gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Ehrgeiz
03-07-2016, 12:41 AM
Feeling distant from everything lately, Bright Moon had found herself once more away from the pack lands. Things had been different for her since the spring season, and she'd run into a most unfavorable character. He'd saved her from drowning but... he had only done so in order to torment her further. Ever since coming to the lands of Alacritia, and finding her place in Fiori, she had thought she'd found peace and safety. But she'd been wrong. There was evil no matter where you went. She knew from now on that she needed to watch out for herself, especially when she went beyond the borders of her pack. Technically, she shouldn't have passed the borders again; what was she thinking? Why was she out here alone?

But she couldn't help it. Feeling anxious, she pushed herself away from everyone else that could possibly be her friend, and found herself alone in unfamiliar territory. She was worried, but at least out here she knew to expect the unexpected. Anything could happen to her here, and if it did, it was her own fault for straying from safety. Sighing, she wandered through the forest, admiring the scenery, despite her current mood. The young growth forest was a fascinating place. Perhaps she would remain alone as she wandered, and eventually make her way home unbothered.

The silver, fox-coated woman couldn't help but to wonder if she'd ever find stability like she'd had long ago, in her youth. When her adoptive mother, a powerful woman, had led the pack without any doubts, and Bright had trained diligently for leadership back then. She'd had friends back then, she'd fallen in love... everything had seemed so promising at the time. But things had been different since her mother was killed, and her mate had gone missing... Nothing had been the same, nothing that happened to her had been anticipated. Would life always be that way? Or would something change one day? Aimlessly she wandered, wondering when she ought to turn around and go back home.

Quelt

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Arian
03-10-2016, 03:01 PM

Emotional trauma was not something he had ever handled well. Now even, his muscles seemed sore from all of the moping around he seemed to do. Feeling sorry for himself one way or another. The male emerged from the makeshift dent in the dirt he had made his home for the night. Being a loner didn't seem too bad so far. He didn't have to worry about letting anyone down - nor did he need to worry about being double crossed with his heart broken. Quelt just.... missed another wolf being by his side. For the reason he was born and raised as a social wolf, never a loner - but there was nothing else to really do.

The male's large body stopped when he heard someone near. His ears perking and pulling towards the scent of the female. Almost like a deer caught in some headlights his single eye would catch a glimpse of a smaller fox faced woman. A woman all the same, he frowned and his anxiety flared up. It was nothing against her, he just couldn't trust just about anyone anymore. His sense of morality was pretty much broken.

He stood out among the rest of the flora obviously. He was hoping she'd ignore him and move on, but he couldn't ignore her. His single eye watched her, leaving the silver one to follow suit even if he could not see out of it. Paws splayed out into the dirt and he kept his head lower - he would wait to see what would happen.

Speech,

Bright Moon

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Ehrgeiz
03-12-2016, 04:06 AM
The moment she felt eyes upon her, she frozen, knowing that someone was watching her. She hadn't spotted him yet, but her instincts told her that she was possibly in danger, and she had to find out why. Who did she need to look out for, and where could she run if she needed to escape? As her silver eyes scouted the area, she picked out the male's form from the rest of her surroundings. Amongst the trees and the bright blossoms, the dark wolf stood out quite obviously now that she had spotted him. Her heart pounded anxiously as she contemplated her actions. Maybe she should have headed home sooner. Why was she still here? Now she'd been seen by a stranger... did she ignore him and pretend like she'd never seen him, and maybe he'd just stay where he was? Or did she approach him now that she'd seen him?

She remained frozen for several moments, staring uncomfortably at the unfamiliar male. His appearance was unsettling, the scars upon his face and body telling of a life of violence. Despite her uncertainties, the polite side of her demanded that she acknowledge the other's presence. Therefore she took several steps toward the stranger and dipped her head in greeting. "H-hello," she said softly with an obvious stutter in her nervous tone, "D-do you live here? I... I didn't mean to i-intrude, if this is your home. Please... forgive me." She had suffered enough violence and unfriendliness. She hoped that this brute, despite his size, and scarred appearance, would spare her and let her be.

Quelt

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Arian
04-14-2016, 06:32 AM

The male did suppose his appearance was a bit scary now, though many of the scars were not from willing fights. Others just burned with the reminder that he failed multiple times in his life. Wary of the female, even as she spoke he kept himself steady. However for the moment it didn't seem like she meant any harm. Yet his distrust ran deep - the woman he had fallen in love with, she had been nice until....then. She seemed, nervous and scared of him. So the male tried to male himself seem a bit smaller. Falling onto his stomach, he had no reason to fight her anyway unless she attacked him.

"You're not intruding." he said for a moment. Eyes seemingly darting to the floor, even if he could only see out of one. "These lands are free - besides, I don't like staying in one place for too long anymore." Yes, if he moved around he felt more comfortable. Quelt couldn't help but to feel constricted, haunted, if he stayed alone in one place. If someone came back to get him, since he escaped. His ears twitched, as well as his nose. "You're a pack wolf?" he didn't know what compelled him to ask.

Speech,

Bright Moon

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Ehrgeiz
04-15-2016, 02:54 AM
As she approached the male and spoke to him, she could see him freezing up, just as wary of her as she was of him. It posed questions in her mind. What reason did a large, powerful man such as himself have to fear? But perhaps he had been through things she would never know. Yet after his clear discomfort, he still made an effort to ease her tension by bringing his great form closer to the ground. And so, Bright Moon would seat herself carefully, also wishing to show she was no threat. She would never mean harm upon another soul that hadn't shown her ill intent.

When he first spoke, she was glad to hear that she was not intruding - the male's eyes fell to the ground as he continued. She nodded in agreement, glad he agreed that these lands were free, unclaimed, like most of the continent. Anyone could pass through here. She tilted her head curiously as he stated he didn't like staying in one place too long, but she wouldn't get a chance to ask as he posed a question first.

"Yes, I'm a pack wolf," she said, confirming his guess; then she realized she should clarify which pack she was in, "I'm from Fiori, our home is not far from here." As her silver eyes grazed over the male, she thought that he looked lonely. His scent didn't carry any traces of anyone else. But perhaps he was used to being that way. "Where are you from?" she would ask, instead of asking why he was alone, "Do you wander here often?" She wondered if he would have a story to tell, or maybe he would prefer to keep his personal information to himself.
[Image: zeB2pXm.png]

Quelt

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Arian
04-15-2016, 03:28 AM

He wanted to believe so badly that he could trust another wolf. Though in all honesty he wasn't worth anyone else's trust. He had yet to show his children that he was alive. Bass had told him he could visit them, but there was no telling the rejection they would give him. It made him cringe, he didn't want to think about it. He'd go to face them because he couldn't just leave them after the fight with his brother. Perhaps he could rekindle his relationship with Bass - but that even seemed far out of the picture.

His thoughts were snapped back to the female as she answered his questions. "Fiori.... seems familiar." he whispered half to himself. He might have heard the name from Arian - or some other wolves. She in return asked him a few questions, he did suppose it was only fair. He had asked his own and maybe it was just natural for a wolf to be curious. Quelt highly doubted he should spread out his whole situation. A stranger shouldn't care for his own heartache.

"To be honest, I don't know where I'm from anymore." he said. "To these lands particularly? Not really I've recently become a loner so I wander about thinking of when's the next time I'll be able to catch a meal." Quelt's ear flicked a bit. This information wasn't too giving was it? It didn't tell much about him, because maybe she didn't need to know. That way it would make it less painful to leave all the more.

"Talk"

Bright Moon

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Ehrgeiz
04-17-2016, 03:04 PM
Bright watched the man's expression as he sort of mumbled to himself, that Fiori seemed familiar. She tilted her head, wondering what connection he had to her home land, or perhaps someone within it. Leo and Amalia seemed to have many relatives and connections to the wolves all over the continent - she wouldn't be surprised if he knew them. Her nervousness about him had begun to wane, although she always held to caution when meeting someone new, no matter what. Anyone could turn in the blink of an eye if it suited them.

Her black-tipped ears flicked as he divulged a small portion of his reasons for being here, leaving much untold. It was obvious in the way he seemed not to know where he was from, vaguely stating that he'd recently become a loner. His words left mystery hanging. Curiosity tugged at her, but it was then she realized she hadn't even asked for his name, nor had she offered her own. She mustn't pry into his secret life without even knowing who he was. Besides, his words ended in mentioning all he could do was wonder when his next meal would come - she could help with that!

"I'm a hunter," she mentioned abruptly, awkwardly although with a soft tone, "I can help you catch something filling before I return home. My name's Bright Moon, by the way. What's yours?" She wondered if he would tell her, or allow her to help him at all. Some wolves were too proud to accept help - but she worried that his man might be at a disadvantage, with a missing eye and many scars to prove he'd not been treated kindly in this life.

Quelt

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Arian
04-17-2016, 08:45 PM

Normally Quelt would jump at the chance to get to know her. Yet he was scared, even if her pack had a good reputation. How was he to know either he or someone else wouldn't screw things up again. Yet when she asked if she could help, his eyes widened. The blue and red clear one that still had his vision clearly showing his surprise towards her. He was fully capable of hunting on his own, but he didn't know if he could refuse.

"You don't have to, after all I'm a complete stranger." Quelt gave a light hearted chuckle as she introduced herself. His ears fell flat for a moment but he was still relaxed. "My name is Quelt Rivers." he stood himself straight up. Stretching a bit sorely as he looked at her. His tail kept low so he could seem less threatening to her.

"Talk"

Bright Moon

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Ehrgeiz
04-17-2016, 10:04 PM
Bright focused on the man, watching as his eyes widened at her offer to help him. He looked genuinely surprised, like he hadn't expected such a gesture from a stranger. Having recently been helped by a stranger herself, she knew that a little kindness could go a long way, even if much of the world was shrouded in darkness. Nothing would bring light to the world more than a kind offering or extending a paw to help someone else. Even if he didn't really need her help, she heard him chuckle, telling her she didn't have to.

It's no trouble, really," she said, her tone soft as ever, silver eyes looking from his gaze to the ground, then to his face once more as he offered his name. A small but sure smile began to light her features. "Nice to meet you, Quelt," she said, her black-tipped tail waving, "We may be strangers now... but when strangers do nice things for each other, isn't that when they become friends?" She tilted her head, wondering what he would think. She wasn't sure why, but something about him made her want to know more, perhaps spend just a little time with him. After all, she didn't have many friends. She had pack mates that she knew she could count on, and that she would do anything for, but she didn't really know any of them.

Something about this man was intriguing. He was mysterious, but not in a way that made her nervous. Most men, in fact any man, could easily put her on edge, just for the gender they'd been born into. But the way that he tried to make himself smaller, clearly trying to make himself as minimally threatening as possible, set her at ease. It allowed her curious side to shine, as well as her kindness - something she hoped Quelt would allow her to offer him.

Quelt

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Arian
04-18-2016, 12:59 AM

Her words struck a bit of a chord with him. Strangers to friends huh, well friends could easily betray one another. You could never really know what was really on another's mind. With that how was he to know she wouldn't do the same. Quelt smiled a little painfully as he looked to the floor. "You never know - I seem to be a bad judge of character in my life." he whispered almost half to himself as he walked past her. Scenting the air for any possible game.

"Tell me about Fiori. Is the alpha Leo?" he asked curiously. He didn't mean to intrude but he did guess it gave away he knew a bit about the adravendi's. Quelt's toes spread, maybe, if just once he tried to place his trust into someone else he'd be able to move on. It was just so scary.

"Talk"

Bright Moon

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Ehrgeiz
04-18-2016, 01:28 AM
The woman watched Quelt as his gaze shifted uncomfortably. She wasn't sure what it was exactly, but something she'd said had caused him great strife. He would hardly look at her now. When walked past her and he spoke quietly, it became clear to Bright Moon that he had been betrayed in his lifetime, perhaps more than she had. There was nothing she could say to that. She was lucky (if one could consider it luck), that at least she'd never been betrayed by those she loved. The only ones to betray her were those that pretended to be friendly with her, only to take advantage of her later. Her loved ones had always stayed true, even if they'd left her behind in this lifetime. She knew she would see them again when she passed from this world to the next.

Until then, she must make the best of this life. After all, she might just be needed before the gods called her to another realm. Some seasons it didn't seem likely she'd ever be needed, but on days like this, she was sure that she was here for a reason. She moved until she was shoulder-by-shoulder with Quelt, scenting the air purposefully alongside him. "Yes, Leo is Fiori's alpha," she confirmed with a dip of her head, realizing that he must know something about the pack, "He's a good man, someone I'm proud to have as our leader. Before I joined Fiori, I wasn't sure I'd find wolves I could trust, or a place to call home... but it's definitely a pack I've grown to love."

It was true. She was very attached to Fiori, and everyone within it was so kind. And despite their lack of warriors, they were a brave bunch, and she knew they'd fight with all of their strength should they ever be challenged. After all, Leo had won the battle when he'd been challenged by his own kin not so long ago. It was just a good place to be; realizing her mind had wandered, Bright tried to focus on the present. "Are you hungry?" she questioned, hoping to remind him that she was there to help him - she loved hunting, anyways, and it would be no bother to her if she lent him a paw, whether he needed it or not. Maybe it would just be a good excuse to get to know him further.

Quelt

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Arian
04-19-2016, 05:16 AM

Quelt didn't know much about Leo. Only word of mouth, as he looked at Bright moon. She seemed to make it evident that she had picked up on his trust issue's. It was interesting to say in the least. His ears flicked a little as he looked at the ground. She asked if he was hungry, and his stomach answered for her. A growl ripping through the air, making him wince a bit with a little bit of embarrassment.

"I can smell deer not far from here. We could easily catch one of those to share." Quelt answered her as he looked over at Bright moon. He was feeling a little more at ease. Yet still unsure - his heart desired to trust. Yet his memory told him he'd ruin things, if not her. It made his paws twitch a little, he couldn't. Yet maybe, he would consider it. Going to Fiori.

"Talk"

Bright Moon

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Ehrgeiz
04-20-2016, 11:25 PM
Bright was glad that he listened intently, so she smiled at him, her smile small and shy as ever. He seemed to have some sort of internal conflict, his ears twitching and paws shuffling. But one thing was very clear, as his stomach rumbled loudly for all to hear. He was indeed hungry. She was too, and she was more than willing to help her acquaintance catch a meal that they could share. As he tilted his nose to the air and mentioned scenting deer, Bright nodded in agreement with him. It would be an easy catch, so long as it wasn't a buck in good health.

"Let's go find it," she said, scenting the air herself, "We'll have a meal in no time." Then she left her position, following the trail of deer. Stalking swiftly through the woods, it was not long before she spotted a small herd - there were no younglings, but there was a doe that looked unwell. It strayed from the rest, and appeared listless. "We can get that one," she said to Quelt, nodding her head at the weak doe. It would do the herd well to lose a weaker member, anyways, particularly as the cold season came.

"Quelt, would you go around the herd and startle them, get them running?" she asked, hoping he agreed with her suggestion, "I will chase that one swiftly, it will be easy to snatch once the herd leaves it behind." A sad reality, but a faster death than perishing in the dead of winter, hungry and suffering. She was glad to be hunting with her new friend, and wondered where he would go after they finished the hunt.

Quelt

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Arian
05-03-2016, 04:05 PM

The male listened to her carefully, nodding his head to show that he understood. If it was one thing the son of a duke knew, it was how to follow orders. That and his normal pack mentality kicked in. It was best to listen to those who knew what they were doing. Quelt then looked to the herd, he split off in a different direction to come to their side. Paws spread into the terrain, at the right moment he'd jump out at them. Snapping his teeth making the herd startle up.

Just as the plan ensured, the herd would be scared. However the weakest ones would be left out for the pickings. Whether it be old, young, or injured, a meal was the goal. His eye looked towards his hunting partner. In case she needed help in taking down the prey, it depended on how big the target would be. Quelt was hoping it wouldn't be too dangerous.

"Talk"

Bright Moon

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Ehrgeiz
05-11-2016, 01:30 AM
Everything was going according to plan, and Quelt was turning out to be a wonderful hunting partner. He cooperated without hesitation, setting things into motion. As Bright waited for him to move and get the herd running, she positioned herself in the right place. She had to make sure this was a success. Her tail flicked out to align with her spine, paws shifting to an equal distance apart so that she was well balanced. Her silver body became streamlined, with her head lowering just below the level of her shoulders, ears pressing back to reduce any friction with the air when she would sprint into action.

When she saw the herd beginning to flee, she knew that Quelt had startled them at just the right moment. The healthy animals fled at an impressive speed, while just a few were left behind. Among them was the doe that she had decided would be their target. It wasn't doing well, and would be culled from the herd, removing weakness from the rest. With expert timing of her own, Bright Moon would burst forth swiftly on long, lean legs built for speed.

Each stride moved her closer to the sickly doe, whose step faltered just enough for the silver fox-colored woman to close the distance. With one mighty leap, jaws parted wide, she was able to snag the doe by its flank, the soft web of flesh right in front of its hind leg. Her teeth punctured the skin, and as the animal flailed, the skin tore. She let go of her hold and danced out of reach as the deer began to kick out with sharp hooves. They would just have to tire out the sickly doe until it had no fight left in it, and that wouldn't be much longer.