gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantFamousChristmas 2019Treat 2019Promptober 2019
03-05-2016, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2016, 07:26 PM by Ren.)

She was in a better mood today, and she had good reason despite the summer heat and her own heat. Her other two children had recovered from their sickness, the same one that had claimed her smallest daughter Gnar before she had a chance to live any sort of life. She had tried to bury that memory, but with the pneumonia threatening to take her other two sons it was hard to forget. She had made the decision to spend more time with her children, they would be a year next season and she was afraid they would decide to not want to spend any time with her, but she hoped that wouldn't be the case.

So today, the large woman made her way onto the range. Her thick pelt made her skin feel like it was burning or crawling with fleas thanks to the sun, and she groaned from the feelings. She hated the heat here...she missed the north, that was what the Ancora line was bred for. Not this. Retreating from those thoughts for now, she would stop under the shade of the tractor as she called for Lykos.

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Lykos I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
keanai
03-05-2016, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2016, 05:55 PM by Lykos I.)
Lykos didn't remember Gnar. He had no memory of her, so her death didn't affect her in any way, and he had no worry for his siblings, not doubting for an instant that they would be perfectly fine. The only real con was that they were not able to explore with him, but he was finding adults to do that, like Mercy! Mercy was fantastic. And Illie... sort of. Eh, he had to train with her.

He paced back and forth, eyes sparkling as roamed the Range. It had so many interesting objects in it, like that house, or the machines, and there were other things too that he was able to push through and climb on. He was pushing through the overgrown corn field when a familiar voice called for him. Surprise flashed through his eyes - that was his mother calling for him. Well, he was already heading in the direction she was calling from so he just kept going, popping out of the corn not far from the big metal contraption. He eventually made his way over to Avalon, wagging his tail in greeting. "You called, Mother?" he asked lightly, head tipping slightly.

"SPEAK"
Art by Evelyn

Lykos didn't remember Gnar. He had no memory of her, so her death didn't affect her in any way, and he had no worry for his siblings, not doubting for an instant that they would be perfectly fine. The only real con was that they were not able to explore with him, but he was finding adults to do that, like Mercy! Mercy was fantastic. And Illie... sort of. Eh, he had to train with her.

He paced back and forth, eyes sparkling as roamed the Range. It had so many interesting objects in it, like that house, or the machines, and there were other things too that he was able to push through and climb on. He was pushing through the overgrown corn field when a familiar voice called for him. Surprise flashed through his eyes - that was his mother calling for him. Well, he was already heading in the direction she was calling from so he just kept going, popping out of the corn not far from the big metal contraption. He eventually made his way over to Avalon, wagging his tail in greeting. "You called, Mother?" he asked lightly, head tipping slightly.

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

03-05-2016, 06:50 PM

It didn't surprise her when her son arrived in such short time. He was always so eager, always ready to learn something. She was proud of the way they were growing up, but perhaps in her mind they were growing up too fast. This was her first litter, she wanted every moment to count. She gazed down at her son as he approached, noting how big he was getting, and knowing that soon, they would all reach their adult height made her feel proud and also reluctant to meet that time. "Yes Lykos. How would you like to go on a hunt with me?" Of course, if he wanted to do something else, she wouldn't be opposed to the idea.

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Lykos I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
keanai
03-22-2016, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2016, 05:55 PM by Lykos I.)
Her words made him perk up - a hunt, with his mother? That would be nice - no, more than nice. Avalon had been so absorbed in his siblings, that she hadn't paid much mind to him. True, his brothers were sick, and Dragon had been grounded, but still. He had been jealous - but now here she was, calling for him, and wanting to hunt with him! Gladly, and without hesitation. "Yes! What do you want to hunt?" He had some hunting experience, but mostly small things - maybe they could go after something bigger? That'd be nice; he wanted to try something bigger and his mother was even bigger than him so he felt they had a chance at getting something big.

"SPEAK"
Art by Evelyn

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

03-22-2016, 11:37 PM

She smiled when he agreed to go hunting with her. Her tail wagged as she looked away, gaze finding the goats that grazed nearby. There were several there, a small herd of maybe seven or so. She looked the group over, sizing them up to decide which one would be a prime target. After a moment, she decided on a broad stocky looking ram, it's horns curling widely over his head. "How about we try our paw in catching that ram there? The one with the curled horns?" She pointed her muzzle to it to indicate their potential target.

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

Lykos I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
keanai
04-03-2016, 05:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2016, 05:56 PM by Lykos I.)
His eyes were also drawn to the small little herd, and noticing his mother's calculating gaze, he stayed silent, simply searching as well. There was a male, and several strong young females - also one that looked... older. His gut said that one, completely. Turning towards his mother, he was just about to point it out when she spoke and pointed out the head male. "Hmm," he hummed. "There's also that older female," he gestured towards it with his muzzle. "Easier prey. The ram would be more of a challenge, though." Which one, which one? Tough decision, really. A challenge would be nice - after all, it would further their hunting skills if they succeeded, but the older female was easier, thus taking less time to catch while receiving the same amount of meat.

"SPEAK"
Art by Evelyn

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

04-17-2016, 12:14 AM
He had a keen eye and a sharp mind. That was evident when he voiced his thoughts. She was leaning more towards the ram, considering it would be more challenging and could potentially teach him how to dodge and stay alert, but at the same time she was afraid of seeing him get hurt. She turned her attention to the old female he mentioned, eyeing the old goats position and sizing her up. She seemed to be about the same size as the ram, and would definitely prove to be easier and faster to catch. Perhaps that one now, and the ram another day.

"Alright, we'll go for the old female." Turning to look at him, she shook out her fur and stretched her limbs. Just as she'd done with Kharnage, she would ask a few simple questions. "Before we start, what's the best way to approach? What do you do if your prey becomes startled before you get close, and what's the best way to make a clean and quick kill?" They were simple enough, but she wanted to test his knowledge and teach him anything else he wanted to know before they started the hunt.

Art||Plotter