Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
04-20-2016, 09:34 PM

Oh he was going to be in so much trouble for this.

It was almost out of character for him to slip past Fiori's lands. The key word being almost. Like any young child with a yearning to explore and learn new things he just absolutely had to know what was beyond the borders of his pack. It was early in the morning when he slipped quietly from the den. Their father was already gone, being the busy man he was, and he felt confident that he could get away with it for the time being. So with a grin on his face Lionel slipped off running as fast as his little paws could carry him.

Blue eyes were wide and eager the entire time as he trotted at an awkward gait towards nowhere in particular. He wasn't going too awfully far away so it wasn't like he'd get in that much trouble. Of course it wasn't going to be a string of mischievous adventures either but he knew if anyone found out he'd been gone on his own he'd probably hear it. He couldn't help himself though.

He really hadn't planned on going too far away from the borders to start off with. He'd traveled some distance from Fiori before he easily got distracted by an interesting looking bird. It was completely blue with a white belly and strange black markings on it. It eyed him warily before he made a jump at it with a wide grin on his face. He'd never seen one before but he wanted to play with it! The bird didn't think he was so amusing though and it screeched at him before taking off. Disappointed that he'd lost the chance at a new friend he chased after it (or attempted to really) and followed it until it was out of sight. He still continued to follow it thinking that he heard it's wings beating up past the canopy of the trees somewhere.

Still intent on finding the funny looking blue creature he wasn't aware of how far he'd really gone until the trees started looking different. Finally interested in where he actually was he paused for a moment to stare at the trees that looked so different than the ones at home. Momentarily forgetting about the creature he thought he'd followed here he padded farther along wondering what else there was other than weird looking white trees. His curiosity piqued as he came upon a circle of stones with water in the center of them. How on earth did they get there and what were those strange markings? He looked around for a second to ask an adult what they were before he remembered he was alone. Oh well. He stared back into the pool of water watching it shimmer. He was glad he came here. It seemed worth it for the time being.

Walk, "Talk" Think

[Image: ouBhbyt.png]
[Image: Hr8G61Z.png]

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - LesbianBeeventVolcano
04-21-2016, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2016, 04:24 PM by Nyx.)
Ásvor was way too far from home. She was used to the often inhospitable lands of the north, but with the changing seasons she felt a blooming restlessness in her chest. After some mental preparation, and making sure she'd had a good meal to get her through until she made the journey back home. She didn't have any goal in mind as to where she wanted to go - just somewhere new. All the stories of the gods that her mother had shared with them churned through her mind, reminding her of how much she didn't know, and how much she had yet to experience.

Though she was just a bit more than six months old, she was certain should could take care of herself, even though she'd never been far from home. The initial part of the journey - she'd crossed a river, and a strange blood-stained field - seemed easy enough. But as the day came to a close, and the sun disappeared below the horizon, she realized she felt painfully alone and vulnerable. Finding somewhere to sleep was not terrible difficult; she found a fallen tree and wedged herself under the side of it. Sleep didn't come easy, and she felt like she hardly slept at all when the morning sunrise tickled her nose and forced her into the waking world once again.

The next day's journey felt a lot less mystical. Finally she made it over another river - this one a bit more difficult to navigate. When she made it to the riverbank, she was drenched from snout to tail, and even a vigorous shake of her coat didn't rid her fully of the moisture. Feeling as though her mood was slowly fouling, and wondering if she'd made a mistake leaving home at all, she trudged onward.

Only the scent of a stranger arrested her from her aimless wandering. Quickly she shifted, turning in his direction. Though not the most outwardly social wolf, she was unaccustomed to interacting with wolves outside of her family, and the prospect of doing something new was pretty exciting to her. Determined to meet this wolf, her pace increased until he came into view. He seemed to be about her age. Slowly to a more reasonable speed, she headed towards him. Her attention was stolen only briefly by the strange, white trees that stood overhead, and the girl would tip her nose to the sky to watch them before turning back to the boy. "Hey you!"   she'd call out, in a silky sing-song voice, "What is this place?"   It looked very much like she'd just been for a swim, though her eyes were alight with curiosity and a bit of playfulness as she looked over the stranger, her tail flicking behind her.

Lionel

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
05-20-2016, 07:15 PM

Lionel wasn't aware that he wasn't alone until the sounds of "Hey you!" reached his ears. He turned around and the sight that met him certainly wasn't one he expected. He stood face to face with a girl that looked to be about the same age as him. She had a pretty white coat with reddish colored markings and dark legs and to top it off she had pretty blue eyes similar to his own. He would have thought she was pretty if he was interested in girls at his age. The strange thing to him that threw him off was that it looked like someone had tried to drown her. She was sopping wet from head to foot and it made him briefly wonder what she'd done to get that way. Before long it'd be too cold to go swimming, or at least he thought so, so wouldn't she get sick?

"What is this place?"

That broke his concentration. He glanced around for a second taking in the alabaster trees and the ivory stones before returning his attention back to the other pup. His shoulders went up and down as he made a shrugging motion the best he could. Her guess was as good as his. He'd never left the pack lands before this and even this small act of rebellion felt awful even if he really hadn't gone that far.

"I have no idea. I know of nothing past Fiori's lands." He cocked his head to the side. He was positive he'd never met her before, but she didn't have a familiar scent either. "Where are you from?"

Walk, "Talk" Think

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

06-06-2016, 07:43 PM
He took far too long to reply to her initial greeting, which made her expression sour instantly. Was it really that hard to just answer someone right away? Not that she might feel particularly pleased at the sudden, unwarranted arrival of another. Maybe she was interrupting something - she didn't really know. While she waited and he stared, she gave her coat another firm shake, sending water spraying in every which direction, slightly hap-hazardously. When she was finished, her expression had softened slightly, the vague annoyance giving way to easy curiosity.

Finally, he shrugged, and admitted he didn't know this place, or anything outside of Fiori's lands. What was a Fiori, she wondered? Her nose wrinkled slightly as she took a few long strides closer to him, looking him up and down as she considered. "What's a Fiori?" she'd ask quickly, deciding not to keep her questions to herself - even if she tried, it would leave an annoying, burning curiosity that she wanted so badly to sate. "I'm from the North," she explained, rather matter-of-factly, her head tipped upwards slightly as she regarded him. "From Yfir, actually. You've probably heard of us."  Asvor didn't know if he really would have heard of them, but it sounded good, and she figured it was a possibility.. even if a minor one. "My name is Asvor Finnvi, daughter of Katja and Laufey Finnvi." Maybe their family name would be familiar, at the least; wondering, she eyed him with a narrowed stare, her tail flicking where it lay behind her.

Lionel

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
06-14-2016, 04:47 PM

He missed the look of annoyance that crossed her face and Lionel simply watched her with a healthy amount of curiosity building up as she shook her pelt one more time. Water droplets sprayed everywhere, but the young boy didn't mind. His mind was focused elsewhere as he tried to figure out anything about her. He didn't know any other pack scents although he was positive she belonged to one since she had the scent of other wolves on her pelt. He made a mental note to ask his father later about the other packs on the continent.

She padded closer to him, looking him up and down as she did so, and Lio watched her curiously. Curiosity turned to amusement as she asked him what a Fiori was and he laughed softly and shook his head. "Fiori is my pack's name. My Dad, Leo Adravendi, is the King." His tone wasn't boastful, but more informational as he explained it to her. "We live in the mangroves not far from here." She went on to explain she was from the North and he listened as he tried to determine if he knew where she was from. She mentioned Yfir, said who she was and even named her parents but his mind drew a blank. He'd never heard any of it before. "I'm sorry, I've never heard of your family before." He felt kind of bad about it, but he knew it couldn't be helped. "I'm Lionel Arvel Adravendi." He introduced himself quickly, realizing he'd failed to say who he was so far.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

06-20-2016, 07:38 PM
IF I HAD A HEART I COULD LOVE YOU
Her slightly irritated features shifted quickly, softening considerably at his amicable demeanor. He was not confrontational, which pleased her, and he didn't seem to get defensive when she'd approached him so suddenly. An eyebrow quirked as she studied him, watching as he stared right back at her. She'd never met anyone so far away from home.. part of her had expected him to seem wild and foreign, but he seemed remarkably like her siblings. Only.. less tough. She was certain of it. Her lips pursed tightly as he answered her, explaining that Fiori was a pack, and that his dad was the King. Huh! Kinda like her mom, she figured. Interesting. "Hmm," she mumbled quietly, considering. Asvor hadn't spent much time thinking about the packs that filled the world, other than her own.

They lived in the Mangroves. Nearby. Her head swung to the side as her gaze searched about, as though looking for the area he spoke of, though she had no idea what Mangroves even were. "What are you doing here, then, Lionel?" The girl would probe with a slight furrow of her brow. "This place is pretty... weird." Her head tilted upwards, eyeing the strange trees with slight wonder.
IF I HAD A VOICE I WOULD SING

Lionel

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
07-07-2016, 08:49 AM

She didn't say much after he explained what Fiori was. That was okay though. He supposed it was the only thing that could make sense. They were only children and he didn't know anything about her family either. It made him wonder exactly how many more packs scattered the lands. He wasn't old enough now, and wouldn't risk straying too far from home like Alfie had, but he definitely wanted to go see them when they were older. Maybe he could convince Asvor to explain about her pack some time. She lived in the North so he was sure she could tell him about all sorts of things.

"What are you doing here, then, Lionel?" She'd question with a funny look on her face. "This place is pretty... weird."

He grinned softly at her comment. He supposed this place was a bit odd if you thought about it. How white the stones and trees were was abnormal enough. He hadn't even known this place existed before though. He'd wanted to explore without straying too far from home as he hadn't wanted to upset his father. He didn't want to be grounded either. So he'd just happened to come along this place by chance. The better question was, why was she here? Wasn't she pretty far from home?

"I got bored and wanted to explore some. How'd you end up all the way out here though? The north sound like it's pretty far away." Not that he'd ever actually been but it really did sound like it was a long way to travel.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

07-19-2016, 07:11 PM
IF I HAD A HEART I COULD LOVE YOU
There was a lot in the world she didn't know about - this brief meeting with Lionel had taught her that much. Her head buzzed, filling with wonder and curiosity at what lie ahead of her. Maybe not right now, maybe in general. Her gaze was steady as she stared at him, unblinking for an uncomfortable long time. Lionel didn't seem to waver at her intensity, or he didn't notice it at all.

"I wanted to explore, too." she answered easily, finally blinking as she glanced away. Her attention shifted back to the trees for a long moment.  "The stories tell me the most exciting things happen on journeys away from home. Thor went on some wonderful adventures." She was young, and naive - she knew little of cultures beyond her own, and she had no reason to doubt the faith she had been taught was not true fact. Her formerly somber features brightened, a grin parting her lips to reveal pearly fangs beneath. "Do you not wish to experience such things, Lionel?" Her words were almost playful, mischievous though too, and her tail flicked idly behind her where she stood.

IF I HAD A VOICE I WOULD SING