gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser
09-12-2016, 12:06 AM
The scorn of the moon nmakes her way overland, finding herself in this place or that. There's something that she can do, anything that she can do, to take control of her own life. Her own future. There's something unstoppable about the force that takes hold of her. An unstoppable force, and she didn't have her immovable object, so there was nothing catastrophic in the cards for Selene in the cards yet. The scorn of the moon was free to be her own person for now. She's always been in her own way.

The sea plane is beautiful, and in the summer twilight, she wants to explore. She needs to find something. Needs to find a place that makes her heart sing. Then again, Selene's heart usually sings. It's a good day that she can take to a marshland like this, splashing happily in the shallow waters. Salt water, with fish nearby. So many fish. There's a wag to her tail. What a good day.

Selene stands stock still, looking down at the water, letting it still around her legs. Fish. There they were! Not so carefully, the scorn of the moon crashes down where she presumes the fish was. All she comes up with is a mouth full of salt water, but she's laughing. She's more than laughing, tail wagging wildly. Against she tries, again she fails, and again she's enjoying herself. What a wonderful day.
selene
the scorn of the moon
by jake help from russ

[Image: PeVC6RS.png]

Lionel

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
09-14-2016, 10:52 AM

Lionel was beginning to find his wandering legs. While he didn't travel far from home very often today was one of those days that he wanted to see something new. Making sure there wasn't anything important going on first at home, he then raced away to go see what he could find. He'd already learned that the world was full of things for those who looked for them and he was keen on learning everything he could.

He hadn't really intended on traveling far but it was certainly much later when he reached the ocean even though he'd left early that morning. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to expect. He hadn't assumed he'd find anything like Kennocha lake where the ice glowed whenever you walked on it, but this place had a different kind of allure to it. Cypress trees grew strong and sturdy where they could and he could already smell water yet it had a strange smell to it. He'd never seen an ocean before so little did he know that this water wasn't drinkable.

Splashing caught his attention and he followed the sound to see a dark female trying to catch fish. She seemed to not care that she wasn't being careful with it and he noticed she seemed to be having a lot of fun. She was so tiny too! He grinned before padding over to her with a friendly wave of his tail.

"No luck with the fish?" He asked her.

Walk, "Talk" Think

[Image: ouBhbyt.png]
[Image: Hr8G61Z.png]

Selene I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser
09-14-2016, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2016, 12:12 PM by Selene I.)

There's a creature with a cinnamon coat that approaches her. Selene considers ignoring him for a long moment, splashing after the fish. She likes the fish... not really, eating them so much, just hanging out with them. The crescent moon in her eye seemed to glint, along with the night's sky that was painted there. She is ice and he is fire, if we wanted the cliche. There's a stretch to her graceful limbs as she prepares to splash once more, graceful, elastic movements. A dancer. She's a dancer, and she tries a little too hard to be impressive. That's what happens when there's someone watching.

"They don't taste so hot, I just like playing with them." The scorn of the moon looks at the boy, splashing with her feet high. She's tempting him, taunting him with the cool water. Lowering her muzzle to the water, Selene sucks in a decent amount, and spits it like a fountain-- in his direction, into the air. It tasted awful but the result was so incredibly worth it. Tail wagging wildly, the starling is pleased with herself. "You wanna try?" She's dripping excitement. Brilliant in the sunlight as she is in the dark.

~Selene

Lionel

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
09-16-2016, 02:11 PM

"They don't taste so hot, I just like playing with them."

The girl would splash in the water and he'd grin at her. He'd never imagined playing with something that should be food, but if they tasted bad then he supposed there wasn't much else to do with them. Fish were pretty fast so that could make for a nice game of chase, right? Well it sure seemed that way. He'd never actually caught a fish, but there was always a first time for everything.

He'd eye her as she lowered her muzzle to the water and the next thing he knew she was spitting water at him. His blue eyes would widen as water splashed at his face and he laughed as he shook his head. "Hey!" He giggled with a feigned expression of insult on his face.

She then asked him if he wanted to try and he nodded. Padding over to the water he dipped his head like she had and went to take a mouthful of the water before he spat it back out again in disgust. That wasn't water at all! "That's awful! Why does it taste like that?" He asked, looking up at her.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Selene I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser
09-16-2016, 09:40 PM

Selene's face is absolutely alight as she plays with the young man. She's electric. There's a glimmer in her eyes, a brightness to it. She's absolutely fantastic in moments like this, bouncing in the water. It's as deep as her belly, being as short as she is. Her tail wags, silky coat drenched with saltwater. Everything feels lovely, and she's challenging the strange boy with nearly everything she has. Bright, bright as ever. It's actually beautiful. Bouncing and bright, the starlit tosses her head.

"Hey, I meant the fish, not me!" Selene giggles wildly, splashing at the stranger with both her front paws. Her eyes glimmer brightly, and she's full of life. The way that the light hits them, hits her coat, the night's sky in the middle of the day. "It's salt water, it's not for drinking." She winks. Selene outright winks at the boy before bounding to the side and then forward. Daring. Happy, goofy, and wiggling all over.

Honestly, it's another perfect summer day.

~Selene

Lionel

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
09-18-2016, 04:35 PM

Lionel would accidentally splash her and he grinned at her outburst. She'd splash at him with both her front paws and, forgetting the nasty taste of the salt water for a moment, he'd raise a paw to swipe at the water to splash her back. Laughing now he'd forget about the fish. So far his time with her was reminding him of the fun he'd had on the lake when he'd met up with Asvor again. This water wasn't frozen so they could enjoy it so he was happy.

She'd explain the water to him and he gave her a strange look. Salt water? Well he could definitely tell it wasn't for drinking. It was probably the worst thing he'd ever tasted. So he nodded and the next thing he knew she was winking. Blue eyes would stare at her with a wary curiosity before she bounded past him in a playful manner. Grinning all over again her whirled on his feet and then jumped attempting to make a giant splash that would soak the both of them.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Selene I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser
09-21-2016, 07:44 AM

She's brilliant and beautiful as she looks to the young man beside her. Splashing back gently, blowing at the water, giggling. Everything feels fantastic. All is right and good with the world. Tail wagging. Playing in the water, and then bounding to the side to get a better splash angle on the young man. It's then that he comes down, and Selene shrieks with laughter. It feels absolutely amazing. It feels so damn good to laugh.

"Who're you, anyway?" Selene's tail is high, head is high, racing circles around the cinnamon boy. Playing. She's so playful on these days and it feels... so good. Warm sun on her coat and cool water on her skin. All is well.

~Selene

Lionel

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
09-22-2016, 11:45 AM

He would have never imagined having this much fun with a stranger. His siblings were fun to goof around with, but it was nice to know it was okay to do this with others too. Usually he would have stayed at home. Since Leo had removed the Marquis rank and made his siblings and him all students he was more than excited to get under way with his studies. He wanted to figure out what he excelled at and then work towards a rank in the pack for when he turned two. He wanted to make his dad proud and he aimed to be helpful where he could.

"Who're you, anyway?"

His attention turned back to the female as she pelted him with the question. He felt almost embarrassed that he hadn't introduced himself yet. With a sheepish grin he watched her as she circled energetically around him. Raising up on his hind legs he came down with his front paws and aimed to splash her again.

"I'm Lionel. Who are you?"

Walk, "Talk" Think

Selene I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser
09-22-2016, 01:40 PM

So the thing about normal family units was that they have normal family structures. Abnormal family units? Well, there's no real leader. There's no real structure. There's no real learning. Sure, if you attach to one of the nursemaids as a young girl, everyone knows what you'll be. If you're always catching the small fuzzy things, sure, your fate is sealed. Well. The girl doesn't like any of those things. She doesn't like any of those things, and now it doesn't matter-- they don't want her anyway. They never wanted her, which was made clear by the fact that they didn't come back looking for her the last time she wandered away. An explorer by heart and a creature that didn't know the meaning of family, Selene was free.

Lionel. She likes the sound of that, and she responds by bouncing up on her hind legs and splashing back. There's a giggle, all bell tones and brilliance, resting in her throat. "'m Selene." She considers going on for a moment-- they'd called her starlit, they'd call her moonscorn. They'd called her dozens of things when she was small, but she isn't even so small anymore. There's something strange in her face as she catches her reflection, perhaps if she'd been a human girl it would have been a blush. "I'm new-ish here, in this place." But she won't say the words left behind, she won't say the word gypsy, she won't say the word wanderer. Those all feel so dirty. She's Selene.

~Selene

Lionel

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
09-23-2016, 08:52 AM

The boy paused as she splashed him again with the strange tasting salt water and he grinned before turning his head away so his face would be saved. She introduced herself as Selene and his attention would drift back to the star patterned girl. Selene. He'd never met anyone by that name before, but it seemed to fit her very well. So he grinned at her, waving his tail wildly behind him in that haphazard kind of way that indicated he was having more than his share of fun.

"It's nice to meet you Selene."

A thought briefly crossed through his head. He could imagine his sister enjoying Selene's company, or maybe Alfred, but then again he was having more than enough fun with her. A part of him didn't want to share her. It was a very tiny and minuscule portion of him, but it was there all the same. He didn't know how to feel about it. He generally was not a selfish wolf. Thankfully Selene's voice pulled him away from his own conflicting thoughts.

"I live in a pack in the East called Fiori. It's an awesome kingdom ruled by my Dad." He grinned proudly. "What's it like getting to go where you want whenever you want to?" He asked curiously. He'd never been a loner before so the thought intrigued him.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Selene I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser
09-23-2016, 02:33 PM

There's something near shimmering about Selene in this light. She loves it. There's a part of her that's fascinated by Lionel, but she won't bring it up. She won't say the words out loud. Another thing that she'll keep to herself, a bit of information that she won't let go of. Her small, elastic body wags all over-- tail to nose. It's ridiculous, but then again, so is she. She's always been ridiculous. She's always been weird. It's better that way. The moonscorn's glimmering eyes rest on the cinnamon boy for a heartbeat more than she means to, but her voice doesn't waver when she speaks. "Charmed," she stops splashing for a moment, watching the boy. He could have the lead for now.

The starlit refuses to use the words in awe, as those are reserved for things like the night sky on a clear night, or the northern lights. She holds those feelings at bay for the truly spectacular things in life. This is an interest, though. Rarely is the creature this interested on things that weren't learning or exploring. Rarely, but here she is, interest holding steady. Usually things keep running in her head, a constant stream, but it's quieter than usual inside her gourd.

A prince? Selene's head quirks to the side when he brings it up, trying to stifle a snort. The concept of royalty was so foreign to her, the idea that he was being raised by someone so busy-- did they even have time for children? "It's glorious. You can see everything if you want to, or you can just do nothing at all." She grins, tongue lolling out the side of her delicate muzzle. "Early spring, when I ah--" she falters, for a moment, not wanting to bother the boy. The whole telling someone your life story thing, it tends to be offputting. Still, Selene recovers. "When I was alone for the first bit, was a little rougher. I don't keep heat in so well, but it's an adventure." She tries to make herself sound like a brave, like a buccaneer, like someone who's tough as nails. She's trying.

"What's it like to have a ho--kingdom?" The girl lets the word home die on her tongue. You see, gypsies in her past life, no one had trusted them. No one had really let them stay in one place for too long, or the girl would dare think they would have taken a more permanent camp. Still, she's trying to keep her bold posture and her confidence intact. That was the goal, right?

~Selene

Lionel

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
09-25-2016, 04:46 PM

Selene stared at him for a moment longer before she ceased her splashing. He grinned wildly at her when she said she was pleased to meet him... in her own strange way of course. He didn't mind it though - it had a certain elegance to it that he liked. His own tail waved behind him though he lacked the same enthusiastic body wiggle that seemed un-tamable. He stopped splashing her for the time being as well and the grin never faded from his maw. He was having more than enough fun.

He hadn't missed her head tilt when he'd mentioned his Dad was the king of where he lived. His own head tilted and he couldn't help but wonder what was running through her head. most wolves tended to comment on it, but he was pleased that she was willing to answer his questions. So instead his mind roved to her answers. Her hardships didn't seem so awful compared to the world you got to view. Even with his brief outings from Fiori he'd been fascinated with the landscapes and the wolves he'd come across. Everything seemed so beautiful and he almost envied her ability to go where she wanted without ties to anyone.

He himself would never be able to bring himself to do it. The thought of leaving his family for his own selfish desires was unfathomable and in the end he'd probably live in Fiori the rest of his life. Naturally he'd leave when the thought of adventure and beauty called to him, but overall he was happy living with the rest of his family. It was peaceful, productive, and enjoyable to him.

"I'm probably a bit biased but I think it's wonderful. There's so many wolves you get to socialize with every day and with so many around there's so much you can learn from the adults as well. There's things to do and then I can still go wherever I want if I really wanna explore. I even have three other siblings to play and learn with if I want." He didn't mention his mother at all. He'd briefly thought about her and how he could have played and learned with her as well, but in the end it brought back bitter feelings that he shoved down. He didn't want to ruin his fun with Selene so he ignored them and instead focused on his new found friend.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Selene I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser
09-27-2016, 04:22 PM

Selene is a wild animal caught in the cinnamon creature's bear trap, and she's less than upset about it. Something about her holds her suspended in that moment, holds her waiting, breathless. How strange it was, but she doesn't seem to care. In fact, Selene is enjoying his company. Enjoying having someone else to be around, someone to exist in the same vicinity of. It had been a long time since she'd had the luxury that was company. Hell, it had been an age. A weird age. The passage of time is different when there's no need to mark it and no one to mark it for you. The lives of vagabonds were strange ones, and they passed in the strangest ways. They pass quietly in summer, loudly in winter. They rise and fall, and still to vagabonds, all they have is the unit. No borders to defend, but nowhere to lay your head. No dens to sweep and maintain, but no stored food or guaranteed dry place to sleep. Nothing is predictable, nothing is boring. Everything about being a wanderer is a double edged sword, and Selene even knows that now.

At the mention of learning things, Selene's eyes light up. It takes all of her physical focus not to cut the boy off as he speaks, not to streak off in the middle of his sentence. "They teach you things? You get to learn as well as explore? The adults actually take time with you?" Adults actually putting time into children? It was such a novel concept to Selene. It was such a strange idea, to have someone that would mentor or train. To have someone that knew things that wanted to pass them on? It's so strange.

"That sounds fantastic." Selene takes a moment to leap onto the riverbank, as most fo her has turned to a shaking mass of fur. She gets cold easily, even in the summer. She settles on the bank, tips of her toes still touching the water, taking residence in a large sunbeam. A bit of a shiver courses under her coat, cold. Fuck, she's actually pretty cold. Still, the warmth of the interaction and her fascination with the boy keeps her from being too concerned about it. The starlit is petite, her stars dripping delicate droplets where she rests on the sand. Nose on her paws, eyes on the boy's face. Part of it is interest in his words, part of it is open curiosity about who he is and what he's doing. Lionel. What an interesting creature.

~Selene

Lionel

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
10-28-2016, 12:34 PM

Lionel was a little put off by her sudden interest in learning and the questions she shot at him. Was it such a foreign concept to her? Of course packs were places to learn! He spent as much time with his dad as he could (he was pretty busy) but he'd also spent time with his aunt Amalia and the hunting lesson with Bright Moon, Aflie, and his dad had been fun too. He couldn't imagine how it couldn't be enjoyable. Why was she so surprised? Had she not had anyone to teach her things? It was an upsetting thought.

"Yeah! They teach us stuff. My aunt is really good with herbs and her wife is a great fighter. Bright Moon is great at hunting, she taught us how to catch porcupines, and my dad is the leader so he knows all sorts of stuff. They all help out with us."

It was fantastic! He really did love Fiori and everyone in it. He felt like he didn't get to see enough of his siblings now that they were a bit older, but it didn't bother him too much. He supposed they were all just becoming adults and he'd learned quickly that adults always seemed to have stuff to do. He was allowed to go places though so that made up for it at least.

He watched as Selene moved to the river bank and he stood in the water a little longer watching her. It didn't take him long to see that she was shivering, despite the summer heat, and he frowned. He padded over to her and stopped not too far away, suddenly nervous with the thought that had entered his brain. He had thought about laying down next to her to keep her warm, but he didn't want to invade her person space without her permission. He'd also never been that close to a girl before so he cleared his throat a little anxiously.

"I, uh, I can lay next to you if you want and help warm you up if you're cold."

Walk, "Talk" Think

Selene I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser
11-11-2016, 10:32 PM

The starchild is an eager, wild thing. There's something deep inside her that can't be changed and can't be fought. Can't be caught. Can't be held bac or held down, a strange one. So strange. She loves being strange, of course, and wouldn't have it any other way. The voice of an eager, wild thing. Never let go of the wild things, but don't hold on too tight. Wild things, you see, are strange. Prone to flights of fancy and fits of something brilliant. The starlit can't be tamed. Will never be tamed. Will never be caught or held or anything else-- just that, wild.

"That's crazy, woah," Her eyes glimmer for only a moment, some quick fleeting thought bringing a change. Only momentary. Only ever momentary, as the girl is a hard one to track or place or really anything else. Bizarre. Ever so freaking bizarre. Her tail wags, black coat glimmering as she drips crystalline. Water. Ha. Water was weird. The brazen child is enjoying herself, enjoying the company of the red boy. Standing against the world, it's nice to have the company for once.

It may be that packs are always a foreign concept to Selene, but that's okay. She'll be okay. No matter what, she endures.

He offers. She can't help herself. The starlit responds to the boy before she can think better of it. "That'd be nice," but she's shy. She's shy in these moments. It's weird, foreign as ever to the girl. Someone close. The creature has been alone for so long. Her breath catches, tail wagging softly. Right. Close.

~Selene

Lionel

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
11-14-2016, 07:00 PM

Lionel found her excitement and wonder over his pack enjoyable. It felt good to be able to explain the tight knit family feeling to someone that seemed to never have been apart of it. He felt rather proud of himself that he'd done such a good job with it and yet a small part of him felt sad. It was a nagging sort of feeling that was similar to an itch in the back of his mind. The fact that she hadn't gotten to experience any of that wasn't right. She was so nice! Surely she deserved it.

Heat rose to his cheeks and he was glad that he couldn't turn red. He was sure his entire body would be flushed with crimson by now. Still he'd made an offer and he was going to follow it through like a gentleman. So he padded over to her and laid down next to her letting his side rest against her back before he draped his head over her back. He felt pretty warm from the suns rays, but he was bigger than her too and retained body heat. Maybe he could warm her up better than she could by herself. He still felt shy and nervous nonetheless about it.

"Where do you plan on going next?" He asked her curiously, desperate to keep the conversation alive.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Selene I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser
11-22-2016, 12:31 AM

Something about her nearly vibrates with excitement, wiggling where she sits beside him. Wiggling softly. Curling closer to the red boy. It's easier that way, and he was warm. He was so warm, and it was so lovely to not have to shiver until she dried out. Yes. The cinnamon creature was gentle with her, and she was gentle with him right back. Closer, ever closer, with the idea that he was going to be beside her. What an idea that was. What a lovely boy.

"I'll keep exploring. I don't really know anyone yet, and that was the thing about the gypsies," the starchild sighs for a moment, realizing she's being annoyingly vague. "They always seemed to know someone, no matter where we went." Gently the girl speaks, resting her cheek against the flat of his shoulder. He's close. She likes close.

"What are your plans?" A lightness, a softness. The scorn of the moon looks to his face, genuinely curious.

~Selene

Lionel

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
12-04-2016, 07:03 PM

Lionel still felt a little awkward lying next to a girl. In his mind lying next to his siblings, Heather and Roza, was nothing like this. Selene was a bit of a stranger, but it was for a good cause. He didn't like the idea of seeing her shivering until she dried out so he swallowed the nervous feeling in his throat. This would be okay! So long as they kept talking and things didn't go silent he wouldn't have to focus on the fact that he was lying next to a girl that wasn't family.

Her words were a nice distraction and he felt himself calming down some. Gypsies certainly seemed to have their own special brand of interesting. He couldn't imagine traveling so much, being away from family, and yet knowing almost anyone anywhere they went. What would it be like to know at least one wolf from each place you visited? To him that felt like a lot of wolves to know - it was a bit overwhelming.

"I'll probably just go back to my pack. My siblings and I will be two come spring time and I'm sure there's a lot more training sessions to cram in before then. Now that I say it though I suppose that's not as fun as getting to explore the entire continent."

Walk, "Talk" Think