Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
09-14-2016, 09:26 AM
It was time. She had wandered the lands for two years, and now it was time to find herself a home. She had learned of all the packs in her short time, had slowly discovered what each held dear from the whispers she heard. It was more a fear of actually speaking to anyone that had held her back for so long, but now she was determined to no longer let it stop her. So, she forced herself to approach the edges of Fiori, knowing it was a place of learning, where she could become the sort of wolf who could help others, but wouldn't be depended upon to fight.

That was her true terror, honestly, that someone would expect her to strike another for her pack. She would do it, if she had to, but it wouldn't end well, of that she was certain.

It took her some time to find the edge of the pack, simply because she was unused to having to do such a thing. She usually steered clear of packlands, never going close enough for it to be a problem. That was just how she was. Now, though, it was important to get close enough to not require someone to leave the pack lands to greet her, but also not getting too close as to be tresspassing.

When she thought she was on the very edge, Faelyn took a seat, looking around nervously before she uttered a quiet howl, hoping someone would hear her and come to greet her.

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
10-01-2016, 07:57 PM

OOC: SORRY I totally missed your thread ;~; Next reply won't take so long, promise!

It was probably a good thing Leo had already been in the area of the falls or he might have missed the quiet howl that called for him from the borders. His mismatched ears perked curiously and his head turned from looking down over the waterfalls to look over his shoulder toward the border. It definitely wasn't a voice he recognized. Someone curious about the pack perhaps? Or maybe someone from a different pack? He turned toward the sound either way and trotted off to meet the stranger. Soon enough the small golden woman came into view and he offered her a friendly smile as he walked over toward her. "Hello there!" he greeted, his voice as cheery as ever. He loved meeting new wolves in general, but when he noticed that there didn't seem to be any other pack scents on her pelt he grew hopeful that this was a new recruit on his paws. "I'm Leo, the King here in Fiori. What can I do for you today?" he said as he came to a halt in front of her, leaving a few feet between them.

"Talk" "You" Think

Faelyn

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
10-03-2016, 05:16 PM
((All good!))

Her paws shuffled as she waited, making little rustling noises in the grass. Her ears rotated in all directions as she strained to hear someone approaching. Surely someone had heard her, but then again she didn't know how large this territory was. She thought it was entirely likely that she just hadn't been loud enough. Being quiet was her trademark really, so she wouldn't have been surprised if no one was able to hear her.

Just as she was trying to decide between howling again, louder this time, and succumbing to her panic and fleeing the scene, she picked up on the sounds of someone approaching. The feeling of panic intensified suddenly, and she almost turned and sprinted away, but the male was coming into sight now and she froze in place.

His greeting was friendly though, and that caused her to relax ever so slightly, enough to offer a slight smile in return. "I... was thinking of making this place home," she said. Well, that made it sound like she wanted to just take the place she realized belatedly, but she hoped he understood what she meant. She really wasn't the best at explaining things, especially not the first time she met someone.

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
10-06-2016, 02:54 PM

He could tell she was nervous, but she seemed to calm down slightly as he continued to show that he was friendly. He never meant anyone harm as long as they posed no threat to him, his family, or his pack. It seemed from first impressions that she didn't intend to do any of those things so he was more than happy to treat her as a new friend. He smiled when she mentioned that she was considering calling Fiori home. So he had been right to think she might be a new recruit. Of course he knew nothing about her and it was hard to tell if she was going to be a good fit for Fiori just from first impressions, but he never liked to turn anyone away. His pack had gone from barely any members to being full to capacity and back again just in his time as alpha so he never wanted to assume that his pack was too full for new members. "Wonderful!" he replied with a smile, adding, "Will you tell me a bit about yourself? Maybe your name and what you're skilled in at least?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Faelyn

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
10-09-2016, 08:06 PM
When he asked for her name, she realized she had failed to offer it even after he'd so kindly introduced himself. How rude of her! "Oh dear, I'm sorry," she said sheepishly. "I'm Faelyn, and... skills..." She thought for a long moment, wanting to give him the best answer possible. "I'm good at taking care of pups, and I'm also learning how to be a healer," she said finally. Pups were her favorite thing in the world though, so she hoped they had some that she would be allowed to play with at least, but there was no guarantee.

"I'm not good at fighting though," she finished, thinking that would probably be wise to end on. It was good to know what she could do, but it was also important to know what she couldn't. After all, he might not want someone who couldn't fight, and she supposed she couldn't blame him if he didn't. It just wasn't something she had gotten any practice in, considering she was a loner and very, very small for her family. Nothing to be done about it. She also wasn't particularly interested in learning, though if she got forced into it she supposed she ought to.

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
10-11-2016, 07:19 PM

"It's nice to meet you, Faelyn," he replied when she told him her name. He then let her go on while she figured out how to describe her set of skills. Good with children and learning to be a healer, that was a perfectly acceptable answer. He wasn't too surprised when she told him that she wasn't the best at fighting. Most healers weren't it seemed, or at least most of them weren't fond of it. He gave her a smile and said, "That's quite alright. Everyone has different sets of skills around here. I don't expect everyone to master every trade, but I do ask all of my healers to at least know enough to defend themselves if anything were to arise that you would need to do so. We've been very fortunate in the two and a half years that I've been leading Fiori that we haven't had any raids or attacks on our lands, but I never want us to be unprepared." That might be more of an explanation that was needed, but he'd rather explain too much than too little.

"Well then, I guess I should tell you a bit about our rules, hm? There's not too many to worry about! We strive to be a communal pack so any time you want to hold any kind of gathering or participate in any training sessions it's highly encouraged. Loyalty is very important here so anyone that betrays another pack member is punished. We prefer that if you take a mate it either be within the pack or you bring them to me to have them join with you. We just want to make sure that if you were to ever have pups they would be fully protected within the pack. I'm the King so I have the final say, but I also have a council that helps me make decisions. Most of the council positions are empty at the moment unfortunately, but hopefully they will be filled soon. But it's not all rules around here! We'll have a small festival at the beginning of winter so you can look forward to that if that's something you like!" He smiled cheerfully and chuckled softly. He knew it was a lot of information so he hoped she got it all. "So what do you think? Do you still want to join?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Faelyn

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
10-13-2016, 11:43 AM
"It's nice to meet you too," she replied, then settled in to listen to him speak. She had thought that she knew what the pack was like, but she knew it was good to make sure that she knew what she was getting into and that it was what she wanted. She figured she could defend herself if she needed to, though she hoped it never came down to it. If it did, then she would do what she had to in order to survive, but nothing more. She didn't wish to harm anyone, and thankfully he wasn't asking her to.

Everything that he described to her sounded perfect, in her mind, and she nodded happily when he asked if she still wanted to join. "It sounds ideal," she confessed. "I look forward to being able to learn from the lessons too." She wasn't sure how much she would enjoy the festival, but he said it would be small so that would be okay then. Large gatherings weren't great in her mind, but if it really was small... besides, she needed to get to know her packmates somehow and that seemed like the easiest way.

"I won't disappoint," she promised, because she wouldn't let herself do that. She was being welcomed into this family and she wouldn't betray that trust that she was being given.

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
10-14-2016, 12:37 PM

Leo gave Faelyn a happy grin when she said the pack sounded ideal to her, his tail wagging behind him as well. "Wonderful!" She said that she wouldn't disappoint and he chuckled softly, giving her another smile. "I'm sure you won't! I'm glad to have you here. Please make yourself at home! And if you ever need anything don't hesitate to ask. My sister, Amalia, is the lead healer here so you'll be working with her for training and such. She's all white with a russet head and short little bunny tail. You can't miss her." He grinned a little at his description of her sister. "Ashelia and Ara are also healers so you'll be in good company. I believe Bright Moon is due any day now with her pups so perhaps there will be some little fluff balls soon for you to help with." New members were always a blessing and he hoped that Faelyn would thrive here. "I'll let you go and get settled in then. Our pack has this area here around the falls as well as the mangroves at the bottom of the incline. My den is toward the center of the mangroves. You can find me there or doing patrols most of the time."

"Talk" "You" Think

Faelyn

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
10-14-2016, 04:13 PM
She tucked the name away in the back of her mind for when she ran into the woman, because she would eventually and she didn't want to have no clue who she was. She imagined if Amalia heard his description of her she wouldn't be too happy about it, so while she grinned at the thought of it she decided it wouldn't be wise to share that particular tidbit with her. "I'll be sure to do that," she replied, not thinking anything would be that problematic for her just yet but one never knew. Things could be tricky when one was moving into a new area.

She brightened at the mention of pups. "Oh, wonderful," she said, hoping she would be able to attend the birth but figuring that wouldn't be possible. Even if she was a healer, Bright Moon didn't know her, and she didn't expect a brand new mother to take kindly to a stranger around her. She supposed she certainly wouldn't. "I'm looking forward to meeting everyone," she said. First, though, she had to find a place to sleep. "I'm sure I'll see you around," she said, nodding respectfully to him as she stood and moved to make her way deeper into their lands. She was eager to begin exploring and meeting others of their pack. No doubt there were plenty around.

-Exit Faelyn-