ardent

Epitaph

Arvandor

gems
size
build
player
02-27-2016, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2016, 07:41 PM by Ren.)

Once again, he was back. Not too long ago he had followed her trail leading away from her pack and towards the dangerous peaks of the lava mountain. It was there he'd lost her scent...and fearing the worst, he left the mountainside and returned to the valleys and headed towards Borealis. He needed to know if her children were still there, if someone had taken advantage and harmed the children. Or perhaps he was getting ahead of himself...with the history of his old pack and Marina's old pack, he was sure anything could happen. Then again, did her offspring even know about that side of her? Only one way to find out.

Approaching the borders, Arvandor wasted no time in calling for whoever was in charge. The scents around him seemed rather faded...less then a handful seemed to linger about, and this concerned him greatly. Had the pack fallen since her disappearance? Or was it that close to extinction?

"What I Say" "What I Heard" What I Think

Ren

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
keanai
02-27-2016, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2016, 05:50 PM by Ren.)
A... call? This would be one of the first calls he had heard with him as alpha, and he would waste no time in loping towards it. He was confronted with... a rainbow wolf. Surprise flickered in his eyes; there was another one, like his mother? Except, this one's base was white, as opposed to his mother's whose base was black. Curiousity in his eyes, he approached the rainbow male. "Who are you, and what is your business here?" he questioned brusquely, tone demanding an answer sooner and later, though it was also rather mild, non-hostile. He did not seek to chase the stranger away, but he did not wish to appear weak either.

Arvandor

gems
size
build
player
02-27-2016, 06:39 PM

He would be met promptly by what seemed to be a yearling, odd. However, it wasn't so much the age as it was the coloring that caught his attention. Steel blue gaze stayed on the young male as he spoke, asking who he was and what his business was. If he didn't know better, this kid was acting like an alpha...could it be? Perhaps this young male had inherited the pack that marina had...her son maybe? He dipped his head to the young man, a seriousness in his gaze as he answered. "My name is Arvandor, a friend of your mother's. I've come to see why her scent trailed so far...I followed it from around here until I reached the top of the fire mountain. Then it was gone...what happened?"

Ren

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
keanai
02-27-2016, 09:09 PM
The male answered promptly, something the alpha quite appreciated as he eyes the rainbow colored wolf. A friend of Mama's, eh? Strange, he had never been mentioned. But then again, his mother had her own life too. Well, before what happened. and it sounds like he did indeed know Marina. Expression darkening, he answered Arvandor. "My mother has gone insane. She does not recognize this pack as her own, nor does she recognize her own children. I have taken control of the pack in her absence." Cyan eyes held a steely glint to them as he suppressed the pain and hurt he felt at the circumstances; no need for a stranger to know it, friend of his mother's or not. It seemed that his mother was simply more and more driven away, with no aim... and no regaining of sense, either. That in itself rather hurt, too. "Does that answer your question, Arvandor?"

Arvandor

gems
size
build
player
02-27-2016, 10:08 PM

His expression grew serious when the young male spoke. His mouth forming a tight line as he listened to what was said. He knew marina had been unstable, she had admitted to her Demons and her faults when they'd met. Of course, when he first came across her she seemed...off. But that had been cleared up when she told him. "So...it happened...it was only a matter of time." His gaze found the blue male, lingering on his form as he thought. He nodded to the boy's question. It did answer his question. And he wondered if the femme's children knew of her past that had collided with his. There was history to an extent, but it was nothing good. Should he tell him? Or maybe perhaps another time...he wasn't sure. "You're mother told me she had children. Three girls and a boy. You must be Ren, right?" perhaps a change of subject.

Ren

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
keanai
02-29-2016, 04:09 PM
A flicker of surprise - how would this man know of his mother's condition? She hadn't even told Zephyra, or his other two sisters, and wouldn't have told him if he hadn't seen it firsthand. Interesting. He would have to inquire at some point in regards to that. Arvandor would change the subject then, but it was no less a sore point. He nodded curtly to the man. "Yes, I am Ren. My apologies for not introducing myself sooner." Truth was, it completely slipped his mind, with Arvandor knowing his mother. "One of my sisters currently resides in Fiori. Another one of my sisters has gone missing." Here he paused, for just a second. "Perhaps you've seen her? Her name is Kaitlyn, and she is a solid brown wolf of varying shades, with speckles across her muzzle."

Arvandor

gems
size
build
player
03-01-2016, 03:58 PM

So he was right to assume this was Ren. Marina had said she had one son, and this was him he was sure. and it was nice to finally put the faces and names together. When the boy apologized, Arvandor shook his head and offered a small smile. "No need to apologize." He sat down then, gazing down at the yearling as he went on to explain about his siblings. One was in another pack, one he hadn't heard of. The other was..missing? Frowning again, he sighed and shook his head. "I am sorry, neither the name nor the description are familiar to me...however, if I see or hear about her, I'll be sure to let you know."

Ren

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
keanai
03-07-2016, 08:10 PM
Ren nodded curtly to the man. He was extraordinarily kind, listening and almost offering comfort. It was the lack of judgement in his gaze, the relaxation in his posture, that gave Ren that comfort. And yet, moments after Ren spoke, hopeful the other man had seen Kaitlyn... those hopes were shattered, broken, and Ren wilted on the inside. It was the frown, before he even said anything, and it was even further cemented down with words. He sighed softly, his head hanging for a brief moment. Of course, no luck. "Thank you, Arvandor." It was the best he could hope for in the circumstance; he definitely needed to go to the other packs and send out word. Perhaps after Arvandor goes...