size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantFamousChristmas 2019Treat 2019Promptober 2019
03-14-2016, 06:08 PM

She'd never been off of the main continent before, so when her wandering brought her to the shore, she grew nostalgic. She hadn't been to the beach in a long time, not since she had stopped going to the cove in the hopeless wait for her family to return. For years she waited. Almost six, to be exact. And that was six years too long. She had wasted so much of her life waiting for them, that she hadn't taken the time to focus on herself. And it was because of that, because of her naivete that things hadn't been the best in her life. She had been enslaved, and freed. She had thought she found love, only to find out it was a lie. Now, now she was smarter.

As she looked out over the ocean towards mainland, the ocean breeze caressed her wet pelt. She felt...Calm. Like her worries were gone, if only for the moment. The swim over the reef had been short, and she certainly wouldn't mind swimming here more often. As the sun beat down on her, she settled herself into the sand as she closed her eyes and listened to the gulls and the sound of the waves.

"Speech"

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Crucible

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Athena I
03-15-2016, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2016, 02:27 AM by Crucible.)
He wasn't sure what had brought him out here. You'd think with all the travel he had done recently he'd be ready to settle down for a moment and keep his paws still, but he just couldn't let himself settle down in Creed's pack without reacquainting himself Alacritis. He took his travels much more leisurely now, not pushing himself much at all and resting often. That was really the key to traveling any distance now that he was older. His push to follow his brother's trail had nearly broken him. But after a few days rest he was ready to go again. He had spotted this island from the shore and curiosity pulled him toward it. The swim really wasn't too bad. It was short and the water actually helped get the pressure off his joints for a little bit. Getting back out of the water once he reached the shore wasn't quite as easy, but he managed it fine.

He shook out his thick fur, giving off a spray of salt water droplets and leaving his coat clumped and spiky in places. He let his pale green gaze drift across his surroundings for a moment before he began to slowly make his way down the coast, his large paws leaving a trail of paw prints behind him. The island was beautiful enough, but he was quickly distracted from it when he saw a mostly gray form ahead of him. Her eyes seemed to be closed but as he got closer he quickly noticed the markings that trailed up the front portions of her legs and down her back. He had been away from his family for far too long and his memories from his younger days were fuzzy at times, but there was no mistaking those markings. He grew extremely curious as he made his way over to her. He stopped several feet away, not wanting to startle her. "S'cuse me, miss?" he'd ask, his voice a deep rumble and mildly rough from lack of use.

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

03-21-2016, 01:00 AM

Would she ever forget? Could she ever let go of her past and move on into the future? She knew she could, but she couldn't take that first step. Sighing, she bowed her head a little as her ears fell back. A moment later, a hoarse voice sounded behind her. "Hm?" She turned around to find a male standing not too far away from her. He was unfamiliar, but he seemed to be looking at her funny..."Can I help you?" She would question softly.

Amber gaze looked him over, noting the markings beneath his eyes. They did seem familiar...as she stared at him, something began to feel...very familiar...this stranger reminded her of...Creed...but more importantly..."You...you seem so familiar...like I've met you before..." She tried to recall where...but she figured that maybe she should wait and see...just in case she was going senile.

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Crucible

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Athena I
03-21-2016, 02:43 AM
The woman turned toward him and her markings were so telling of her lineage that he could barely believe it. She didn't seem to recognize him in the same way, asking if she could help him. Before he could answer, however, she seemed to realize something and he could see her brain working in her expression. Her comment about meeting him before made him hum thoughtfully while he tried to pull from what little he could remember about his younger years. So much of it was clouded by time and various illnesses and fevers that it was hard to remember many of the finer details. There was no denying that she was Gargoyle's daughter if nothing else, but had they met before? He thought maybe they had once upon a time. "T'is possible, miss," he rumbled with a soft smile. What were the chances that he'd run into a family member out here? Reuniting with his brothers and now this... Perhaps his luck was turning around. "My name's Crucible... You're Gargoyle's daughter. Aren't you?" He settled on his haunches while he watched her curiously, still trying to rack his brain for any of his memories from way back when.

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

04-14-2016, 11:15 AM
"T'is possible, miss." Her ears perked up as she looked at him, the whole while she was dead sure this man was once a part of her father's pack. When he told her his name, her tail wagged and a smile grew. The woman nodded, her expression changing to something of joy and relief. "Yes, my name is Avalon! It's nice to see you again,  Crucible. Last time I saw you I was still a pup...time has really flown, hasn't it?"

Yes, the pieces of her memory were there. She had held on for so long to her past, held on to every detail of her family and her birth home and pack and everything in between. She knew this man, and she could remember those of the Ancora line the moment she saw them. Providing she had met them beforehand, but even then the Ancora's had very distinct and recognizable coats.

And then a thought struck her. Maybe Crucible had seen her parents out there somewhere? "Have you seen my mother and father? " she hadn't seen them since just before she turned two years old...yet somehow, she still desperately hung onto that last bit of hope.

Art||Plotter

Crucible

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Athena I
04-14-2016, 02:28 PM
The slight smile on his lips widened into a full lop-sided grin when she confirmed his suspensions. Avalon! He couldn't believe it. The last time he had seen any of Gargole's children they had only been pups. Now here she was a full grown, beautiful woman. He nodded in agreement and gave a low chuckle when she mentioned time passing so quickly. It felt like he had blinked and his life had passed him by. There was nothing that could be done about that now though besides trying his best to enjoy what life he had left. His ears perked slightly with surprise when she asked about her parents. He wished he could tell her yes, but he regretfully shook his head no. "No, 'fraid not, miss. I've been alone for a while now. I only recently found my brothers, Cross and Creed." He wondered how much of their family was still around, or even still alive for that matter. It was a dark thought, but a realistic one.

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

04-16-2016, 12:32 AM
She was happy to see family again. And despite his answer, she was only mildly disappointed. After all, she knew that the expectation of finding her parents alive was far too unrealistic. Still, this was something. And it was a good thing. "I should have expected as much. I haven't seen them since I was a year old...I'm six now, can you believe that? I feel so old." She made a face after she said that, but she knew he was feeling just as old.

Sitting down, she curled her tail around her paws as she looked at him. "How are your brothers? I've seen Creed, I've not run into Cross yet. Honestly, you and Creed are the only two I've found since I've been back. My siblings all disappeared as did everyone else, so I'm happy to know I'm not the only one left."

Art||Plotter