size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Ehrgeiz

Famous
04-12-2016, 12:14 AM

Why had she come here? Exploration might have been a valid excuse, if she'd actually felt like she had come here with any sort of purpose. Instead, she felt like she was wandering aimlessly, displaced. Her paws had carried her through the night until she'd ended up in the Palmetto Wash, with morning waking upon the horizon. There was nothing here, and she wasn't interested in finding out if there were any secrets to be discovered in this place. Her only desire was to find any trace of the wolves she'd begun to grow attached to in Argead. So far, she'd seen not a hint. Where had they gone? She already missed her life in the valley, where she'd felt needed and accounted for. As a loner, not a single soul would notice her presence, nor would anyone notice if she disappeared.

She knew deep down that no amount of searching and wallowing in her sorrow would bring life back to her home. It was gone, faded into the past, and there was no way to retrieve it. Still, she didn't know where to turn now. Did she dare to seek out another pack? Would anything ever be quite the same as Argead? Indecision and loneliness overwhelmed her as descended the stony hills and into the sandy wash. Her paws kicked up clouds of dusty sand, which only caused her to sigh in dismay, as this territory seemed so lifeless. There were trees, but they were tough and scrubby, spaced far apart.

Yet, she would choose to rest her weary paws near one of these trees anyways. She approached a rather short, scruffy looking tree that cast a small shadow as the sun climbed slowly into the sky. She plopped herself near its base, scuffing her paws in the sand until she was relatively comfortable. Never did she think she'd be so upset, feel so out of place, left to fend for herself. After all, she'd spent a majority of her life forging her own path and surviving in the wilds, until she'd joined Argead on a whim. Why did it feel so impossible now? Curled into herself, her emerald gaze sought the horizon, watching the sun rise as she contemplated what she would do now that she'd found herself homeless.

"Speak" "Listen" Think
[Image: JA7MsGH.png]

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantFamousChristmas 2019Treat 2019Promptober 2019
04-12-2016, 02:31 AM

Today she'd decided to take her son dragon out on some navigation exercises. He didn't seem to pleased with exploring a desert, but it was a different terrain then what imperium and the north lands had. She chuckled, ears flicking as his complaints followed along behind her. "It's not that bad in this season, dear. I've seen worse. Trust me." She pressed on, lightly shaking her head when he responded. Kids...

As they approached the wash, she paused as an unfamiliar scent reached her nose. Odd...someone was out here? That was a first. Maybe she'd teach him how to track the scent, but he already seemed to be on it. She followed him, keeping close just in case it was a hostile, but on closer inspection, it was a lone female. Carefully, the pair approached. Of course, her son walked right up to the woman and began to pester her..."I apologize for my son's boldness, we don't mean to disturb you." She offered a smile, ready to go on her way if the woman wished.

"Talk" "You" Think

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Dragon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022LegendaryCritical Fail!Treat 2019
04-12-2016, 02:43 AM

Ugh! Why the desert!? "Mooom! It's hot and dry! Do we have to?" Her response would bring a pout to his face as he trotted along behind her. "Worse? Worse how?" He would immediately abandon the thought when a scent reached him, and as soon as he caught it he trotted faster past his mom to investigate.

Without hesitation, he approached the lady with a wagging tail, ears perked as he stopped a couple feet away in front of her. "Hi! What're you doing lying in the sand? It's so really Sandy out here, you're fur will get itchy lying there. What's you're name?" He glanced at his mom when she too approached, apologizing for some reason.

"Speech"

Esarosa

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Ehrgeiz

Famous
04-17-2016, 02:46 AM

Esa lifted her head instantly when she heard a voice, and someone approaching. When she looked up to see two unfamiliar wolves coming her way, she couldn't help but to sigh as she forced herself tiredly to her paws. Although her desire to not be alone was strong, she was also disappointed that someone familiar hadn't showed up. Conflict brewed within herself, but she didn't have the energy to act upon anything. She stood quietly as the boy approached her eagerly, his questions so easily portraying his young mind. Although, since he mentioned it, she did realize her belly had become itchy from the sand. So, she shrugged at him, slightly amused, a half-grin tugging at the corner of her lips. "I guess you have a point," she murmured, giving her coat a shake as she hoped to remove some of the sand.

When he asked her name, she supposed she might as well just tell him right off the bat. "Esarosa," she said curtly, wondering if he would tell his name as well. Now her gaze turned to rest upon the tall woman that had approached with, and was now apologizing for, her son. Esa shrugged her shoulders again. "No big deal," she muttered, as she looked the tall woman up and down, squinting slightly, "Have I met you before?" Something seemed familiar about the lady, although she couldn't place a name with the face. An image of whales dancing in the ocean off the shore of a beach floated through her mind - was that where she'd seen this wolf before?

It could just be her eyes playing tricks on her, or the loneliness she felt was just pleading to know someone. Shrugging yet again, Esa looked to her paws awkwardly. Nothing felt right. "Well, anyways, are you just passing through here?" she asked, before realizing that the scent both wolves carried was pack scent. They belonged somewhere, although that place was not here.

"Speak" "Listen" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

04-17-2016, 11:30 PM

Her son bombarded the woman with questions, and as she stood there she couldn't help but feel like she had met her before. Avalon thought hard about, but she didn't want to say anything just in case she was wrong. However, when the ebony female voiced the question, she tilted her head a little as she wracked her brain for an answer. She'd met a black wolf before...this was the same one...it had to be. Flashes of memory surfaced as the woman talked, her voice too recognizable to forget. Oh! Whales! Soulsand cove! Of course!

"Yes, I remember meeting you before! I'm Avalon, I remember you from the beach." There it was. Esarosa was a kind soul from what she remembered. Her ears quirked at Esarosa's question, did she want to be alone? "Actually, I brought my son to teach him some tracking. But if you would like, we can go on our way."

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Dragon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

04-17-2016, 11:35 PM
The woman responded, getting up and he peered at her. She seemed kinda grumpy didn't she? Oh well, maybe they could still be friends. "Esarosa is a pretty name, I'm Dragon. Mom made me come out to this desert for a lesson but I hate sand, it gets everywhere! " He pouted and sat down as the woman looked at his mom, the two knew each other? Cool! He got to meet more of mom's friends! She knew everyone didn't she? Green gaze returned to Esarosa, wondering why she was here by herself. "Hey, why are you here anyway? Don't you have a pack or something?" The boy caught his mother's eye then, a stern look coming from his mom which made him shut his mouth. Oops.

Esarosa

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Ehrgeiz

Famous
04-24-2016, 09:37 PM

Esarosa focused on the tall, gray and white mother as the woman also came to the realization that they'd met briefly before. As she spoke her name and mentioned the beach, it fully dawned on her as well. No wonder she remembered whales and the ocean! "That's right, Avalon, you were telling me about the whales the time we met!" she said as the memory returned to her, "It seems like that was forever ago." Indeed, much time must have passed. She didn't remember if Avalon had even been pregnant when they'd met, but here she was with her yearling son, showing him the ropes. Esa shook her head when Avalon asked if she wanted them to leave. No, the company was good for her heavy heart, and she felt her spirits lifting slightly.

Now her attention quickly flashed back to the boy as he spoke. She smiled as he complimented her on her name. How charming for a young boy. "Thanks Dragon," she said with a wave of her tail, quieting as he chattered on with youthful enthusiasm. She chuckled slightly when he said he hated the sand. "As long as you keep your coat dry, the sand comes out pretty easy," she told him with a shrug, "I kinda like the sand, the way it moves easily under paw." Then he would ask her why she was here. "Don't you have a pack or something?" Her gut clenched, her stance drooping again as she looked away from Dragon and looked to the trees.

"I did have a pack..." she murmured in a quiet, wistful tone, "But everyone's gone now, so I'm alone again." Her emerald gaze glanced back to the boy, then to Avalon. She wasn't offended by Dragon's questions, but the sadness had returned as she thought about the disbanded pack that had left her homeless.

"Speak" "Listen" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

05-25-2016, 10:45 PM

A smile formed as the ebony woman remembered. She had enjoyed her company that day, but the memories had started to overwhelm her so she had suddenly decided to leave. "Yes! It has been a long time. Sometimes I don't realize how fast time flies." Her gaze shifted to her son, a prime example of how quickly time did pass them by. She sat down then, the sand warm beneath her but not uncomfortable.

She watched the exchange between dragon and the woman, a playful roll of her eyes as he complained about the desert. You'll thank me one day. She thought. And then he asked if she was in a pack, and Esarosa seemed to stiffen up before her body language changed. Avalon promptly leaned towards dragon and sharply nipped his ear, a stern look boring into him.

She turned back to the woman, apology in her eyes as she frowned. "I'm very sorry, Esarosa." She was apologizing for both her son's question, and the loss of her pack. Avalon understood, she'd lost her home more then once. She reached out to touch her shoulder, an attempt at comforting the woman. "I understand what it's like. It's not easy to lose your home." She wondered what she could do to help, and after a few moments it dawned on her. "Esarosa, I know it won't be the same, but...I plan on trying to claim one very soon. You'd be welcome to stay for however long you'd like." She smiled at her, genuine kindness in her eyes. The lady didn't have to accept the offer now, but at least she would know about it should she decide she wanted a break from the Loner life.

Art||Plotter

Esarosa

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Ehrgeiz

Famous
05-26-2016, 01:27 AM

The midnight-coated woman watched as Avalon reprimanded her son for his careless question, but she felt a little badly that she'd let her mood drop so obviously. It wasn't Dragon's fault that her pack had fallen apart - how was he supposed to know? Then again, one should always be careful of the questions they pose to strangers. As Avalon spoke, offering her apologies and a comforting touch, Esarosa half-smiled, appreciative of the kind words. The woman was certainly very motherly, something Esa had never truly experienced. She'd felt so low since Argead had disappeared, but it was nice to know there were always possible friends out there in the world, even in times that felt darker than ever.

She perked up as the other woman seemed to have a thoughtful look on her face, before she offered a possible solution. So, Avalon would lead a pack eventually, and claim territory as her own... and she was leaving the option open for Esarosa to come and stay. The small smile that had started upon her face began to grow, lighting up her features that had seemed so glum. "I really appreciate that," she said with genuine gratefulness, "It sounds wonderful... where will you be settling? I'm still holding out hope of finding some of my friends from Argead, but I'd love to visit eventually." If she knew the general area that Avalon intended to settle in, then she would be able to find it with a little exploring. She looked to the woman's kind eyes, glad she had met someone like this, and hoped Avalon had an idea of where her pack would make its home.

"Speak" "Listen" Think

Dragon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

05-26-2016, 02:54 PM
One minute he was sitting there waiting for an answer, and almost as soon as it was answered he felt a sharp nip to his ear. The boy flinched a little, green gaze sharply turning to his mom as he scowled as he was about to protest, but before he did he saw the way the lady had reacted to his question. He mumbled a sorry and stayed quiet as she and his mom talked. When his mom mentioned the pack she was hoping to start, he lit up and could barely contain the excitement. "Mom's thinking of moving up North where she said she was born, right mom?" He looked to Esa then, a wide grin on his face, "You should come with us!"

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

05-26-2016, 03:05 PM

She was glad to see that the ebony woman had seemed to lighten up a bit, and Avalon offered a nod at the woman's appreciation. What was she to do? Not help someone when they needed it? She couldn't remember a time where she ever refused to help someone, and she supposed it was ingrained into her. Her mother's nurturing side was catching up to her, but her father's protective side had always been there. But would his leadership qualities pass down to her? She would find out soon enough.

Before she could respond to her question, dragon had chimed in with the area, and Avalon nodded in agreement. "Mhm. I've decided on the Northern pines. It's where my birth pack used to be when I was a pup, and it seemed only right to continue where my father left off." Sure, it was a bit farther then most, but it was fitting for a home. Nobody liked the stifling summer heat, and she would take a blizzard over rain storms any day.

Art||Plotter

Esarosa

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Ehrgeiz

Famous
05-28-2016, 01:46 AM

As she awaited to hear an answer from Avalon, her attention was diverted to Dragon instead, as he spoke up excitedly. She smirked as the young boy exclaimed that his mother had decided upon the North, saying that she should come with them, before anyone else could say something. Her smirk widened, a slight chuckle escaping the woman. "Oh, I'll visit, I promise," she assured the boy, before turning to Avalon as the motherly figure explained exactly where they would be. Esarosa felt her gut clench again - so, the north it was, then? Right in the area she'd met her very first friend, someone she'd held so dear to herself, who now was gone without a trace. She wondered if she'd be able to set paw there without sorrow, but she knew with her new friends she would find a way to cope.

As she continued to listen, she was interested to hear that Avalon would be following in her father's footsteps, to create a pack in the very place she'd been born. It was funny, Esarosa had never done anything her father or guardians had told her to do; she had never felt inclined to do what they had done - well, so she thought. Little did she know, she had become just the same traveling tramp her father had been in his youth, and a hunter like the woman who had nursed her as a baby and raised her with her own litter.

"Alright, got it," she said with a confirming nod to Avalon, "I will find you in the north! I just have to find my friends... I'll let them know. Maybe they'll want to come with me! I promise, they're great, they won't be a burden to your pack! Thanks Avalon, and Dragon. I'll see you again!" With that said, Esarosa would take off across the sand, her paws kicking up sand as she sped off into the distance. The north was not exactly her favourite place to be, but if that was where Avalon would settle her pack, then she would go there as soon as she'd rounded up the wolves that had become dear to her.

"Speak" "Listen" Think