size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
02-29-2016, 12:34 AM

Rivaxorus carefully walked along the small rivers edges. The streams could hardly be considered to be rivers but regardless he was here to cool off. Not in the fact that the weather was hot, but in the fact his emotions had been a wreck since a few days ago. His tail twitched as he tracked his own reflection. It vanished a few times, and then he had to think to himself - why was he tracking his reflection again. In such a childish manner perhaps it was a coping mechanism. He raised his tired eyes and groaned softly. Sitting down he took in a deep breath.

He would be getting a bit wet but he didn't mind that. Gods almighty he wished that he could control his wavering self. Rivaxorus knew however that it would pass. He smiled for a moment, it was nice knowing he wouldn't feel like this forever. He took a moment to make his senses alert again. He could have other wolves nearby, and in his state of mind. He didn't exactly feel like interacting.

"Talk" "You" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantFamousChristmas 2019Treat 2019Promptober 2019
02-29-2016, 12:45 AM

It had been some time since she had been beyond imperium borders. Not because she couldn't, more like she didn't feel like going anywhere else and finding trouble because of her heat. But even if someone had tried, she was more then capable of fighting them off. Her journey today would take her to the large river in the south, preferring to stick closer to water thanks to the summer heat the engulfed the lands. Amber gaze looked absently upon the ground as she walked, her head lifting then when she caught a familiar scent. Funny, she hadn't expected to run into any of them here...

Picking up the pace, Avalon wound her way around the river, even going as far as to cross a narrow strip of it until she was on the other side. Stopping to shake out her now wet fur, she looked around until she spotted him at the river's edge. "Rivaxorous?" She called out to the now grown boy as she approached him, stopping a couple feet away as her tail wagged. How long had it been since she had seen him? "Rivaxorous, it's nice to see you! How have you been? How are your brothers and sisters?" She had so many questions.

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
02-29-2016, 12:54 AM

His fur bristled when he was approached suddenly, then calmed down as the larger boy came to face to face with her. Avalon - he hadn't seen her for some time. Since he was... well smaller than her. She was already a large wolf but it seemed even now height was still at his advantage. Avalon seemed well, for that he was thankful enough. He didn't want to see someone else who he considered close to be in a mess he felt the be a part of. He laughed a little nervously. "I wish I could say we were well, but we've hit a rough patch." Rivaxorus said as he looked at his aunt.

"I'm beta of Fiori now... that's something I wanted to be excited about....But." he paused. "Apparently my father killed sin and left. Just walked off the battlefield and he's nowhere to be found. I wasn't there at the challenge and I hate myself for it. I'm certain my sister Holly is going through a rough time in her pack and I screwed it up." he growled a little bit. Looking at her, he sighed. "I apologize, this should have been a much happier reunion."

"Talk" "You" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

03-04-2016, 05:13 PM

The woman's excitement at seeing the boy faded as she picked up on his mood and tone. "Oh?" What kind of rough patch? Had so much changed while she was gone? Was everything just falling apart? Avalon sat down, tail curling around her paws as she listened to Riv. He was beta of Fiori now? Well that was something to be excited about, wasn't it? While she wanted to he excited, she held it down as his mood continued.

What he said next seemed to be a burst of information. She remained quiet, thinking to herself as he told her what had been going on. So...Cypress had managed to kill Sin? What did he think that would accomplish? Obviously there was no...reasoning, even if it had been for Arian, Cypress wouldn't have just abandoned his family and left. And then Holly? Wait...riv and Holly weren't in the same pack? Man...she was missing alot. Sighing, she glanced at the water and kept her gaze there.

"It seems I've missed alot...I didn't know you and Holly were in different packs. Or that your father killed Sin, or anything. Why aren't you with your sister? What about your other siblings?" She wasn't sure what was going on, she hadn't been there. She didn't know that Borealis was border lining not being a pack or even that Holly was the only one of the family to stay. She sought answers, and she wondered if riv knew what to do or his thoughts on it. Either way, she would try to advise him if he sought it.

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
03-06-2016, 05:34 PM

That was right, Avalon had been challenged for right before his father gave up the pack. Their home. Riv frowned for a moment, he settled himself. Giving out a shivering breath he fought to take hold of his emotions. There was no use in fighting over himself in front of her was there? A chance to explode had been enough as it was, and if he didn't explain it to Avalon she wouldn't understand. Finally he sat down and curled his tail around his haunches. "Sonticus fell apart after you left - my dad gave the pack away. Though the alphess was kind.... me, Razor and epinone decided to leave to Fiori where uncle Leo was. Holly and dad stayed in the other pack known as borealis. Jackson came back.... but epinone is missing. So that's just a brim of what happened after the challenge with Valentine. Borealis alphess went missing after a mental breakdown too so now it's hardly a home." he explained to the woman. A lot had happened in retrospect that was for sure. He didn't bother to mention how Leo got challenged and won - after all it was probably not any info she really needed to know.

"I've decided... that I'm going to make my own pack. That's why I'm beta of Fiori since Leo said he'd tutor me as an alpha. So maybe there's that to limelight things." he smirked a little bit. Trying to stay positive, it had worked thus far at least. Talking and figuring out how he felt about things. He remembered what Zephyra had said suddenly about his father. If he left, then he was never really a part of their family in the first place. Rivaxorus looked at the ground, what did he need to do to protect the things he held dear to him.

"Talk" "You" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

03-08-2016, 10:08 PM

The information he provided to her about what had happened since she'd been gone had been quite alot. So much happened in such a short amount of time, she almost didn't feel bad about not staying. However, she did wonder what would have been different if she had stayed...she doubted the pack would have been given to her. Not that she wanted it, but she figured that if it had happened, she would have been able to try and make it a better place for her God children. There was nothing she could do about it now though. "I'm sorry." It was all she could think of to say. She wasn't sorry for leaving, not that she had a choice in the matter at the time. But at the same time, imperium had been better with the amount of dedication the members had.

Curling her tail around her paws, she listened to the better news. She was glad that Riv was going after his dreams, and she wondered if he would try to take back his mother's old pack and finish what she started. "That's good news, at least. You would be a fine leader. Are you going to try and take back your old home and finish what your mother started?" If it were her, she might have. She had a legacy to uphold, and she wanted to continue what her own father had started in his time.

Art||Plotter

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
03-08-2016, 11:18 PM

The conversation had initially taken a better turn. He was glad for that at least, something had taken a lighter turn. Though when she spoke of his mother and about how he was going to follow her dream his head would shake from side to side. At this point he wanted to clear his name of his mother - he had loved her dearly but this was his time. He didn't want a bad reputation as she had at that. "There's nothing left to do on that chapter..... the new alpha of borealis... happens to be the brother of the woman I like." he bashfully looked off to the side when he was speaking about Zephyra.

"I'm creating it, on my own terms. I know my members well and already have a few who have followed me into Fiori who are gonna leave with me. Zephyra is going to be my sub alpha - Xephyris from Sonticus also followed me and then there's Jackson." Rivaxorus tail twitched a bit. "How's imperium? Everyone treating you well there. I recently ran into one of their members, Birna? We had a nice chat and she was very kind." He smiled at her.

"Talk" "You" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

03-09-2016, 12:23 AM

He shook his head, and she was sort of proud. While Arian's dream wouldn't go on, at least he would make his own path. She could be proud of that. He was learning how to be an adult and make his own decisions, but she knew the road would only get harder from here. When he mentioned the alpha of borealis and a girl that he liked, she wore a mischievous grin as she flicked him with her tail. "Oh Riv! You're growing up!" She laughed a bit, a smile replacing the mischievous one. "Be good to her. Don't break her heart...it's the worst feeling in the world." She knew he knew what she was talking about. He had been there the night she knew that Newol had left and walked out on her. She would be very upset with Rivaxorous if he did that to this girl.

He told her about the members that would follow him. Her gaze grew serious at the name Xephyris. Wasn't that the guy who had left sonticus for Hellstrom? Was he trustworthy? While she'd spoken to him a few times, she hadn't approved of him leaving to support a man with ill intentions. But she wouldn't voice any of her opinions out loud. She couldn't judge like that. "That's good to see you have support." She breathed in, wondering if she should sugar coat her response or tell him the truth. "Well, Imperium is a good place. The children are doing well, and I've made few friends if any, but we get along. Birna I have met, she is kinder then most there, but all in all I do like it there. Valentine isn't as bad as...your mother made him out to be. He's helped me alot."

Art||Plotter

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
03-09-2016, 12:56 AM

Rivaxorus was aware of the things that happened with sin, and if it were him he held no ill will towards the man honestly. He was dead anyway - but as he recalled it also left his children orphans but it was not his place to worry about them. As for Xephyris - he had proven his own worth. Rivaxorus wouldn't trust a stranger, and had spent enough time to judge them with these wolves. When Avalon spoke of Valentine and how his mother saw him he laughed. "I've never thought of Valentine as bad, I've always been in awe of him. If it's one thing I agree on your pack comes first. Your loyalties are in front of you and if you can't protect your own there's no point in trying to protect others. " he looked to the ground for a moment then looked back up.

"I know to treat her well.... She's recently lost her family. Her mother fell into a mental sickness much like mine did and disappeared. She doesn't have a father and well most of her siblings are sick or missing. Her only sibling as far as I know who is active is Ren the alpha of Borealis and he's trying to hold onto his pack by a thread. Zephyra at one point blamed herself... she's a strong, independent woman. All I can think about is being there for her.... because I failed to do that with my sister. " Rivaxorus explained with a pained expression. He looked up for a moment though. "I'd like to visit you more, but only on your free time of course. I wouldn't pull you away from imperium too long." his tail flicked.

"Talk" "You" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

03-09-2016, 01:19 AM

Well, he was smart. She gave him credit for that. Arian always seemed to just take things when they came, but not in a good way. She'd been noticing that about her, trying to do things or fix things that should have been left well enough alone. Which she figured was why Imperium didn't respect sonticus. Her friend tried too hard, she supposed. God's rest her soul. At the last part of her sentence, she shook her head in disagreement. "Not always true. I would die trying to protect my children, even if I know it's a losing battle. Sometimes trying to protect others gives you the strength to go beyond your limits. I would go beyond mine for my babies." Perhaps though, it was just a mother's love.

He talked more about this...Zephyra. Wasn't that the green girl? And Ren, she definitely remembered him. She had come across the boy in the battlefield when he was a pup, scared and lost. That is, until his mother came raging and snarling at her and Faite even though they were just trying to help him. There were two others, wasn't there? A brown one and a blue one? Odd family. She was proud of his attitude. Hoping he would keep to his word and not walk away when things got hard. However, the thought was short lived when he mentioned his sister. Was he talking about Holly? "How do you know you failed?" Something was going on that he wasn't telling her. It was obvious by the look on his face, and now her attention was on that, completely ignoring his latter request about seeing her more.

Art||Plotter

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
03-09-2016, 01:29 AM

Rivaxorus understood what Avalon meant, but it was what he meant. Her children were her own - that was her family. He would hand a paw to a stranger - but if he knew it'd endanger his family he would most likley refuse to do so. He smiled a bit, though her question about Holly. It sent his heart into a twist. "I hurt her really bad, I wasn't there when she needed me most. I was too oblivious to find out what happened to father. I went to see her and she rejected me - it appeared like I didn't really care when I did. Among our family we know most of all that words can only go so far. I can probably make up with her in the future, but for now it's a mistake I have to face on my own." his eyes lowered. It was painful to see his sister angry, but at the same time he was proud of her. She wasn't letting her emotions get in the way of doing what she felt was right.

"Sounds stupid but I was rather proud to see her argue with me..... I was so used to Razor and Epinone just following me around. Razor has drifted and epinone is missing. Holly is just.... Holly." he laughed a little bit. It was probably stupid, after all not much of anyone would feel this way. However he was learning little by little and he tried to face the world straight on after all.

"Talk" "You" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

03-09-2016, 01:58 AM

A mistake he'd have to face on his own huh? She sighed. Even though he was growing up, she felt that he was still so naive. Especially in the girl department. So he'd seen her recently, at least that's what it sounded like. And Holly had rejected him, which was unusual for her. Holly was always so sweet and...there for everyone else. While Avalon didn't know every little detail, she didn't approve of Riv's approach on the matter. "Riv...you may be proud of her for...well, I guess rejecting the idea of blindly following and thinking for herself, she needs you more then you think."

She turned her gaze over the water, rolling her shoulders to stretch her muscle a bit. "Even though she didn't say it, I'm sure she wants nothing more then the comfort only her brother can provide. She's alone now, isn't she? We both know your sister isn't who she is right now. I don't think she knows how to cope with this on her own...and honestly, I think the longer she's by herself, the longer she feels like she has nobody to lean on no matter how much she pushes and pushes...she may end up growing to resent you, thinking you abandoned her too." It was a mouthful to say, but she had to say it. She wasn't telling him to do anything, just gave her view on the matter. "But then...maybe she won't...it's just a gamble at this point." Perhaps she would go and see Holly soon...it sounded like she needed to see a familiar face.

Art||Plotter

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
03-09-2016, 02:16 PM

It was no offense to Avalon, but he was aware of all the things she spoke of. He knew she was probably older and smarter, but he knew already. She hadn't seen Holly - after all it was hard to think of anyone that way; but at one point or another they all had their breaking points. Rivaxorus wasn't about to pressure Holly to like him, and he had made it clear in the peak of her emotions that she could call him. It had been only a few days, giving her time to cool was the only way he could go about it without shattering their bond forever. It wasn't as if he could "show up to collect her" it wasn't the type of wolf he was. Even if he badly enough would want to challenge even Ren for his own sister with how he felt about his family - he would constrain himself for the better of the good.

"It's okay if she hates me.... as long as she's doing well enough." Rivaxorus shut his eyes. It wasn't as if he was disregarding what Avalon said it was simply that they had two different opinions on the matter. "I'll probably see her again soon. I've been thinking about talking with Ren the alpha of borealis. As discouraged as he is I'd like to see his home flourish. So perhaps a talk among us would help - even if not I think he's important to Zephyra." his ears twitched a bit as he settled on his stomach.

"Talk" "You" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

03-09-2016, 07:14 PM

She frowned at his words. At this moment, he sounded just like Arian. She didn't care if others hated her, but that didn't mean it was okay when you knew you could do something about it. Still, she didn't say anything else about it. She could only say so much, but in the end it was up to them to fix it, or not. It made her think about Newol for a moment. While she didn't hate him, she knew she would never forgive him for leaving. He had broken his promises, and she would not be so naive next time. She would be more careful in the future about who to let in. She would take more time to ensure the same thing wouldn't happen again.

She would twitch her ears as she thought. Listening to him speak about going to see Ren. She was curious as to what he thought that would accomplish, but perhaps it would be a good idea. She did think it noble to want to see another pack flourish, it was an unselfish act in her mind. "I hope it works out. Family is important, and whether you're all together in one place or scattered around the lands, you'll always be family. Remember that." She had her own family to think about too. Her children, and she even counted her God children as part of her family as well. She thought about telling riv about her own plans of bringing back Glaciem, and finish what her father started. But she decided against it for now. After all, she still had to talk to Valentine about that.

Art||Plotter

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
03-13-2016, 12:54 AM

If he had heard Avalon out loud, it probably would have struck a chord with the boy. He strived to be the opposite of his mother - and there was no avoiding his DNA either. It was clear that she was upset by her simple sentence. She hoped it worked out, well he certainly did too. After all, it broke his heart enough how she rejected him. Half of him angered to tell her she had no idea what he had been going through either. However he could never do that to her. He was weak in that aspect, it looked like he was thinking as he stared at the ground. Family was family as long as they had been there. Wolves fell in and out in their lives but it seemed like they had stayed around.

"I'll never give up on her.... on any of us. I promise that." the words that left his mouth were a vow. Even if it was him who needed to hear it coming from himself. After all he could stay silent, and he could have left by now. Rivaxorus was just stuck where he was. With all that was happening he needed a moment to sit and think about himself. About what was going on around him as well.

"Talk" "You" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

03-14-2016, 03:22 PM

She nodded when at last he spoke. He seemed to have been thinking hard, and she smiled lightly. She wanted the best for them, and it pained her that they were struggling so much. Still, they were growing up and eventually they had to learn how to do things on their own. But then again, they'd been doing that even before Arian died. They were taking care of her at such a young age when they should have been playing and learning and having fun. But their parents had put that burden on them too soon.

"That's good. I'm proud of you for coming so far, Rivaxorous." She leaned over and touched his shoulder for comfort, a smile touching her lips. "Remember, if you ever need me, feel free to call anytime. I'll always come. And who knows, maybe next time we talk I'll have some good news!"

Art||Plotter