gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
keanai
05-09-2016, 01:47 PM
Imperium had disbanded. Lykos would like to say he was surprised, but he truly wasn't - he suspected its coming back when his mother and siblings left, and that too played a part in his indecision. Then he had decided to stay, regardless, believing that had he left the pack it would haunt him. He could not, under his own moral compass, leave Imperium and betray the loyalty and trust of it's members, following his family or not. So he stayed, stayed until Cascade made that fateful announcement that resulted in his journey up north, where he knew his mother's pack lay.

It was a bit of a trip (he really couldn't resist sight-seeing), but thankfully he remembered how to get there; skirting Yfir's territory and circling around, he found himself bordering the pines and the polar sound. The boy - now only two seasons out from reaching adulthood - tipped back his head and howled for his mother. As the call faded, he would stand at the border, a few feet away.

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantFamousChristmas 2019Treat 2019Promptober 2019
05-09-2016, 02:06 PM

The call that sounded was surprising. While she'd been saddened that one of her son's had chosen not to go, she understood why too. Lykos did not know that they weren't born in imperium, and she doubted that it would have mattered anyway, but then again her kids were always doing unexpected things. Like when she had chosen to ask them what they wanted, and Dragon said he didn't want to be like his dad...well, they'd never met him either. She only assumed that he perhaps thought it normal for a father to be around, like Valentine was around for his kids. Still, lykos had stayed because he perhaps felt some sort of connection with the pack, while the others didn't. She was more or less indifferent to it, having changed packs too often. She had her goals, and she couldn't wait anymore.

Large paws fell quickly upon the snow, amber gaze finding her son several feet from the border. A flare of hope settled in her chest at the sight of him. "Lykos, it's good to see you." She smiled at him. He'd gotten so big now, surely bigger then the rest of his brothers and even her. It made her proud to see them growing into fine young men. Amber gaze met blue, and while she didn't want to outright assume why he was here, she figured he would tell her.

"Speech"

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Lykos I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
keanai
05-14-2016, 10:56 AM
His mother did not take long to arrive, but even the short amount of time let a sliver of anxiety shiver through the boy. Would he be accepted? What was this pack even like? Did he agree with the values, the laws, the customs? He did not know, but he knew if he were to go to another pack with Imperium disbanded it would be seen, likely, as a betrayal to the family. His paws were tied; he had no other option other than this nameless pack of his mother's, whether he agreed or not with the ideals. It was not a position he enjoyed being in. It was, unfortunately, one he was forced to be in.

Blue eyes looked down on the familiar black, white, and orange form; he had grown taller than the rest of his family, and stood at a height that made him equal with the majority of the royal family of Imperium - or rather, what remained. A ragged sigh left him as his mother spoke gently, and he dipped his head in greeting. "To you as well," he murmured, the words surprisingly formal. He shifted, like a pup who was guilty of sneaking away at night to play, and he forced himself to still, to look at his mother directly. "Imperium has fallen." His voice remained stoic, though it longed to tremble; oh, how he hated his home falling apart! He did not wish to live here, in this place; he wanted his home back in Imperium. But where else could he go that would not compromise the familial bonds - though short - that he had?

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantFamousChristmas 2019Treat 2019Promptober 2019
05-16-2016, 08:00 AM
Her gaze turned slightly more serious at the tone of his short words. She knew he had been conflicted about coming here, but in the end she was glad he had decided to. She wanted her family together, she'd been so long without one, and now that she had her own she had grown very protective. Would they grow up with the same loyalty to family like she had? Or would they just go with whoever was stronger? It was a thought that plagued her with no end.

"I know. Your cousin told me." It was only a few days or so before that Rivaxorous had come by to share the news, and had she heard Cascade's howl, she would have gone. But she was in the north now, and was too far to hear them. Still, she eventually planned to travel that way and offer a home, or asylum to the former imperium wolves. Or at least, what remained of them. She stepped forward and nuzzled his cheek, amber gaze finding his as she tried to comfort him.

"Everything will be alright, lykos. You needn't worry about all of this at such a young age." She gently licked his face to try and reassure him, a small sigh leaving her. "Well, you're welcome here in Ivalice. You know that. And I know it was hard to make a decision, but I'm glad you came. I...really missed you...I guess I'm not ready to let my babies go just yet." She wore a sheepish grin then, ears flicking in embarrassment at the realization that she wasn't quite yet ready to let go. She still had a lot that she wanted to teach them, and she hoped they were as eager to learn as she had been at their age.

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!