Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
10-06-2016, 10:24 AM

Moister drenches the atmosphere like a blanket of wetness. It brings his appearance to become uncouth, drawn together by individual droplets of water. Beaded sporadically through his burnt charcoal pelt, Pharos travels at the basin of Mount Volcan. Around him, the explosive territory remains vacated. He travels alone, though presumably not for long. The stale smell of one wolf that had obviously frequented this area still resonates. Perhaps Elias yet remains?

Nevertheless, Pharos is unaware of his presence but remains prepared. Limbs come together in some swagger that brings the creature forwards, jutting features askew in the deep fog that kicks up at his feet. It is humid here, and although he does not particularly mind it, Pharos would much rather be exploring regions less troublesome. Never mind that, he was here for a purpose: part of living in these areas means getting to know the terrain. This place is indefinitely some distance away from Firefly Lake, though he did not mind the trek. Snorting, the male continues with his task; yellow eyes seeking anything that drew his attention.

Elias

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Emaciated
player
Sinchanted

Famous
10-06-2016, 10:51 AM

Two successful hunts could not have foretold him of the events to come, he could hardly believe the scarcity of prey in Boreas, and it seemed to come with the change of the season. The hunter would have to find prey if he wanted to keep his mind clear, and something instinctively told him to begin heading South. Winter was coming, after all. He'd have to gather his sister first.

He'd left her at their make-shift den at the base of the volcano, hidden away by toxic streams and the smell of sulfur, he deemed her safe- not that she couldn't take care of herself if someone managed to disturb her. He did not know if she was still lurking, but he decided to return to their chosen meeting place either way.

As he grew nearer, the presence of yet another male made the colossal beast stop in his tracks. He kept his head level with his spine as he inspected the other, fighting the habit of declaring his dominance right then an there. He wasn't a king anymore, and he did not aspire to be. These were free lands, but still.. he wouldn't allow a stranger to get anywhere closer to their hiding place.

"I thought I was the only one crazy enough to travel this close to the volcano," a low chuckle spoken on a voice thick with a latin accent emerged from the brute as he gave an amused smirk in the stranger's direction.

Disclaimer: Elias suffers from schizophrenia and occasionally has violent outbursts.

Tag Me!

Pharos

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
10-06-2016, 11:01 AM

Sulfuric acid may of burnt the senses of wolves less capable, and yet Pharos is perfectly adapted. He was not wrong in the premonition that there soon would be company, as it seems from the very slate ground they stand upon does a colossal beast materialize. Pharos is undaunted by his size, and rather welcomes the company. That is not to say he outright greets the massive one, however. "It seems you are crazier yet, still." The Abersenthe commends, denoting that the recent activity on this land had been none other than the male before him. He halts in stride to perhaps seek information from this one, eyes of molten gold flickering over their figure.

"Are you someone that makes this place your home?" Grisly tones inquire, strong in essence yet unaccustomed to such brazen use. He is a wolf of little words, above all, and yet the recent encounter of these lands had brought Pharos back into the world of communication. Before he continues, however, his name is provided. It is neither for his benefit or downfall, simply something that the dark wolf deems necessary. "My name is Pharos." First name basis, only. This world is unknown to his lineage; he feels no need to resurrect the iron born just yet.

As the two stand, suspended in conversation, Pharos feels little need to assert his dominance. He is well aware of his own power, and his own capabilities, though trained eyes do note the positioning of Elias' own tail. In accord, he raises his own to roughly the same height: this would leave their standing androgynous so that neither took the dominant position. Unafraid, but not downright insulting.

Elias

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Emaciated
player
Sinchanted

Famous
10-06-2016, 11:13 AM

The first line of words that came from the stranger's mouth earned a hearty chuckle from the giant as he relaxed and shook the ash from his mantle, if he only knew. He did his best to fluff his shorter hide, making himself at least somewhat presentable while the male drew closer and started with his question. One of Elias' 'brows would raise as he thought over why the other male would be interested in knowing such a thing, but he shrugged his shoulders in a lazy roll and retired his weight onto his haunches as he sat and thought it over.

When the male introduced himself, Elias felt a bit more comfortable.. another smile returning to his lips as he gave a nod of his head to show respect. He still held some of the pleasantries of a noble, it seemed, though his respect for his father would not allow him to ever let those go. He lifted his gaze to meet the gold of the others, "Elias Praetor," spoken proudly, regardless on whether the other new his lineage or not.

"Not a home, but merely a camping ground for the moment. While I appreciate the warmth that the living mountain provides, I hate to say that I will be abandoning the territory at dawn, and you'd be wise to do the same. Prey is getting harder and harder to come by as Autumn turns the leaves into a burst of colors." His gaze glanced around the two of them, "Winter won't bring any relief of that, either. And, you sir?"

Disclaimer: Elias suffers from schizophrenia and occasionally has violent outbursts.

Tag Me!

Pharos

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
10-06-2016, 11:21 AM

He hears the wolf's chuckle, but thinks little of it. Many found humor in the things other's said; even if the origin of it was unknown to Pharos, the action was commonplace. He receives the nod from the other and returns it, bound by reciprocal determinism. While the other reclines, he remains standing– though this is due to personal preference, and little else.

'Elias Praetor' The grey one declares, leaving Pharos to wrap his unaccustomed tongue around the syllables of their name. It was a strong sounding one, and it seems to fit. '"Not a home, but merely a camping ground for the moment. While I appreciate the warmth that the living mountain provides, I hate to say that I will be abandoning the territory at dawn, and you'd be wise to do the same. Prey is getting harder and harder to come by as Autumn turns the leaves into a burst of colors.' Elias advises Pharos to find a place elsewhere, and although he does well to heed the warning, part of Pharos is unsatisfied with his time here. 'Winter won't bring any relief of that, either. And, you sir?'

"I have only just begun making a name here, in the East. Though there are wolves that tell me similar things you have." He muses idly, one ear angled forwards to catch anything else that Elias may say. "I will eventually make my way to more promising territories." The whisper of a smirk clips the edge of his lip as Pharos replies, confident yet relaxed. He watches Elias, then, curious. Had the wolf live in this continent long? How much did he actually know of these lands... What's more, what is he doing camping on volcanic ground.

Elias

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Emaciated
player
Sinchanted

Famous
10-06-2016, 11:28 AM

Another roll of his shoulders was offered toward the black canine, a shrug of sorts as he watched him with a daunting ruby gaze. He was a little off-put that the other did not want to sit with him, as it declared that neither showed interest in starting a fight.. though, he would allow this bold one to stand without any sort of protest. For now. His skin was prickling beneath his coat as he fought with his inner demon just briefly, but his ears lifted and he cleared his throat to push away the thoughts.

Desperately almost, he looked to continue their conversation and keep his mind on the man's words and not on his posture. "Only just begun to make a name here? What do you mean by that?" Latin tongue rolled the words off rather quickly as he eagerly continued their conversation. He was simply curious as to what this man's chosen definition for reknown was. Was it glory in conquest? Glory in many woman? Glory in whelps, territories, trades, feasts? The possibilities were endless, but Elias found himself curious as to what it was the man wanted to stand beside his name.

Tag Me!

Pharos

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
10-12-2016, 03:32 PM

The parts of him that are abysmal only absorb light, while what remains is reflective. Rippling muscles tense characteristically, though Pharos appears relaxed in general. Golden eyes focus on the ruby red of his company, unperturbed by the stare. There seems to be some discomfort in regard to Pharos position, but still, he remains. 'Only just begun to make a name here? What do you mean by that.' The question is not entirely expected, though neither is it ignored. "I am new to these lands, just as I am new to you. I intend to change that." He muses, expression remote like many aspects of his person.

At this point in time, both ears angle forwards curiously to catch the other's response. They are larger than he, but the two seem equal in regard to esteem. "What of you? I assume one seeks more from their life than complacency?" He ventures, the circumference of his pupils slight as the two engage. Pharos, nonchalant, must still remain vigilant. Nevertheless, his mind chews on further questions. He allows Praetor time to speak, to answer, or interject before talking. "Other than prey, what does the South hold for a wolf?" He knew he was in the North. He knew he had remained in the North; therefore, it was common sense one would travel to the southernmost territories in pursuit of maintaining health and survival.

Or at least, an unchallenged survival.

Elias

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Emaciated
player
Sinchanted

Famous
10-18-2016, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2016, 06:37 PM by Elias.)

He couldn't help but notice that this wolf had an odd way of speaking, though Elias himself was said to speak all too proper at times. It was rare that he met someone even more eloquent than he, but his ruby gaze hovered over the man with shimmering appreciation as he listened. The posed question made Elias tilt his head slightly, his attention gained with the first and then even more so with the second question. He smirked, his eyes slanting slightly with the pull of his facial features as he did so and he relaxed himself.

"Promise," he answered simply. He would cast a glance back toward where he knew his sister most likely to be residing before continuing. "For myself, as well as my kin. We both hold shorter coats not quite suitable for the northern territories and winter is coming. I come from a jungle, originally.. and I intend on thriving in a warmer climate along with the prey that I follow. If there are no prey, there is only death. I will not remain wandering lands that offer nothing to seize, nothing to give promise for health and survival."

He thought for a moment before looking the man over, curiosity riddling his own features. "So you are new to these lands as well? Where do you come from, if I may ask?"

Tag Me!