Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
09-22-2016, 12:49 PM

Things had been rather quiet for the male since the meeting. He'd managed to find a crevice in the side of the mountain that led to a slightly larger cave when you squeezed through the opening. It was a tight fit, barely taller than himself and barely wider, but he liked the thought of it. It was almost not noticeable depending on what angle you looked at it and he liked it already. He'd already begun to take pelts from his kills to lay them around to make it more comfortable. It wasn't completely perfect yet, but it was getting there. It certainly wouldn't be like his den when he'd lived with his tribe, but it would do.

Exiting his den through the crack in the mountain side, he padded through the territory. He quite enjoyed the fresh mountain air and this morning was no exception. The air was slightly cooler up here so it was less miserable and a soft breeze tugged at stray hairs on his ruddy pelt. He enjoyed it for a few moments before picking his way up the mountain side.

He was slow with his journey, going nowhere in particular, as he easily traversed across the rocks. The slope wasn't a hard one, he was used to worse, and he didn't stop until he'd reached a ledge where he could rest. It gave him an easy view of the mountain side so he flopped down on it and let his paws hang over the edge. He'd debated on mingling with the other members, but he wasn't going to actively seek them out yet. He was sure everyone was still settling in, so he chose to sit for the moment and enjoy himself.

Walk, "Talk" Think

[Image: pWd9xJD.png]
[Image: 3pAOohN.png]

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
09-25-2016, 08:57 PM
I SEE ANOTHER MOUNTAIN TO CLIMB BUT I GOT STAMINA

Drat! Karabela gazed down a particularly nasty slope. She'd been tracking some mountain goat but it seemed the group she had been following had managed to give her the slip. Not that it would've been to hard. The scent was faded by the time she caught it and part of her knew that this was most likely a lost cause but the trail led to an, until now, unexplored area and the young alphess was unable to help herself. Ah… well… with a sigh she turned and headed back toward the densite when on her way back she spied Tonrar resting on a nearby ledge.

Karabela hoped everyone was settling in well. She knew her tendency to wander could make her seem distant but she hoped she wasn't too off-putting to her members. "Hey Tonrar! How are you this fine day? Settling in well?"

"Speech"

[Image: qqwoqe.png][Image: karabelas_by_nnightcrawler-dais5gp.png]
[Image: k1dtly.png]
I'll take my throne, lay it on a mountain and make myself a king

Tonrar

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
10-28-2016, 04:13 PM
I rise above it all and
I'm not coming down

Tonrar was pretty sure he was going to stay sitting here alone for a while. Everyone was keeping to themselves for the most part (or at least not approaching him) which he supposed was okay. He was half tempted to go out and explore the mountain some more. There were a lot of areas he hadn't check out yet and he was eager to get familiar with the territory so that he could start doing border patrols to help Karabela out. He wanted to be able to learn all the nooks and crannies, any way someone could sneak out or in, and overall be able to pull his weight properly.

Speak of the devil.

His head turned as he heard a noise and he spotted Karabela heading down towards him. She greeted him politely and he dipped his head politely at her as she asked him a few questioned. He mulled them over for only a few seconds before replying.

"I'm settling in fine. I just finished setting up my den for the time being. I'm just enjoying the view now. How about yourself?"

"Speech"

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
10-29-2016, 08:32 PM

Karabela took a moment to take in the view. That was something she never seemed to get tired of here. The Knolls and the lower territories of Abaven had their beauties but nothing like the Maw. She felt the harshness of the living here made the beauty seem even more stunning in contrast to the ragged edges of the mountain ranges. She liked being able to see far, to look out and feel like the world was resting at her feet. She turned back to Tonrar as he spoke. It seemed he was settling in well and she was glad to hear it. Startling a new life in a new land was always a bit awkward at first and their group was still small and new. She nodded in answer to his question. "I've been enjoying the view as well and also trying to track some game but I was on a dry trail. The patterns of game are taking some getting used to in these mountains. I'm used to hunting on flat plains." She hoped her admission wouldn't make him see less of her or think she was mad. Settling in a land she wasn't raised in, didn't regularly hunt in, maybe she was crazy but she had always been a skilled explorer and a quick learner. "Have you had a chance to visit with any of your packmates yet? I think everyone is still settling in yet so don't worry if it seems a bit quiet."

"Speech"

Tonrar

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
10-30-2016, 12:52 AM
I rise above it all and
I'm not coming down

Tonrar soaked up the view for the moment as he listened to Karabela speak. It really had it's own beauty here even if it was different than he was used to. He was just glad that it wasn't completely blazing hot in the mountains. He was bred for freezing cold climates and lots of snow. His family had lived on an icy tundra that was mostly flat save for some icy mountains and hills. This mountain had its own dangers, but in a way it almost reminded him of home. The adjustment was taking some getting used to, but he couldn't complain. He did have to admit he enjoyed it here despite not really knowing anyone other than Raba.

"Where I used to live we hunted in the snow and lived in a tundra. Hunting there was definitely a lot different than here, especially when there were tracks in the snow to follow." He wasn't phased by her admitting she'd lost a trail, it happened, and he certainly didn't think less of her for it.

He felt a fair bit of guilt when she asked him if he'd visited with anyone else in the pack. He hadn't really made the effort to get to know anyone yet. He'd been so wrapped up with exploring and learning the lay of the land that he hadn't bothered. That and as the only defender of the pack he wasn't quite sure how to click with his new pack mates. In his tribe it had been easy. He'd grown up with them all, most of them family, and starting over was a challenge he was still working on overcoming. Not to mention a few of the pack mates were kids and he wasn't entirely sure how to act around them. He didn't dislike kids, but they made him feel awkward.

"No not yet. I've mostly spent my time looking around rather than socializing. What about you?" Did she have any information to offer about the new pack mates or was she still learning about them as well? He didn't want to come off as though he didn't want to socialize. He did, but he certainly didn't know how to start. One of them was deaf, he'd learned that at the meeting, two of them were kids, and then there was only a couple other adults. They seemed normal enough at least.

"Speech"

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
11-05-2016, 09:13 AM

Karabela enjoyed hearing about his homeland and wondered what it might be like to live in the tundra. She liked snow alright though she couldn't imagine living somewhere where there was so much of it almost all the time. However, she could definitely see how tracks in the snow would make it easier to find and track game though hopefully after the first snowfalls in the mountains they might gain a similar advantage or if not in the mountains then in the steppe. "Well, hopefully when winter rolls around you'll be able to apply that same advantage in the steppe. Speaking of hunting, I was wondering if you have some time between patrols would you be interested in instructing my niece? She's a quick learner and a decent hunter but she's mostly self-taught and a solo act. I feel she could benefit from a more seasoned members experience."

Karabela nodded to his question. "I guess I've been doing the same. There's just so much to explore in this territory that its easy to get caught up and carried away." She debated asking about his sister but wasn't sure if it was the right time. Tonrar was only just getting settled in and- an idea struck her. Would it be possible his sister had made contact with any of the packs in Boreas? Perhaps one of their scouts had seen her wandering through. "Tonrar, I've been thinking about your sister. If you ever need time to go and search for her or inquire about her in any packs you need only ask. I intend to visit some of the other packs as well to inquire about trade deals. If you like I can ask if anyone might have seen her." While Karabela's own relationship with her siblings had fallen apart a long time ago she still wondered and worried about them. The ties had never severed fully and she doubted she could every stop caring about them and hoping they were well and happy wherever they were.

"Speech"

Tonrar

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
11-14-2016, 04:16 PM

Tonrar wasn't quite sure how his expertise would translate over to snowy mountains. He supposed to danger was roughly the same, but he wouldn't know until it started snowing. He made a mental note to himself to make himself very familiar with the lands before then. He certainly didn't want to make a fool of himself during a hunt.

He was a bit surprised when Raba requested that he train her niece. A puzzled expression overtook him for a moment as he thought on it. He didn't have much to do other than patrols. No one had trespassed, not that he thought anyone would, and he was pretty bored. Taking on someone would not only allow him to familiarize himself with his pack mates but keep him busy as well. Eventually he nodded.

"I'd be happy to assess her hunting skills and go from there."

He was glad he wasn't the only one tending to get a bit overwhelmed by the amount of space the mountain provided. The nooks and crannies were endless and he was determined to learn them all. It was a challenge he'd accepted readily.

Their topic didn't remain on the terrain for long and he was surprised once again when his sister came up. He hadn't had the chance to think on her much. He was a logical creature and had easily rationalized that his older sibling could take care of herself. He still intended on tracking her down, but he wasn't going to jeopardize his standing in his new home to do so. Raba's offer to assist him was a little shocking. He would have assumed not many would care to help out.

"It would be appreciated if you asked around. I eventually planned to do some scouting myself. It'd be easier if I had any leads, but I haven't seen hide nor tail of her."

Walk, "Talk" Think

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
11-22-2016, 09:50 PM
ooc: did you want Karabela to go ahead and ask Bass about Una in her thread with him? I wasn't sure how soon you were wanting Tonrar to get word of his sister. Also sorry this is short >< My muse is fickle

Karabela was pleased to hear Tonrar agree to assess Dagmær's skills. The more the girl could learn the better. "Thank you, Tonrar. I'm glad to hear it, I'll go ahead and call her here, I think she should still be in the territory." It was hard to say for sure, Dag was about as bad about wandering as Karabela was herself. Tipping back her head she howled for her niece so that she could properly introduce the two and perhaps, if Tonrar had the time, they could get started training or at least get to know each other.

She nodded. "I'll try to make sure I ask then." She hoped she would remember and not get to easily swept up in negotiations and business. She owed Tonrar that much at least.

"Speech"

Dagmær

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
12-02-2016, 09:01 PM
Dagmær had been eyeing a particularly fat, arrogant, annoying chipmunk when she heard her aunts call. At first she didn't move as she continued to eye the chattering creature that continued to mock her. Her tail twitched as she tensed. Dagmær frowned. No, she better not keep her aunt waiting and she swore at the little creature, vowed revenge and swiftly moved to answer the woman's call.

She arrived to see her aunt standing near a man she vaguely knew as Tonrar. She dipped her head in greeting to the man before turning to her aunt. "You called me, Karabela?" She supposed she should address her alphess by the title Chieftan but something about family ties made it a difficult habit to adopt.

Tonrar

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
12-04-2016, 10:53 PM
ooc: If you still want Raba to ask about Una you can. Idk where you're in that thread or not, but if she doesn't that's okay too.

Tonrar had never had an apprentice before, but he'd seen Dagmaer before. She was young, but not pup age so that relieved him. He didn't necessarily want to be put in charge of teaching a kid to hunt. Children, more times than not, couldn't focus worth a damn. They had short attention spans, were interested in everything, and hard to get them to retain anything if it was something that was boring. If he'd been asked to teach that kid that had been at their first meeting he might have declined. For what it was worth though he wanted to be helpful. If teaching this younger wolf helped that then he would.

He sat and waited as Karabela howled for her niece. She arrived quickly enough and he dipped his head back to her in polite greeting. He eyed her as she addressed Raba next and he glanced toward the Chief to see what would be said. This was here idea so he wasn't going to intrude in explaining it. So he left the floor open for the larger wolf and waited patiently.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
12-17-2016, 03:51 PM
ooc: the thread ended before she could ask so I'll just pretend it happened before this xD She can ask later when she visits again. I don't know if you want to continue with Tonrar and Dag here or just fast forward to a new thread when Tonrar returns from his search. Just let me know, I'm cool with either.

Karabela waited patiently for her niece to arrive but soon the girl was there and the Chieftan paused for a moment. Goodness… Dagmær was growing fast. She smiled at both Tonrar and Dag before turning to address her niece. "Dagmær, you mentioned that you were hoping to learn more about hunting, particular in a pack and with your fellow packmates. Tonrar is an accomplished hunter and I believe he will be a good mentor to you." She stretched lightly. "I'll let you two talk and work out what you would like to do regarding your training Dagmær. Tonrar, I enjoyed our talk and I'll let you know if I find out anything regarding Una. For now I must return to my duties." She dipped her head to them both and left towards the eastern border.

-exit-

"Speech"

Dagmær

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
12-31-2016, 03:42 PM
ooc: since we're starting a new thread shall we just call this one done?

"Really? Awesome!" Dagmær practically bounced when her aunt gave her the news that Tonrar was willing to teach her more about hunting. She was excited to learn from a fellow pack mate and was certain she'd pick up some useful techniques. Karabela excused herself from the group and Dag turned to the man. "Hey, thanks for offering to teach me! There's only so much I can pick up by myself and Karabela's been so busy and Birna is… well… Birna." Also known as her royal cumudgeoness. The woman was difficult to get close to and Dag had a lot of trouble working up the nerve to ask her for any favors.