Angel

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
09-18-2016, 04:53 PM

It'd taken him a while to reach the beach. He'd had no set goal in mind when he'd struck out away from Celestial. Kavdaya was busy taking care of both Falk and Surreal and Creed found he didn't mind it. She was busy and with the impending "doom" of parenthood looming over him he'd set out away from the pack for one last adventure before he'd inevitably be stuck there for the rest of his life. He wasn't getting any younger and he certainly was happy with the idea of having children to keep him occupied. The excitement grew with every passing day and he feared if they weren't born soon his heart would burst.

His trek was a slow and lazy one. His bones began to ache on certain days and if he exerted himself he slept longer than he used to. Overall he could feel old age settling in so he made sure to take his time. By the time he reached the beach it was evening and the sun had begun to make an array of orange and pink colors to paint the sky.

Paws would squish in the sand as he padded to the waters edge. There he'd sit, not caring that sand would stick to his fur for days, and stare out across the ocean. It was a nice way to get out for a bit and contemplate things and more than anything he appreciated the serene silence that came with the bay.

Walk, "Talk" Think

[Image: J44fjmu.png]
[Image: LqRCxUq.png]

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantFamousChristmas 2019Treat 2019Promptober 2019
09-19-2016, 08:32 PM

It had been at least a week or so after all that had transpired. Though she no longer kept track of time, not anymore. It wasn't worth counting down the days after the bad things happened. She found herself leaving Ivalice more often, her shoulder a little more rested now but still limping as it healed. She felt like a change of scenery, her night with Bass stored away in her mind, as was the memory of Kharnage's departure among other things. She sighed, amber gaze flicking up to see Tanaraq soaring above her. The bird had been the most comforting companion during these times, always looking out for her and guiding her along as best as she could. She was grateful for the company.

She walked slowly along the bay, somewhere she'd never been before. It was relaxing here, she had to admit. The sunset beside her was something she hardly looked at, her mind either preoccupied or empty. She didn't know what to do or think anymore, and her heart continued to ache with it all. There were things she needed to do, but she had no idea if it was the right thing or the wrong thing. She was often in conflict with herself, and she just wanted it to stop. That was when a familiar scent hit her, head lifting to make sure it wasn't a trick. Several yards ahead, she saw Creed sitting there. She was surprised for a moment, as she'd never really come across him much away from his pack.

With a wagging tail, she let out a bark to alert him of her presence as she made her approach. "Creed! It's a surprise seeing you out here!" While her voice hid her tiredness, her eyes not so much. She stopped next to him, gently greeting him with a touch to his shoulder with her nose as she then took a seat next to him on the sand. "How are you?"

"Talk"

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Creed

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
09-22-2016, 07:58 AM

The fluffy male sat in silence for a little while. To say it was an empty silence would be a lie. The sound of gulls ahead and the crashing of the waves filled his head, but there was no one to keep him company at the present moment. His mind constantly drifted between things and overall he came to the conclusion that this place was a nice place to think. He doubted he'd ever come back to it, with the kids being born and old age, but it was nice to enjoy it while he was able to.

A friendly bark drew him away from his thoughts. His head turned towards the noise and he silently cursed himself for not paying attention. He hadn't even remotely heard anyone approaching. To his surprise it was the larger and familiar form of his cousin that greeted him. He mimicked the wagging of her tail and smiled at her as she drew closer. His smile fell a little bit as he noticed her limping and the healing wound on her shoulder.

He wasn't given the option to question her about it though. Instead his ears perked up as she asked him how he was doing. As much as he wanted to talk about her instead he smiled softly at her, willing to be patient for a moment, as he focused on her tired gaze.

"Ah'm alrigh'. Have a litter on tha way." He announced proudly, feeling the rush of excitement of being a father coming back to him. "How are ye? Seems like ye go' in a figh'." He noted, glancing at her torn up shoulder.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

09-25-2016, 12:13 AM

Ears perked up as a surprised look crossed her face. So, he was finally having a litter? Her tail wagged with excitement, eyes lighting up. She knew he had always wanted pups, and she had promised to bring hers by so he could meet them; but she had yet to get around to it since they lived so far apart. "Oh Creed, that's great news! Congratulations! I know you'll be a great father!" She didn't think to ask about who his mate was, but perhaps it wasn't incredibly important anyway. More than likely it was someone she didn't know anyway. She leaned over and playfully nudged his shoulder, tail thumping in the sand behind them. But when he mentioned her shoulder, her tail slowed and she looked down a bit.

She wasn't ashamed of the scar that would mark her body, nor was she ashamed at all really. She just didn't want to remember the events of that day anymore...but she trusted Creed, and trusted him not to go spilling everything she said to anyone else. "Oh...that's..." She faltered a bit. Where should she begin? How to even start? "I guess I'm doing okay. A little bit better than I was a few days ago but..." She sighed, the smile being replaced by a frown as her tail stopped wagging and instead, curled around her paws as she seemed to almost shiver. Though whether it was from the sea breeze or something else would remain unknown. "Someone trespassed. And it wasn't accidental, but on purpose. Mercy, a former member of Imperium...and one bad egg. I found her and confronted her, and all she did was disrespect me and talk ill of me and my pack. We ended up getting into a fight, and of course, she never fights fair..." She shrugged it off though. She had already lost, and the damage was already done. "I don't know why she decided to show up. Maybe she was bored and thought I would just let her do whatever she wanted, but of course...I didn't. Any alpha or wolf for that matter, would do something if they found someone trespassing wouldn't they?" She at least hoped that her members thought the same way. But when she remembered the confrontation with Lykos, that hope was short lived.

"Except for Lykos..." She muttered. She looked out over the water, wondering whether or not to continue. But Creed was closer to her than anyone else. She wasn't even sure about her own pack members. But the more she thought about whether or not she could trust them anymore was exhausting her. "Evidently, Lykos would rather follow someone like her then be with his own family. He has no loyalty to the pack, or to us. He made himself very clear about that, so I acted as an alpha rather than a mother." Her heart still hurt about that whole situation, but it was done and over with now. She swallowed back the emotion that threatened to choke her, but she fought it. She knew too, that if Creed asked for more insight, she would give it to him. Her explanation probably wasn't clear, but her mind had been so scrambled lately, her words had been coming out that way as well. She knew she just needed to start getting it out along with all the weight and burden she was feeling on her shoulders. And if anyone could help her with that, it was Creed...and of course, Bass. She trusted both of them more than she had trusted anyone, but perhaps it was due to the fact they were both honest and open with her too.

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Creed

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
09-25-2016, 12:43 PM

Worry laced his features for her. He would have happily immersed himself in small talk - conversing about their children. He couldn't focus on himself though when all he could do was stare at her marred shoulder and wonder what exactly had happened for her to earn it. Avalon had never struck him as an overly stupid or reckless wolf. He couldn't believe it had been something she started. While he didn't want to be pushy, he did want to know what had happened. Family was family after all and she was one of the only ones left so he certainly cared for her well being.

An ear flicked as she started to tell him what had happened. She seemed to not know where to start, but he was a patient man. She figured out where to start and he listened as she explained she was doing better than she was a few days ago. She didn't seem to be her old self, not to him at least, but he was curious to know how bad it had been a few days ago. Whatever it was she'd gone through must have been harsh.

His head tilted with surprise as she explained the trespasser and how it had been someone she knew. He'd known that some wolves didn't quite care for pack borders (or know about them) but for someone to just so blatantly cross her borders without a second though - well he didn't understand it. No one had ever done that in Celestial, but he couldn't imagine it'd go over well either.

He didn't interrupt her as she spoke and instead just continued to listen. He'd save all his thoughts for when she was done. The way she explained it though it seemed that the worst bit hadn't even been told yet. He frowned as she explained one of her kids had been more keen on following the trespasser that had maimed her than devoting any loyalty to his own mother. Overall he could now understand why she seemed so upset.

"Ye did wha' ye had ta do." He started off with a sympathetic tone. "It sounds like ye handled the situation with Mercy well. Ye acted as any Alpha should." She didn't need to feel bad. Even if she was walking out of it with scars, she'd staked her claim on a land and she had to defend it. getting away with such a blatant act of disrespect shouldn't have been allowed and in his eyes Avalon handled it well enough. "Does Lykos know this woman?" He asked curiously, trying to dig a little bit more for information. He couldn't help her if he didn't know the full story.

ooc: I know the situation with lykos is a bit fuzzy with Kea gone atm so just have Avalon tell him about Lykos talking to Mercy if you want.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

11-08-2016, 02:15 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2016, 02:15 AM by Avalon.)

She seemed to let out the breath she didn't know she had been holding. His response relieved her to some degree. She had gone on thinking that maybe she hadn't taken the right course of action, but it seemed even Creed agreed with her on that aspect. Still...her mind would often wander to that day. Wondering why the other woman even showed up. She never really did get an answer, and if it was some stupid test of Mercy's well...who the hell knew. Mercy was a very fickle woman to begin with, and if it was a test then Avalon doubted that the pale woman would be pleased with any outcome that resulted. She shrugged it off though. She didn't have to prove herself to someone like that. But evidently...

Lykos did.

Creed's question was a simple one to which Avalon nodded. "Yes. He used to be around her when we were in Imperium. Why he would choose to be around someone like that is beyond me, but she was obviously the wrong influence on him. He's grown arrogant, one trait out of many that he certainly didn't get from me." She shook her head. Lykos had certainly fallen far from the tree...and none of it was any good. He was like a rotten apple. 'I don't know why he's chosen this path...but...I'm afraid it's not something that can be changed. He's not the boy I raised, Creed. I'm not entirely sure what to do with him anymore."

Art||Plotter

Creed

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
11-14-2016, 05:47 PM

He listened as Avalon let out a breath and Creed was pleased to see Avalon relax some. He wanted to be able to give the woman some relief. He couldn't imagine how hard it was to raise kids as well as run a pack and it seemed like she was struggling. He was half tempted to go to Ivalice to see how things were and see if he could help, but he was reluctant to leave Celestial. Maybe when his kids were born he'd come and see, but for now all he could offer her was words of comfort and advice.

He waited patiently as Avalon explained Lykos to him. He didn't interrupt and instead mulled it over Considering he hadn't had any kids up until this point he wasn't entirely sure what to say in terms of helping direct Lykos to a different path. All the influence in the world couldn't change someone who didn't want the help. So he nodded softly as he took in all the information she'd given him and compiling it in his brain. It sounded like she was having a really hard time.

"Yer kids are practically grown, Avalon. No amoun' of effor' ye put in will change things if they don' want it. Ah think all ye can do is try and let him know yer there for him even if ye aren' gettin' along righ' now. He still needs ta respect ye as an alpha and his ma' and punish him accordingly, bu' jus' find some common ground so ye can begin ta work things ou' and if he doesn' want that then tha's on him."

Walk, "Talk" Think