Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser
09-14-2016, 05:44 AM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2016, 04:53 PM by Selene I.)

Like a fish out of water, Selene crosses into Auster. She's not used to this. She's so far from everything she's known, and she's been alone for what feels like an age. A pack animal. Sure, she was supposed to be a pack animal, but staying in one place? That was ridiculous. Something about the wandering lifestyle is in her blood and she loves every second of it. She's alive. Gods be damned, Selene is so alive. This place is so strange, so different. As she sets foot in it, a shiver courses down her spine. How charming.

Still, she soldiers on. Things are weird, overly quiet other than the running water sound from the crick. Cattail crick. Moving to the water's edge, sticking her face in briefly. The summer heat wouldn't get to her if she didn't let it, right? Still, it left her feeling dreary and sticky. She settles for a moment on the bank, splashing, face dripping from the fresh running water. Right. Summer days will make you sleepy. Nose on her paws, the starlit creature watches the world go by.

The scorn of the moon would be up in a few minutes.

~Selene
[Image: PeVC6RS.png]

Arsenal

gems
size
build
player
09-16-2016, 07:51 PM

Once again, somehow, Arsenal was craving company; any kind, just someone he could talk to. Maybe it was the fact that he wasn't fully used to all this; he was used to having his pack, his siblings, by his side. Even though some of that time may have been bickering between them, he still had other voices besides his own, and even then that was rarely heard to his own ears. The lack of company, besides rare meetings, was, with lack of a better term, driving him insane. It was changing him as well; not once in his life would Arsenal have thought he'd be the one looking for company. For another life force to have some sort of conversation with. If another wolf had told him that, he wouldn't have believed them. Called them a liar.

But look at him now. Doing something he never suspected he would.

The short time he had stayed here was really changing him more and more, wasn't it? Or maybe his time alone was. Either way, he was changing. For the better or worse, he'd have to see.

His paws splashing into the water, he continued onto the land, lost in his own thoughts. Really, he was so distracted, he almost stepped on the seemingly starlit wolf in front of him.

Pulling his paw away quickly, he stepped back, tilting his head at the other. What was she doing?

speech.

Selene I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser
09-16-2016, 09:13 PM

Selene can feel the sun hot on her coat. It's comforting, and she can feel herself drifting. Drifting easily in the warmth, in the way that she can just breathe for a little bit. Days like today, these were the ones that were simply for living. For existing quietly, but... jeeze, to exist on her own. She existed on her own, and she had only been existing on her own. The scorn of the moon ached. Something about waking and sleeping on her own was painful. Selene is so damn tired of sleeping on her own, yet she was falling asleep in the sunlight. Everything is beautiful, other than her lonesomeness right now.

A man. A boy. Her age, that awkward in between. The small creature with the starlit eyes looks up to the stranger where he stands, but she doesn't move. "Good afternoon." It's quiet, in her little bell tone voice. There's a smile that plays on Selene's face, tail wagging softly behind her. It's friendly. She's sleepy, but she's friendly. Typical of the star soaked creature.

~Selene

Arsenal

gems
size
build
player
09-20-2016, 09:50 AM

There was no response for a moment, and the dark hued wolf grew worried about the star speckled creature near his paws. Another thing to add on his list; worrying about a stranger. Something he wouldn't have done before he came here. Maybe he was changing for the better, after all. What a place this was. Arsenal was a little shocked about how much he was changing, himself. Maybe he'd find his siblings soon, so he could surprise them with his new changes in personality. If they stayed, that is; if they were just something caused by his loneliness.

The smaller wolf's soft voice captured his attention, ears perking for a moment as he offered a small smile at the creature. "Uh. Hi." His words were awkward, short and cutting off quickly.

speech.

Selene I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser
09-21-2016, 08:09 PM

She wags. It's a thing that she does, she doesn't really... worry about it. She doesn't mind. The girl is graceful and quick, on her feet in a fluid motion. There's something gentle in her eyes if he looks at the man, head quirked to the side. Right. Whole body wagging the rest of the dog. It's easier that way. He's lonely, maybe? And here she is. Selene takes a step backwards, smiling as she does. Right. Trying to be friendly. It's hard to figure out what's happening in the man's head, hard to figure out what he means. Head up, eyes bright. Those are the important things. "Where ya goin'?" She wants to know, but maybe it's nosiness. Selene's heart is in the right place. At least she's got that going for her.

~Selene

Arsenal

gems
size
build
player
09-26-2016, 09:06 AM

The female seemed a lot more friendlier than Arsenal had really first expected, wagging her tail slightly at him. Her words, asking where he was going, caused a slight pause from him. Where was he going, exactly? "I'm not entirely sure. I'm trying to find my siblings, but so far..." He hadn't had much luck. Arsenal had seen his sister, at some sort of pack forming, but he had lost her again. And the others...He wasn't even sure if they were here anymore. Carefully, he sat, the smile growing a little more as he offered an awkward suggestion. "I can stay here for a bit. I mean, if you don't mind. If you do, it's fine, I just-" Oh, he was rambling. Closing his jaws with a snap, he fell silent, feeling awkward.

speech.

Selene I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser
09-27-2016, 04:52 PM

He speaks and she listens. She doesn't mind listening. Selene has learned, after all, to be an okay listener. It makes you kind of a shitty person to be a bad listener, and she didn't want that. She didn't want to be a bad person. That was probably among the starlit's top five fears. Being an asshole. Unless she was high anxiety, then there was a 100% chance she was going to be an asshole, but who's counting? Her head quirks softly to the side as the boy brings up his siblings, sitting beside him. "I could help you look if you want." An offer, and not an empty one. Selene doesn't pass up adventures.

He continues to speak, and her head tilts softly to the side. She's listening. There's a light smile on her face, trying to absorb and absolve as much awkward energy as she can. It's not awkward unless you make it awkward. "That could be fun, the crick is nice, I haven't gotten to see much of it myself." Kind smile. She was going to be kind, fuck damnit.

~Selene

Arsenal

gems
size
build
player
09-28-2016, 08:35 AM

At the female's words, offering to help him look for his siblings, Arsenal hesitated. He didn't want to be the wolf that shoved his problems onto others, and he'd rather deal with all of it alone instead of bringing another wolf into it. But then, after a few moments, he realized that he hadn't given an answer. Anyone knew that he could use the help in looking for his siblings, but, when he spoke with a quiet sigh, it wasn't to take up the female up on her offer. "It's fine. I can look for them myself." Although he seemed tired, there was no weakness in his voice as he said it.

And then, a few moments later, a sigh from the gray wolf, a result of his slight guilt about seeming so forceful about the female not going. Still, he wouldn't take it back. Not even if the female insisted that she went. This was his problem, and his problem alone, right?

speech.

Selene I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser
09-29-2016, 03:13 PM

He's abrasive, as she's noticing. Still, Selene looks at the creature with a certain softness. She's bright and she's brilliant, shining and bright. It's hard not to shine when you're so full of brightness and light. Her brow furrows as she looks at the boy, head quirking to the side. Selene has so much energy and she can't use any of it? But. But why? There's something about her that seems to shimmer in this moment. Still, the moonscorn looks at the boy, brow crumpled up on itself. Right. She wanted to be friendly, and here he was being... not friendly? Not necessarily. Just different. He's just different, but Selene has a hard time processing it. "I'm Selene." She spits the words, hard and fast, grasping at straws here. She was making an effort, she was making an attempt. It was hard sometimes.

~Selene

Arsenal

gems
size
build
player
09-30-2016, 08:17 AM

Arsenal was quick to catch the confusion that showed on the other's face, but he didn't back away from what he had just said. He wanted to explain, to say something that would make the female feel better, but his words have left him. And now, there was that awkwardness, that want to leave and not have to deal with what seemed to be the aftermath of his words. The female spat the introduction out, and Arsenal's gaze hardened for a moment, annoyance replacing whatever guilt he may have have, the emotions still mixing and making him confused as to what he should do. "Arsenal. Nice to meet you." His words were brisk, cold, and he gave a small glance towards the distance. Finally, he spoke, his voice still bland as he struggled to hide his annoyance and awkwardness from this stranger.

"I have to go." Still, he didn't move just yet, waiting for the other's reaction.

speech.

Selene I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser
10-07-2016, 06:21 PM

There's something quick, something swift about the girl. She's always pretty mentally quick, good at reading someone else. Whatever the man was feeling, he was... cold? She was so immensely curious, she was so confused about what was going on inside his head. It was strange. People were usually nice to Selene. She's bright and soft, she's brilliant and gentle. There are so many things about the girl that people seem to like. Still, she's a street rat. She's a gypsy, a vagabond. There were so many dirty words for people like her, and she's always so lost about it. The moon scorn looks at Arsenal, head cocked to the side.

"Why?" He says he has to go, but she sorta wants to go with him. It's hard. It's a lot harder than she expects. Interacting is a lot harder than she expects when it seems that the man isn't quite sure he wants her here. Maybe she should go. Maybe the starlit should fade into the background. It happens. She worries.

~Selene