size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Ehrgeiz

Famous
05-25-2016, 10:05 PM

It was good to travel again, to explore the lands freely, especially in this rather cold season. Sitting around in once place just made winter feel like it lasted forever. The humid smell of water filled her nostrils, and it wasn't long before Esarosa came to the edge of the land. Just like that, the trees ended and the land dropped off in a steep and dangerous cliff. The wide open sky stretched in front of her, and far, far below was the inlet. She let her emerald eyes scan over the scenery, in awe and terror all at once. What a terrifying, deadly fall it would be, had she not been really paying attention to her paw steps. She wondered what poor, unfortunate souls had taken the plunge before. She could picture prey fleeing wildly from the hunter, only to go careening off the steep edge and falling hopelessly - she supposed that many a predator had also taken the fatal tumble down.

Well at least that's not me, not today, she thought to herself, reclining onto her rump to merely look out over the wide expanse of water and cliffs. How fascinating, now how did one get from one side to the other. It looked like she had a long trek ahead of her to find the other side and continue travelling.

"Speak" "Listen" Think
[Image: JA7MsGH.png]

Shadow

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
05-25-2016, 10:35 PM
The winter was something Shadow was used to, due to his old pack being where the cold never seemed to subside. His eyes would close, taking in the cold as it bit at his nostrils as the frigid temperatures began to surround his coat. Though, he could sense his body's fur began to warm him slowly but surely. His crimson orbs would soon come across a dark woman whom he had not seen before. Her eyes were a rather beautiful emerald green which complimented her dark complection.

He wouldn't say a word though since he was never really the one to start a conversation due to the fact it was not in his nature to do so. As he looked down, he came across a large drop that almost seemed to have no end. The gods only knew who had fallen down the cliffs edge without thinking thus ending their life in one swift misstep. A small sigh escaped the brute as he looked to the sky, seeing bits of clouds beginning to engulf the sun, obvious signs that snow was on its way to the land.

Esarosa

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Ehrgeiz

Famous
05-26-2016, 01:04 AM

Esarosa only noticed she had attracted company when she heard the brute sigh, and she would look over curiously to see who had stopped carefully by the cliff's edge. Crimson orbs would shift in her direction - an eye color she hadn't seen very often in her lifetime. A fascinating color, as though the irises were filled with blood. She knew one other wolf with such red eyes, but she liked Steel's eyes much more than this stranger's, of course. She flicked her ears as she realized she was thinking too much, and realized she should probably greet this wolf. After all, he'd made his way over here, and even if he didn't say anything, he'd drawn attention to himself.

"Hey there!" she called out, padding over to the part of the cliff where he stood, placing her paws carefully as she did so, "Watch your step!" She waved her tail in a greeting as she stopped in front of the stranger. She looked out over the cliff's edge again, her eyes staring out over the water. "What a great view," she murmured, then glanced to the brute again, "I'm Esarosa, what's your name?" She'd paused in her talking to give the other wolf a chance to speak, wondering who he was and how he'd ended up here.

"Speak" "Listen" Think

Shadow

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
05-26-2016, 01:27 PM
Shadow would soon open his eyes when he heard the clatter of nails upon the ground to see the ebony woman that he had witnessed not even a couple seconds ago. His eyes shimmered slightly from the sunlight as he would hear her speak.

"Salutations," he would say formally to the dame. As he went to stand up his paw slipped slightly but he managed to move back without a chance of causing pain or worse to his body. He would look out to see the view when the woman spoke to him and he nodded his cranium in reply. As she spoke her name, Esarosa, he thought it was a rather unusual name as he nodded, finding the name unique. "My name is Shadow."

Esarosa

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Ehrgeiz

Famous
05-28-2016, 12:49 AM

Esarosa perked her ears curiously to the formal and unfamiliar greeting he had offered to her. "Salutations," he said to her. Her head tilted. She'd never heard the word before, but it was quite interesting nonetheless. She would remember it in future interactions, and use it to greet whoever she met next. As the male went to stand and his paw slipped against the edge of the cliff, her heart nearly jumped out of her chest as she drew in a sharp, startled breath, feeling as though she was about to witness the brute's death. When he caught his balance, a equal flood of relief filled her; she would not see someone die today. As long as nothing went wrong.

She watched the brute as he looked out over the view, nodding his head in a quiet response to her words. It seemed that she often attracted company that was quiet, wolves that spoke few words unless absolutely necessary. Not that it bothered her, she merely found it amusing, as she herself could be quite a chatty thing. At last he would turn to her and offer his name. "Nice to meet you Shadow," she said, "What brings you here? Personally, I'm just traveling. Honestly just glad I didn't walk off this cliff."

"Speak" "Listen" Think

Shadow

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
05-28-2016, 12:19 PM
The ebony brute pondered on the maiden's question. Supposedly he was running away from his emotions for some time, but that would probably cause the dame to ask him why and he really did not want to answer that question. His crimson gaze focused on the scenery before him for a couple more moments before answering to her.

"I just happened to come through these lands to get some fresh air. I am more of a nomad, or a wolf that travels and seeks adventure," Shadow kicked himself for saying that. So far, Maria was only focused on staying in her forest; he was fine with that nonetheless. However, he was more focused on seeing the world and perhaps even running a pack of his own. He'd never be like his old alpha that was for certian.

"Yeah, these cliffs can be dangerous," he would say, closing his eyes. He was more or less trying to relax and keep his spirits up, but that was a more definate rare occurance if anything.

Esarosa

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Ehrgeiz

Famous
05-29-2016, 01:15 AM

The brute would take his time in formulating a response, as though contemplating what he would choose to reveal to her. She didn't mind if he needed to keep some things personal - after all, they'd just met seconds ago. She wasn't going to pry at anything that wasn't her business. Finally Shadow would answer with a simple response; that he was a nomad, and he'd come to get some fresh air. Well, the land, despite its dangers, was certainly a good place for a breath of fresh air, from the trees and off the water. Esa nodded in acknowledgement of hearing him. "I also like to explore," she'd chime in, then would add, "But I'm not as prone to wandering as I was just a few seasons ago. I'm looking to settle soon, probably in the north for a bit, before I head back west and claim some territory of my own. Not like I'd stay in one place all the time. Gotta get out and see the sights now and then, but it's nice to have somewhere to go home to."

There she went again. Just when she thought she was going to keep quiet, she decided to say a little something, only for it to turn into a little rambling that no stranger would care to hear. Oh well, she couldn't help herself. Hoping he hadn't minded, or perhaps he had tuned her out altogether, she focused on his next statement. He mentioned the dangers of the cliffs just inches from their paws. She nodded vigorously in agreement. "Dangerous, but so beautiful," she said in a low tone, managing to keep her words to a minimum, "I wonder if there's a way down... you know, without falling to your death."

"Speak" "Listen" Think