Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
09-22-2016, 11:46 AM
Poser is drawn to tall buildings like a moth to flame. He was born for something bigger, he was born to be a king. There's something about him, cutting his way through the night. At the core of night, he couldn't imagine anything less than he'd like than to be the light. Literal darkness. Literal light. Literal night. Pushing himself across the ground with a high head, the borzoi can't help but... but course. But chase. All he wants is the home feeling, all he wants is the satisfaction of having it back. It's what he needs. It's what he craves. That and a beautiful boy with a heart worth stealing, but that will come in time. That always comes in time.

This time he'd do that his own way. There was an ache in his throat, part physical, part emotional. Long since healed, but Poser still hurts over it. He still aches. Hell, he may ache for pretty much everything. The young man finds his way into the house with thoughts of his former family in his head. 10/6... jeeze. How long had it been? It was winter when he'd been banished, early winter, when it was starting to get cold and slushy. Poser had hurt for the duration of that winter alone, and on into the spring. Summer was kinder. Summer was always kinder.

It's well past midnight when he makes his way into the house, nosing his way through a broken window with his rail thin frame. Claws clicking on a marble floor as he looks up at the moonlit entryway, Poser sits on his haunches. He can't help it. He's in awe.

your charged touch
poser
breathy way of saying my name

[Image: VVdK7m3.png]

Faelyn

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
09-28-2016, 11:35 AM
She was sleeping. Really, she was. The inside of the building provided shelter from the elements and generally from the intrusion of others of her kind, because as far as she had seen they didn't roam into the human buildings. Evidently, that wasn't to be the case this time around, because as she had drifted off, deep in her subconscious she heard the shuffling and scuffling of someone entering the building.

Her eyes opened and she lifted her head, eyes glinting in the faint light that reached her in her shelter under some rubble. It had fallen so nicely, now held in place by foliage, and it was likely going to be her temporary home for the time being. Except, not if this stranger was going to hang around too. It wasn't that she didn't like meeting new people, but this was a male and she was trying to sleep, and she was otherwise alone. She had no idea if he was going to be dangerous or not.

Faelyn peered out from her makeshift den, keeping an eye on the male as she foggily woke up, trying to keep quiet as best she could. She couldn't help the yawn that escaped her though, for it was well past the time that she should be asleep.

Poser

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
09-30-2016, 03:05 PM
Poser could smell someone else here. She was here, right? She was here, and he was able to smell her. Carefully moving across the marble flooring, he seeks out the female that had to be close by. His brilliant blue eyes are scanning and searching-- she had to be here. Poser has a high head and a curious gaze, he should be able to get what he needs to find. He should. He's trying. God he's trying. There's a certain grace that comes from his build and then even more that comes from the sheer fact he's Poser. He's always been graceful like this. He's always thought like this, existed like this. He exists, you see, only to be the most striking creature of all. Fluid, even though his nails click and his bum foot scrapes a little bit.

"Are you here, my friend?" There's an accent, Russian, in his voice. Poser has never been able to push that away, despite trying for what felt like years. The voice itself is flamboyant-- he wouldn't change that even if he could. There's no fighting just how shining and beautiful the creature is. He wouldn't let anyone fight him over it. No one would dare. That, and Poser didn't like to fight. It was against his charm and his nature. He'd reject it wholeheartedly unless it was something like honor or... well, fuck if anyone called him a pussy, right? The graceful creature finally catches a glint from a makeshift den, and he stops.

"Hello there." And he sits in place, keeping a comfortable distance. Wouldn't want to scare her away. Wouldn't want to push anyone out that could be of use. Poser was handling this as delicately as possible, as carefully as possible. Today would be okay.
your charged touch
poser

Faelyn

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
10-03-2016, 05:35 PM
Ugh, he seemed to have picked up on the fact that there was someone else there. She didn't have anywhere else to go unfortunately, so she couldn't scurry away from the scene, which meant she was just stuck there waiting to see what happened.

When he finally spoke, she thought he'd caught onto her, but it seemed as though he was just talking to himself. But, no, he'd spotted her, and he was coming towards her, and he was speaking again which meant to her that he had actually seen her, which meant she had to talk to him as well. She didn't really want to, because she was tired and she didn't really feel comfortable talking to people anyway, but she also didn't have it in her to be rude. He'd greeted her, so she was going to greet him in return.

"Hello," she said softly, making no moves to leave the relative safety of her nest. He seemed safe enough, but she didn't know that for sure. "What are you doing here?" she asked. Did he have a reason for being in this place, or was he just wandering as she had been? It seemed wise to ask questions, to be hospitable and get to know this stranger who had been nice enough to greet her kindly.

Poser

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
10-04-2016, 03:05 PM
Sometimes he talks to himself. It's comforting, actually. It's easy. Someone who always replies, even though they argue. They're prone to arguing, but that's okay too. He'll be okay. He's been okay, you see, for a while. It's hard for Poser to not be okay, but he's alright. Every little thing would be alright, the shadow would take a page from Bob Marley's book. In the days when the automated radio stations were still playing, and they could get them to come in over the airwaves at the power plant, that had always been Jet's favorite. It made it Poser's favorite as well. They'd gotten on like a house on fire, those two, and there was a dull ache in his foot where it still hadn't healed. It happens when he thinks too hard about the past.

Ah! A voice! An actual voice, not a voice-voice. Poser's ears prick as he lays down on his belly to peer at the girl, elegant head resting on his paws. There's an easy gaze, sapphire eyes glimmering in the low, fractured moonlight. "It reminded me of my old home. I'm in the market for a new one. Do you live here?" His voice is gentle, androgynous as ever. The shadow still has that Russian accent clouding his words, he can't manage to push it away entirely. It's too comfortable. It's too real. It's too much a part of him. He'd be polite and friendly with this girl, and maybe he could bring her on as one of his own.

Small steps to build an army.
your charged touch
poser

Faelyn

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
10-09-2016, 07:56 PM
He seemed friendly enough, still speaking kindly and going so far as to lay down. Deciding she could trust him because of that, she stepped slightly out of her den, taking a seat outside of it so that he could see her properly and also as a small display of trust. She could easily tuck herself back inside of it if need be, or just run though she didn't think she would get far.

Shaking her head slightly, Faelyn answered his question. "No, I don't really have a permanent home honestly," she said. She hoped she would soon, but that would depend on how things went. She had no doubt that she could actually find a home for herself, but it was finding the right one that was the important part. Perhaps she had, and perhaps not. Only time would tell. All she knew for sure was that it wasn't going to be this place because she would be alone, and she didn't want that.

"I don't think anyone calls this place home, so I think you could make it yours," she commented. Might be hard keeping track of the whole place all by oneself, but she didn't know his life. For all she knew, he had a mighty army of wolves he could count on that just weren't with him now. Or maybe they were, which she couldn't see. She wouldn't put it past anyone to have such a thing, especially since she simply didn't know.

Poser

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
10-15-2016, 10:44 AM
His tail wags. There's something shining in his brilliant eyes tonight. Down on his belly, looking at the girl with a gentle gaze. Everything about him is gentle tonight. Poser is pleased, Poser is happy. He wouldn't give the girl a reason to run from him, he didn't feel an episode coming on. He's comfortable. Tonight he would be well adjusted and friendly. Soft even. The Poser that was, somewhere in the recesses of his mind, still Maksim. A dead name to him now, but he aches softly.

"I haven't for a little while. I miss it." There's something far away in the man's sapphire eyes. His insides rock with an ache once more, and he remembers why he tries not to feel anymore. Wistful. Beautiful and fantastic, the shadow looks to the girl. "Even if this becomes my home, you were here before me. You're welcome to be here... I don't need to give you permission or anything... I feel silly." Poser would blush if he could. "I just wanted to make sure you knew." He was trying to be friendly, but sometimes he's awkward too. It's easy to be awkward. Sometimes he slips that way, but that's okay too. He would slip and slide within himself, but he's happy.
your charged touch
poser

Faelyn

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
10-17-2016, 02:21 PM
Home wasn't something that she had really known throughout her life. There had been her home den for a long time, until her parents and siblings had been made to move with the changes of seasons and the movement of food. It had been a temporary thing for the longest time, a place that moved around and was transient, but it always existed. Now that she had set out on her own, she hadn't had what she would consider a home for quite some time, and she was looking for it again. Hopefully soon, but one could never tell.

"But if you took it, then I'd be trespassing," she said with a grin, so he'd know she was teasing (hopefully). "I think this would be a lovely place to have a pack though. Castle wolves," she concluded, imagining the halls and rooms filled with families and whatnot, because that was what her image of a pack was. It was one big family. She'd never seen anything to convince her otherwise, being relatively new to the idea of packs as a whole anyway.

"It'd be a shame to not be able to wander around here sometimes though," she said, going back to the idea of claiming the place. While she would like to see someone living here, she would be somewhat sad if that existence meant she couldn't hang out there, even though it was highly probable that would be the case. "So I'm glad you'd let me."

Poser

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
10-20-2016, 06:54 PM
Home is where your heart lives. Poser had taken that so literally the last few times, he was going to restrain himself from now on. He was going to make his own homes. He was going to make his own life for himself, and he was going to be the alpha male. Things like that, they were important. No more Jett. No more Hatter. No more god be damned Hare. All the things that had hurt him so badly in the past couldn't get him now. No heartbreak, no having them taken away, no losing control of himself. That last part was more important than the rest of the things he was thinking. No more losing control. That's what the drugs were for after all. They kept him balanced, they kept his head together. Chemical imbalance was enough to drive him mad.

There was a grin that cracked his dark face, tail thrashing wildly. Poser was happy, enjoying her words and enjoying her company. There was something fantastic about the girl, and he liked her company. Friendly and comfortable already. He's worked so hard to make that of himself. He would be friendly. He would be comforting as well as comfortable. He would be kind. Jesus, Poser was trying so hard. "I mean, hey, if you want to be the first one you're welcome to." There's something bright in his eyes, a promise of a better tomorrow. That's always the aim, right?

"Did you come from somewhere else, before here?" Poser isn't sure what he's asking, but maybe it's an inquiry of her nature. Is this girl also a vagabond? Is she a wanderer? Has she been like this her entire life, or was she as knew to being a nomad as he was? Honestly, he aches for a family.
your charged touch
poser

Faelyn

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
10-24-2016, 09:24 AM
She welcomed the offer of a home, though she wasn't certain she wanted to join forces with a male she had only just met. He seemed nice, but she had no idea what his ideals were. Besides, he might never get around to claiming this place and forming a pack (which was what she suspected he was going for) and she didn't want to wait around and hope. She wanted to take charge of her life and find a place for herself that she fit in perfectly and knew it. She thought she already had, but she just had to gather up the courage to go and do so.

"I'll keep that in mind," she said, because it was the truth and simply to be polite as well. She didn't oppose the idea of joining this man's pack presuming it fit her ideals and she had need of a home.

Somewhere else... "I was born in these lands, but not part of any pack. My family and I wandered about for a couple of years and now I've separated from them to find my own home." They had no need of her hanging around anymore, and so she'd taken her leave as they had moved on, enjoying their lives as loners. She missed them, truly she did, but she wasn't going to be alone with just them her whole life. It was dangerous, living out in the wilderness without a pack to help support you. [b]"Are you from elsewhere?"[b]

Poser

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
11-02-2016, 08:45 PM
Packs were good. Packs meant safety, meant something strong in his eyes. Fuck, he missed that strength. He missed having a family, a family filled with misfits and strange things. Lost things. Cold things that were learning to be warm again. That was what he'd had, both times he'd had a family. He's somewhere far away, yet he's right here. He's sitting here before the girl, before the stranger, interacting quietly. Peacefully. How strange that was to the things that raged inside him. A battle of the ages, right? Poser's head sucks sometimes.

He giggles. He giggles softly, tail wagging behind him. Poser is silken and graceful. Careful as he looks to the girl. Here, but not a home. Oh how sad that was. The shadow feels empty without a home. Feels... sore.

"I'm not of this place, or the last one I've haunted. But I've lived plenty of grand places... this reminds me of the last one. It was a stately old place, a madhouse. Beautiful of course... high ceilings, plenty of rooms." A literal madhouse. He'd lived in an actual asylum. Right. Morbid, but beautiful. "Before that, an abandoned power plant of the nuclear variety. The creatures that used it left a long time ago, and it was ours." Something about Poser is far off now. So, so far off. Even talking about it brings a glint to his eye, but he's speaking in that long ago way. If the girl let him, he'd go on for ages.

Things had changed. His befores had been lost, and this was an after.
your charged touch
poser

Faelyn

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
11-03-2016, 09:58 AM
Haunted... that sounded right. She was really just doing the same thing in all honesty, just wandering about until she found a place to call home permanently, though one could never really tell what would be permanent these days. Anything could happen, and even a pack could fall, though she certainly hoped that nothing like that would come to whatever pack she happened to join.

The places that he spoke of sounded amazing, and she wondered if they were areas that she could actually visit or if they lay beyond the lands she had been born in. They probably did, but if they didn't she would certainly like to see them someday, even if they sounded rather spooky.

"They sound like exciting places to live," she commented softly, trying to picture them in her mind and mostly failing because she had nothing to use for comparison. This man had clearly had a very intriguing life thus far, and no doubt he would continue to do so even after he left this conversation and building. Quite unlike her who so often had little going on for her.

Poser

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
11-09-2016, 09:55 PM
Even speaking of the days, bringing them back to the front of his mind, leaving him where the boxes were open and the files were fresh... it hurt. It hurt so badly, but it was the good kind of pain. A muscle soreness, an ache. An ache but a healthy one. There was something about speaking to those days that would allow him to heal. Right. That's what you need to do is heal. Get better. Get better and let the days not damage him so badly. Sure. Sure, that was the ideal, but here he was. Here he was something that couldn't be reached or touched or... he misses having someone to care about him. Someone to care about. Someone to sleep next to.

Fuck, he hates sleeping alone.

There were so many lands beyond here. There were tons of things that he couldn't really reach any longer. The island of the lost, that made him feel fantastic. That felt like home. This was... this was something he could get used to. The island was close by, even if he couldn't live on it. Here he is. She speaks softly to the fact, and a small chill runs down Poser's spine. "There's an island not so far from here, it's similar to those places. You can come exploring with me if you ever want to." His tail wags gently, eyes on the girl before him. Someone to explore with would be nice.
your charged touch
poser

Faelyn

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
11-10-2016, 01:05 PM
She was growing tired, because she'd been woken from sleep, but it was easy enough to remain awake having a conversation. There was nowhere she needed to be the next day, because she didn't need to report back to anyone, so she could sleep in as long as she needed or take a nap if she felt like it. No reason to complain about being kept awake or anything, and she would have even if she'd decided she wanted to.

Hmm, an island... she'd never been on an island before, so that would be interesting in and of itself. She nodded agreeably, looking forward to the chance to explore further, and actually with someone so that she didn't have to worry about getting attacked by some random loner or creature that passed by and thought she'd make a good snack. She probably would, considering she would only be able to defend herself so well. She was just a little thing after all.

"That sounds good," she agreed, though she wasn't certain when they would do such a thing. She had nothing but free time honestly, but he might not since he seemed to have grand plans for both this place and his life in general. She had no such goals in all honesty, and was just drifting through life until she found a home for herself and some goals to work towards. For now, that was her only goal.

Poser

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
11-11-2016, 10:22 PM
Someone to explore with, how freaking fantastic would that be. Poser is excited, simply for the fact he won't need to be alone when he goes. That's a great idea. Hell, it's hard when you aren't actually a wolf. They could eat him. Well, at least some of them could eat him. A wolfhound. A hound for hunting wolves. He could, if he wanted to. Poser didn't want to. Actually that was the last thing he wanted to do, hound wolves. Seemed awfully rude after all.

"We can get a good night's sleep and set out in the morning!" The creature nods once, a sort of finality. Poser is good at that. Finality in plans is what he aims for. "Pleasant dreams," On his feet with a wag of his tail, the shadow moves off to find his own corner of the castle for the evening. What a great night it had turned out to be.
your charged touch
poser

I can put a thread for them exploring up if you want?

Faelyn

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
11-14-2016, 10:27 AM
((Sounds good!))

Indeed, she'd much prefer to be able to get some sleep and then go for an adventure. She couldn't see as well in the dark as she could during the day, even though she could see at night. Besides, she was still tired, and she wanted to go back to sleep and wake up with her energy rejuvenated. Going on an adventure required a lot of energy after all. He wished her pleasant dreams, and she nodded her thanks as he moved away. It was easy for her to slip back into her little "den", curling up once more. Tomorrow was going to be a new, interesting day, and she was eager to see what would happen.

She wondered what all they would see on the island that he spoke up, and hoped that it was more fun than scary, because she supposed it could be a little spooky poking through abandoned places, especially if no one else had been there for some time even to poke around. They'd find out soon, she thought, finally drifting off once more.

-Exit Faelyn-