size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Athena I

Famous
04-26-2016, 01:31 PM

His eyes widened and he blinked with his mother assigned him to teach two of their members about defensive moves. He had never taught anyone how to do anything and he didn't know Razor or Bright Moon very well... But if his mother thought he could do it then he had to believe he could! He gave Arivae a nuzzle before he stood to move in an opposite direction from where his mother and Leo went, hoping Bright Moon and Razor would follow. He turned to face them both and put a smile on his lips while he sized them up a bit. He knew Razor had some health problems and he didn't figure Bright Moon knew much about fighting. That was okay, they could take it easy. "So do either of you know anything about fighting already?" If he could avoid repeating information they already knew he would. "I guess we should just focus on how to get into a defensive stance and then maybe I can show you how I would attack you so you kind of know what to expect in a real fight? I won't actually bite you or anything though."

Speak Thought Others

Razor

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Arian
04-26-2016, 04:51 PM

Self defense, Razor wanted to know if he could do it. His paws carefully carried him next to his cousin as they found a spot all to themselves. When the large male asked if he or Bright moon knew anything about fighting his small head looked to her. Then back to his large cousin. Not speaking he shook his head, too nervous to talk. After all he could only fail at something like this - but there was no harm in learning. He put a determined face on - trying to remember how his brother did it. Razor would crouch a little, placing his paws evenly apart. There was not so much he could know from watching in his drowsy states. As his tail leveled with his spine, he then looked up at Tib with his blue eyes.

"Would it be better if I just ran?" he asked in his gentle voice. He knew it was important to know these basic combat technique's, but he was afraid he'd use all his energy and not be able to escape when the time came. Yet still, Razor didn't want other wolves constantly having to protect him. He also certainly didn't want to lose his life. Making him look to the ground.

"Talk"

Bright Moon

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Ehrgeiz
05-25-2016, 09:26 PM
Bright Moon split off from the main group of participants in the spar training, following Tiburtius as he had been assigned to teach Razor and herself defensive moves. Her nerves clawed away anxiously at her. She was not a fighter, she had no idea how to defend herself or strike. As Tiburtius asked them if they knew anything about fighting, she briefly glanced at Razor, noticing his also nervous disposition, before looking to their instructor. She shook her head shamefully, biting her lip. She had never been taught to fight.

She perked toward Razor as he spoke up, asking if it would be better if he just ran. She had felt similar, but wouldn't voice it. Only once in her life had she truly tried to fight for something that was very meaningful to her, but she had been defeated and nearly died. She had lost so much that day, and her confidence had been absolutely crushed. She wasn't sure if she could do this, but she had to try. "If you can give me some tips, I'll do my best," she said softly, not knowing where to start with fight training - he would have to take the lead entirely.
[Image: zeB2pXm.png]

Tiburtius

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Athena I

Famous
06-02-2016, 09:46 AM

Tiburtius wasn't entirely surprised to hear that neither of them had any experience on the subject, but it did make it difficult to decide where to start. He scoffed a little at Razor and gave the boy a grin when he asked if it'd be better to run and gave Bright Moon a reassuring smile when she offered to do her best. "We're starting from the bottom then. Okay, I can work with that." He looked to Razor, saying, "Running isn't the worst option. If you think you can get away or, better yet, if you're close enough to somewhere that you can find help or get to safety then do it." It wasn't the advice he would give normally, but given that Razor wasn't in the best of health and Bright Moon seemed to be quite the timid wolf he would give them that option.

"But! If you can't get away and can't find help, then you'll need to know how to defend yourself. Half the battle is just not getting knocked over. Keeping your feet evenly spaced apart under you, spreading your toes, digging in your claws, and slightly bending your knees will help with that. You and stick your tail straight out as well if you'd like to help your balance, but sometimes it's better to have it tucked under you so your opponent can't grab it. It really just depends on where you are in relation to who you're fighting." He paused there for now. He didn't want to overwhelm them and he wanted to see how they picked up that much information. "Try doing that much and then we'll build from there."

Speak Thought Others