Small
build
Light
player
Iko
02-01-2016, 11:17 PM
PRE-MEETING
PRE-FINCH RETURN

Sparrow needed some air. She felt like she was suffocating. The pack hadn't been needing her at all so she had left for a bit. There were so many healers and she... was just one of them. She wanted to do more. She wanted to be special. She wanted her father to be proud of her. How could she contribute to her family? Everyone in her family could heal, so what she did wasn't special. How, she thought to herself? As usual, when something bothered her, the girl went out to search for herbs. Her store was quite full, never really being used. Everything she had, Starling seemed to have gotten ages ago. Sparrow just wasn't sure she could be useful in Abaven, but that's where her family was. She didn't even feel like she could talk freely to her sibling. She didn't feel like she had any friends in the pack, or out of it really. Even though she was often happy and loved her family, they all seemed a but reclusive and... well... it got lonely. So Sparrow left... for now anyway.

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

Intermediate Intellectual (35)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualValentines 2020VolcanoCritical Hit!
Trick 2019
02-01-2016, 11:22 PM
The lands were close to home. The spooky forest great for play time and general sneaking about. He often came here as a pup when he was learning to be not in the pack one hundred percent of the time. He didn't always run into others, but the woods were marked with the scents of loners and pack wolves alike. Ashmedai paid special attention to them to make sure he didn't smell them too close to his borders. What he didn't expect, however, was a familiar Abaven scent. Ashmedai followed it until he saw the familiar small form. Tearing at the ground, Ashmedai attempted to close the gap, "Sparrow!" he called, skidding to a halt, "What are you doing oout here all by your lonesome?" he inquired with a tilt of his head.
Ash wears a tourist shirt and a spiked leather harness from time to time. Sometimes together, sometimes not. Just so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
02-01-2016, 11:28 PM
A sudden movement caught Sparrow's attention and she spun around with a gasp, her legs splaying and her hackles going rigid. Her name was called out. This one knew her? Her minty eyes focused on a stormy grey form, "Ashme- Ash?" the brute stopped a mere foot from her, asking what she was doing, "Hunting for herbs!" she called all too suddenly, causing her cheeks to flush beneath her fur. Her eyes widened and her ears shot up as she caught her mistake. She looked at Ashmedai. Well, if he didn't catch her lie before, he would have definitely known now. Sparrow sighed, "Ash, I think I might understand you a little better now," she commented, her eyes falling to the ground as a frown marred her face, "Do you- have you ever- like with Rhythm's pups- do you feel... I dunno... Out of place? Like you just- ahh I don't know-" Sparrow's eyes closed, "Everyone's a healer! I'm supposed to be a healer, but everyone else is better at it than me!"

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualValentines 2020VolcanoCritical Hit!
Trick 2019
02-02-2016, 12:01 AM
Ashemdai watched as Sparrow gave an answer then realized she gave an answer too quickly then just gave in and tried to explain herself. Ashmedai listened, confused for a moment. Oh- yeah, he understood what she was talking about. The boy edged coser, "Sparrow, look, yeah, I understand. Everyone in Imp is a fighter, right? So like, what am I to them?" he laughed lightly, "You feel like everyone is better than you, even if you try. Everyone is better than me too, when I think about it. They know what to say and how to say it and when to say it. I'm just over here laughing my ass off at all the wrong times." Ashmedai sat by Sparrow, "So why don't you go ahead and tell me about it, then? You can tell me about whoever 'cause I won't know who you're even talking about." Ashmedai gave a lopsided smile, ready to listen.
Ash wears a tourist shirt and a spiked leather harness from time to time. Sometimes together, sometimes not. Just so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
02-18-2016, 10:32 PM
As expected, Ashmedai knew what Sparrow meant. As he described the exact feeling she had been having, Sparrow suddenly felt bad for not understanding him better earlier. He offered to hear her out, saying that he wouldn't know any difference because he didn't know the pack mated. Sparrow nodded, but stayed silent for a moment, getting her thoughts together. Finally, she was ready, "Okay, so I guess I'll start with my siblings..."

Sparrow detailed her siblings and what they did. Lark the heir and fighter, Shrike the silly and upbeat one, Finch the fragile precious one, and Starling the healer. Sparrow went on to describe her relationship with each, mentioning how she felt a distance between herself and Lark, how Shrike was always scattered about, how she always felt like she was bothering Finch, and how Starling seemed to see her as someone to mentor rather than his sister.

"But there are others in the pack too..." Sparrow continued, mentioning how Harmony was a healer and how Lillianna was always running around fighting then befriending her siblings. She told of the newer members and the trainings and how she wasn't able to do anything without someone already being better than her.

"Everyone seems to be doing things, but at the end of the day, I'm just Sparrow."

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
02-18-2016, 10:38 PM
Ashmedai rocked back on his haunches and listened to Sparrow talk openly and honestly. He listened to each of her sibling's details. He listened about her other pack members. He even added a snort when she mentioned Lillianna- the girl Vana had fought, then fought with in the war. Finally, Sparrow concluded by saying she was "just Sparrow". Ashmedai blinked, "Just Sparrow sounds pretty lame. I like 'Super Sparrow' better." He breathed out, rocking forward to stand, "I kind of lied to you- sorry. That Lillianna girl? My sister fought her once. Then they fought together in the war. I think that's why she has all those face scars. That's what Vana said anyway, but I don't know if she really did all of those scars or not." Ashmedai offered a smile as he turned to face Sparrow, "But- uh- you mentioned how everyone is a healer, but only one of you guys is a fighter, right? Why don't you try that? Be a fighter medic!"

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
02-18-2016, 10:42 PM
Sparrow snorted at the comment about 'Super Sparrow'. When Ashmedai said he had lied to her, Sparrow's hear jumped, but then he explained that he vaguely knew of Lillianna. Sparrow remembered the ordeal a bit. Vail had been there too... Those scars were from Ashmedai's sister? Sparrow couldn't believe it, but she had obviously never met Evangeline or even knew who the girl was. Obviously.

Ashemdai went on to suggest she should be a fighter-medic. Sparrow's brows furrowed, "Fighter-medic? Ash, I don't even know how to fight. I don't even want to fight. I just want to be able to heal my family and help those in need." Sparrow shook her head was that even a real thing?

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
02-18-2016, 10:46 PM
Sparrow didn't know how to fight? Ashmedai's maw fell slightly ajar. She didn't want to fight? Ashmedai's maw was now gaping. What was wrong with this girl? She just wanted to help? She just wanted to heal? Healing was for after you got hurt, "Why heal them after their hurt if you can fight and protect them from getting hurt in the first place? If you can fight and heal, you can go on the battlefield and heal without worrying about being attacked cause y'know, you can fight." Ashmedai's lopsided smile lingered, "Super Sparrow the fighter-medic!" he cheered, "I'm just saying, you said your Aunt Harmony didn't fight a ton and neither did Starling, so their just waiting for people to come to them with injuries? What if they can't, Sparrow? What if they fall in battle? How's your brother gonna heal them then? If you can fight, you can go to them. You can fight for them. You can still heal them, but you can also fight for them. But, Sparrow, listen, you can learn to fight, you can go on the field, but you don't have to fight. Super Sparrow sweeps in, defends her family, and whisks them away and heals them!"

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
02-18-2016, 10:53 PM
Sparrow listened to Ashemdai. He was really into fighting, wasn't he? Sparrow didn't get it. She didn't want to get it. He- ugh she didn't want to admit it- made some good points. Starling hadn't been able to fight. Sparrow hadn't been able to fight either. If she had been able to, though... She could heal others faster... If someone threatened her family... she could fight them... She could keep them safe and heal them... Sparrow really didn't want to learn how to fight though, "I could give it a try..." she mumbled, looking away, I really wanted to be a diplomat. I wanted to talk to different packs, see different cultures, work out negotiations... My dad said Abaven didn't need that, though..." Sparrow suddenly felt so sad. She knew the things she wanted to do, but those things weren't needed in the pack at the moment... Would fighter-healers be needed?

"I guess I can give it a shot. I'll have to ask my dad about it, but... I think he'll be happy."

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
02-18-2016, 10:56 PM
Did he... really convince her? Ashmedai looked at Sparrow with disbelief. She mentioned wanting to be a diplomat and Ash held back a laugh, remembering their first meeting. He could see it in her, though. she always seemed to want to do the right thing and bring justice to the lands. Ashemdai could also sympathize with her dad not agreeing. Ashmedai always wanted to be a fighter, but he didn't feel like his dad was always proud of him either.

Sparrow said she could give it a try and Ashmedai perked up, "That's the spirit, Sparrow!" Ashmedai's tail wagged behind him, "Who knows, maybe if you like it, you can become a mighty warrior like me!" Ashmedai winked at Sparrow, his tongue lolling out of his maw.

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
02-18-2016, 11:00 PM
Yup, as soon as she agreed Ashmedai got all exuberantly happy again. It brought a small smile to Sparrow's face. He suggested that if she liked it, she could always become a warrior. The idea felt bitter, but Ashemdai shot her a wink that took Sparrow off guard. He was obviously being silly and Sparrow found herself giggling in response, "Fine fine, mighty warrior, like you, right?" Sparrow repeated. She felt a bit better, but she didn't just want to go back to her pack. She knew she needed to get back sometime, but not right at the moment. Sparrow stood and stretched, shaking off her pelt, "What do mighty warriors do then?" A hint of a smile graced Sparrow's face. Was Ashmedai ready to play the part? Sparrow was sure he was.

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
02-18-2016, 11:06 PM
Sparrow seemed to be in a better mood. Good. She stretched and Ashmedai yawned. Sparrow asked what mighty warriors did. For a second, Ash thought, then he puffed out his chest and declared in his best, booming voice, "Why I'm glad you asked. Mighty warriors eat mighty meals!" Deflating his chest, Ashmedai motioned behind him, "I'm pretty hungry. Lets get you all fed before I send you off on you way. What do you say? It's a date!" before getting an answer, Ashemdai began sniffing the air, pointedly pretending not to pay attention to Sparrow as he looked for food. He made sure not to hide his smile. Finding a scent, Ashemdai gestured, "Shhh- shh, this way."

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
02-18-2016, 11:10 PM
Ah, so mighty warriors ate mighty meals? Sparrow's eyebrow raised at Ashmedai's puffed up form. Finally, he mentioned that he was hungry, saying he should feed her before he 'sent her on her way'. Sparrow huffed. As if. He glanced at her, asking if she wanted to go with him. She didn't feel like she could pass up a mea- did he say it was a date?! Sparrow sucked in a sharp breath then let it go with a soft "oooh" that meant Ashemdai was close to a verbal lashing. Before she could say anything, Ashmedai shushed her and pointedly began rummaging in one direction. Food? With a soft huff, Sparrow rolled her eyes, "A' hunting we shall go..." she murmured, setting into a stalking position to follow Ashmedai.

-Exit Both-