Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
09-19-2016, 08:14 PM

The man had decided to once more travel to the East. This time, rather than head back to the Hot Springs, he figured that would be too hot for the season, he decided to wander around another area. This time his paws lead him to a beautiful lake just as night was falling, and the beautiful glow of fireflies picked up here and there as he stepped towards the water. “Beautiful…” Ganta breathed softly. Such a peaceful place… not quite like the North either. He lowered himself down by the water, watching the glow of the fireflies around the lake.

Ganta lay his head on his paws wondering what had become of the remains of his family. Enigma, Obscoro, Shiro, Forsaken… the list went on. His ears flicked back. Truthfully Ganta missed them a good deal. But even if he saw them again… he was sure that their relationships wouldn’t be able to be as they once were. If anything he was sure the older litter hated him more and as for his littermates… He shook his head. He wasn’t sure.

"Talk" "You" Think

I'm here without you...

Roza

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
09-19-2016, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2016, 10:01 PM by Roza.)

She very, very rarely ever left Fiori, but now that she had Abby with her she felt a little safer and more confident when she crossed the border out into the rest of the world. At the very least if something happened Abby would be able to go get help. As she padded over toward the lake she had spotted in the distance, she noticed the sky was starting to get dark. She looked up at it worriedly and frowned. She really hadn't meant to be out past dark, but she had been having a good time looking at all the sights and had lost track of time. She heard Abby's trilling voice above her and she looked up to see her tan-hued friend circling above her. "I know, I know!" she called up to her with a chuckle. Abby was just about as bad about keeping to the rules as her father was.

When she got closer to the lake she started to notice all the little lights everywhere and her eyes grew wide at the hundreds of lightening bugs around her as they slowly started to light up all over the lake. "Wow..." she breathed, a smile pulling at her lips. It wasn't until she got to the edge of the water that Abby trilled at her and made her realize that she had completely missed the man sitting near the water maybe a handful of feet away to her left. She jumped a little when she spotted him, startled that she hadn't noticed him sooner. "Sorry!" she squeaked, turning to face him as Abby flew down and landed on her shoulders. After a beat she realized that she knew this man... At least kind of. "Wait, we've met before right? Ganta?"

"Roza" "Abby" Think

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
10-11-2016, 09:24 PM

Ganta shifted his head at the sound of pawsteps, smiling gently as the she-wolf took notice of him. She squeaked out an apology, the little cutie, and the young man let out a soft laugh. They had met once before, though only briefly. Still, it was kind of nice to see a semi familiar face after having been wandering around among what were mostly strangers. Even in his own pack he didn’t know that many wolves yet and that saddened him... Though perhaps one day he’d be able to change all that. He just had to take a little initiative.

“Yep! Good to see you again Roza. I see you’ve made a friend since we’ve last spoken.” Though he didn’t really know her know her Ganta still addressed the femme as he might an old friend. His gaze shifted to Abby, tipping his head to the cardinal with a small smile as well. “I don’t know if you know what I’m saying, but hello. I’m Ganta. I met your friend once by the hotsprings.” He felt as though he were in a better mood already, tail slowly wagging back and forth.

"Talk" "You" Think

I'm here without you...

Roza

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
10-20-2016, 10:00 PM

Roza relaxed some when Ganta confirmed that she wasn't crazy and that they had indeed met once before. She gave him a smile and took a couple of steps closer before going ahead and settling on her haunches. Of course he was pretty hard to forget. His markings and long fur on his head were pretty distinctive. He was so friendly it was hard not to feel at ease around him. If someone was just going off how Ganta spoke to her they might guess that they've known eachother forever. She nodded in agreement when he mentioned her friend, glancing back over her shoulder at the tan, female cardinal that was perched on her shoulder blade watching the conversation between the two of them.

"I'm Abby. It's a pleasure," her friend replied when Ganta addressed her. Abby was always so proper and... well, mom-like. It was the only way she knew how to describe it. Abby was always watching over her and making sure she didn't get into trouble. Roza chuckled softly and turned her gaze back toward Ganta with a smile. "My brother and I found her a while back. She had a fractured wing and I helped her get better so we've been hanging out since then. She's like my little guardian bird." Her tone was a bit teasing when she described Abby as her guardian and she felt Abby pinch the edge of her ear with her beak. She giggled and looked up to watch Abby fly off toward a nearby tree. "How've you been, Ganta?" she asked when she brought her gaze back down to look at the male across from her, her expression curious while she waited for an answer.

"Roza" "Abby" Think

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
10-29-2016, 10:26 PM

Ah ha so she could speak! Ganta was amazed. His smile widened upon Abby’s introduction, dipping his head once more. She was a proper little thing, wasn’t she? It fascinated him that such a small creature could interact with wolves. It was even more amazing that Roza didn’t consider her friend food, though perhaps the language thing helped with that. Understanding your prey would certainly turn Ganta away from wanting to eat it anyway. As far as he knew not many creatures spoke the language of wolves when it came down to a percentage base. That made Abby a rare find indeed.

“No kidding?” Ganta’s gaze lingered on Abby until the little bird flew off towards a nearby tree. His ghostly gaze then shifted back to Roza. “I think it’s nice that you were able to help her. Most wolves probably would have turned a blind eye to a bird with a fractured wing.” As the question was turned around on him Ganta shifted, a frown on his face. How had he been? Well…

“Restless, actually.” He confessed. “I’ve been considering making my own pack, actually. I am grateful towards Avalon of Ivalice for taking me into her pack. However… I guess some of my father’s ambitions are still within me.” Ganta let out a light laugh. “Though I’m not really interested in conquest like he was, to be honest with you.” Ganta shifted a bit, his eyes shining happily.

“I was hoping to create a more neutral pack, to be honest with you. If… If you want I can share my ideas. I know you’re in another pack, but I certainly wouldn’t want to become your enemy.”

"Talk" "You" Think

I'm here without you...

Roza

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
11-10-2016, 11:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2016, 11:48 PM by Roza.)

Roza's head tipped to the side thoughtfully when Ganta mentioned that most wolves would have turned a blind eye to an injured bird. Was that true? She couldn't imagine doing a thing like that. She guessed that she could understand someone maybe killing it to put it out of its misery or to use it as food, but she could never just leave it alone like that. Although now that she thought about it, she had never even considered the possibility of killing Abbey either with she first saw her. Her only thought had been to help her.

She left her moral dilemma alone for the time being though when Ganta began talking about how he had been restless and considering starting his own pack. Her ears perked with interest and she listened as he described the neutral pack he wished to create to get away from his father's idea of conquest. She was riveted as she listened. Starting a whole new pack was never something she had considered, but it was exciting to think about! "I'd love to hear more about it!" she insisted with an energetic nod. "I'm glad you wouldn't be my enemy," she added with a little giggle, giving him a smile.

"Talk" "You" Think

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
11-20-2016, 10:02 PM

Ganta felt a bit more excited as Roza said she’d love to hear more about the pack he wanted to create. “The name I envision for it is Dragoste. It is a word that I heard means love… and a pack of love, and peace, is what I wish to create more than anything else. A place where wolves can have fun, learn to celebrate the parts of life that are not about fighting. Poetry, healing, hunting... even celebrations for couples!” Ganta wore a huge grin on his face as he spoke. “I know that there are going to need to be wolves to protect such a pack though… I’m no fool… but I want wolves to feel like Dragoste is a place they don’t need to worry about being forced to do things like fighting. Not everyone is one after all” His tail was wagging back and forth.

“I’m sure my father would roll in his grave if he heard about the pack I want to make… but… I don’t want to just be another one of those bloodthirsty pillagers who rips families apart. I want to be someone who keeps them together!” Ganta gave a sheepish grin. “I might be a bit of an idealist… but… I can’t help it!”

"Talk" "You" Think

I'm here without you...

Roza

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
11-25-2016, 05:23 PM

Roza liked seeing how excited Ganta got as he spoke about the pack he envisioned. It made her happy to see others happy. She was especially interested in the part of his dream pack about not forcing wolves to fight and letting others do what makes them happy. She knew her father wouldn't force someone to fight if they didn't want to, but he always stressed being able to protect themselves if needed and made everyone attend fighting practice from time to time. Of course she thought that was smart of her father to do, but she certainly liked the idea of being able to focus on other things and not worry about fighting. She didn't really wanna do stuff she wasn't good at and make a fool of herself after all.

Her tail wagged and she returned his smile when he mentioned wanting to keep families together and not wanting to be a bloodthirsty piliger. "Well I for one like the idea you have for your pack!" she told him with a giggle. "Why would your father not like it? It sounds like it would be such a nice place." She didn't want to pry, but she was interested now. She could imagine that her father would probably support the idea. He'd probably be concerned over the lack of fighting training, but that would be the only thing he'd have a problem with.

"Roza" "Abbey" Think

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
11-26-2016, 02:25 PM

Ganta frowned a bit as Roza asked about his own father. “My father wasn’t a good man, Roza.” Ganta’s brow furrowed, a bit of frustration crossing onto his face. “He was known as Sin Hellstrom… and I do not agree with what he did. Seeking out a pack and tearing them apart… to give my family a place to live.” He sighed. “Father made enemies of course. In the end our pack was taken from us again.” Ganta shifted a bit.

“I like to believe I follow the examples my mother left more than my father. She was a more delicate soul… but I feel she followed him too blindly. Whether out of love, fear, or a mix of that or something else I don’t know.” Ganta blinked his ghostly silvery-white orbs. “Either way… I’m not going to become a man like my father. Even if others choose to judge me for his sins… I will not make those mistakes.”

"Talk" "You" Think

I'm here without you...

Roza

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
11-27-2016, 01:51 AM

Roza frowned a bit as Ganta began talking about his father and how he wasn't a good man. She hadn't had much exposure to the world outside of Fiori so hearing about how his father had done such awful things made her pause. For some reason Sin's name sounded oddly familiar... Perhaps her father had mentioned it before? She wasn't sure. There were plenty of things she had overheard her father talking about or heard him mumble in his sleep that he probably hadn't intended for her to hear. She was glad when he said he wanted to be more like his gentle mother and wouldn't be like his father. She couldn't imagine Ganta being that way anyway since he had been so kind every time she had spoken to him so far, but it was comforting to know he was making a conscious effort to not follow that legacy.

"Well, I won't judge you for anything like that," she insisted sweetly with a little smile while her tail waved gently behind her. "Maybe there won't be as many wolves judging you as you think. After all, there's plenty of wolves like me that don't even know about your father and all the stuff he did. And if they wanna pin that bad stuff on you then they're not the kind of wolves you want around you anyway!" She smiled a little more easily, giggling softly as she beamed at him. "I hope you get your pack one day, Ganta. It sounds like a great place to live."

"Roza" "Abbey" Think

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
12-07-2016, 08:12 PM

Ganta felt relieved as Roza said she wasn’t going to judge him for the sins of his father. Her words relaxed him too, and the youth lifted his head a little more with a bright smile. She was right… if they wanted to be like that then they didn’t need to be around him, now did they? He let out a soft chuckle of his own, giving a grateful nod towards his friend. He wanted to build Dragoste not just for himself, but for those he’d love too.

“I honestly hope so too, Roza. I really want to create the sort of place where others will want to live... will feel safe.” Ganta closed his eyes, his smile lingering. “Sure it’s a dream now, but someday it’ll definitely be a reality. I’m still young… I’ve got time on my side!” He opened his ghostly-white orbs again before getting to his paws. “Would you care to take a walk with me, Roza?”

"Talk" "You" Think

Roza

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
12-12-2016, 10:17 PM

Her tail wagged behind her as he smiled and chuckled. Something about making others happy really made her day. Ganta made her feel comfortable which was something few and far between for her at times. She really did love the vision Ganta had for his pack. It felt very similar to what her father had created except with a bit more freedom in what his pack members could do. She smiled and nodded with another soft giggle when he mentioned how he had time on his side. That was definitely true!

"Sure!" she responded with a smile and a nod to his offer of walking with him. The night was gorgeous with all of the fireflies dancing around them. She got to her paws and gave herself a small shake to get rid of any dust or grass that might be caught in her fur. Roza let Ganta lead the way and she walked along beside him while her tail wagged gently behind her. For a while they just walked along quietly, enjoying the peacefulness of the lake and the small lights that fluttered through the air around them. She turned her blue gaze toward Ganta again though after a few moments, smiling a little as she looked at him with the fireflies casting little yellow lights across his pale fur. She felt a little butterfly flutter in her stomach when she saw him like this, but she had no idea why. "If you do make your pack, could I come visit? Or maybe I could come live with you? If that's okay with you." She smiled shyly, her pale blue gaze standing out from the russet mask on her face in the combined firefly glow and moonlight.

"Roza" "Abbey" Think

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
12-19-2016, 08:43 PM

Ganta was happy that Roza agreed to walk with him. The fireflies fluttering around made the young man happy as well, tail swishing slowly back and forth. It was a lovely night, and the night had suited the male better since he was young. Together they were enjoying each other’s company and the peacefulness around them. This, Ganta thought, was what he wanted to fight for. Something he wanted to protect. Then, hearing her speak again, Ganta came to a stop, looking at her with his silvery-white orbs.

“Of course you can!” His words came out a bit quickly, excitedly, his eyes shining. “I’d like nothing more… having a good friend come live with me would make Dragoste worth fighting for all the more.” He was smiling, feeling his heart racing in his chest. There was… something more, wasn’t there? “I’d protect you, Roza… even if Dragoste never made it off the ground. If you wanted to roam with me I’d make sure you never have to worry about fighting.” The young man felt his cheeks flush, averting his gaze before he spoke again.

“You’re… really my first friend. You’re someone special, Roza… and I want to make sure you’re happy. If you’d really be happy in a place like Dragoste… then it gives me more reason to try building it. I’d have someone I’d want to protect.” Ganta looked back to her, sincerity in his eyes.

"Talk" "You" Think

I'm here without you...

Roza

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
12-20-2016, 12:59 AM

Roza came to a stop next to Ganta when he stopped to look at her, her gaze lingering on him with interest. She had expected that he would agree to let her live in his pack if it were ever to come into existence, but the pure joy and excitement that was in his reaction surprised her and warmed her heart. She had never seen someone so happy just from the idea of having her around and he honestly couldn't have given her a more sincere and touching complement if he tried. Her eyes stayed on his face even as his gaze left hers, seeing the flush that showed through his pale fur. It all made her heart beat a little faster and a similar flush come to her cheeks. Her tail swished behind her and a sweet smile felt like it would never leave her face.

"You're my first friend too, Ganta," she replied, her tone a bit shy even though she managed to keep her gaze on his. "I mean, besides Abbey or my siblings if they count... But you're my first outside of my family and not a bird friend!" She giggled and her soft curve of a smile grew into a full fledged grin for a moment. Those flutters in her stomach kicked up again while her blue eyes lingered on his pale gaze while her heart continued to beat away quickly against her chest. "It means a lot... to know that you'd want me there with you so much," she admitted, the same sincerity in her own eyes. "If you really mean it, about protecting me if I wanted to roam with you, I'd... I'd really like to come with you. Only if it's okay with you though. I don't want to bother you or anything! And I'd have to go ask my dad of course, but..." she paused for a second, feeling the blush on her cheeks darken even more as her gaze glanced down shyly at her paws. "I feel really happy around you a-and I wanna help you make your pack!"

"Roza" "Abbey" Think

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
12-22-2016, 11:18 PM
Ganta felt his heart fluttering as he listened to Rosa speak. He loved his family too but they weren't exactly close knit or anything. But Roza was different.  He was greatful for that too. His eyes were shining with delight, the thought of traveling with her making the young man all the more excited. A true adventure just like he, Shiro and Obscoro dreamed of as kids.  But this one had a chance of happening. His tail was wagging even faster now.

"Roza... That would make me very happy if you could! I'd need to talk to Dragon about leaving but... My mind is made up. I want to kick building Dragoste into high gear. For both of us and any other friends we might make!" There was surely some naivity in the young male but what did one have if not hopes and dreams? "I'll come for you. Promise you'll be ready?"

I'm here without you...

Roza

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
12-23-2016, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2016, 08:27 PM by Roza.)

Her heart was about to flutter out of her chest with excitement. Was she really going to do this? She had never dreamed of leaving her father's pack before! But Ganta made her happier than she had been in a long time and he promised he would take care of her, right? It was probably a good thing that Abbey had left her alone for the time being or her motherly bird friend would be scolding their young innocence and naivety by now. Roza hadn't considered any of that though. She was too caught up in the exciting rush from this new possibility. She eagerly nodded when he asked her to be ready when he came to get her. "Yeah, I promise!" She got up onto her paws with her tail wagging away behind her. "I'm really excited," she admitted with a huge grin and a giggle. Roza hesitated for a moment before she leaned toward Ganta shyly with her ears flicked back to press her nose to his cheek for a moment. "I'll see you soon!" she exclaimed as she turned and hurried toward home so she could hide her flushing cheeks from the little bit of affection she had let herself give him. She had to get back if she was going to talk to her dad about it all, right? She heard Abbey's wings flutter above her and her friend's chirp as the cardinal took off out of the trees to catch up to her. Oh she'd have to explain everything to Abbey as well she imagined. She wasn't sure which conversation she was more nervous about!

-exit-

"Roza" "Abbey" Think

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
02-03-2017, 03:31 PM

The young man felt excited too, giving into naivety and the desire to protect a new friend. His tail was wagging back and forth at the thought of working harder to achieve Dragoste. Maybe… maybe there would be an opportunity to create the pack before he knew it. The thought filled him with so much joy, but that was all minuscule compared to the flutter of emotion he felt Roza press her nose against his cheek. It was almost like, for a brief moment, his heart stopped. He felt happy… happier than he’d felt in such a long time. It was a promise… they were going to do this, one way or another!

“Y-yeah… See you soon, Roza!” He grinned, watching the femme as she left the area. It wasn’t until the ffemme had completely faded from his sight that Ganta slowly turned in the direction of his own pack. There was going to be a bit of explaining to do he was sure, but hopefully things wouldn’t go sour. If they did, well, Ganta would fight for what he wanted to accomplish. Fight to keep his promise to Roza…

Ghostly white orbs held a new look of determination; Ganta had someone that he wanted to protect.

--Exit Ganta--

"Talk" "You" Think

I'm here without you...