Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
09-11-2016, 08:19 PM

When Karabela was ready, Qualm had called her over to the small makeshift den he had made. A large cave, because he know that they would need a communal den for healing. For now it didn't look like much, considering he planned to gather some moss and furs so that wolves didn't have to lay down on the stone cold floor. It was also only stored with the basic first aid things, which lucky for him was all Karabela needed for the time being. In his spare time he was always studying, his adventures alone had been exciting as well.

Qualm shuffled through his herbs, cobwebs, mint, honey, poppy seeds and some feverfew. That was still quiet a catch. The moss around the area naturally would be a huge help to. Seeing as pools of water were not uncommon to be found among these rocky mountain edges. He had told Nah she could go and play just to be careful and to NOT leave pack lands unless he was with her. He was trusting her and if she so wanted it she could stay in the den he devised for the two of them in a nestled safe part of the maw.

"Talk"

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
09-13-2016, 06:22 PM
I SEE ANOTHER MOUNTAIN TO CLIMB BUT I GOT STAMINA

With the rest of the initial pack matters taken care of Karabela turned away and yawned, her head drooping, her limbs felt heavy and the deep scratches that adorned her left front leg were throbbing. She hadn't realized she'd felt so tired. The Chieftain wanted to just take a nap but she knew she should get her leg treated. It wouldn't do to come down with an infection just as she was trying to get Ivory Ridge started. Qualm called her over to his makeshift den. She whistled and winked at the man. "Good choice! So uh…. what all do you need me to do. It is easier if I stand or lay down?" Karabela had been a bit of a notorious hellion as a kid and she'd rarely had any of her injuries treated, not even the ones from the siege but she'd been lucky enough to only get scratches here and there. Probably a sign that her luck would change. She really needed to start taking better care of herself.

"Speech"

[Image: qqwoqe.png][Image: karabelas_by_nnightcrawler-dais5gp.png]
[Image: k1dtly.png]
I'll take my throne, lay it on a mountain and make myself a king

Qualm

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
09-13-2016, 07:14 PM

He would be prepared, a smile on his face as she noted his placement. A small laugh escaping his lips as he sat down for a moment. "It'll probably be easier for you to lay down." Qualm told her as he went to get a little closer to her. He would have to look at the wound before he really treated it. Besides it gave them an opportunity to talk. "You must be tired." the male commented.

"This may not look like much now but I plan to gather furs and moss to cover the ground, makes it a lot more comfortable for patients not to mention potential mothers should there be any." Qualm explained to Karabela. He knew they were made to be strong, however he knew when someone was sick or injured - it sucked if you didn't have any pain tolerance.

"Talk"

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
09-25-2016, 09:19 PM

Stretching her back just a bit Karabela slowly lowered herself onto her belly, stretching her front legs out until she was sitting like a sphynx. Her tail wrapped around her left hind leg as her gaze turned to the opening of the den for a moment as she took in the silhouette of dark rock against light sky. This land was haunting but beautiful and she hoped the others wouldn't be to offput by it. Karabela nodded at Qualms words. "Sounds like a good idea to me. I'll mention it to my niece. She is anxious to begin hunting and I'm sure having the healing dens lined with fur will be especially nice before winter comes. The one downside to the stone caverns is the coolness of rock." Although she supposed rock would not stick in wounds like dirt would. "We can also probably do some trading for extra furs. I plan to scope out some of the packs that are dwellling in grassland areas and see if perhaps I can hunt down some bison hides."

"Speech"

Qualm

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
09-28-2016, 08:49 PM

The male would smile as he settled himself in front of Raba. He would delicately take a look at her paw, from what he had noticed earlier was it wasn't that major of a wound. A small cut probably inflated from whatever she had torn it on. It was an easy fix and she wouldn't have to rest it - after all he just worried about her. He didn't now why Qualm simply did. "If the trades need any herbs I'm rather good at collecting them in hard to reach places." he nodded his head as he went and grabbed a marigold flower.

Moving over to Raba he would start to tear a petal off delicately and place it onto her paw. "I'd like to help in any way I can, not just with healing though that's my strong point." His two different colored orbs looked at the alphess. "Thank you Raba for letting me be here." his tail wiggled just slightly. "You're paw is going to be fine, seems like you just cut it a little. I'm going to leave the marigold on it for a bit and then all you have to do is keep it clean. Which is easy - just dunk it in some water from time to time." As small as the wound may have been - if something got infected it could fester and become a bigger problem.

"Talk"

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
10-01-2016, 01:33 PM

Autumn was around the corner and the air in the cave was cool. They would certainly need to stock the dens with hides to keep the space warm and inviting for the injured as winter moved in. She had no doubt that the winters would be rough here and the pack would have to work double time to be ready. She hoped her niece was up to the task. The girl was a young hunter and though somewhat inexperienced she was clever and a quick learner and Karabela felt better knowing that Tonrar also had experience as a hunter and could help shoulder some of the burden.

Karabela nodded to Qualm as he mentioned his skill at finding herbs. "That would be excellent. I fear it will be difficult for us to gather a good amount of hides before the first snow so trade will be particular beneficial." Rare plants was also one of the reasons she'd selected Fenrir's Maw. There were rare and difficult herbs to find here, some that might only grow in a few select places in Boreas and so they'd be that much more valuable.

The Chieftan smiled. "Thank you Qualm for joining me. I couldn't very well have a pack all by my lonesome and I appreciate you giving me a shot as your leader." Qualm would inform her of his methods as he moved to treat her wound and she would nod at his instructions. "Will do!"

"Speech"

Qualm

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
10-07-2016, 05:24 PM

Qualm would chuckle lightly at her thank you. It was nothing really, he knew that he had needed a change and Karabela had been his opportunity for that. To break away and grow. To think of it now he had an apprentice and a daughter and he was only merely two years old. "I'll always gladly stay by your side Karabela. You're young, beautiful and intimidating. I want to help Ivory Ridge prosper for many generations just as Abaven has." He sparkled a bit. After all this was what he was meant to do. At least what he thought he could do.

"If you need anything done or something don't hesitate to ask. Even if it's an ear I need to lend for you to speak your frustrations that's fine. " In all honesty he wouldn't mind even if Karabela never noticed him. She was a fine soul but he didn't know much about her and her past. Luckily for him he hoped to one day learn all about that.

"Talk"

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
10-22-2016, 10:27 AM

Karabela watched Qualm work with amused curiosity. Most of what he was doing meant little to her as she knew so little of the healing arts. It often seemed like magic to her though she knew there was a rhyme and a reason to it and so she'd pay close attention as he worked, taking in the peculiar herbal scents and motions. As a Chieftan she would need to make herself as aware of the other arts as possible. She couldn't be just a warrior. She had to be a leader. Karabela laughed at Qualm's words not out of disrespect but towards a sudden rush of self-consciousness. It was strange to hear those kinds of compliments aimed at her. Most compliments she received were about her skills in battle and little else. She would nod firmly though at his mention of helping Ivory Ridge prosper. "Me too, I hope to keep it going as long as I'm able." She didn't want Ivory Ridge to be just a sneeze on a map, a blip in history, a twinkling spark that flickered out soon after shining through the dark.

Raba mulled his offer over. Despite her amiable nature she was quite private about her past. There were things in her life she doubted she'd ever be able to share and the stubbornness that ran in her blood insisted she deal with them herself. She wasn't sure why, probably to prove something to herself? But, the rigors of alphaship were still new to her and she was sure there would be moments when she'd need council. "I appreciate that Qualm, thanks! The same goes for you, you know. I don't want to be just some figure head. If there's something that's bothering you or you ever need to talk I hope you know that you can come to me."

"Speech"

Qualm

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
10-22-2016, 05:40 PM

Hearing the girl talk just made Qualm smile. Genuinely happy as he started to put his herbs away in their respective places. His black tail wagged behind him and the male made sure to look back periodically so he made eye contact so she knew he was giving her his undivided attention other than placing his things back where he thought they should go. Her last set of words made his heart throb a bit. He hadn't interacted much with other wolves and those who showed him sense of respect and loyalty were wolves he held dear anyway.

"It would be a pleasure." Qualm responded as he dipped his head. "You're free to go I wouldn't want to keep you from your alpha duties more than I should. I'm probably going to explore the nearby lands for some herbs as well while I'm at it. I should find Nah." he thought out loud a little bit. Also just letting Karabela know he might be out and about outside of pack lands. Unless she protested of course.

"Talk"

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
10-27-2016, 08:19 PM

Karabela got to her feet and stretched a bit, testing the wound and pleased to find that the pain had subsided. Good. She needed to be steady on her feet as there was still so much to explore! The eastern portion of the maw was looking particularly fruitful but she had only just begun to explore that area and hoped to get a few could trails mapped out in that region before the winter snows came. "Sounds like a plan, Qualm! Thanks for the help, I wish you and Nah happy hunting." She'd dip her head before slipping out of the healer's den and making a beeline to the east.

-exit-

"Speech"