Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
06-25-2016, 05:52 PM
Kaitlyn was now in Myriad, and the thought reminded the queen to see the chestnut-furred girl. She had to see her, ask her how she was faring, if she was settling in alright. She had become a bit of a worry-wart over her family as of lately, filling in the void of their lost mother. Tilting her head back, she called for her sister before settling back on her haunches, scarlets scanning the willow trees. A little part of the alphess' heart began to blossom again. The Agatsuma siblings were finally reunited, and the queen would go to all costs necessary to protect her family and keep them together for as long as possible. Her heart still ached for her mother, though with every passing day that she spent away from her - days that brought her closer to adulthood - she began to accept the fact that she wouldn't see her mother ever again. She could be dead for all she knew, and holding on to that strand of hope wouldn't do her any good. She had to let go and focus on leading Myriad.

Kaitlyn I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
06-29-2016, 08:19 PM

The nightmares continued to come and go, though after meeting the stranger outside Myriad borders she felt a bit better about them. Sure they were still scary, but Katie didn’t want to let them win. Didn’t want them to gain power over her. So she started to fight against them, her mind becoming a tool of strength slowly rather than weakness as she rested in her den. With the coldness of winter set about them it felt nicer to hide away as well... Hide away from the world and stay safe and warm. But she’d peeked out a couple times at least! It was just... Hard to get used to being around others again.

Hearing Zeph’s call brought a new stirring inside Kait however. A stirring of hope for this pack she’d become part of. Myriad... The pack name was different than something she thought her mother would come up with, but that was alright. This was no longer her mother’s pack. Though she longed to know what happened to the rainbow woman she was trying not to dwell on it and focus instead on getting better.

Paws lead her outside of the den and into the cool air. The winter was mild, but Kaitlyn was ever wary of the snows that could potentially fall from time to time. The promise of spring was on the breeze, however, and the girl hurried in the direction her sister’s call had come from.

The girl appeared quietly, sliding up beside Zeph from behind. She had not tried to conceal her approach, however, so it was likely that Zephyra heard her. Green orbs flicked to her larger sibling, a soft, yet happy whine passing her lips. Her tail was beginning to wag behind her, ears perked up on top of her head. Overall she looked happier than she had been when Zeph first found her... A bit more stable. “You called for me?”

""

Kaitlyn's current avatar is by Fox on Ardent. Stock is from CastleGraphics on DeviantArt.

Yoshiko

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
07-05-2016, 04:31 AM
The gentle patter of pawsteps, carrying a small, delicate body, alerted the alphess of her sister's arrival. Her cranium swivelled around for her scarlets to meet a soft gaze of moss green. Reddish eyes explored the rest of the girl's features - the smooth chestnut fur wrapped around kind eyes and lips curved in a smile. She looked better overall. Much better than that day she found her among the plains. A happy sort of whine escaped those lips as she approached the larger girl. Well, she never liked to address herself as 'girl'. It was childlike, certainly not fit for a queen. My, when had she grown so regal? "I wanted to ask how you've been settling into Myriad," she told her sister in a subdued murmur. "Have you seen Ren and Nixie around?" She hadn't seen much of their siblings either, and a part of her was worried for them. Ren hadn't attended Jackson's hunt or Riv's fight training. Was it because of her affair with Rivaxorus? Was that why he was shutting the world out? No, surely it couldn't be.

Kaitlyn I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-28-2016, 10:05 PM

Kait shifted a little as her sister asked how she had been settling in. “I’ve been settling in okay I think.” She said in a soft voice. “Truthfully I still need to meet Armai but... The nightmares and other things are not as bad now that I’m here.” The chestnut colored girl lowered her gaze guilty as Zephyra asked about their siblings though, shaking her head. She hadn’t seen either of them yet... But to be fair she hadn’t really left the den either.

“Not... Not yet.” Kaitlyn frowned a little, lifting her gaze back to Zeph. “I’ve been... Kind of isolating so far... Trying to get to feeling a little better before I interacted with others. I’m sure I can face Armai now... And she’ll help me get better, right?” The girl lifted her gaze to the sky, giving a little sigh. “Zeph...?” Katie’s tone had taken on a more gentle note.

“Do you think they’ll want to see me again?” She was a bit worried about interacting with her brother and sister after all this time. Were they mad at her? Would they be glad she’d returned? “...they way you ask... Have they not been very active around Myriad?”

""

Kaitlyn's current avatar is by Fox on Ardent. Stock is from CastleGraphics on DeviantArt.

Yoshiko

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
07-29-2016, 10:10 PM
The girl had been settling in 'okay' - not overly reassuring for the queen, though better than seeing her struggle with the change. She was trying to adjust herself, and Zephyra would give her plenty of time to do so. Only when she felt ready would the alphess place the girl in her desired field to start building her skills. Baby steps were important. First, they needed to sort out those nightmares of hers. A look of concern spread over the larger female's features. The word brought a shiver - nightmares. "I'll ask her next time to see you. We'll get it sorted out, don't worry." An upward curve of her lips, not entirely a smile. She looked away when it faded from her features. What if it couldn't be fixed, this mental sickness? The effects could be irreversible, just like what happened their mother. Ears flicked at the sound of her name and she looked back to her sister, clearing her mind of the girl's condition. "You mean Ren and Nixie? Why wouldn't they want to see you? We're all together again." Another almost-smile, ignoring her sister's remark on their siblings being scarce in the pack. Nixie was pulling her weight, at least, though Ren she wasn't too certain about. Who was she kidding with the lies that escaped her lips? Like reassuring her would actually make it better? She was probably doing more harm than good.

Kaitlyn I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
08-06-2016, 05:12 PM

Kaitlyn gave a small nod, feeling confident next to her big sister. They would sort this out together, as a family. Her ears twitched, gaze thoughtful as she looked across Myriadian lands. She hadn’t noticed her sister’s smile run away, nor did she sense the worry that Zephyra held for her and the condition she had. It was irreversible, as Zeph feared, but something that Kait could learn to live with and manage. It would take time, as all things did. Her green gaze shifted back to her sister, giving a bit of a sad smile.

“Well... I did kind of just poof on Ren when he had a lot of weight on his shoulders. I dunno... I guess I’m worried he’d be mad at me.” She pressed her shoulder against Zeph, drawing comfort and support from her black and green furred sibling. “...and Nixie... Haha, I guess I’m worrying for nothing, huh?” The young girl was oblivious, smiling warmer than before. They were together again... Save for their mother and father. Not that Nako had been around too much to begin with.

“Zephy? I know you’re gonna be busy with the pack and all but... I want to hang out more than we did when we were little, okay? Best we can? Promise?” Kait kept her gaze focused up on her larger sister, tail swishing slowly back and forth.

""

Yoshiko

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
08-09-2016, 04:51 AM
It hadn't occurred to the alphess just yet, though perhaps this sickness of her sister's wasn't able to be cured entirely, its effects reversed. There wasn't a herb in this world that could heal a mental illness. Maybe it was something her sister would have to live with for the rest of life, though that didn't mean she couldn't learn to manage it. Who knew, maybe after making a few minor adaptations, Kait's life could improve, living with her sickness.

A frown furrowed her features at the mention of their brother and the "weight on his shoulders". What kind of weight? Was this some unresolved problem burdening Ren? How come he hadn't told her? Well, she hadn't yet talked to him since Myriad's formation, and that was a fault on her part. But still. Maybe she wasn't distributing her time too well. It seemed she was always thinking about the pack, not to mention Rivaxorus, that family always seemed to fall second. Was that ideal? She didn't know. "I'll try," she told the smaller girl, the same promise she had promised her other sister. Could she keep it, for both of them?