gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
05-19-2016, 08:24 PM
Sparrow sighed, looking out into the water. She felt like she could breathe out here. She was away from everything. Even though it was hard to actually breathe, Sparrow felt much better being outside the pack for a bit. She sighed, sinking onto the warm rocks. As long as she stayed away from the chilly waters, the rocks still seemed to warm up nicely with the sun, despite the growing winter cold. She watched out towards the waters, letting them soothe her mind. Her eyes drifted shut, but she didn't sleep. Her ears swiveled around, still alert. She was resting, but she was ready. She couldn't be too cautious. It was just in case.

Tórnach

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
05-26-2016, 09:07 AM
With the birth of his idea, and the blossoming passion behind it, Tornach had decided to venture out from the moor and range further afield, searching for the best place to bring his dream to life. He had some vague ideas so far of what he was hoping to find - wide, flat grasslands with easily accessible freshwater sources was a start - but there were other considerations, too. He wanted to be sure.

This land did not seem like a good candidate, not at all. Still, he was already here, and he was curious to explore it further. He hadn't spent much time around the ocean, though he could remember having gazed out over it when his family had lived in the estuary before the war. That was a much calmer, more enclosed ocean though, what with the big island blocking much it from the peninsula. This was similar, the ocean tamed by the bay that hemmed it in, and as he swept his eyes over the sparkling waters he saw a spout of water from some large water beast. It was certainly a serene place, even with the chill of winter watering down the sunlight and seeming to wash all color from the land. All color but one small form, he noticed, his ears pricking towards the body with concern.

But a moment's observation was enough to relax him. Breath moved the fluffy chest, and ears were constantly moving so whoever it was was conscious and alert. He frowned though, as an errant puff of wind coming off the salt-scented bay carried a hint of sickness. He should see what was wrong. He silently berated himself for not having brought any herbs with him from the moor, though it would have been difficult at best to carry them so far.

He made his way further down the beach towards the resting wolf - a female not much older than he was, with the scent of one of the packs resting lightly on her fur over the sick-scent. He knew that scent - one of the two packs who had laid siege to Hellstrom. Not Ashmedai's pack, but the other one. He cautiously set himself to his belly a comfortable distance away, so that she did not feel crowded, and deliberately turned his gaze back out over the water. "It is beautiful here, for being winter," he said aloud, as though merely observing to himself so that she could choose to ignore him if she wished.

This character is equally proficient in both English and Irish Gaelic

Help keep my thread list updated so your thread isn't forgotten!

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
05-26-2016, 10:22 PM
Sparrow heard the other approach, coiling her legs beneath her in case she needed to escape. She looked towards him as he settled and made his comment. Sparrow's minty eyes scanned the area. It was beautiful. While other areas of water froze during the winter, this one seemed unfazed. It was always moving slowly, lapping at the shore with slow, lazy movements. A moment would seem to pass between the two before Sparrow hummed a response. She pushed herself up into a sitting stance, "Nice and quiet this time of year. I guess with Winter and all..."

Sparrow tilted her head back and forth as if to complete the rest of her sentence. Something in the movement made her sinuses run and Sparrow snorted them back into place without much notice. She was growing used to being sick, maybe. Okay, she wasn't but she didn't notice every sniffle. Her pink tongue lapped over the edge of her nose, "So, why did you come out here, then?"

Tórnach

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
07-19-2016, 09:45 AM
The girl agreed with him after a moment, before snuffling back mucus. The part of Tornach that was always a healer was concerned, but whatever afflicted her didn't seem terribly serious. A winter cold, maybe? She was a bit far from her pack considering her sickness, but the clean sea-breeze might be good for her at least. It would take entirely too long to travel all the way back to his closest herb cache to get her something, even if he sent Aiden back instead, so he carefully suppressed the guilt that came from not doing anything to help, because he simply couldn't do anything. "I can't help but wonder what it is like during the summer," he mused aloud.

Her question brought a slow smile to his muzzle, and he turned blue eyes to look at the girl since she seemed amenable to conversation. "I guess you could say I'm looking for a home," he rumbled softly. "This doesn't quite fit what I was hoping to build, but it is a soothing place to relax for a little while before I take up my search again."

This character is equally proficient in both English and Irish Gaelic

Help keep my thread list updated so your thread isn't forgotten!