Teach You To See Again

Surreal

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
03-14-2016, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2016, 05:10 PM by Surreal.)
Surreal Adravendi

As Surreal found a clear spot away from the rest of the pack, and the others took places, she turned her focus to Falk, allowing a smile to pervade her voice as she spoke to him. She hadn't gone beyond touch of him, and so her voice wasn't very loud. "The trick behind blind fighting is close quarters, using your senses of touch and hearing to keep track of your opponent." Her nose traveled close to his ear, enough to leave warm breath fluttering his fur.

The flirtation wasn't completely involuntary. It had been a long time since they'd had fun, flirted, and while she kept it restrained in the view of the rest of the pack, the interest was definitely notable if he was paying attention. "You remember your defenses, I'm sure. Even though your eyes are blind, still shut them in a serious fight." She moved away, seeking a short distance of three feet between them, and to face him head on, her own defenses settling into place as she continued her gentle tutoring.

"Listen for my breathing, my heartbeat, and paws on the ground, for the wind in my fur. Let the others fade away and focus on me. She waited for a moment, before asking. "Ready, "mo grá?"

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think

[Image: a5Wob8t.png]
Surreal's family is allowed to crash any thread she is in, regardless of it being private or not.

Falk

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Athena I
03-15-2016, 03:11 AM

Falk followed Surreal off to the side, away from the group so they could begin their training spar. He was very aware of how close the was, her breath on his ear making his tail flick behind him. It was very hard to focus on fighting at the moment- or anything other than Surreal really. He smirked slightly and resisted the temptation to try to tempt her back to their den instead of sparring as she began to move away to take her place. Defenses. Right. He chuckled and gave a little shake of his head to clear it before he began to settle into his defensive stance. It had been a long, long time since the last time he had fought, but his muscles remembered what to do well enough. He felt his scarred lids close over his eyes. There was no need to narrow them like he would have in the past. Once his defenses were in place he took a deep breath and let it out slowly to steady himself and chase off his nerves. He'd nod then, his nails digging into the soil as he focused in on Surreal's breathing. "Ready."

Speech Thought Others

Surreal

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
04-30-2016, 09:52 AM
Surreal Adravendi

Ready. She lunged forward, using the single stride available to square her paws beneath her, toes spreading apart for a wider base of balance while her claws sank into the dirt for better traction and propulsion. Her shoulders snapped forward, rolling to cover the base of her neck as her chin tucked to cover her throat, her neck scrunched back, sending her scruff rolling into a fatty layer of protection over her neck, while her hackles rose from the base of her head to the top of her tail, which she flung out like a rudder for balance, head and tail level with her spine. Her abdomen tightened, elbows and hocks bending slightly to lower her center of gravity and loosen her joints for ease of movement. Lastly, her eyelids snapped shut, guarding her eyes as her face wrinkled into a scowl and her jaws parted slightly, teeth baring.

She sought to close the short distance of three feet with a single bound, wishing to drive the point of her left shoulder solidly into the very center of Falk’s chest, at the point where his neck melded with his breast, seeking to drive the large male back and shake his balance, while simultaneously tilting her head to her right and aiming her jaws in a blind bite for the left side of Falk’s muzzle, seeking to place her upper canines over the top of his muzzle, and fasten her lower canines under his lower jaw in a grip that might snap his jaws tightly shut and close off his most dangerous weapon in one fell swoop.

Meanwhile, her left front leg snapped out, her weight redistributing to her other three limbs and her tail flicking out as an added balancing feature as she sought to grapple her left front paw around the inside of his left foreleg at the wrist and drag the whole limb out from under Falk, seeking to destabilize his balance.

This whole thing was making her burn in all the right places, and it was taking a considerable amount of effort not to give a groan out loud. However, this was sort of fun.

-:: Surreal vs Falk for Training Spar::-
Round 1/3

Defenses:

Attacks:

Injuries:

Extra Notes: About time I got this going!

[Image: a5Wob8t.png]
Surreal's family is allowed to crash any thread she is in, regardless of it being private or not.