gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
keanai

Famous
02-01-2016, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2016, 09:23 PM by Lillianna.)
The screams. They haunted her sleep, and who they came from would shift forms regularly. One night, she would be transported back to that night with Finch, Starling trying desperately to save her. Except, in this dream, they failed. Another night, and Lillie would watch helplessly as screams issued from Starling's throat, helpless to do anything. Another night, Shaye. This night, it was the original dream - Finch again.

The woman would awaken suddenly, eyes flying wide open. It was not that late into the night; she could barely sleep anymore. It was so hard to do... anything. Her entire body trembled, and she would seek out the comforting form of her Farrym. He nose would nuzzle his soft, tiny form, and he'd let out a purr. She didn't notice the concern in his eyes, or the way his purr trembled. She'd whisper lightly, "I have to go, I can't stay in here, I'll be back." Farrym would nod silently, his purr fading away as Lillie squirmed out of her den.

She needed to talk to someone. Who to talk to? Not Starling, no. And Shaye... Shaye was gone. Lark? A possibility. It was late, but... maybe, maybe they could do something like give the basket to Finch. Finch slept during the day, too, it wouldn't be too surprising for her to be awake now, or be woken if in a light sleep. And she knew where Lark's den was; she knew where all the dens of Abaven members were.

She would break out into a run, oblivious to the mud splashing up her legs. She instead focused wholly on the feel of her paws hitting the ground - it drowned out the fear, the pain, the screams still echoing in her mind, leftover in the dream.

It wouldn't take long to reach her destination, not at the pace she ran. She panted, pausing for a moment. She wasn't winded, but... she still had to gather her mind, her thoughts. "L-Lark?" she called out softly, hesitantly, almost fearfully. She needed to talk to someone.

"Speech" "Language" "Farrym"
Note: Lillie has scars over her right eye and down her cheek. She also has scars under her chin and on her jaw. Her tables and art will most likely not reflect this. Unless it is specified otherwise, assume Lillianna is accompanied by her companion.

Lark

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
02-01-2016, 10:54 PM
Lark didn't really know what to think about anything. He'd been consumed by anger for some time now; a blind rage that he kept contained, masked by his typical grumpy and stubborn nature. At first, he'd been really damn confused about the time he'd spent with Lillie away from home, but not long after they returned they'd had something far more difficult to deal with: Finch.

She'd been poisoned. She was very sick, very fragile, and - someone had poisoned her! The very thought made him sick to his stomach, made his mind cloud with red-hot rage. He really didn't know what to do to help her, other than be there for her, which he was more than happy to do. On the days he felt aimless, he'd gone wandering the borders, as though waiting for the woman that had hurt Finch to reappear and try to hurt her again. And boy, was he ready to defend her.

Tonight's sleep was just as restless as most had been as of late. He had managed to barely drift off, lingering somewhere on the cusp of both the sleeping world and the waking one, when the frantic pawsteps approaching his den. He'd shift slightly onto his stomach, tired eyes blinking as he peered toward his den's entrance, wondering who it might be, and wondering if something might be wrong. He hadn't expected it to be Lillie though; they hadn't talked much since their trip. He still had Finch's basket sitting at the back of his den, as he'd been waiting for the right moment to give it to her. "Everything okay?" he'd ask warily, noting the air of worry in her voice.

Lillianna

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
keanai

Famous
02-01-2016, 11:02 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2016, 11:03 PM by Lillianna.)
It would seem minutes would pass, days, months, years, but it would be merely seconds before the cool, cautious, reasonable voice of Lark would awash over her ears. She would breathe out a sigh of relief, eyes closing. But only for a brief moment would they close; that was all that was needed to bring up the memories of blood and pain and fear and dread. She shook her head roughly, green eyes seeking out Lark's in the darkness.

Was everything alright, he asked. No, far from it, and Lillie wasn't so certain how to say something. She was second-guessing her decision, but who else would she go to? Not Starling, not Shaye. Not Finch. The only one left was Lark, and she knew she couldn't deal with it.

"I c-can't stop hearing h-her s-screams," she whispered brokenly. Oh no, she hadn't meant to say that; why did she say that? But it was as if she was no longer in control - she was numb, the emotions within her a raging storm that never ceased, yet never was clear enough to even hint at the emotions she might be feeling. It was overwhelming, terrifying, and Lillianna was just along for the ride. She just wanted to close her eyes and sleep, but that wasn't an option. The moment her eyes closed, she would be left with the images of the shattered Finch, of the desperate attempts to save the girl. Of the poison, the blood. The helplessness she felt then threatened to overwhelm her now, and she would slide to the ground, an almost despairing look in her eyes as she tried to pierce the darkness of the den in front of her.

Note: Lillie has scars over her right eye and down her cheek. She also has scars under her chin and on her jaw. Her tables and art will most likely not reflect this. Unless it is specified otherwise, assume Lillianna is accompanied by her companion.

Lark

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
02-02-2016, 07:47 PM
Lark didn't know how to deal with his feelings over this. His sweet, innocent sister had been hurt on purpose by a stranger - and he was certain if he found out who did it, if he had the chance, he'd tear their throat from their neck without a moment of hesitation. That's what he thought he'd do, at least. It seemed very possible in his head.

It was surprising to see Lillie here. He'd been confused about the short trip they'd shared together, but luckily he hadn't been allowed much time to think about it, with all this with Finch.  The voice that reached out to him from outside his den didn't sound like Lillie's normal tone - it was pained and almost panicked, and though quite groggy, he felt a bit worried for her. She couldn't stop hearing.. her screams? He felt his stomach turn at the thought. "Why would you say that to me?" he asked suddenly, his voice - once tired and calm - now slightly agitated as he grew more awake.

How was that something she could just.. say to him? Just like that? Of course he knew Finch was sick. But now here she was, implying that she was having nightmares of her screams - of her screams of fear and of pain. His face hardened as he stared out at her, her silhouette illuminated just slightly by the light of moon. "You just come here.. in the middle of the night.. and give me a picture of my sister screaming in pain?" He didn't know how to react other than to clench his jaw and wait for what she had to say.

Lillianna

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
keanai

Famous
02-02-2016, 08:01 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2016, 08:15 PM by Lillianna.)
Numbness. Why couldn't it come to her? It had come so many other times at her beckoning, but this time, it eluded her as though a fish would. It dodged her grasping jaws, and left her in just as much pain as before. Lark's voice would knock her out of it, for a time, but the harshness would make her cringe. It was dark, agitated... and she could make out the dark look in his eyes that was steadily growing colder as he grew more aware.

She flinched at his second set of words. "I can't sleep, Lark. I can't even close my eyes!" Her voice cracked on the last word, and she shuddered, eyes squeezing shut for a brief moment before flying back open to stare aimlessly at the moon. "All I see are them and I can't do anything to help..." she trailed off, her breath leaving her in a ragged sigh. She shook her head back and forth. "I don't know how to stop it; you're the only one left." The only one she hadn't seen die yet. The only one she talked to that didn't cause her agony to see. The sentences didn't make sense in conjunction with each other - but at that point she didn't notice her shift, the abrupt shift that wouldn't make sense to someone not in her mind.

Lark

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
02-03-2016, 08:06 PM
So much shit had happened since they'd found Finch. There'd almost been fighting when Sparrow had called them all together. Both Starling and Lillie (and Quake, too) had walked away. Starling had been so selfish that all he'd been thinking of, it seemed, was himself, and how he felt inadequate as a healer, and Lark didn't even know why Lillie had left at all. It all frustrated him - he couldn't help it if he tried. His solemn gaze pierced the darkness of night as he watched Lillie's silhouette shift.

"You can't sleep.." he started, his words chosen carefully.  "So you came here, waking me up from sleep, to remind me of how much pain my sister has been put through. As though I didn't know. And now I get to picture her screaming."  Lillie had always struck him as independent; but cruel? Selfish? He didn't really, truly think those things of her, but she seemed it suddenly, and he found a scowl forming on his lips. It was rare for him to really feel hurt, but he suddenly did. It was a raw and aching feeling, placed in the center of his chest, and he wanted to get rid of it.

"I'm the only one left where?" he'd ask sharply, slowly rising to all fours, though his body sagged slightly where he stood. Lillie hadn't come to see how he was.. she hadn't even asked, she'd just started talking and he found his stomach turning painfully as he waited for her answer.

Lillianna

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
keanai

Famous
02-04-2016, 05:20 AM
Had she known his concern with her leaving - she would have explained. Explained she hadn't left at al, really, but stayed in the area, watching silently. Explain that it was her presence that was causing such an issue, so she removed herself. She wouldn't have explained that it felt she didn't matter, but that was also a large part of it. Sparrow called for family only; had Lillie not been with Finch, then she would never have known it was happening, because only family mattered. She was not family. She removed herself.

When Lark's words reached her ears, cold, precise, she flinched. Her ears flattened to her head, and she looked away. Why? Why did she come? Why did she think it would make any sort of difference? It was a distraction, sure, but not the type she exactly wanted. But what did she want anyways? "I'm sorry," she whispered, voice ragged. "I-I shouldn't have." She wanted to get up, leave, but she remained crouched where she was, head bowed. She didn't want to move, she had to move. She needed to leave, but she desperately did not want to.

She had to though. She forced herself to her paws, all the while trembling violently. Lark's next question made her snap her head back up, green eyes glittering. "You're the only one I haven't seen die yet, Lark." There, would that suffice? He was probably next, anyways. And what then? She didn't even want to think of it.

Lark

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
02-07-2016, 12:40 AM
Though he might not have been terribly receptive to her coming here to ask him if he was okay, or even to seek comfort - it would've gone over far better than this.  This.. just seemed cruel. And that was something Lark wasn't used to feeling. "You're right," he said simply, his voice cold but audibly confused at the same time. "You shouldn't have. Not like this."

And yet.. she didn't move. Not even an inch. Her posture was almost submissive, which he wasn't at all used to, though his own was neutral as he stood near the middle of the den. After a long moment though she stood, though he couldn't quite tell if she was readying herself to leave or not. Her words made little sense to him, and his scowl tightened slightly. "What the hell do you mean?" Lark snapped quickly. No one had died, not that he knew of. Lillianna still had.. well, everyone in Abaven, and as far as he knew, Finch would make a full recovery.  "No one's dead." And if she was implying Finch was traveling down that path.. he felt his body tighten as he waited for her answer.

Lillianna

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
keanai

Famous
02-07-2016, 07:53 PM
The confusion was clear in his voice, but also the coldness - she had a feeling she just unravelled all possible progress in their relationshpip, and it made her bow her head. Regret, clear and strong, flowed through her - what was she thinking? "I'm sorry," she whispered again, even as his voice sharpened and he snapped at her for her last statement. That would be added on to as she remained quiet, and it was only then she spoke, voice barely audible. "I k-know. But that's all I see at night now. All I see are the ones I care about dying, over and over, and I can't do anything. And no one else is there, and all I'm able to do is try to help them but I always fail. You're the only one I haven't seen yet."

Lark

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
02-07-2016, 09:27 PM
Maybe, just maybe, he would've tried to comfort her if she'd approached him in a different manner. Even better - maybe she could've asked how he was doing. Lark was Finch's sister, after all. But no.. Lark was strong, they all said, Lark was perfect. He knew he was anything but perfect, but still.. Lillie had only shown up to talk about how she felt. She didn't give a damn about what Lark was going through, or that was how it felt to him.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said again, firmly still, his voice taking on a harder edge.   "No one is dead, and no one's dying." He wasn't used to this.. metaphorical stuff. Or whatever it was. Maybe she was having dreams? Or visions? Maybe she needed to see Starling or Sparrow or Harmony, because it didn't sound normal.   "Stop talking like that." Despite his frustration, he wouldn't ask her to leave.. he didn't want her to leave, though her words had upset him, he simply didn't know how else to proceed. This wasn't at all like the night they'd spent out west, on their trip together, nothing at all like that.

Lillianna

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
keanai

Famous
02-07-2016, 09:45 PM
Frustration. It flickered in her eyes, and yet, it benefited her. It cleared her mind, and instead of being hurt she was... annoyed. That was a much better alternative. It was making her think more clearly, less on what she saw and more on making the frustrating man understand. "I was... there from the beginning. Starling found Finch first. I showed up after that. Things weren't... great at the time. Starling saved her life," she explained, voice low, with a dark edge to it. "When I close my eyes, when I'm alone, or I sleep. I see that. Over and over again. But Starling isn't there. And sometimes, it's not Finch who's hurt. It's Shaye. Or Starling. The people I care about. But instead of someone being there to save them, there's only me, and I can't save them. You're the only one I haven't seen yet. You're the only one I care about that I can look at without seeing images of you dying." Green eyes, swirling with emotion, tried to meet Lark's. There would be a brief pause of silence. "You asked," she would tell him. He had gotten angry at her earlier for giving those images to her, but this time, he asked.

Lark

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
02-07-2016, 10:40 PM
Lark couldn't help but wonder if he'd been ignorant to think that he and Lillie were sort of.. friends. They'd spent a whole day and night together - she'd even cuddled up with him, something that still struck him as rather bizarre, and they certainly hadn't talked about it in the morning. But now.. this.

He'd told her to stop talking like that, but he'd also expressed that he had no idea what she was saying, and he didn't. It made him feel angry though - angry that he hadn't protected Finch, that Starling had to save her when he shouldn't have let her get away in the first place. It seemed Lillie played these moments out in her mind. Was she afraid of losing the few she cared for? Of him? He hadn't really realized she cared that much. He was a packmate, and Finch's brother. That was why he thought she cared.

"I'm not going to die though," he said, his brows still furrowed in frustration, though the tone of his voice had softened slightly.  "I can protect myself." Not.. like Finch, though he'd promised her that he would help her learn how to.  "Why do you care so much anyway?" he'd snap back at her, sharply. Lark wasn't used to this.. feelings thing and he couldn't possibly imagine why Lillie would sit alone and worry about these things.

Lillianna

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
keanai

Famous
02-07-2016, 10:58 PM
The silence would grow, until Lark would finally break it. She dropped her eyes from his, studying the ground with a sudden great interest as he told her in a soft tone that he wasn't going to die. Well, yes, that made sense. It did. But what of Shaye, Starling... Finch? Finch had almost died. He would affirm his point with a simple statement that he could protect himself, and he nodded absentmindedly. She knew. And yet... how does one protect from poison? If ingested, what hope do you have? Other than another person? True, he could defend himself physically, but not from poison. If an enemy somehow poisoned him he'd die as quickly and easily as the others.

His next question through her off guard, and she snapped her head up, startled. Why... did she care? She blinked, a confusion in her eyes. Why did she care? There didn't seem to be any reason for it. It was obvious that he wasn't referring to why she cared about Starling, Finch and Shaye, but rather about him. And truth was, she didn't know. She shook her head slowly from side to side. "I... don't know. I just do," she admitted, the honestly clear in her voice.

Lark

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
02-10-2016, 08:53 PM
His emotions were a sudden, frantic whirl - from angry to sad to cold in a matter of seconds, or so it felt. Lark wasn't used to feeling so.. turbulent. He was usually quite stoic, albeit a bit stubborn and feisty on occasion, but not like this. Never like this. His brows were so furrowed that it nearly hurt, his muscles tense as he watched her unblinkingly, waiting for her answer.

When she finally spoke, she seemed.. confused. A bit overwhelmed, even.   "Oh," he breathed quietly. She cared.. but she didn't know why, or she just didn't want to say.   "I just..." his voice faltered, his gaze falling to his paws, staring at them in the darkness.   "I don't want to talk about any of this. Or Finch." But.. he wasn't telling her to leave. He didn't know what he wanted, though. "Just come in. No need to stand outside."

Lillianna

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
keanai

Famous
02-11-2016, 12:58 PM
The look in his eyes, when she snapped her head up, was a look she was unable to identify. It was dark, tumultuous, and she completely and wholeheartedly understood. It seemed he was angry, but also saddened, also confused and just a sense of why was emanating from him until she gave her answer.

His soft oh would just about sum up her emotions as well. "Yeah," she replied, voice quiet; a whisper. They were at least on the same page there, if not anywhere else. Her gaze dropped from his, and once more would study the ground beneath her paws - the grass, the dirt, the sensation of dew touching her paw when she shifted. Her eyes would flicker up when he began to speak - and paused, stopping. Incomplete, the sentence would linger, but she truly did understand it. He would begin again, and this time complete the sentence, but his voice was not the harshness it was prior. It was softer, more mild. "Okay." Simple words, simple meanings. She could stop, she would stop. She didn't know what to do though, if she should leave or stay. That was solved, though, when Lark spoke again. Surprise - also a bit of gratitude flickered through her eyes. "Thank you." She'd not hesitate, slipping inside the den and curling up. "I'm sorry," she apologized again. "How... how are you?" In general, not regarding Finch, regarding everything and anything and her tone reflected that clearly.

Lark

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
02-15-2016, 08:00 PM
A sigh left his lips - it was heavy and full of emotion that hung painfully in his chest. This all really sucked. He worried about Finch, constantly, even though she was getting better. And something about being woken up from sleep, to unpleasant things like thinking about how much pain Finch had been in, and how close to death she had been.. was deeply unsettling, even if he did not fear for her life constantly now. It felt like he'd been kicked straight in the gut and the slight frown that touched his lips looked like it might not fade for some time.

But.. Lillianna would not leave. He'd invited her in, and finally she thanked him and slipped into his den. The aura was not at all like the comfortable one they'd experienced on their trip out west. Instead, it was awkward and uncomfortable, and he averted his gaze away from her as she spoke. "I'm fine, I guess," he replied plainly, offering a slow shrug to accompany his words. "Hoping this flooding goes away soon. What about you?"

Lillianna

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
keanai

Famous
02-16-2016, 11:32 AM
It was awkward, but at the same time, there was still a measure of comfort involved. Mostly the comfort of another creature, one her size, that she had not seen dying. It was a nice... change. And oh how she hoped that he would not be next; that she would not see his face, thus eliminating all that she can see without remembering what was in the dream. Those haunting images...

Her eyes squeezed shut - no, no she couldn't think of that. No. Then, Lark's voice cut through, and a mental sigh of relief escaped. A soft smile, at his neutral words and shrug. The smile would grow a little more at the flooding; oh how it absolutely sucked. And then the return question. "As good as can be," she murmured. Her voice, normally so harsh, stern, loud, was a quiet whisper. "This flooding is awful," she agreed with him, shaking her head. "Tired, too." That as a bit obvious; after all, the cursed dreams were preventing her sleep.

Lark

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
02-21-2016, 10:58 AM
Lillie drove him crazy. Absolutely crazy. Here she was, waking him up in the dead of night, feeding him images of his sister dying, of everyone she loved suffering (which included quite a few people he loved, too). It was just.. great. A heavy sigh left his lips as she slid into the den and settled down near him. His gaze averted away from her as his thoughts shifted, trying to forget what she had come here for.

"Yeah," he agreed quietly, letting his eyelids flutter shut for a moment as he let silence wash over them.  "You can sleep here, I guess," Lark offered plainly. He wasn't going to send her outside; he was rude at times, but not that rude. And he did care about Lillie, but in what way, he had no idea.

Lillianna

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
keanai

Famous
02-23-2016, 10:44 PM
Her eyes were also averted, studying the floor of thee den. What to say, she wasn't sure. What to do, she wasn't sure. Just lay there, perhaps. It seemed to be working well enough. The silence was't too awkward; it was heavy, but not unbearable. That in itself was relieving. Her head would slowly begin to rest on her paws, and unlike before she did no roll towards him; she stayed in her spot, silent, quiet. Until he spoke, that is, and her ears would flicker back towards him. "Thank you," she murmured after a pause, the pause due t no being able to figure out if she ought to just nod r say something as well. She said nothing else then, instead letting the silence just fade over them.

-exit via sleep/ relaxation? -