size
Small
build
Light
player
08-09-2016, 03:02 AM
the colors of my life
are painted in black and white

She had absolutely no idea what she was supposed to do.

She'd listened as Xephyris had given some pointers but it was all a bit lost on her. The gray little healer had never really fought a day in her life and hunting hadn't counted either. The most she'd ever caught were rabbits and those didn't fight back. So unless running into trees and cursing at them counted so fighting, she was far out of her league. So when she'd been paired up with Jackson she felt an insane amount of nervousness rise in her gut. This wasn't going to be a fair fight and she felt bad for Riv's brother. How was he going to learn anything paired up against her? She surely wouldn't offer a challenge whatsoever.

Regardless of how she felt she knew she had to learn one way or another so she broke off from the rest of the group to find a spot she knew she'd do okay at. At least the meeting had been held on the beach so that made it relatively easy for her to find a flat sandy spot to stand. She paced around in an area to get a feel for it before she took a stand with an ear pointed towards her sparring partner.

She'd start by thinking of what Xeph had said as it echoed in her mind. She'd lower her head and tuck her chin while her ears fell flat against her skull. As silly as it felt she bunched the skin of her neck too to let the fatty layer fold and let her legs space out evenly. Her toes splayed in the sand, needing all the traction she could muster, and her tail tucked between her legs. She didn't plan on attacking first so she decided to protect it in the mean time unless she needed it later. She felt ridiculous so far, but she snarled her face up and narrowed her eyes as the skin bunched around them. Her guard hairs rose along her spine and all the while Armai just felt goofy. All of this felt strange.

"I wanna say I'm doing this right." She'd say uncertainly to Jackson. "But I suppose this is as ready as I'm going to get, so I guess attack me?"

[Image: fbq5Y6n.png]
[Image: Cri2E5V.png]
Armai has a female snow leopard companion that goes by the name of Nox. It can be assumed that she is always with Armai unless otherwise stated.