ardent

Fading Footprints

Spero

gems
size
build
player
08-15-2014, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2014, 02:50 PM by Spero.)
Queen of no identity

I always feel like someone else

Green eyes cautiously took in their surroundings as the pale wolf made her way to the new land. It was a risk, she knew that. Then again everything was a risk in at least some way, shape, or form. That was the problem with trying new things. Chances were it would always be risky but if you didn't take risks everything would stay the same. When things all stayed the same life tended to get drab and when life was drab it just wasn't living, was it. So she wasn't just trying something new but moving to a entirely new place. Would she regret it? At the moment she had no idea, although she certainly hoped not. Still, she wanted to start living and to do that she needed to take a risk. This was definitely a risk.

At first glance Spero couldn't help but notice that her new location looked nice enough. Yet at the same time it was... off. With each breath she noticed the things one would expect, old grass, warm earth, water, and the remaining traces of wolves who had gone through in days past. The knowledge that others had been here not too long ago was enough to make her feel a little nervous on its own. It was that little thing that she almost didn't detect, the thing that was only a tiny trace on the wind, that made her long white fur begin to bristle and her caution increase ten fold. There was no doubt that the faint coppery smell she caught was out of place in such a deceptively serene location.

Although she continued forward Spero began to unconsciously flatten herself closer to the ground with every step. Entering this place was definitely a risk. She just hoped it proved to be worth it in the long run.

A living myth[Spero Aecor]

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
08-15-2014, 11:56 PM

The battlefield was nearly as familiar to her as her own home. She couldn't count how many times she had been here in the almost year and three seasons she had been alive. As she padded across its bloodied surface she thought of the fights she had been in, her almost challenge, the huge battle training she had held with Bass's help, and, most recently, her father's death match... None of those things were the reason she had come out here today, however. Today she was in the search of wolves that didn't have a pack of their own to call home. Bevroren's ranks were thin at best and the only way she was going to fix that was recruit more members.

Athena padded at a comfortable pace, her walk an easy saunter. She was strangely comfortable in this place even though she knew many wolves were not. That became incredibly obvious when she spotted a fea a fair distance away that was practically crawling along the ground. Athena chuckled softly and picked up her pace just a bit so she could catch up with the clearly discontent fea. "It's not as bad as it seems, I promise," she said with a chuckle as she padded up along side the fea, giving her a soft smile. Coming around to face her, she went on to introduce herself. "I'm Athena, the Soeverein of Bevroren. Are you new to these lands?"

Speech
Thought

Spero

gems
size
build
player
08-19-2014, 02:49 PM
Queen of no identity

I always feel like someone else

She smelled her approaching company before she saw her. It welled up upon the wind, stronger than the traces of wolves past and all but blocking out those faint hints of previously spilled blood. Her eyes snapped in the direction of the aroma and briefly echoed surprise. The she-wolf she spotted appeared to be almost comfortable. Confusion washed over her. How was it that she could possibly be comfortable roaming around such a place? Perhaps her eyes were deceiving her. For all that body language was generally reliable it was possible to be tricked every now and then. Or maybe she was just the kind of wolf that was unmoved by such eerie lands. The thought made Spero inch just a bit closer to the land as she stared at the approaching fae.

While the wariness had initially been strong it dissipated quickly enough upon the stranger speaking. Not to mention that her demeanor was generally a pleasant one. Spero straightened herself up so that she was no longer practically pushing against the ground. A bit of that caution was there of course but it was now largely overshadowed by curiosity.

When she spoke her voice was light but tinged with the very interest that pushed her to speak. "Bevroren? I haven't heard of it... is this place part of it? It smelled... odd. Like plants and water but also wolves, lots of wolves, and blood. Old blood. The smell though, it lingers." Not that she doubted that Athena wasn't able to smell it herself. In fact she couldn't help but feel a little silly even as she was speaking. Yet she couldn't manage to keep the words from spilling out of her mouth. For all that the stranger claimed that it wasn't that bad it certainly managed to put her on edge. Still, that wasn't reason enough to potentially embarrass herself. It was an an attempt to undo any damage she may have done that Spero added in what she hoped was a slightly more dignified voice, "I'm Spero. And no, I haven't been here before. Or anywhere near here as a matter of fact. I am sorry if I trespassed on your territory without noticing though. I mean I didn't notice any borders but... I'm sorry. If I did cross something, I mean."

A living myth[Spero Aecor]

Athena I

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
08-30-2014, 12:26 AM

speech,

Athena let the stranger speak before attempting to explain anything, chuckling softly and giving a shake of her head as the fea apologized for potentially crossing a border. "No, no, this place is open to all wolves, although it is rare to find anyone out here that isn't looking for a fight. This is the Battlefield. It is where we come when we want to spar, challenge, go to war... Basically anything dealing with the art of fighting. While I've spent plenty of time around here I certainly do not own it so you shouldn't feel any guilt in being here."

She quietly sized up the other woman as she spoke, noting the name that she had introduced herself with. Spero. She was a good bit shorter than herself, but Athena had learned long ago that height did not always mean might. Haruka was one of the smallest wolves she knew and she wouldn't ever want to tangle with her. To top it off Spero's coat was a brilliant white, a color that would clearly go well in the tundras that Bevroren called home. Personality wise the fea seemed nice enough. Maybe not a fighter, but Bevroren was certainly in need of hunters and healers. She was young, but Athena was almost as young herself so she had no room to speak on that matter.

"Have you considered joining a pack, Spero? My home, Bevroren, is north of here, near the tundra. It's fairly cool and snowy most of the year so your white coat would fit in perfectly. My laws are simple. I only ask that you put forth all of your effort to keep the pack running smoothly and stay loyal to the pack. Of course showing your pack mates respect is important as well." She fell quiet, her split-tone gaze watching the smaller woman curiously. Would her offer appeal to her at all or would the fea go running?