size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
08-25-2016, 10:05 AM

This summer was becoming more and more of a problem as he went through it. The heat beating down on him and his wounds - at least they weren't so bad as to where he couldn't walk. His side was just in pain with fur missing and it crusted over. Luckily with Armai treating his wounds they would all heal with just a little bit of time. Rivaxorus didn't want to spend his days just laying in his den though, so his paws had carried him over to the beach. He could clear his head here, that way nobody he knew currently would talk to him. At least he was hoping he wouldn't run into anyone he previous knew. He was tired of feeling like he disappointing wolves - and he didn't want them to be sorry for him either.

Toes spread on soft sand as he trekked across the shore. Letting out shallow breaths to make sure he didn't reopen his wound on his left side. He wouldn't be moving very fast either - that was another thing. He hoped no wolf who would harm him would show. Rivaxorus could still fight, but he hardly thought he'd be at his best. After all, as soon as he was healed he would need to get stronger. Stronger and fast, never did he want to be humiliated like that again.

"Talk" "You" Think

Hadrianna

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
08-27-2016, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2016, 07:13 PM by Hadrianna.)
ooc. navigation: explore obsidian beach
intellect: meet someone new

THE WIND BLOWS LOUDEST WHEN YOU'VE GOT YOUR EYES CLOSED
the heat here was overwhelming. it chokes the long-furred girl as she stumbles across the beach, tongue lolling out the side of her narrow jaws. she's spent the morning running - as she has been for the last weeks - only this time, it seems as though she's finally found... something. someone. her paws skitter across the loose stone, surprised at the crunch of the ground rocks rather than the soft sand she was expecting when the salty tang of the ocean hit her nose - she's seen the shore before, but never something quite like this. it shocks her enough that she rocks to a halt, sides heaving as she hangs at the precipice of the beach, brows lifted over her november-blue eyes, wide with interest. they sweep across the bay, dancing along the peat-black stones, the white-capped waves, before settling on the creature emitting the vague scent of blood and wolf. the sun reflects against the broken up gems at their feet, shining back on the stranger as he carefully paces along the shore, and hadrianna shifts uncomfortably, eyeing him with a mixture of want and suspicion. he's alone - and if the injuries along his side are any indication, he's not in fighting prime; but hadi would be a fool to think him harmless, even with his wounds.

swallowing a shouted greeting, the socked she-wolf lets herself tumble over the obsidian dune she was perched on, unhurriedly - but determinedly - after the man. she makes no attempt to mask the sound of her approach, going so far as to even clear her throat as she comes within a few feet of his backside. she angles towards him, a wide berth, in case he should retaliate, but makes to keep pace with his slow amble. "think it's smart to get salt air in that?" she rumbles by way of greeting, canting her head slightly to the side and crinkling her blue eyes at the edges with a faint smile.

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
08-28-2016, 04:55 PM

Rivaxorus thoughts were interrupted by a woman. She spoke to him from behind and that already made him suspicious. On edge he eyed her and turned to face the female. Though he knew she probably didn't mean any harm, it was just his way of feeling more comfortable. After being beaten by a smaller wolf - for the first time in a real fight. He was much more wary of where he was going to be. "It's better than stagnant air I suppose." he said out loud. A smile crossed the male's face though.

"It's nice to meet you Ma'm. I'm Rivaxorus II, my friends call me Riv." his friends. What an odd thing to say and something he didn't think he'd learn to say. He was glad that he had done at least that much in his life. His tail would rest over to the right, as his two different colored orbs watched her.

"Talk" "You" Think

Hadrianna

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
08-28-2016, 07:56 PM
THE WIND BLOWS LOUDEST WHEN YOU'VE GOT YOUR EYES CLOSED
there's tautness in his motions as he startles, turning to face her. abruptly, her motions come to a stop, paws digging into the black sand until it gets between her toes, irritating and impossible to ignore. she's caught between shaking one dainty wrist, worrying at the grit in her pads, and keeping her bright eyes on the flighty stranger ahead of her. it never occurred to the youth that she could frighten him - after all, she's never been the scary type. in the past, hadi would have been the one shirking away from others, flattening beneath their gaze and skittering from their touch. it's almost amusing - almost - but there's something of a wounded expression in his gaze, in the guarded way he watches her. she knows the look ( she's worn it, after all. ) and it hurts her to think she could give such feelings to someone else. almost cruelly, she twists her lips in a mocking smirk and drops her head, easing a step to one side, away from him, and fighting the urge to simply leave.

he seems comfortable enough after facing her, though, that she hangs out, ears twisting back in discomfort atop her narrow head. "nothing's worse than stagnation," she agrees quietly, suddenly, tipping her head back and exhaling loudly. the salt air brushes against her face as she thrusts it out into the wind, letting her eyes slip close and rolling her head from side to side to work at the tension singing through her shoulders. it's been a long few weeks, by the gods, and it feels good to have a living, breathing someone hanging nearby. but, oh; she forgot what it was to be social, to have to fill the quiet spaces and blank moments with something.

his name flows from his tongue, quick and without hesitation, and again that smile splits her lips, flashing her fangs in a sardonic way. there's bitterness tinging the edge of the expression, a little bit of self loathing, but she lets her eyes blink open and her head drop so she can peer at him from one, jaw tilted down, now, and away from him. "guess i'll call you riv, then." she says, simply - if he was giving a name, then she'll treasure it for the secret it is. her own name sits heavy on her tongue, weighing it to the inside of her mouth and she catches her lower lip in her teeth, worrying the already shredded flesh as she regards him with equal parts interest and mistrust. "are you all always so quick with names, here?" hadrianna says, finally, letting a soft sigh escape her. "are they all... worth knowing?" she can't imagine a world where everyone knew your name - or even cared to - and she can't imagine a world where that would be good, at any rate.

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
08-31-2016, 10:21 AM

Well that was a first. He supposed there was a first for everything though. Never had he been asked such a question, it raised his suspicions a bit but then he actually had to think of an answer. This must have been someone foreign - it indeed was how they exchanged words to easily. Names... maybe in the long run someone would remember them. Rivaxorus was at an honest lost for words for a second after all just simply expecting her to share her own name was probably naive of him. "I guess by now it's a habit, I've never met anyone not willing to tell me their name." Rivaxorus said. "And to whether or not they're all worth knowing I think they are. Even if they may just be some sounds to identify each other by they're interesting. Besides I never forget a name told to me - it feels insulting if I forget it." Rivaxorus let his tail flick for a moment. He hadn't expected this conversation to take that turn but he supposed that was just it.

"Are you new to Boreas?" he asked as he tilted his head to the side. She must have been if she asked a question like that one. Rivaxorus was interested, very interested. At this point learning from everyone and everything around him was a huge deal. After losing Myriad he was left with not only wounds but those left on his pride that he had to gain back one way or another. Perhaps he was a bit soft, and he hated that fact a slight bit.

"Talk" "You" Think