gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
10-03-2016, 11:13 PM
Introduction

I have been working on and off on a sort of story-line for Caelum, and those who are close to her for some time now. In order to get things going finally I am needing to adopt out a few characters. Some are entirely new and you will have a great deal of freedom to make them your own so long as they fit within the story and can play their intended roles well. Others have some predetermined elements, but I will allow applicants for all of them to flesh things out in their own ways and get creative with their characters.

Please only apply if you are really interested in getting into the nitty gritty of the story and can promise you will be semi-active. I reserve the right to take back any characters that are adopted out if I feel you aren't meeting my requirements, even if it is one of Caelum's pups. I can and will take back characters and designs that are mine if they go inactive for a month with no explanation. Please consider that before you apply! Adopting one of these characters will mean that you agree to be involved in plotting with me and other people who own characters that are a part of the story, and I may start group chats to discuss plots so everyone knows what is going on. It is my ultimate goal to one day make this into a comic, so I reserve the right to make one based on events that play out here involving these characters.

------------------------------

Summary of Caelum's story so far

Caelum met her mate at a young age, likely around a year or year and a half. They spent a lot of time talking and playing and Caelum quickly fell in love with him. He grew into a tall, bruteish man, towering above her slender frame. Appearance-wise they were opposites, and some would say their personalities only just managed to compliment each other. Zephyr was very tough and he thrived on gaining the respect of others. Caelum however was a light-hearted and gentle soul. Others tended to gravitate towards her friendly and welcoming personality. Over time they set out to build their own pack, and though there were struggles they were quite successful.

Caelum was often the one who met and convinced other wolves to join their pack, with her infectious happiness and outgoing nature. That was how she met Inverno and several others who ended up joining the pack, which Zephyr had called the West Wind pack(the man had quite an ego and had named his pack after the meaning of his own name). Caelum had three litters with Zephyr, and it was around the time her last litter was born that her life suddenly took a turn.

Hiding in the surrounding woods had been a group of strangers, part of a tribe that worshiped dark entities and thought it their duty to eliminate all packs that did not hold the same beliefs. They struck in the dead of night, first taking down the guards who had been on watch that night, and then slowly moving through the territory and attacking anyone they saw before the alarm could be raised. By the time someone howled out a warning it was too late, most of the pack had been either killed of maimed horribly. Caelum had been out with the evening patrol and had left her oldest offspring and a pack member in charge of her den. She didn't get a chance to see who was who. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a stranger racing off, and in a rage she tore after them, hoping to catch them before they escaped. Zephyr saw her running and assumed she was simply leaving them.

(There is a bit more I had to keep short for the sake of not having a massive wall of text, and other details of the story and what happens next will be discussed once some people's apps are accepted. I mostly kept it to Cae's story but you will see how everyone fits once you get into the wall of text that are their info. I pity the souls who read all this.... sorrynotsorry.)

I will be separating them into groups in multiple replies for the sake of organization. I will provide a basic outline of what the character should be like, but remember that when you apply for one you will have freedom to alter them slightly, flesh them out and further develop the character as you see fit. Not everything is set in stone, and not everything has been written with the intention of allowing players to better connect with the character they adopt.

Application form

Name: Name of character you are applying for, can include ideas for names of unnamed characters, or a name change if you have another name in mind for a character. Just make sure you specify who you are applying for so i don't have to guess.
Age: Easy enough. I leave ages flexible for most characters so let me know what you think works.
Gender: If applicable for characters who I haven't decided on.
Appearance: Flesh out provided outline, or develop yous own ideas for looks. If you ask real nice I can do sketchy designs for characters I have not provided a sketch of already, or I can help design any of the pup adopts bc let's be honest I love designing.
History: Fleshed out history. Go into more depth than what I've provided, give the lowdown on what this character has gone through so far.
Future plans: Ideas for further plots, plans, anything you think could happen in this crazy story that involves this character.
RP sample: Easy enough.
Why you want the character: Explain what draws you to them, why you want them specifically. Will help me decide if you will be committed enough to them.
Design refs if you want to use/make your own: Link the design you wish to use, or tell me if you want me to design something.
Other details or ideas: Anything you come up with that will add more to the character, or just thoughts you want to add. Can be formatted like the details I put in the outlines.

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Future plans:[/b]
[b]RP sample:[/b]
[b]Why you want the character:[/b]
[b]Design refs if you want to use/make your own:[/b]
[b]Other details or ideas:[/b]

Caelum

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
10-03-2016, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2016, 08:47 PM by Caelum.)
First group!
All closed!
These characters come with design idea sketches located here Link!

Asha - CLOSED (Adopted by shrapnel)

Basic appearance: "She has steel-grey eyes that match her mainly grey pelt. Her only real markings are black points on her face, ears, and legs. Her body is speckled with black so it looks like bits of black ash have settled on her fur." Her eye color can be changed depending on what you want to change it to, and if you have ideas for changes to her design I will consider them but the base pelt must stay grey with dark points.

Basic personality: She's feisty and witty and really loves her sarcasm. Generally Asha acts like kind of an asshole, but deep down she's not half bad. She is sassy and was extremely close with Zephyr. Never really got along with Caelum because she doesn't know when to back off or let things go. She would often start confrontations and challenge cae's authority in front of the pack. She can be bold and reckless a lot of the time, often failing to think before she acts. This may lessen as she ages though.

Quick History: Asha was brought into the pack by Zephyr so she is much closer to him than anyone else who was a part of that pack, and she really does not get along with Caelum. It is possible the two will be butting heads somewhat frequently. They don't hate each other, but I imaging it's likely that Asha had a crush on Zeph as some point before she followed him to join his pack and resents Cae a bit. Caelum also has a knack for seeing right through Asha's snippy attitude and that annoys the hell out of Ash.

She got along okay with most of the pack aside from cae, though she gets along significantly better with males and rarely if ever befriends females. Mostly she just prefers the male sense of humor and enjoys frequently joking around and wrestling with others for fun. However, being a bold, quick to act and slow to consider the consequences sort of girl, it wasn't totally unforseeable that she would eventually get into some trouble. As of yet the details are undecided, but the jist of it is that she did something to endagner another pack member, possibly getting them injured but it was definitely reckless. This event lead to Caelum kicking her out of the pack, and as a result she was not there when the attack happened.

Other final details:
-She may be involved with the individuals who raided the pack, not necessarily a part of it but she might have met or been friends with them.
- (Zephyr was very angry when he found out asha was kicked out and fought with Caelum for days about it afterwards.Not really specific to her character but I need to remember this lol)
-Asha may have witnessed the raid from afar or seen the aftermath.
-She might not really hate caelum as much as she seems to, but they've never talked long enough to really come to an understanding.
- Chaotic good might be an appropriate alignment for her but it i up to the adopter ultimately as to what they see most fitting.

Zephyr - CLOSED (adopted by Nyx)
(Zephyr is HUGELY important to the story here, so he needs someone who will be committed to being active and contributing to furthering the plot. If you think you won't be able to keep him somewhat active or keep threads with him alive that is not a good fit for him)

Age: Probably the same age as Caelum as they met when they were very young and spent their early years together.

Gender: Male, cannot be changed for hopefully obvious reasons.

Basic Personality: He has always kind of been an ass. Much like his friend Asha he is witty and sarcastic, almost always full of quick retorts and biting insults. It usually takes until someone gets past the first few rounds of snarky banter before he will start to reveal other aspects of his persona. If you can dish out the comebacks as fast as he can return them it's likely he will develop a fondness for your thick skin and quick thinking. Soon one finds that he is an incredibly charming individual. He's one of those guys who can get almost anything with a few choice words and his winning smile. He also has quite the ego.

Please note that his personality will be two-fold like Caelum's, meaning that he will change a bit after the attack. He will definitely have layers and I'm looking for someone who can play a character who has layers and is more than they seem at first glance. As for the rest of his personality I will let the adopter play with it a bit. He is ultimately a good yet tortured soul, and he really takes the deaths of his family members hard.

Basic Appearance: Dark brown hues with darker markings. I'll be making a few design sketches for him that can be chosen from, but sea-foam green is a must for his eye color. He also will likely have a myriad of scars.

Quick History: He shares an early history with Caelum, having met her young and started a pack with her. The man had a habit of wandering, always in search for someone new to keep his wits sharp and also for the entertainment. This was how he met Asha, and after developing a fondness for her ability to keep pace with his wit he invited her to join his pack.

The real interesting parts of his story begin after the attack. Much like Caelum he started out wandering aimlessly, distraught and broken. Having seen her running off in the midst of the fray, he could only assume she had abandoned them, though he still thought her to be dead like the rest. It was only after an unknown number of days spent wandering and feeling lost that he bumped into another male who would soon become an important figure in Zeph's life from that point onward.

The man was a hired fang, someone who would kill or perform unsavory acts for a little compensation. Something drew Zeph to this man, and after a few weeks of getting to know each other they formed a strong bond, becoming close as life-long friends. Soon Zephyr took interest in his friend's work, asking to learn to do such things with ease. It was a defining moment in his life, and deep down he questions whether or not he did the right thing. Before the attack, even if he was sort of an ass at times he would have never considered taking another wolf's life unless he had no other choice. Now though, he has lost such purity of heart. It makes him feel dirty, causing him to struggle to push down those emotions on a daily basis.

The day he saw her was one he would never be able to erase from his mind. It had been raining for several hours, just a drizzle but enough to cause him to seek cover. With nothing better to do he lay down and attempted to rest for a while, closing his eyes but not totally losing consciousness. Time spent with his new friend and mentor taught him to always be prepared to spring at a moment's notice. When someone approached he took his sweet time before sitting up and conversing with her. She reminded him of someone he knew a long time ago. Someone he wanted to forget, and he'd almost managed to do so when he met this woman. She looked ragged, worse that he had at his lowest point. When he realized who it was he simply couldn't control his emotions. He lashed out at her. Eventually she ran away, and it was probably for the best that they didn't speak any more that day. He had blamed Caelum for everything that happened. Zephyr wasn't ready at that time to see her. Seasons later though, he would go in search of her, or maybe just the closer only she could bring.

Other details:
- He is a mess, but deep down he has always been a good guy who just makes foolish choices in the heat of the moment.
- He is only aware of Caelum being alive and has no clue Inverno is around, or that anyone else who is part of the story is around.
- Deep down he loves Caelum deeply, but they aren't the best match for one another right now.
- Still doesn't know who attacked the pack, or why Cae ran off.
- His player will have freedom to further develop his character and once they reach some resolution he could possibly search for a new family, who knows.

Zeph's Mentor/friend - CLOSED (Adopted by Keno)
Age: older than Zephyr. Will likely be getting on in years a bit, though he isn't ancient.

Gender; Male.

Basic personality: Values toughness and rarely shows emotions he doesn't want others to see. Currently dislikes the pack qay of life and instead prefers staying with a few friends. He doesn't take life or death very seriously outside of trying to keep himself and his companions alive. Very rough exterior, doesn't socialize often and if bad at making friends. He's much more skilled in making enemies. Clearly he has a soft spot for the broken and hurting though, as evidenced by his friendship with Zephyr.

Basic appearance: go wild, though scars are likely to be part of his design. Whatever best reflects tough old guy, or I can also come up with some sketches for him.

Basic History: He spent a lot of time as a fighter in a military style pack and grew to dislike pack systems. He has nothing against most pack wolves, he just doesn't fit well into that sort of life. Eventually he became a hired fang, performing unsavory tasks for others. He is a bit picky with the jobs he takes and will only accept a job he knows won't keep him up at night.

rest of his history details are up to the adopter.

Details:
- May know of crooked tooth.
- Probably has a few kids he doesn't know about.
- Spends a year molding zephyr into a killer. And is great full for the company.
- Little bit sarcastic.
- Older
- Handsome

Caelum

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
10-03-2016, 11:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2017, 10:31 AM by Caelum.)
MAJOR EDIT!

The tribe member plot is being officially abandoned, due to no one who adopted ever getting their characters accepted and a lack of interest in this plot idea I am abandoning the tribe idea entirely. If anyone is interested in playing an antagonist in this storyline please see the Abraxas family info and plot page as they will be the ones replacing my old idea. If you have any questions PM me on Caelum or Mara's account.

Caelum

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
10-04-2016, 12:08 AM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2016, 08:40 PM by Caelum.)
Last but not least, the pups!
I will be happy to draw designs for them and I will link two open designs I have already for anyone interested. You may also bring in your own if it works well and resembles at least one parent

Available designs for pups: One!  Two!  Taken by Andro for Eura  Four!  

There will be a few pups who survived. They can only be from Caelum's first two litters as all of the last one died in the raid. They can be either four or three years old. They may have heard their father's account of the attack if they ran into him ever (almost entirely impossible, so most meetings between involved characters will take place in character after they are adopted.) but they will not have heard from Caelum or know she is alive.

They must combine their parents colors or strongly resemble one parent in some way.  I think more of the base coats are white, so a lot of the pups resemble Cae in color but zephyr's sea-foam green eyes show up more in the pups than Cae's blue. Personalities may vary but all should be towards the good alignment. Please be as detailed in your applications as possible! Much of their stories will be untold so you have a lot of freedom to decide what has happened to them. Also know that there will be a family reunion of sorts and much drama involved with them in the future.

A last note is that you don't have to use any of the names listed in Caelum's profile if you don't want. I will be updating her profile after the pups are adopted since she hasn't spoken of them in character. I imagine at least the first litter was fairly large so I will add filler names for pups who are deceased. Also names can be nature themed, Caelum's I believe is Latin and has to do with the sky/heavens. Zephyr means the west wind so play off of those if you like.

Shrapnel

IT'S OVER 9000!

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
10-04-2016, 12:11 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2016, 05:12 PM by Shrapnel.)
Done! So long ;_; I'm sorry for the long read, I've never written this much for a char before lol

Name: Asha
Appearance: 28" 60 lbs

Asha is really sort of a dainty looking thing at first glance. She's got the slim appealing figure of a female while not being the shortest of her species either. She's got very pronounced hips and the rest of her bones like to peek out at the more pointier bits of her appearance. She's far from unhealthy and actually keeps herself very well fed - she just has a high metabolism that burns through anything she eats and thus she has a very nice and slim figure. Her stomach curves in slightly and her chest and neck is probably the widest part of her which honestly isn't very wide at all. She's narrow, sleek, and has long thin legs than almost seem very much like a maned wolf, yet she isn't quite that tall. Even her paws are tiny, narrow, thin, and very pronounced.

Long silky fur drapes over her in an elegant sort of way (though she is anything but) and her appearance makes her seem like everything she's not. Her fur isn't very thick and certainly isn't meant for colder climates, but it's smooth like the soft down of bird feathers and is like touching the nicest of satin. It's thickest and longest around her neck, on her chest, and around her tail before it thins out and shortens everywhere else.

Nothing about her has any color to it whatsoever. Her eyes are a glacial silver color that peer out past a medium gray base coat. Her face is nothing but the darkest of ebony before it faces out towards her cheeks and her forehead. Her ears pick back up the onyx before the gray takes over. Her silt-like legs start as black by her paws and fade as they go up towards her elbows and knees and her tail is fashioned in similar taste. The most unique feature about her is the dark random speckles that scatter across her coat which is like a reminder of darker colored ash falling from a volcano to kiss her pretty pelt.

Her posture is nothing to gawk at. Her eyes scream defiance at every turn and overall she has a very uncaring and laid back kind of way of walking. She's very reckless in her motions and often had a tendency to be clumsy if she isn't paying attention. Nothing about her is elegant and yet she certainly gives off that appearance while standing still. Overall she's a walking contradiction to her personality.

Personality: (I want to flesh out her personality a lot if I get her c:)

Asha wants to believe that she's bigger than she seems.

She's got "little wolf syndrome" even though that's probably not even a thing. She knows that, in reality, she's not very big and so she tries to make up for it with her personality. She has a bit of an ego and takes pride in her ability to come out with witty sarcastic remarks. She's an intelligent being and likes to try and figure other wolves out - to her its a game to play. Why do they do the things they do? It's fun for her to determine exactly what another is like, how they'll react to situations, how easy they are to piss off, how to test their patience, their limits, and overall anything about them. If she figures it out fast she's very easily bored, but if you're a mystery then that's where the fun is. Stoic, cold, and otherwise reserved characters intrigue her. For her they're a harder puzzle to solve and she'll spend most of her time trying to unlock the mysteries that lie beneath their mask. She takes pride in being able to crack it and feels an immeasurable sort of pride in it.

To put things simply though Asha doesn't get along well with her own gender. While she does take pride in being able to read wolves, she has a severe dislike for females in general. She finds it hard to click well and often times doesn't agree with half the things they do. There's really no reason for this except she fits in more with males. She doesn't believe she's a male, she knows painfully well that she's more feminine, and yet conversation and fun comes more naturally while around the opposite sex. For the most part she tries to avoid females (unless they're pups) and will often seek out the company of a male than anything else. She tends to be quite awkward around her own gender and more often than not will look for an opportunity to leave their presence if it's presented.

Asha is not tactful. Asha can be an asshole. Asha... well she's Asha. She's got a sarcastic mouth to her and has no filter at all when it comes to what she says. Anything and everything will spill from her and she has little care if you take offense to it. She comes off as abrasive in some cases and more times than not ends up offending those in her company. She's as reckless and wild as a tornado and often doesn't feel remorse for her actions (if at all.)

While she's an intelligent creature she doesn't often think before she acts for things. She lets her body decide what she does first which gets her in more trouble than most her age. Her wild temperament hasn't slowed down at all and one might even call her immature in most cases. She's reckless, free, untamable, and she takes pride in her independence. She has a tendency to avoid packs as she doesn't like authority very much and she's very challenging. Asha is a hot head by nature and due to her lack of a filter she can be quite vulgar in her language (so children beware.) She's not a very good influence and more times than not, if you piss her off, she's quite snippy and has no problem using her teeth.

She's brazen, she's fearless, she's brash - she has a stupid kind of courage to her that screams trouble. While most would step away from any sort of danger where pain is the out come, Asha takes it in stride and faces it head on. She's careless with her actions and has no sense of fear where herself is concerned. She'll do something wild and stupid and laugh about it later and all the while enjoy the thrill it gives her. To put it short she tends to be an adrenaline junkie and enjoys the rush it gives her.

She wants to believe she's a fighter at heart. She's a spitfire with an idiotic kind of crazy nature. She's a trouble maker and she knows it. She has a dislike at being looked down upon and enjoys proving others wrong just ot rub it in their faces later. She knows she's tiny and therefore she aims to seem bigger than she appears.

She can be loyal to those who have proven themselves worthy though. If she warms up to you you have a joyful little spitfire who would go to hell and back just to make you happy. There's a lot of good in her heart if you can take the time to drag it out of her. Once you've gained her affection there's no going back - you're stuck with her forever.
History: When Zephyr came into her life he was a god send. Automatically she took to the male and she found herself attracted to his personality so it was an easy decision joining his pack. Life wasn't as enjoyable when she ran into Caelum for the first time. Somehow the female saw right through her which irritated the hell out of her. Overall most of her animosity towards the female came from a myriad of things ranging from jealousy over Zephyr, dislike for authority figures, and her general dislike of females altogether.

The thing about her was she was friends with just about anyone who she wanted to be friends with. Pups were easy for her to play with - her immature nature made her a good target to be able to relate to kids. Even wolves outside of the pack she befriends and she had little care as to who it was. It was easy for her to befriend the wolves who raided the pack, but of course she'd had no prior knowledge of it until the after math, but that came later.

Since pups were so easy for her to get along with (they were so readable with their personalities) there was one in particular she enjoyed seeing. He was a playful little guy with so much spirit and enthusiasm for everything. Naturally, in the strange reckless way she always did things, it was easy for them to go to the flooded nearby river. It had just stormed and the waters raged through angrily and all terrifying. The kid seemed a little leery about it but still Asha managed to convince him to play the game. There was a log that stretched across the river - it was a ragged and moss covered thing and very slippery from the constant spray of water. She danced across it eagerly and taunted the boy when she got to the other side as she dared him to cross it too. He was hesitant at first but with Asha's prodding he still did it.

He was halfway across when things went wrong.

He was still young and certainly didn't have the same stength and confident stability that older wolves had. All it took was one slip and he went tumbling into the river. Shell shocked, Asha was unable to move until it hit her that he was drowning. She had howled for help yet dived in anyways. She managed to save the boy from dying that day, but the damage was done. Her reckless nature hadn't gone unnoticed and ultimately Caelum banished her from the pack. Angry and regretful she tried to leave, but she hung around for a little bit. Some part of her believed it was a joke and that if she waited long enough she'd be allowed back when Zephyr came back.

She never got that chance to return home though. She had been gone for the most part of it, out hunting really, but when she'd came back the rabbit fell from her jaws. Most wolves lay dying or horribly maimed as she trotted through the after math of the battle. How could something so horribly drastic have happened in such a short amount of time. The worst part of it was she recognized some of the scents which scared her more. While she'd been angry at Caelum for kicking her out she certainly hadn't wished this upon the entire pack. Out of fear mostly she fled that day, unable to think of what else she could do and not wanting to be blamed for the catastrophe that transpired that night.

Future plans: I want her to meet up with Caelum at some point and halfway work their shit out (though I doubt they will fully) and I definitely want her to see Zeph again at some point. She'll be a trouble maker, I know that much, and I want her to be bring in all sorts of fun mischief plots that get her and whoever she's with in trouble. I want her to be fun and brave and most of all I want other people to enjoy threading with her as much as I'm sure I'll love posting with her.

RP sample: For the sake of the rp I'm gonna make the name of the unnamed char Ches (though now that I think about it he could make a nice adopt too c: )

It was early morning when Asha awoke. Her sleep tended to fluctuate and today it seemed as though it was one of those "early bird gets the worm" kind of days. She had no problem waking up and after a good stretch she was up and ready to go. A quick breakfast was all the time she needed to wait to see if any of the kids were awake. After scarfing down the rabbit she'd hunted she excitedly looked for her favorite pup to be around. He was a young and boisterous boy with the kind of energy that clashed well with her own. They seemed to click really well and overall she thoroughly enjoyed Ches' company despite him being a bit younger than herself. He wasn't even a year old yet and still it seemed she had no problem dragging the younger wolf into all sorts of adventures. Now that she thought about it, she realized she could be very persuasive when she wanted to be.

She sneakily headed off towards the family's den. She peered into it - the dim lighting barely illuminated the mouth of the cave as the sun slowly tried to creep into the sky. She could see Ches' sleeping form and she softly woofed to get his attention. The boy's head rose slowly and a grin crept along her mouth as she realized how tired he was. As soon as Ches realized who was at the mouth of their den though he quickly bounded to his feet and met her outside.

"Hey Asha, what are you doing here?" he asked her curiously and eyed her with a mischievous smile. She grinned back at him with a playful glint in her eyes. "We're gonna go on another adventure, but it's a surprise, okay?" He seemed to accept her invitation so she easily whisked him silently away from his den. Her onyx paws squished softly in the mud beneath them, yet she found she didn't mind getting dirty. Today was supposed to be a fun day so she certainly didn't mind the need to take a bath later. It'd been raining more than a lot and she'd already gotten a good look at the river. The same log that always ran across it still seemed like a fun little dare and she couldn't wait to get there.

They arrived quickly enough and she glanced back at Ches to see him gaping at the enraged river. Flooding was an understatement and it rushed past them angrily. It was barely confined anymore, but she felt no fear while staring at it. Hopping up on the log was an easy thing for her to do. She'd done it a million times by now and her claws found easy purchase on the slick and slightly decaying wood. Ches eyed her more nervously now but she beamed at him encouragingly. "it'll be fine, I promise Ches. I've done this loads of times." She assured him before dancing across it haphazardly. Once she was almost all the way across she hopped down the the muddy earth below and whirled to look at the other bank where he stood. "Come on!" She goaded. "Unless you're a chicken!" She teased.

Ches gave her a sly look and seemed to be more than determined to prove that he was indeed no a chicken. So he hopped a little bit more carefully than she had up on the log. His legs shook slightly as he slowly sound his balance and finally, one step after another, he began to cross. He seemed so focus that she could only watch him with an open mouthed grin. She had ideas of all the mud puddles they could romp in together once he got across. She'd barely noticed it when one foot slipped on a slick patch of lichen. It happened so fast that her grin slowly faded as she took a minute to realize what was happening. One minute he'd been there and the next... well he was in the river. His head had been above the water and then it poofed as if he'd never been there at all.

In a panic now, which was a mostly rare occurrence, she howled for help. It was the only thing she could think of to do if she wasn't able to save him. It took no thought at all to launch herself into the river after him. The rough current tore at her and she had issues staying afloat. So she let it drag her under and she searched for him. Her head broke free again as she came up for air and she frantically searched for her friend. There! Ches' form bobbed up from underneath the current for a moment and she padded furiously to get to him. Clamping onto the nape of his neck, she got a good lock on his scruff and refused to let go and they were torn dangerously down-river. She did her best to get to the bank, but the waters were too strong for her scrawny body to fight. It wasn't until they bashed into a rock that she finally managed to stop them both from going any further.

By that point the pack had already begun to catch on that something was wrong. A few braved the waters to come help them and not even ten minutes later they were both on dry land once again. Heaving from the effort and feeling as though someone had dropped a tree on her and then tried to drown her, she could only stare at Ches as they managed to pump the water from his lungs. Guilt and regret was all she could feel until finally he started breathing once again. It wasn't until after he'd been led to the den that Caelum turned on her.

She hadn't liked the woman to begin with, but she really didn't like her now as she stared defiantly at the angry woman. She didn't need her upset with her to know that she'd made a mistake, but for once she kept her mouth shut and listened with her ears pinned back against her soaking wet skull as Cae laid into her about how irresponsible and reckless she was. How she'd almost killed an innocent boy, and her expression didn't change until the word "banished" was used." What?! She couldn't banish her! It was a mistake, an accident, she hadn't done it on purpose. "I didn't mean to!" She stamped angrily, but Caelum didn't budge and in the end she was chased from the pack lands with tears in her eyes and nothing but anger, hurt, and despair. How could such a perfect morning end in such a disaster?

Why you want the character: Because I feel like I can connect with her soooo well. She seems like so much fun to write with and I love the witty, spitfire, gung-ho kind of characters that are so chaotic. I love that she acts first and maybe thinks later and I can relate to that on so many levels. Overall I can see her stirring up so much shit in both Cae's life and everyone else's and I can imagine she'll still be super sore about Cae kicking her out of the pack so there's that c:

Design refs if you want to use/make your own: NOPE

Other details or ideas: If anything needs to be changed please let me know!

Vadim I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player

Famous
10-06-2016, 04:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2016, 07:50 PM by Vadim I.)
Name: Styx Charon
Appearance: you see him!

History: He has an infamous history, a long trail of blood that is left in his wake, spilled from his many victims. He is a sight for sore eyes and his renown strikes fear in the heart of those who know of him. He spent the majority of his youth killing small animals and even some other children for fun, as an adult he turned to mercenary work to tame the beast inside always looking to kill, kill, kill. He doesn't remember Inverno, even though he is the story behind many of Inverno's scars. He doesn't remember many of the faces owned by the lives he's claimed, but he has an endless thirst for more.
Future plans: He calls himself the king of the dead, and has since he'd met with the dark tribe. They believe in magic not far from voodoo, spells woven in blood that tie him to the afterlife. He's always hunting for tribute toward his army of dead, believing that once he claims their life he owns it forever.
RP sample: coming soon, yikes.
Why you want the character: Well, I've had this design sitting around and I've wanted something to do with it for some time. He might be on hold for a little bit because I will be definitely buying him some extra height.
Design refs if you want to use/make your own: refs
Other details or ideas: I am open to tweaks and plots!

Edit: Roleplay sample below.
Ink covered limbs carried him across the unclaimed as free as the wings of a Raven soared the sky. Every time they met the earth in their step, the terrain clung to their blackness as if begging them not to leave- refreshing the scent of earth that he usually carried. The further he traveled down the bank of the river, the more and more dirt accumulated and climbed up each of those black pillars and embedded within the density of his pelt. Toes would flirt with the edge of a running stream of crisp mountain water, unaffected by the presence of mud as he knew it played it's part in hiding the scent of his masculinity and returning stealth to his attributes.

He was four years old now, in his prime and fully grown- the only survivor of what had been a strong litter.. though, it was safe to say the beast liked it that way. Through-out his years, his tall skeleton had gained the muscle mass that kept him from the lankiness of his youth- though with the blessing of his size came the burdens testosterone could sometimes bring. Blood that was quick to boil over from even the slightest hint of a challenge, a constant thirst for conquer that left him unable to remain a recluse any longer. He was driven to make his mark in this new world, and the thrill of the hunt had never been more compelling. Pure muscle sculpted around his jaws, surrounding them heavily and trailing down his neck to leave one to believe that he had been an active hunter, though in these new lands he had not overlooked the lack of healthy prey for him to sate his thirst for blood. No, he needed more.

Limestone eyes might have been misleading, shimmering with a false kindness as they scanned the river bank for any signs of traffic in the area. They were alive and passionate, quickly drawn from one feature to the next as he searched; he would not stop until he found evidence to lead him to the first life he'd lay claim over in Boreas- be it prey, predator, or even wolf.
[Image: vadim_by_nnightcrawler-dais3pi.png]

Áki

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
10-06-2016, 09:34 PM
Name: Zephyr

Appearance: reference!

Zephyr has the build of a fighter, without question. He is massive in stature, far larger than most wolves ever grow to be, standing at a solid 42 inches tall. His build is solid and bulky, his limbs lined with the muscles of a warrior.

His base coat is a dark brown, similar to the color of tree bark. His face bears a darker hue, resembling a mask slightly. A lighter tan color sweeps over his chest and belly, creeping up toward his back as well as around to his ears.

His eyes are a soft sea-green. They have always been full of expression, despite his rough outward personality - easily revealing the hurt and joy that they hold, even if his words show otherwise.

Personality:

Zephyr has always been a bit more rough around the edges than most wolves. Upon initially meeting him, he seems coarse and unrefined, unafraid to express himself in whatever way he knows how... which is mostly through words. He tends to be outspoken and even a bit snarky, full of sarcastic retorts whenever he can come up with them. His quick-witted and snappy reportoire makes him seem a bit condescending at times and definitely rude on the surface. His form of affection, even with those close to him, tends to be through words - playful banter is rather common with him and he means less harm than it seems he does.

Despite his slightly brash exterior, he enjoys meeting new wolves and has always been fond of exchanging words and ideas. When he ruled the West Wind pack, he constantly thrived to be respected and appreciated by those he ruled over. Though bordering on arrogant at times, Zephyr tried to never let his pride get in the way of what needed to be done. Seeing those he ruled over prosper was enjoyable for him, and between he and Caelum they made two very different, but very complementary and effective leaders.

Spending his early years on his own, he learned to adapt quite quickly - it didn't take him long to learn when to keep to himself, or how to charm his way out of unfavorable situations. He hasn't outgrown this adaptability. Once you get past his rugged exterior, and see that he doesn't really mean much harm, he's quite charming. He has a knack for getting what he wants, when he wants it - and no later.

In the past, he was known to be quite loyal to his family. He was proud of the life he had build beside his much gentler other half, and had an enormous amount of love and compassion in his heart for his mate and children. His loyalty, while not earned easily, is steady and true - he is not likely to betray someone close to him. Even now, though he doesn't recognize it, he still loves Caelum quite deeply.

When he first met {his mentor}, Zephyr was a broken man. Once a proud, ferocious leader, he had grown bitter with hatred and loss. {his mentor} took a liking to him, seeing him as a potential friend and partner of sorts, and slowly built him back up into some semblance of the man he used to be. He never fully recovered from what happened, though - there has always been a void in his heart that he's never been able to fill.

He has spent a lot of time ruminating over everything that has happened, and has grown considerably colder because of it. His rough, charming exterior seems a bit more standoffish now, more apt to lash out in anger instead of entertainment or humor. {His mentor} has shaped the way he thinks about what happened enormously, shifting the blame from himself to everyone else - especially Caelum.

At his core, Zephyr leans toward being good. He has never been one to wish harm upon others, though since meeting {his mentor} he has done things he hasn't loved, for the sake of survival. The inward struggle that he deals with daily is quite a focal point of his everyday life, though he doesn't reveal it much to others. At the end of the day, he is a good man whose losses in life have taken a toll on him and shaped him into something he never expected to be, and he fights himself over it every day, and has no doubt he will until the day he dies.

History:

Zephyr's early life was rather unremarkable. Born to a band of rogues, and as soon as he grew old enough to understand that the life of a loner wasn't what he envisioned for himself, he left of his own accord. To no surprise, no one tried to stop him. Even if they had tried, it would've been fruitless.

He met Caelum at a young age, and was instantly drawn to her kind and gentle heart. It wasn't difficult for the brutish boy to fall deeply in love with the delicate girl, and their love blossomed with little effort. It wasn't long before they began to talk of their dreams. They envisioned creating a pack and a family together, and it wasn't long before their dreams came to fruition.

Their young life, while not totally uneventful, was pleasantly normal. Wolves came and went, children were born and raised, and the reputation of their pack grew tremendously. Another wolf that he grew quickly close to, Asha, joined the pack not too far into its beginnings. Zephyr's friendship with Asha was one of the few things that he and Caelum ever argued over. His mate insisted that Asha was irresponsible and never quite grew comfortable with her presence.

On one particular incident, easily the worst squabble the pair ever had, Caelum banished Asha from the pack after an incident in which another pack-mate was injured. Zephyr argued with his mate over her choice, but he'd never been the domineering type; after days of arguing, he realized she would not cave and that her decision was final. It didn't stop him from keeping an eye on Asha from afar, for she never seemed to stray too far from her former home.

On the night he finally went to speak with her, Zephyr abandoned his post to slip away, unnoticed. Little did he knew, he wasn't unnoticed at all - a fellow scout noticed him and alerting Caelum to what he was doing. After speaking with Asha at length, he heard something off in the distance, from the direction of home. Without waiting, he headed home, but it was too late. The first thing he spotted was his closest male friend, Clash, fallen at the borders -- and when he made it to his den, he spotted Caelum fleeing from the corner of his eye.

The carnage he saw that day was something he could never forget. His children, many of them, were dead.. their bodies terribly mangled and unnoticeable. He still doesn't know who died that day, but he knows he saw no one else alive and more dead than he could ever have imagined. After searching the perimeters, panicked and alone, he slunk off somewhere for.. he didn't know how long.

After the attack, and suspecting Caelum had found out why he'd left in the night and had abandoned him after the attack, he was at a loss. His children were either dead or taken, and though he searched the lands near the pack for weeks he saw no trace of anyone. He left home that day, for the last time, a fully destroyed man.  He wandered near his former home for many months, weak and helpless, with little sense of self left.

It wasn't long before he met {his mentor}, a hardened man who seemed to take a liking to him, though at the time Zephyr couldn't imagine anyone liking him.  He slowly helped him recover, and helped him function at a somewhat normal rate again.

He didn't initially blame Caelum - {his mentor} got the idea into his head that she was weak and that she had fled instead of staying and protecting their children and their pack. Zephyr was fully shattered at the time and took {his mentor}'s suggestions as truth, and much of that has shaped how he thinks of the past now.

Future plans:

As of right now, I can imagine Zephyr's in a bit of a plateau. Much of his anger and bitterness over the past has been pushed back, and has been replaced with a more militaristic stoniness, and his main interest is survival. He avoids talking about his past and reliving it whenever possible. I do want for him to meet with Caelum and Asha both, and have real conversations about that day, if at all possible.

RP sample:

Zephyr knew he shouldn't have left, but it was hard not seeing Asha for so long.

His mate, in many ways, was right about her. She was brash and foolish at times, and often didn't think when she should, but the bottom line was that the accident had been a mistake. Despite all of Asha's flaws, she wouldn't purposeful put a pack mate in harm's way. Caelum had never liked her from the beginning, Zephyr had seen that -- but this didn't seem fair to him. Her decision had been final and there had only been a brief argument, before he realized that her mind wouldn't be changed. He hadn't watched as she left - Asha was, in many ways, his closest friend beside Caelum. Seeing her leave, likely for the last time, was difficult for him to handle.

That was why he'd decided to sneak out while on patrol. He felt guilt weigh heavy on his heart at the thought of Asha being banished - she'd never done anything wrong, not on purpose, but he couldn't go against his mate's words. Feeling unusually solemn, Zephyr moved from the borders, grabbing hold of Asha's scent and trailing after it. He couldn't help but feel torn about what he was doing - it felt wrong, like he was betraying his wife somehow, and even his posture betrayed his uncertainty. The large brute moved quietly through the trees, grateful for the cover that his dark coat provided him.

When he finally saw her, he felt a weight lift from his chest. She seemed to be holding herself together, though he expected nothing less. The conversation that ensued was less jestful than usual - usual quips and jabs were replaced by a more somber sort of small-talk - and he tried to avoid bringing up the giant elephant in the room: that Asha would not be allowed back in the pack. Everything had changed now. Their conversation grew more relaxed as they spoke, and he found himself losing track of time entirely. Quite some time passed before a sound in the distance tugged at something inside him. Something was off about the noise, though he couldn't quite place it. "I-" he started, head tilting to the side as an ear flicked in the direction of home. Had that been a scream? It didn't settle well with him at all. He had to see what was going on, even if only something minor. "-I need to go. I'll see you soon, Asha." He had no idea what he would find back home, but if he had half an idea he never would've thought to leave at all.

The trip back home was more nerve-wracking than he'd expected. After he heard that sound, there was nothing but silence. The world being so void of noise was unsettling. His nose knew something was deeply wrong before he even made it there - the air stank of blood and evil, and his hackles rose along his back instinctively. Perhaps there had been some sort of accident, or fight? At least Asha won't be blamed this time, he thought to himself, but the next thing he saw took his breath away.

"C-Clash?" Zephyr barely recognized his friend's tattered form, slumped among the vegetation as though someone had tossed him there. His coat was stained with fresh blood, his wounds raw and permanent. He swore he saw his friend flinch, but another few steps told him that there was nothing he could do to help him. Initial panic set in, slowly replaced by a white-hot flash of anger that filled him at the core and threatened to consume him. Whoever had done this would pay.

His instinct was to head to the family den, to find Caelum and their children and figure out what had happened here. But he soon realized that everything he had once loved had been swiftly shattered, his home torn to pieces before he could even react. The stench of blood and death grew even stronger with each step into his home, pungent and nauseating. Bile rose in his throat, and he pushed it back as his pace quickened. How could this happen so quickly? As soon as his den was within view, he broke into a full-out run, praying silently to gods he had never believed in to keep his family safe.

He hardly even saw her as he made it there - a flash of white and black fur, none other than his beloved, racing at full-speed from the same spot he was heading toward. "Caelum!" he called out, but his voice was weak and softer than he'd expected. Perhaps he hadn't called out at all; it was hard to tell what was happening. His ears rang with the deafening silence of the night as he dared to enter the den.

He couldn't handle it. The bodies of his children were there, mangled and broken. There was no life left here. Zephyr's eyes snapped shut, fighting to keep the image from his mind as he retracted from the place he'd once slept, the place his children had been born, where their corpses now lay. What had he done to deserve this? Why had Caelum been running away? His mind whirled, grief and anger and everything between nearly sending him toppling to the ground in that moment. In a single moment, his entire world had shattered and he already knew nothing would ever be the same again.

Why you want the character:

I absolutely adore this story line, and felt I knew Zephyr and could relate to his & Caelum's struggles immediately. I also appreciate that this story is something you've been working on for years - I have a family I've been riding with for over ten years now!

Other details or ideas:

Let me know if this doesn't work, but my idea goes off the idea that day. Caelum and Zephyr both harbor a lot of resentment and blame toward one another over what happened that day.
Since Caelum doesn't stikie me as the type to randomly turn on her mate and life-partner, I think something else should've happened to make them both react so harshly. My idea is that Zephyr had slipped away to secretly meet up with Asha, for no purpose other than to ensure she was doing okay after being banished from the pack, since he still cared for her as a friend despite his mate's decision. He knew he ought to have trusted Caelum's decision and forgotten about her, but he felt terrible still. While he was speaking with her, a guard on patrol caught scent of him and returned home to tell Caelum he was privately meeting with Asha. Maybe Caelum was frustrated, joined the patrol to blow off some steam (or even to go find Zephyr, up to you!) This happened immediately before the attack, so in this way she directly blames him for not being there. If he was there, he could have saved their children, but it surely feels like he chose Asha over her and their family in that moment, though he had no possible idea what could have happened.

As for why Zephyr blames Caelum.. he probably has some resentment for her banishing Asha (she could've possibly been on guard that night, and alerted them to danger). He also saw her flee (unaware that she was chasing one of the attackers) and assumed she had heard he was meeting with Asha, and abandoned him in the heat of the moment.  At first, he did blame her sister (she was supposed to be on guard, and she wasn't) but as he grew closer to {his mentor}, he convinced Zephyr that Caelum's personal flaws had been the downfall of their family (she was weak, she ran, etc.). I can imagine this was the easiest way for him to recover and rationalize the trauma that had happened to him.

Caelum

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
10-12-2016, 07:55 PM
Closing round one!

The following character apps have been accepted:

- Asha's by Shrapnel

- Zephyr's by Nyx

- the Wolf with crooked teeth(Styx Charon) by Sin

Feel free to get started working on their profiles as soon as you are able! I will be setting up a group skype chat likely this weekend(Sunday or Monday) so keep an eye out for information on that as the week progresses. I will also set up a plot page for some aspects of this storyline once the basics are outlined. If you have any questions moving forward please feel free to PM me or message my on my skype(AkujiTheron). I look forward to many exciting plots with these characters, and any who are adopted later on.

Arsenal

gems
size
build
player
10-17-2016, 09:36 AM
Name: Tribe Leader (Valerius Neves)

Appearance: A torn, ragged creature, Valerius may as well have scars covering his entire body. They do, for the most part; there's not much to be found on him that is not the scars he has gained from the battles.

History:

Future plans:

RP sample:

Why you want the character:

Design refs if you want to use/make your own:

Other details or ideas:

Simber

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Xolan
11-16-2016, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2016, 01:59 PM by Simber.)
Name: Eura [ee-yor-ah] (Meaning: Southeast Wind)
Appearance:  Design 3 She has garnered a few scars, though: three claw rakes down her right rib cage and a slash on the left side of her neck that trails down the front of her scapula and down her foreleg. They are old wounds sustained on the day of the raid.
History:She doesnt remember much of that fateful day of the raid, but what she does know is: her family was broken up irrevocably, or at least, so she thought. During the attack, she sustained injuries from a belligerent, and for some reason, every survival instinct within her told her to play dead. She was basically just tossed to the side, holding her breath for lord knows how long, and bleeding.
Following the raid, she was exposed to lots of death and destruction, but she never once saw her mother or her father's body, so there was always a little spark of hope that they might meet again.
The brown-toned pup has lived a quiet life, and she was taken in by a nomadic pack that found her once she had managed to get up and wander away from the genocide, but she didnt make it far before collapsing. The mutilation of her family and the absolute grotesque horrors that she had seen haunted her for a long time, but the pack who took her in really helped her readjust and were very patient with her, which probably made all the difference in her development. They were kind to her, they fed her, kept her safe, and taught her how to take care of herself. She tried to keep the hope that at least one of her parents were alive, but with each passing day, the hope dwindled, and her loving parents became a sad memory.
When she turned 4, she decided to venture away from the nomads. She wasnt sure why she wanted to leave, but all she knew was that it felt right, and her adoptive family supported her decision to fly the nest. It was not a tearful goodbye, nor was it a hard one; and for that, she was eternally grateful. She did not need any more sad goodbyes.

Future plans: Not sure yet! I think having her and Caelum rekindle will be super good for her and will ultimately help determine some defining factors for her future.
I see her getting into loads of trouble by being sarcastic at the wrong time.
I also see her and Zephyr (HOPEFULLY) being super close and having awesome father-daughter time.
RP sample:

With late autumn nearly giving way to winter, the girl blended right in to the bland and decaying scenery. The ostentatious oranges and yellow hues that characterized the season were fading into tans and browns; a sepia gradient falling over the land. Eura, a menagerie of umbers and chocolates, moved as if she was made to be a part of this moment in time. The girl trotted as if she weighed nothing, every paw-fall barely made a sound as she traveled onwards.
Eura was without a destination, but she was not without purpose. She had chosen to leave the pack that had adopted her and now she was off; truly alone for the first time since...that day.
With a quick shake of her head, she brushed the thoughts aside. Positive! Be Positive! She had told herself that she was looking for answers, but in reality, little Eura barely knew the question.
She wanted to find her family, well, if she had any family. She wanted to find anyone who might recognize her. Anyone who could explain the events of that day to her.
She really just wanted to find, well, anyone.
Her ears pricked up, seafoam eyes scanning the ground which lay ahead. Part of her hoped that her journey wouldnt be long, but part of her yearned for the ambiguity. As long as she didnt know the answers, she could lie to herself. She could tell herself that he siblings somehow survived, that her mother and her father and her relatives were all safe, and that she had made a mistake by running to try and find help, and had ultimately separated herself from her pack, and that she would find them whole, safe and sound, and waiting to welcome her back.
Eura let out a soft snort, knowing that it was childish and ridiculous to carry such thoughts with her, but it was necessary at the same time. It kept her sane and hopeful, and thats all anybody really needs, right? Just a little bit of hope.

personality:
+ Eura will be a sweet little ball of stardust, a little naive at times, sure, but she will be endlessly optimistic and blindly trusting at times.
+ Never having a strong parental figure in her life will lead to her being immature emotionally and mentally
+ She can be shy and reserved at times
+ hates crowds, but also hates one-on-one interactions. She likes to have at least one person as a "buffer"
+ even though she is outwardly optimistic and happy, the traumas of her childhood still haunt her and she battles with night terrors, anxiety attacks, and some mild depression. She bottles this up, though, and it may lead to more serious psycological issues down the road if she doesnt learn how to deal with it
+ has trouble focusing on one task for too long
+ When put into unfavorable or anxiety inducing situations, she becomes emotionally unstable and lashes out-- major mood swings.

Why you want the character: I really love this story line and think that I will really be able to develop this girl :D
Other details or ideas:

- 35" and 119 lbs
- Fighter and Intellectual
-will be neutral good or chaotic good
-will have her father's sassy mouth, and will probably be a bit of an ass
-sarcastic and dry sense of humor
-but probably won't have any malevolent intentions
-has a temper, definitely has a temper, but it takes a lot to grind her into exposing it
[Image: Us6iFFu.png]

Caelum

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
11-20-2016, 02:09 PM
Closing two!

The following character app has been accepted:

- Eura's by Andro

Feel free to start working on her as soon as you'd like! Message me on skype(AkujiTheron) and you can be added to the chat. I'd love to start rping everyone as soon as possible, and don't be scared to throw out some plot ideas on skype.

Alfred

gems
size
build
player
11-21-2016, 07:16 PM
Ooc:: Bluhhh this is such a crappy app. Here goes anyway though! Also to note the design is mine. Was going to adopt it out for a plot but that fell through so I'll be using it.

Applying For: Zephyr’s Friend / Mentor

Name: Félicien Desrosiers

Appearance: {See Design}

-Heavy Build
-42” {Height previously purchased. Just keep bouncing whom it’ll be used on.}
-Scarred:: Particular scaring upon his sides, right shoulder, left cheek, and a tattered right ear. May have other scars or develop new ones once I make a ref with his scars if I get him.

Personality:

Félicien is a man hardened by his past; he does not show emotions very often and particularly not the ones he doesn’t want others to see. It takes a special creature to see Féli’s true nature, the nature of the beast behind that stony exterior. He is not a bad wolf, not really, but he does possess a belief in toughness and despises cowards. He finds those who work hard and at least try to keep pushing on are those worth helping. That said he does have a soft spot for the weak and broken, and even younger wolves as well. His own will is unshakable, pressing him onward even when his mind and heart want to give up.

Féli is nearly fearless; he doesn’t worry about death nor does he particularly worry about living a certain way. He just makes sure that he and his companions, for however long they are around, are alive and well. He does things the hard way, as he was taught since he was young. Deep down Félicien is still a soldier, a hired fang who will work for payment. But that is not to say he takes on any job. The jobs he takes must suit his own morals and beliefs. He does however work with a cold efficiency when he takes a job. He separates himself from personal feelings and does what he must, no matter what the cost.

Félicien does not curse, though when angered he may suddenly switch to speaking French in a slightly heated tone. He is not the kind to back down from a challenge, nor is he the sort who will just willy nilly give out his loyalty. His friendship and trust is something far harder to earn and the young man is not the most sociable, making this even harder. It can definitely be said that Féli is more likely to make an enemy then a friend thanks to his somewhat sarcastic attitude, blunt words, and sharp tongue. He is not the sort to just mess around either. He either makes a friend or an enemy and it stays that way. He can be one to hold a grudge as well, particularly to those he deems as cowards, and is prone to attack them on sight.

Féli does not currently believe very strongly in packs and would rather keep a small circle of friends around him to try and survive than join one. He is set in his ways and not very likely to change very much, being stubborn as he is.

History:

As a child Féli was born and raised to be a fighter in a military style pack. It is here that the dislike of pack systems begins, for his father, one of the higher ups within the pack, was hard on the young male. But it wasn’t just Félicien that they were hard on. All of the young men and women of the pack were trained hard, to learn to fight and hunt with efficiency. Félicien came to view their actions as almost mindless, for the wolves worked solely for whatever their pack leader and higher up wanted. Around three and a half years of age, finally disgusted by their actions, Félicien left the pack to become a hired fang. If he was going to do unsavory tasks for others he wanted to be able to choose the jobs for himself that he would perform.

While Félicien has a hardened personality he has not been nothing but a merciless killer. He refuses to take on jobs that involve harming children, regardless of the reasoning behind them. When he ran into Zephyr Félicien developed a soft spot for the broken and hurting man. He longed to help him and grew to enjoy the company that Zephyr gave him. What Féli couldn’t believe, however, was the story of Zeph’s lost. He grew angry, convinced that Caelum was weak and had fled rather than stay and try to fight to protect the pack. Why else would she have run? Though he is not one to show emotions Zephyr got to see that rare moment where his anger shown through. Cowardice, especially of that leading to the death of pups, makes his very blood boil.

He trained Zephyr, encouraging him to continue on and convinced his own reasons behind Caelum’s fleeing was the truth. For a while he stuck with Zephyr, but eventually the two parted ways. Félicien vowed to catch up to his friend once more, however, with a bit of a mischievous smile on his face as he made his promise. Zephyr in that period of time because the wolf that Félicien found easiest to talk to and reveal his emotions to.

After parting ways with Zeph the dark, scarred brute began a journey of his own. He met two different women, having a one night stand with each. They were loners… and he didn’t stay with them. He doesn’t know if their nights produced children or not, and though he does have a soft spot for young prefers it this way. Félicien did not want to be held down, nor did he want to be the sort of father his own had been. He thought it better that if there were children they were raised outside of his influence, by their mothers {and whomever they joined} alone. On top of that, well, Félicien had his own agenda.

Now Féli has made his way to Boreas, searching for Zephyr once more. He longs to see his friend and catch up with him. Though Félicien wouldn’t openly admit it he longs for Zeph’s company. He feels alone without him… and without the urge to join a pack he wants to keep his one true friend close.

Future plans:
-Meet up with Zephyr! He misses him and would probably want to help him get to the bottom of whatever happened with Caelum. Perhaps he’d even help Zephyr look for Asha?

RP sample:

Félicien narrowed his eyes as he listened to the story that Zephyr told him. Such loss… such pain… how could the one he loved the most turn on him like that? To run away when their little ones needed her most? The thought made Féli sick, and the man showed more emotion for the first time since meeting Zeph. “She’s nothing but a coward.” Félicien snapped. The thought of those little bodies laying still sickened him. Even if she had not been the one to take their lives she should have tried to fight. Tried to save them.

“She must have run off to avoid getting maimed or killed herself. Even if a battle seems hopeless just to turn tail is inexcusable!” There was a slight tone of agitation to the French man’s voice. “Listen to me, Zeph… she’s no good. No mother would  run off and leave her babies all alone like that. It’s wrong no matter how you look at it.” He took a breath, steadying himself. His temper had flared for a moment, but Félicien was reigning it back in. Keeping up that more stony face he’d come to bear.

“You can’t trust her. If you see her again…” Félicien’s silver eyes flashed. “I’d give her a piece of my mind if I were you.”

Why you want the character: I like tough older characters, particularly those with a story. The story itself is interesting and I’d really love to give this boy some love!

Other details or ideas:

-Speaks French and English
-May attack Caelum if he meets her ??

Caelum

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
11-21-2016, 08:29 PM
Closing three!

- Zephyr’s Friend / Mentor(Félicien) by Keno

Feel free to start working on him as soon as you'd like! Message me on skype(AkujiTheron) and you can be added to the chat. I'd love to start rping everyone as soon as possible, and don't be scared to throw out some plot ideas on skype, cause I love having new ideas to work with!

Lykos I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
keanai
11-21-2016, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2016, 12:15 AM by Lykos I.)
Name: Avani
Appearance: Design 4! Except with the seafoam green eyes.
Personality: In many ways, Avani takes after her mother. A sweet, gentle girl, she is quite sensitive to the emotions and feelings of others, and wants nothing more than people to be happy, and to help those around her reach that goal of contentedness and happiness.

She is rather innocent-minded and gullible; she will remain oblivious to all threats and can fall for almost anything so long as you sound plausible. This does not, however, mean that she is simple-minded or unintelligent. She is actually quite sharp, and catches onto information easily. She's just... oblivious, partially due to the tragedies of her past and partly simply due to how she is. She's a surprisingly quick learner as well, and loves learning new information... especially information that will eventually lead her to better helping those around her.

Joy is Avani's chief emotion, but it is a fragile joy. The tragedies in her earlier years haunt her, which is part of the reason she always appears happy. She wants to find all the happiness she can because in a heartbeat, the memories can take it all away. She remembers in excruciating detail what happened the night her family was taken away, and it can hit her at any time. It is the one thing that can lead to Avani pulling back and becoming forlorn and withdrawn, possibly for days on end. She only lets a few see this, preferring to try and fight through it and still attempting to find happiness within and around her.

Avani's main goal in life is to help the people around her. She doesn't care how she has to do it - if she can, it will happen. Seeing others smile brings a smile to her face, and for a time, she can forget the cries of her sister, forget the strangled howl that brought her home, forget the carnage she walked in on, and forget how she wasn't there to help fight. She can forget the mutilation of her brother, and how she failed to save her sister. Even if for a short time, it's always worth it to Avani. She buries it deep inside of her, with the hopes of eventually burying it so deep that only the joy that she finds on the surface exists.

History: The girl had always been gentle, and it was that that led her to such a close tie with her family. She loved them, with all of her being, and she loved her pack just as much. As one of Caelum's eldest children, she felt it was her duty to take care of everyone, and she did so with a glee that had everyone love her just as they loved her mother. However, even a gentle spirit such as Avani got tired of dealing with pups all the time, and so one night she simply took a walk, to ease off the stress of the day. It was a beautiful night, and Avani absolutely loved it. It was the perfect thing to relax her, and to reminesce on the day; so much laughter, despite the troubles that the pups brought her. But they were so silly, so adorable! She couldn't help but laugh even then... little did she know that laughter would be silenced soon enough.

Her walk took her far, but whenever she took her nightly walks, they always did. Her mother and father knew this particular quirk about her, and they always supported it, though they always made sure she stayed in a safe range. She did - if she ever got hurt, she was well within the territory and would be found quickly, and she could howl for assistance.

What she never expected was the call for her to come. It pierced the night, and terror iced over Avani's heart. She was afraid - had one of the pups hurt themselves? Wandered off? Gotten lost? Despite being within the distance of a howl, she was so far! She headed back to the pack, but by the time the girl had gotten home, it was far, far to late.

Memories of that night were so clear, were so crisp. She could remember every body, every puddle of blood, every wolf that lay broken in the dirt. She could remember each of her brothers and sisters splayed outside the den, their entrails ripped from their body and their little faces twisted in expressions of pain so severe that it made Avani's stomach twist. When she heard that desperate call, she thought that a pup had been lost or hurt, not... this. Not to see little Zeru who was splayed on the ground, reaching out towards the den as if in hopes to run back inside to safety. Not little Sajan, who had her paws wrapped around Avani's littermate, Ignis, fear and pleading etched on every inch of her tiny, brown face. It was clear that she had been alive when she reached Ignis, and she had been slaughtered while probably trying to wake him up. She could see Keifer, too, or rather... what was left of him. His body was more mutilated than most; only his face had been untouched, it seemed. The rest of him... there was no rest of him. Each limb had been torn off and laid in a stack right next to his body and head, where his jaws were open in a perennial scream. Rosalia was curled up in a tight ball beyond that, a puddle of blood as big as herself under her. Avani knew without even checking that Rosalia was long dead.

She remembers hearing a sound then, though, and she had run to it; little Maura, collapsed against a tree root. Maura's eyes were focused on Avani, one seafoam and one... not there anymore. The brilliant cerulean blue eye that was normally there was absent, the entire right side of her face covered in blood. The pup was stuttering Avani's name, a soft 'Avvy', barely coming out. Avani couldn't even see the extent of Maura's wounds from how blood covered the little girl was, but she knew it was Maura, because Avani could always tell the difference between the pups. Even now, with all of them mutilated and torn apart. Avani didn't even notice the tears on her face when she comforted Maura. 'It's okay, little Maura. I'm here now, and we'll get you fixed up, okay?' Avani didn't even think as she whispered the familiar words she whispered so many times before, when Maura got a thorn in her paw, when she tripped and scraped her side, when she accidentally tore a nail off. She whispered these words, telling the lie to herself and the pup. 'It h-hurts, Avie, make it s-s-stop h-hurting.' The cries of her youngest sister, the brightest of them all, the most cheerful and exuberant, always running around, always a quirky little spitfire whose excitement about life and her demands of attention always made everyone laugh and smile and play with her, broke her heart into a thousand pieces. Words kept spilling out of her mouth, assurances, whispers that it'd be okay, whispers that the nightmares were over, that she'd stop the pain continued. Even as Avani raced into the den, ignoring the blood and the gore, though it was imprinted anyway. Ignored as she grabbed the herbs that she always had there, and raced back to Maura, cleaning her sister, drawing her close to the heat of her body, cleaning the blood away from her trembling body eevn as the trembling stopped and Maura's breath died away. Those assurances continued past that moment, until sobs dissolved the words and a scream was ripped from Avani's throat as she collapsed, curled around her youngest sibling, who had nestled into the warmth of Avani's stomach.

There was nothing; absolutely nothing that she could do. She couldn't save any of them - they were all dead, all gone, all broken and abused and gone. Her brothers and sisters, her mentors and her apprentices, every wolf of her pack. How many survived? How many died? She couldn't stop shaking, she couldn't stop crying, she could only curl up closer around Maura until eventually the tears dried and unconsciousness claimed her.

As clear as that night was, the next day was a haze, as the horrors of the night were made even more clear by day time. Each body, each face, each name imprinted forever into her mind as she stumbled away from the scene, trying to get away. Each wolf, checked for life, only to be found dead. No survivors. She noted that several wolves were missing, but did that mean they were alive? Or simply killed in a different place?

Life was still a haze for weeks afterwords. She could hardly remember anything from that time as she wandered aimlessly, simply surviving, completely numb from the attack. Her mind couldn't stop going over the images, the horrors, and how if she was there then perhaps she could have helped. Parts of her mind objected - the strongest warriors of the West Wind pack couldn't stop the slaughter, how could a simple healer and teacher?

It was a fateful encounter that snapped her out of it, catching a wandering family with three children. The pups were innocent, and the parents friendly; it was all too familiar to her old home, and Avani couldn't help but watch as they all played together - and then the pups noticed her, and they pounced on her, tumbling over each other to get to her and question who she was and what she was doing. It broke her, and she broke down sobbing; the parents, concerned and kind, assisted her, helped her, and Avani ended up staying with the family for a long time, as the pups grew. It was through this family that Avani relearned the meaning of joy, and what gave her the determination to be happy and grasp whatever grains of contentment she could. It retaught her innocence and fun.

It was with these five wolves that Avani made her home with until it was time to depart. The family was not in a pack, they simply took care of each other, and throughout the years they learned Avani's story and her sorrows, and as the pups hit adulthood, each one encouraged Avani to go seek out her blood family. They knew that she constantly wondered, and the parents also knew that Avani was dependent on them at that time for joy and happiness, and that the girl needed to learn how to reach it on her own. They succeeded in convincing her, and so a tearful goodbye was said - but also a promise that they'd always be in each other's hearts, and that eventually Avani will come home to them, hopefully with her own family in tow.

Avani set off then, embracing that new hope, to try and find her family once more.

Future plans: Fight her demons, find her family, make too many damned feels.
RP sample: -points at history- <3
Why you want the character: BECAUSE CAE BABY
Other details or ideas:

Caelum

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
12-12-2016, 12:34 AM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2016, 01:09 AM by Caelum.)
Closing four!

- Caelum's pup(Avani) by Keanai

Feel free to start working on him as soon as you'd like! Message me on skype and you can be added to the chat. And don't forget to let me know if you have any fun plot ideas, I'm always up for anything!