab hold as it slipped back underground. Boo….

"Speech"

[Image: 262ny8g.png]

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
02-05-2016, 01:39 PM

The south was a curious thing, just as all the lands were. Rivaxorus had only been doing his own thing when he had scented the female. The yearling though would make sure to keep his distance as soon as she came into view in the plains. It seemed like she was chasing something, a prey item perhaps - that would make sense. She was the same height as he was, making her marked as yet another large wolf next to his Zephyra friend. His gray tail flicked when he finally noticed that it was a groundhog that she was after. He had only come across one before, in which he had learned that shadows played an important role in many things.

She almost had it, but it slipped just underground. He smiled mildly before taking his paw and stepping on a small twig, it snapped so that she would be aware that he was here. "It's a nice day to be hunting groundhogs." Rivaxorus said as he dipped his head respectfully to the elder wolf. It was always important that he signified that because she was older - she was bound to have more experience. He was about ten feet away from her, making it so she had space and that way maybe she could get the gist that he didn't mean any harm. Yet his senses still remained alert in case she attacked.

"Talk" "You" Think

Birna I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
02-07-2016, 01:53 PM

Birna would not be deterred that easily and she would crouch lightly to await another chance. She was focused and intent on her quarry but the sound of approaching footsteps would catch her attention, her right ear flicking back. The snap caused her to turn her head to eye the youth that was standing about ten feet from her. He spoke quickly but she would not respond immediately. The markings on the boy reminded her strongly of Arian and her eyes narrowed suspiciously as she tried to decide if she'd seen him before or if he was perhaps a relative.

Well… either way, she considered the business with Sonticus over and done with and she held nothing personal toward the members of the pack. Though with the boy here chatting away she was never going to get that ground hog though she supposed she'd have been in for a long wait regardless having wounded the creature. "It's a nice day to be out in general I think. At last we have a break from the rains. Are you out hunting as well?"

"Speech"

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
02-11-2016, 02:28 AM

Her had never really had anything against imperium. He probably should, but really he didn't even feel anything against Sin. He knew how his mother was and he was not his mother. Learning that actions spoke louder than words was far more important. He did not grow up with a mushy happy life as his family had hoped. It was harsh, maybe not as some, but it effected the boy greatly when he forced himself to grow up so quickly. Rivaxorus was patient, knowing that the woman was concentrating on the task at hand. He certainly hoped he was not interrupting.

"No I was more exploring." He explained as he looked at the hole the groundhog was in. "They react to shadows, if you stand on the opposite side and let the sun shine. You'll be able to catch it just at the right moment." Regardless of injuring the beast. Groundhogs were not the smartest of creatures. While never caught one himself, he had seen his brother attempt at one point and time.

"Talk" "You" Think

Birna I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
02-13-2016, 05:43 PM

Birna's shoulders rolled slowly forward then back again as she stretched. The boy stated that he was out exploring and she would nod. It was nice to get out of packlands now and again. She would shrug at his words regarding the shadows. Dumb though the beasts may be she knew when a quarry was beyond her reach. "Well, either way I doubt it will reappear while we stand here chatting. It may have left through it's tunnel but that's alright. I wasn't terribly hungry."

Birna would sit, tail wrapping around her paws as she observed the young man. "My name is Birna Xanilov. What do you call yourself? Are you an aspiring hunter?"

"Speech"

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
02-15-2016, 07:56 PM

Well she was rather nice company, and at the slightest sign that she disliked him he would leave. It was just the kind of man he was, how he never wanted to set a prickle under a wolf's skin. Not unless he thought they deserved it of course. He felt a little sorry, but she had said she wasn't hungry. He would settle himself slightly, as she asked him if he was an aspiring hunter. Birna Xanilov, giving her full name he supposed it was also only natural to give out his own. "Rivaorus II Adravendi, but my family calls me Riv. It's a pleasure to meet you, no more like an aspiring fighter and leader." he chuckled lightly.

"Are you a warrior?" Rivaxorus tilted his head. He was young so of course there were things he did not know. He wasn't about to act like he didn't either. Besides, it wasn't everyday he ran into a wolf that was the same height as him. He didn't have to crouch or worry about looking down on anyone. He still however kept up his guard, he didn't know just yet where she stood with him.

"Talk" "You" Think

Birna I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
02-22-2016, 09:03 PM

Birna would stiffen just slightly as he spoke his name but as she exhaled her body would relax. She had figured as much. "Adravendi, hm? I wondered. You look a lot like Arian." She didn't care to chase the little thread of thought to far, she didn't know enough of the boy to judge him and she'd always found the idea of judging one solely on their lineage terribly unfair. At the mention of fighter and leader her head would tilt slightly to the side. Was he perhaps intending to start a pack? Well, she wished him luck, hopefully his attempts would be more successful than that of Sonticu's leader.

She nodded. "Well met, Riv. Aye, I am a warrior…. and I suppose you could consider me an aspiring leader as well though I do not seek to lead a pack. Only the warriors within my current pack. Do you seek something similar or do you aspire to the very top?" She had to admit this was a pleasant chat. It wasn't often she took the time to shoot the breeze. Her gaze drifted to the sun for a moment, marking the time before turning back to the boy. She didn't want to miss her next shift on patrol.

"Speech"

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
02-24-2016, 12:17 AM

Rivaxorus watched her carefully, he had seen many reactions towards that name. To his mothers, which was normally why he didn't give out his last name too freely. In this situation he figured it didn't benefit nor harm him and so far his instincts had been correct. He was thankful for that, and even more grateful that she had taken the time to chat with him. To live and to learn was his goal, even if it was someone from another pack. He would not voice his opinion on his mother, one could only as so much as love their parent.

"I'm hoping one day I can, but with youth comes ignorance and inexperience." He smiled, he needed to know what he was jumping into before he even thought about it. That was his strong point, besides his actions would speak louder than his words of course. "I've got some nice teachers though." He would leave it up to her if she wanted to question about that.

"Talk" "You" Think

Birna I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
02-28-2016, 04:36 PM

"I'm hoping one day I can, but with youth comes ignorance and inexperience."

Birna nodded, there was always so much to learn and never enough to time to learn it.  If she was completely honest with herself there was always a gap in knowledge that would never be filled.  Learning was like chasing the horizon, it would only ever stretch out endlessly no matter how far or how long one ran after it.   "That is good to hear Rivaxorus.  Good teachers are an invaluable resource and often a limited one."    She wondered if the boy was learning from family or other wolves and if he'd follow in his mothers footsteps with her idea of packs or start his own.  Curious as she was though she decided not to press the topic.  Her thoughts drifted to Arian's death at the jaws of Sin and later Sin's death at the jaws of Arian's mate, Cypress.  She gazed at the boy for a moment.  "Is your father healing well from his injuries?  I heard about his battle with Sin."

"Speech"

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
02-28-2016, 10:13 PM

This was a rather relaxed conversation. Riv was rather extatic that he had run into her. It filled his faith in wolves. After all, they might have been a bit different but it didn't mean they couldn't get along for a few moments. Even then though he would fall no blame if they ended up in a fight one day. A wolf's pack was what came first. However when she mentioned his father, his blood ran cold for a moment. Wounds, sin? He was unaware of this. He probably should have gone to see his father sooner but he had not known that his father actually went after sin. According to Rivaxorus' face, it seemed clear that he was confused. "I haven't seen my father since I left borealis - I was unaware that he had challenged Sin. So I haven't seen him since." maybe Holly would know something about this.

Rivaxorus took it upon himself to raise to his paws - seemed he needed to pay a visit. "It was a pleasure talking with you Birna, I have to go talk with my sister before I head home about our dad. I hope the next time we see each other it's also peaceful." The male gave a respectful dip of his head. Turning his body around so that he could head into the direction of Borealis. He contained his heart beat to remain calm - he needed to know what happened to Cypress and Holly.

-Exit Riv unless stopped-

"Talk" "You" Think

Birna I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
02-29-2016, 06:24 PM

Birna realized almost immediately that something was amiss in the boy's body language at the mention of his father. Surely he'd known? While Birna herself had not attended her packmates had and it was a fine thread of gossip in Imperium in the weeks that followed. Surely the boy had had family at the match to explain what had happened even if Rivaxorus himself had not been there? Then again, if anyone were to know of the complications that came with families spread out over many distances it was her. She should have been more sensitive. Yet, surely the boy would be proud of his father for avenging his mothers death?

"I apologize for dropping this news on you Riaxorus, I did not realize you were unaware." The boy stated he needed to go and she nodded, returning his dip of the head with one of her own. "I understand and I wish you luck."

-exit-

"Speech"