gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Evelyn

Famous
03-07-2016, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2016, 12:29 PM by Evelyn.)
*Home turf, Serpent plains

At last, Finch was fully healed. There were still a few mental scars, as well as a small mark on her shoulder, but that was it. She felt like a brand new wolf, she was full of so much energy from being pent up for so long. Peeking out of her den, she squinted at the bright light, blinking to adjust herself before she pranced out. Letting out a happy bark, she stretched herself out. Arching her back like a cat, she slid her front legs forward, tail curling over her back. A yawn split open her jaws as she shook out each limb, the leaf necklace at her throat jingling at the movement. All limbered up, she trotted a few times around her den before she took off at a full sprint around the plains. The hiss of snakes was at her paws, but she didn't have a care in the world. For the first time in awhile she felt free, even her stutter had worn off! She was like a brand new woman. She wanted to be stronger, better. Finch needed to work on not being so shy, but that would all come with time, right? After all, it had taken her getting hurt to finally make her realize that she was hiding behind her emotions. It was time to be like her siblings, to make her mark on the world.

Panting, Finch drew herself to a stop. Seeing a large, flattened bolder she jumped up on to it. Spreading her pale bodice on the warmed stone she let out a sigh, resting her head on her front limbs. Paws dangled over the rock, crossing at the ankle. Her pale blue eyes glanced around the plains, her tail giving a few beats on the rock. It felt so good to be out, she had grown tired of being stuck within her den. But now, finally, she was out.

"SPEAK" "SPEAK ITALIAN" "CIVETTA SPEAKS"
Art by KatG6

Dart

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
03-07-2016, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2016, 04:46 PM by Dart.)

It seemed like forever since he had last talked to the girl he had trained with a few times. Although he knew Finch had been ill for a while now, he had remained somewhere nearby watching the den. Her den. He had seen wolves come and go, checking on her and giving her medicine, but he had kept his distance. She was such a sweet girl, he wasn't sure why he felt so...hurt, that she had been hurt. Sure, he'd spoken to her mainly in the presence of others, but she seemed so shy and timid that he always thought maybe his outgoing nature and high energy would be too much for her.

Today was different though. He held between his paws, the three eagle feathers he had the day they did training together. Just the two of them, and he enjoyed it. He had crafted a small wearable trinket for her, maybe something she could wear in her fur if she wanted to. He thought about moving away from his vigilant perch, and possibly placing it next to her so that when she was awake and better, she would see it. With a pounding heart of indecision, the male finally stood, clutching the feathers gently. However, as soon as he stood, he stared wide eyed as someone burst from the den. Finch!?

He stared in surprise as she ran around, his lips curling into a grin as he watched. "Well how about that!" He murmured to himself. He watched a little longer, which was...totally not creepy..right? Well, enough watching. As she settled upon a flat rock, he went into motion and trotted towards her. He stopped below her, staring up at her with a lopsided grin. "Hey! Nice to see ya again!"

"Speak"

Finch I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Evelyn

Famous
03-08-2016, 10:36 PM

She was just about to drift off when she saw a streak of red and white fur dart up to her. Startled, she scrambled to her paws and let out a sharp bark, blinking her wide blue eyes at Dart. It took her a few moments to calm her racing heart, and when she did she let out a huff. "Goodness, you nearly scared me off the rock!" she squeaked. Her voice almost sounded strange to her own ears without the stutter, and with a bit of a smile she flopped back down on the rock. She really did feel a lot better, and like she was finally coming into herself. She even felt like she no longer looked like a puppy, feeling a bit more like a woman that she was. Maybe she had left all her childhood things behind, or maybe this was just part of her whole being stronger thing. Her tail thumped on the warmed rock, and she looked down and saw that Dart had three eagle feathers with him. She blinked again, scooting closer to the edge of the rock to get a closer look. "Is... are those feathers?" she whispered, looking back up at Dart expectantly.

Art by KatG6

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
03-09-2016, 12:02 AM
The chocolate-and-marshmallow girl had been keeping to herself more than usual lately. She toured the pack lands leisurely, her head low and her tail sweeping evenly behind her. The woman's shoulders rolled beneath her skin, hips swinging rhythmically. Her ears swiveled around, taking in the sounds around her. She hadn't been avoiding anyone in the pack per-say, but she did keep an ear out to casually stay distant from anyone she heard if they didn't outright spot her. This was not one of those occasions. She heard Dart's voice. She ignored it. She heard Finch's voice. Her ears twitched. Her head swung in the direction of the sound. She wouldn't stay distant from this.

Coming closer, Sparrow hesitated. She could see the two now, but she wasn't entirely sure she wanted to approach. She eyed the area around them. There wasn't anywhere to really hide and she wasn't up for spying on her sister anyway. With another glance sideways, Sparrow decided to not interrupt. The girl turned and surveyed the land. She could wait until they were done... or she could come back later. She glanced back to Finch. Why was she so torn? For the moment, Sparrow glanced back and forth between the two options; talk and visit her sister and Dart or... not.

Dart

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
03-09-2016, 12:55 AM

>>Whoa! He nearly fell back when she startled and let out a sharp bark. He stifled laughter as he righted himself, crimson eyes gazing playfully up at her as she composed herself too. "Sorry! You almost made me fly out of my fur! So I guess we're even eh?" He chuckled, his fluffy tail waving behind him. He was so happy to see she was feeling and looking so much better. He realized then that something was different about her. Without another word he stretched his neck up towards her and squinted. "Hmmm..." He thought for a moment, and then it came to him! She wasn't stuttering! Not only that, but she held herself differently then she usually did. Interesting.

As he leaned back to give her back her space, he kept a cheery gaze on her. He hadn't really noticed that her sister was lurking nearby, nope. He was more interested in Finch at the moment. When she leaned down to look at the feathers he had, her question puzzled him for a second. "Huh?" She looked expectantly at him, fiery orbs met blue and for a moment he had forgotten why he was here. Only the sound of a bird flying overhead pulled him from his momentary forgetfulness before he scrambled onto his feet.

"Oh right! Uh, yes! I climbed the tallest trees and fought the most vicious eagle to get these. Rough journey I tell ya!" Alright, maybe he was exaggerating...alot. Clearing his throat, he picked them up and leaped up to sit on the rock with her, placing them carefully beside her. "Actually, they're the same feathers you and I used for training. I meant to give them to you after, but I eh...forgot. I uh...wanted to give them to you when you woke up, and now...you're awake!" A shy, lopsided grin formed with shy and embarrassed laughter to accompany it.
"Speak"

Finch I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Evelyn

Famous
03-09-2016, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 03:41 PM by Evelyn.)

She gave a small giggle when she noticed that he had gotten all fluffed up too, just like she had! He said that they were even, and she gave a small nod of her head. So, is this was a civil conversation was like? She sat on it for a moment, and then blinked rapidly at the fox face that was suddenly so close to hers. What, was there something on her face? She went cross eyed trying to spy something on herself, only to narrow her eyes slightly when he hummed at her. "What?" she asked softly, suddenly very much aware that he was close to her. She blinked rapidly again when a flush came to her cheeks, and she bashfully dipped her head down. Looking at Dart from under her lashes she gave him a timid smile, confused at why she felt so flush. She just wasn't used to others so close to her face, that had to be it.

When she asked about the feathers, Dart seemed to forget that he even had them with him. She let off another suppressed giggle, ears flickering in amusement. How could he have forgotten already? What a silly fox. He told her a dopey about climbing a tree to get them, and her pale head tilted to the side. "But foxes can't climb trees..." she said softly, confusion touching her voice. It didn't sink in fully that he was trying to tell a joke. Finch didn't get out much, there was a lot of learning for her to do when jt came to conversing. He then told her that they were from the training, and that he wanted to give them to her. She looked at him with a baffled look, her pale up eyes growing wide. "B-but why?" she asked, so mystified that she stuttered slightly. Why would he give her such a lovely gift like this? He hardly even knew her... Looking down at the feathers, she carefully ran her paw across the smooth surface. They were really beautiful, but where would she put them? It was obvious that he had tailored them to be worn, but where? She had a necklace already, and she didn't want them tickling her ear. She trailed off, thinking about them, when suddenly the winds shifted.

Finch's head rose when her sisters scent reached her, a smile on her lips when she spotted her a little ways away. She kept looking between her and somewhere else, leaving the woman a little bit confused. "Sparrow! Come see what Dart has!" she called, not even asking the fox if he minded. To her it didn't matter, she was her sister and she hadn't seen her since that night they spoke. "I think I'm ready to go and get some water now," she mused out loud, t honking back to when she had offered to go with her.

Art by KatG6

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
03-09-2016, 10:32 PM
Sparrow watched the exchange between the two, feeling her own face warm up. Surely she was imagining things, but the moment seemed a little too intimate for her to be watching. Her eyes became averted as she tried not to hear their words. Without noticing how much time passed, her attention was suddenly grabbed by her sister's call. Sparrow looked up with a, "shit I was caught" look even though she was honestly just zoned out. Her sister wanted her to see what Dart had brought. Shaking her pelt, Sparrow came near the duo, "What is it?" she asked, one brow spot raising.

Finch said that she was ready to go get water and the memory of their conversation hit Sparrow like a wall. She had forgotten. Her tail swished behind her and a smile crept onto her face, "Haha, water today, spars tomorrow? Well, not actually tomorrow, but, you know..." Sparrow's eyes looked towards Dart, "How've you been, Dart? Keeping my sister company?" Her look was soft towards the loyal fox. As far as she could discern, he was faithful, honest, and, though odd, a reliable member of the pack. Sparrow realized she hadn't made the effort to get to know him even though she held him in good regards.

How had she fallen so far in the background?

Dart

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
03-09-2016, 10:59 PM

>>Apparently she didn't get his joke about climbing trees to get the feathers. It was cute in a way, how it went over her head like that. She asked why he was giving them to her, and he sighed as he tsked a couple times. "Well, you seemed pretty interested in them last time. And I figured they would suit you! Of course, I didn't want to offend Civetta either by giving you feathers from her brethren. I'd be hiding in my den forever if she chose to try and peck my ears off!" He chuckled.

It was then he turned his head when Finch called out to her sister, the Fox realizing she was there. Ah! This was Bass' other daughter! It was his lucky day it seemed. He'd been wanting to get to know them better, not in a creepy way but just in general since they were his oldest friends children. Sparrow approached them, asking what it was he had. "Just a little get well gift." He smiled as he moved over to offer a place to sit should she decide she wanted to. He listened to their little exchange until sparrow turned her attention on him again.

He nodded, a lopsided grin tugging at his maw. "I'm doing good, thanks! It's nice to get out and chit chat. I figured Finch would wanna see a familiar face eventually. I know I'm not as pretty as you two, but one can always dream." He winked at the pair, his fluffy tail curling around mismatched paws. This was nice. They were nice. Yep, he was glad he had come back.

"Speak"

Finch I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Evelyn

Famous
03-09-2016, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2016, 01:10 PM by Evelyn.)

The young woman giggled softly as he made a comment about Civetta, she was a pretty feisty bird for one of her size. Plus, her friends feathers were really small, these ones were so long and pretty. "I... thank you, Dart. They are so pretty..." she said softly, her pale blue eyes gazing at the trio of feathers. But where could she even put them? "I'm supposed to wear it, right? But where should I put them?" she asked, looking back up at him. Studying his face, Finch felt a strange feeling in her belly. Feeling bashful all of the sudden, she looked away and blinked furiously. What on earth was thst? Could it be... no. She didn't have a crush on Dart, did she? He was a lot older than her, and not even the same species! But... he was the first wolf outside of her family that really treated her this way. Plus be was fluffy and cuddly, and... Ugh! Why was she having these thoughts? Was she going crazy?

Turning around when Sparrow approached, she was thankful for the distraction. Beaming at her sister, she noticed that she wasn't as bubbly as usual. Her smile disappeared in an instant, her head tilting to the side as she glanced at Sparrow's face. Was she feeling okay? She made a mention of them sparring tomorrow, and her tail beat on the earth. "Any time! I can't promise I will be any good though, I have a feeling I will spend more time on the ground than on my paws," she muttered. Honestly, Finch didn't know the first thing about fighting. But to learn with her sister was certainly an interesting concept to her, and one she was looking forward to. Between Sparrow and Lark, she had a feeling that she would get the hang of it sooner or later. Maybe she should ask Starling to join her...

Brought back to the present with Dart's words, feeling heat flood to her cheeks at his comment about them being pretty. Sputtering, she shuffled slightly and focused on Sparrow instead of Dart, her eyes slightly wide. She looked at her litter mate with confusion all over her face, she had no idea why she was feeling like this. Unless... unless she really did have a crush on him. 'Help me!' she mouthed to the white and brown woman. She had no experience with this, or the ups and downs of any of... well anything to do with love and feelings. Her mother had vanished, and Bass avoided the topic like the plague. Maybe Sparrow knew something about it...

Shaking herself, she tried to calm the heat in her pale cheeks as she looked between the fox and her sister. "We should all do something together, celebrate!" she offered, perhaps speaking a bit too fast. Really, Finch needed to get it together. The usually shy girl was acting foolish.

Art by KatG6

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
03-10-2016, 03:20 PM
Sparrow walked up to the two, trying to notice their demeanor. She shot Finch a questioning look, but dropped it as they all began to talk.

As Dart mentioned the get well gift, Sparrow chuckled a little, "Our Finch getting more pretties, hm?" Sparrow teased lightly, looking pointedly towards the necklace around the girl's neck, "Remind me to go pretty hunting with you so we can get matching sister accessories." Sparrow offered another smile.

Finch said she was ready for spars any time, mentioning she felt like she'd be spending more time on the ground than on her paws. Sparrow's eyes found a space that wasn't occupied by Finch or Dart, "I feel that way a lot of times..." She commented before bringing her focus back to the duo, "But that just means I gotta try harder, right?" The chocolate girl's maw curled into a laughing smile. It was true, but she wasn't really talking about sparring.

Dart replied, saying he was doing good and was providing Finch with a familiar face. He said that he wasn't as pretty as either of them and Sparrow's face flushed. She blinked at Dart once, her ears perking sharply. Did he just call them pretty? Confused, Sparrow's wide eyes quickly darted to Finch's... only to find her panicked expression mirrored. Sparrow's heart rate increased. Green eyes stared into Blue eyes as both searched for some reason to their feelings. Finch's maw began to move and Sparrow made out, "Help me." Her own maw formed a tight, nervous line as she felt her fur fluff in response. How was she supposed to help?! She didn't know how to react to things like this! Sparrow hummed a note out of nervousness. What would their Dad do? Sparrow imagined he would freak out too. How had he made pups again? Where was their mother to teach them to handle flattery with grace?

Finch spoke up saying they should do something to celebrate, her voice bubbling out a little too fast. Sparrow, in return nodded and agreed way too fast, "Yeah, we should! I wonder what we could do? We could go to the river for that drink of water. I'm pretty parched. We could catch fish and have a uhm- picnic right? How does that sound?" Sparrow let out a breath.

How had she gotten so overwhelmed?

Dart

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
03-10-2016, 10:13 PM

>>The small canine nodded at Finch's thanks. Crimson eyes sparkling as he beamed. He was glad she liked them, after all it seemed she was quite taken with feathers. Maybe it was because she was named after a bird...that was his conclusion anyway. When she asked where she could put them, he wore a thoughtful look. Thinking about it, wearing it around her ears probably wasn't a good idea since Civetta seemed to like hanging around there. If it were him, he'd wear it around his ears or...aha! "How about your tail? I think they'd look great there. You'll have tail feathers!" Perfect.

He chuckled when Sparrow came to join them, feeling small next to them considering he was shorter then both of them. Not so much compared to Sparrow, but Finch was taller then him by almost a foot. Still, his size never bothered him compared to wolves. He was the normal size for his own species, and while he lived among wolves, he knew he would never be one. It was amusing though.

The girl's talked about their own little thing, sparring and such. While Dart would be interested in such things, he didn't think he could fight them. He would hate if he accidentally hurt either of them, but he was not opposed to helping or coaching in the future if they ever asked. They were sweet, how could he ever bring himself to bite them or anything like that? He hadn't exactly noticed their reactions after he said they were pretty, naturally he assumed that's just how they were. But when Finch and Sparrow spoke quickly and...weird, he rose a brow in confusion.

Uh-oh, I think I broke them! The scene though, was pretty amusing. Was he that straightforward? Of course, he didn't think he was charming. At least, he didn't pay attention to it. He was who he was. I wonder if I can get Bass to act like that. Hmm... It would he funny to see Bass flustered. Thoughts aside, he tilted his head at their comments and suggestions of celebration. Yup! He was in if they didn't mind. "Sounds like fun! I'm a pretty good Fisher if I do say so myself, I can show you girls some tricks if you want!"

"Speak"