gems
size
Small
build
-
player
10-10-2016, 06:29 PM

Once upon a bygone time, the man in the moon had a bit too much wine

Orica had gotten to burrow away inside a dead whale once. It had been a bit like this. Only the "bones" of this strange creature tasted of ice and stone and blood, not marrow. They were more like stone in their own right. The fae had seen strange skeletons like this before - or traces of their shells in other forms and other places - sometimes much smaller, looking like overturned turtles half buried in the side of the hill. Sometimes huge and towering - with trees and birds alike finding homes in them. This one - who could possibly know how long it had stood there. And yet... there was something familiar about it. Something... maybe she'd heard tales of such things.

The land's were cold and snowy up here so the wolf knew she was getting close to her destination. But in the meantime she could not help but explore. And if she'd gotten off the beaten trail, if she'd dallied this time, she had a reason. A blizzard had come out of no where. Oh it might be autumn in more southern reaches, but the cold had a firm hold on these lands to the north. Which, to be honest, was just how Orica liked it. Where she was born and bred the warm months were the exception, not the rule.

Yet how foolish of her to get stranded in the this ice cold place- with even Yona to snuggle with for warmth. She hoped her baby was still to the south. Baby. Orica sighed. "My girl can take care of herself," the older wolf said aloud as she trasped down metal stairs and made her way deeper in the hull of the only shelter there was for miles. "Unlike her mother it seems. Who manages to get her butt shipwrecked while still on land." With her big fluffy tail, she gave a dusty corner some sweeping. She'd have to settle in for a while and hope that this wasn't one of those week long blizzards. She had some mint and things in her healer's knapsack, but she certainly couldn't produce a deer or a quail from inside. Another wolf might have felt panic gnawing at their spine from such a situation, but panic never did anyone a lick of good. So Orica sat down. She let a single howl - one that reverberated through the metal fillings and chambers and into the air - just in case anyone stronger might be about, and then she sat her haunches down and prepared to wait. Her paws were travel worn anyway. She deserved a bit of a respite.

Áki

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
10-11-2016, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2016, 04:08 PM by Áki.)
The first time Aki had seen this ship, he had  been amazed that Sabine would ever choose to live here, even if only temporarily. It was the opposite of everything they'd ever known - it was a bit claustrophobic and the stench of the inside was stale and dank. She'd seemed a bit defensive of it, and thought that its sturdy unnatural walls might might a good place to whelp her young. He wondered if his sister was still here. He sniffed at the air as he strode closer to it, ears flicking as he wandered closer attentively.

Though her scent remained her, it was not as strong as he hoped. A slight frown teased his lips, though he knew he ought to wait before being certain that she was gone. He hoped she hadn't left.. he'd traveled an awful far way to get here. At least now he didn't have to worry quite so much about Renhett's health. Now, though, he worried about other things, like whether Bass would decide that his children belonged to Renhett and to Abaven. He could only trust that he would not have to fight for them.. he'd already made the decision that there was nothing he wouldn't do for them, but he didn't really want to cause trouble.

His mind strayed quite far from the present moment - somewhat of a rarity, for him - until the sound of a woman's call reached his ears. It seemed to be coming from the structure he was approaching. Nose wrinkled as he tested it, certain the sound was not anyone he knew, and he continued onward. Tusks nearly grazed the earth as he trailed after the stranger's scent, finally reaching something that mildly resembled an entrance to the ship, his head swinging inside. "Hello?" his strong voice called out, reverberating off the walls with a low rumble.

Orica

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
10-11-2016, 06:45 PM

An answer was soon to follow. Over the rip and tear and howl of the coming blizzard, Orica's ears could easily have been fooled, but she swore she heard something. A word. A voice. A wolf.

"Yes! Is someone else there?" She found her paws in a moment - rushing forward through the maze of the strange, unnatural cave. Her claws skirted drifts of snow that had filtered in. She ducked her head under a strange line of the not-stone that had fallen like a tree in a storm. That had been a voice. She was sure. There were strange echos in that place - but it was hard to think a voice as high and feminine as her own could return in such a deep-chested tone.  She hopped over another such beam and came towards the entrance.

There was someone there. Framed in the dying light - reflected off the white field beyond. The musky smell of male wolf, of other lands and other wolves, came in with the first draft that tore its way through, ruffling every inch of fur. Orica dipped her head out of the shadows for a better look at the strange markings and long fangs that descended from the male's muzzle. The size of a wild cat's claw - or longer. A bit alarming in appearence perhaps. But Orica had a healthier respect for forces stronger than any wolf could ever hope to be. She had grown up in the north, had a thick skin for it, and knew that storms like this were nothing to sneeze at. Nothing to joke about. A wolf could be dead in a matter of hours. And even if they were like Glaciem blood - the kind of behemoths who could waltz through a winter storm, the resulting white outs could get a wolf turned around or sent walking right off the edge of a cliff. "You should get inside," Orica said to the stranger, raising her voice ever so slightly over the wind. Her blue eyes were wide and bright, but unflinching as she looked him over. "This is going to get alot worse before it gets better."

Áki

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
10-11-2016, 09:26 PM
If Sabine wasn't here, where had she gone, he wondered? Though worry tickled the back of his mind, he knew that she was more than capable of taking care of herself and her children - he wondered if they were born yet or not. It didn't stop him from thinking about it, though, and his mind wandered as he waited. Only a moment passed before he heard the gentle pattering of paws, of nails clinking against worn metal and stray snow being crunched. His ears flicked, following her approach as he continued to peer into the slight darkness.

"Indeed!" he'd return her call gladly, tail flicking against the snow that had begun to fall. Such storms were unpredictable, but common in the lands he had grown up in. While he did not worry too much about it, he didn't wish for the storm to grow either. The snow had arrived suddenly, but he was already on his way here and there was no use in turning back now after he was so close. Perhaps he might even find some decent company to ride out the storm with, since it seemed Sabine wasn't here today.

A wide grin spread his lips from his teeth as she greeted him. Her expression was hard to decipher in the dim light, but he was glad to not see fear there. He was in no mood to convince someone he was not some monster sent to destroy them. He was but a wolf, albeit one with tusks and a strange coat - but he had seen wolves with coats just as bizarre. And ones who wear bells, he thought silently, fighting back a chuckle as he strained to examine this new acquaintance.

When she offered he get inside, he'd respond with a grunt and pad into the shadows of the structure. His eyes would take a bit of adjusting, coming from the plain of bright white ice and snow. "You think so?" he'd inquire, his tone conversational and curious. He'd never been one to pay much attention to weather, though he enjoyed watching the sky and the messages it sent them in the stars. All he knew was how to endure it. He noticed the wind growing stronger than, whipping his fur and sending an eerie whistling through the ship's hull. "I suppose you're right," Aki said after a moment, taking a few steps deeper in, and shaking his thick coat to rid it of any fur that had accumulated since the snow had began. "I'm Áki Jarvela, by the way." His voice was low and lackadaisical, his thick northern accent emphasized when he spoke his name.

Orica

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
10-15-2016, 03:16 PM

"Orica," The she-wolf offered promptly. Seemingly happy to do so, and with a slight dip of the head. An old fashioned custom among wolves, perhaps showing something of the old bloodline she belonged to. Or at least of mannered upbringing. "A healer of a distant, nomad pack, though these days I wander mostly on my own. Pleased to make your accquaintence, Aki, I'm sure." And indeed she was. He was big, this male, this mammoth of a wolf. From a little distance Orica doubted she'd come up to his belly. Well, no,that was a bit much. But she was only a fraction of his size. Yet there was no fear in her scent nor masked in her eyes - which had never learned anything of guile. She'd been the runt of a huge family. Hieght reminded her of home and puphood. THe male here was no larger than her sire, Gargoyle, had been, though such size was a rarity among wolves. Aki did have two things that Gargoyle didn't, however, those tusks, and a tail. She'd often heard the story of how a bear had taken his in infancy.

Truth be told she had a bit of a weakness for large, grey males with glowing eyes. What could she say? She had a history. You know, and eyes. But the such fluttering thoughts were blown away by the gusts of the coming storm. There was the flighty and childlike and sunshine-bright in her, but there was the wisedom of a wanderer and the practically of a healer. In situations like this it was the latter that took the forefront. Interestingly, the thoughts still lingered over that fluffy grey coat, but more with a touch of jealousy. No wonder he barely noticed the weather. She was long furred herself. She had the genes for northern weather, but her last years had babied her, however much she wanted to think the negative. Her healer side was too realistic not to admit it.

And on that note, cetainly, thought ought to be given as to the sort of wolf she was inviting in. When meeting new people, the she-wolf often kept any thoughts and assumptions to herself. There were too many kinds of wolves to think she'd seen them all. She hadn't quite lost the knack of thinking the best of people at first glance, but she was no longer young and illusioned enough to think she wouldn't be proven wrong many times. It was just easier that way. Didn't make much difference if you greeted the world thinking everyone was your friend - or no one was. She was a lover, not a fighter, and hadn't a prayer in any confrontation that didn't include an escape route. All of which she'd come to terms with long ago. Healers don't fear death for themselves.

She made way for the male as he took his steps inside. She'd be happy to lead the way or fall in step beside him as pace and space allowed. "There's a room to the far back of these 'caverns'," -Only the last word said a bit doubtfully- "Its well out of the wind and probably best for weathering the storm. I was just about to hunker down and perhaps sleep for a bit-" She caught up to herself a little. "-But of course, do as you please - if you prefer anywhere else. Forgive me, if I seem to take your good will for granted," she smiled a little, eyes showing some of their age and humor. "I'm not what wolves call... stand off-ish. I've had too many strangers turn into friends to stand on ceremony."

Áki

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
10-17-2016, 07:43 AM
This woman gave off a sweet vibe almost immediately - she was inviting and warm, and her presence was soothing. Perhaps to some she might seem like an elder, but he was grateful to be among company his own age and though she had an air of wisdom about her, she seemed as youthful as anyone else he'd met.  "A pleasure as well, Orica," he rumbled appreciatively, his own head dipping in a slight bow in return to the much smaller woman's own gesture.

Now that he got a better look at her, letting his eyes wander her form briefly, he noticed just how small she was. Perhaps one of the smallest full-grown wolves he'd ever met, though her attitude made her seem like she was much larger. She didn't strike him as overly proud, just as.. herself, and comfortable in her own skin. He grinned as he shuffled further into the shelter, once again sniffing at the air to search for Sabine's scent. She had been here recently enough, though likely was long gone by now. Searching for her in a potential blizzard would do nobody any good. And as thrilling as venturing out into a storm sounded, it also sounded a bit foolish - and judging by the wind that had begun to whistle outside the ship, it was only going to get worse.

She explained there was a room that was protected from the wind, and she seemed to be inviting him to join her there for shelter, if he wished.  "Thank you," he offered simply, unsure if sleep was possible or not yet. He was partially tired from his journey, but also rejuvenated by his new-found company.  "And no need to apologize, Orica," Aki found himself chuckling gently.  "I'm far from standoffish myself. I like others too much to pretend otherwise." He'd always thrived on his interactions with others, and never made a point to pretend he didn't; his intentions were more selfish than not, for found great pleasure in conversation and meeting new creatures, but it was simply how he was. "Tell me, how did a lovely lady such as yourself end up here?" His gaze left her to sweep around the ship's interior, which was more visible now as his eyes had begun to adjust to the dim light here. It wasn't a popular destination by any means, though it made good shelter in time of need, he couldn't help but wonder how she'd ended up here.

Orica

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
10-19-2016, 12:33 PM

and on and on we go through the wastelands through the highways

Off Orica went, leading the way through the thing's belly, ducking and dodging fallen debris on tiny, spritely paws. Avoiding the jagged spars, some flaking off red dust that looked like rotten, powdery wood and smelled like blood and ice. She was conscious of the male's presence, big and warm and downright toasty in the small space. He seemed nice and straight forward. Traits she was happy to return. Or do her best to. But she couldn't help but be curious. He was polite and friendly at a glance. He said he liked others. So why was there no scent of pack on him? Perhaps it was the frozen wastes or the strong winds outside, stripping all trace of others, but she could smell no scent of collective wolf, of family and clan on him. She had enough experience in a pack to know that wolves weren't kicked out without good reason, and enough time as a wanderer herself to know that people traveled solo for a mirad of reasons. No two loners were the same. A warning and a promise.

But he was asking her questions as they walked. How'd she end up here? Whether he meant this ship, the north, or these lands in general, the answer was the same. "I'm scouring the north. A bit of a quest you see." This was going to turn into story telling. She really couldn't ask for a better feel for it - the cold metal husk, dotted with frost stars, the shadows and shades where no sun could reach. The sound of the winds moaning and tearing and echoing without, streadily growing louder with each passing minute. She almost wished she had a spookier one. Well she did - plenty- but they wouldn't answer Aki's question. "I've heard rumors of a pack in the north reaches of this land. One who's very name sounds like ice. It's said to be ruled by wolves of the ancora line. Well I am a wolf that bloodline - or at least some branch of it. I lost touch with my family long ago when I went off adventuring. I hope to find something of them again. The relation may be distant or entirely mistaken, but I will keep my hopes til they are proven wrong. Either way I intend to offer my knowledge as a healer." She was always most in her element when helping people. Her voice was a strange contrast to the cold dark of the place. High, but no longer thin and fairy-like with youth. It had substance and song and seemed almost to linger. Beautiful to the point of haunting as she laid out her tale before a near stranger. She didn't mind.

Her other gift, however, she did not mention. She intended to offer that too, in time, at least if the wolves the other pack proved blood or proved worthy. For one thing they might not believe. It was a bit of a stretch for many - including herself at one point. And for another... even among those that believed in strange forces, many would not take kindly to having a Seer wolf among them.

But perhaps he'd heard of this pack. THey were supposed to be somwhere in the north? Could he give her any hints or directions?"I would be most grateful," she said, sitting primly, shivering with her fur all a-fluff. "If you could give me any knowledge or guesses about such a pack." Her eyes glittered - shining blue in the black of the 'cavern's' underbelly.

finding life along the way, melodies we haven't played

Áki

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
10-22-2016, 09:58 PM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2016, 09:58 PM by Áki.)
It was refreshing to meet a soul who seemed so.. wholesome. Simple didn't seem quite like the right word to describe her, because she seemed far too knowledgeable and interesting to be called anything but simple. Amusement flickered in his deep crimson stare as he watched her, turning to direct him deeper into the ship despite the fact that he hadn't said he wanted to sleep or not. Might as well warm up from the cold before continuing on, even if he didn't exactly sleep - rest was always appreciated, and turning his back on a pleasant wolf wasn't something he did often. Not when so many that he met were.. well, mediocre might be a good word for it.

Her answer seemed cryptic, enough to keep his interest and to keep him from prying too deeply. A soft chuckle left his throat, echoing gently off the solid walls around him. "A quest, hm?" he'd ask lightly, a harmless enough question to ignore if she didn't feel like delving deeper into her story. But Orica seemed willing to share - actually, she seemed pretty content to share, if he had to judge. He found himself grinning. She was looking for a northern pack, one that could very well be ruled by her family. It didn't sound familiar to him at all, but why would it? He was interested nonetheless, and grateful that she had shared it with him.

"I can't say any of this sounds familiar to me," he offered gently, with a touch of regret in his deep voice. Aki wished he had more information for her, but he avoided packs at all costs. "Though I have come close to a few claimed territories, I know nothing else. I know if you travel due south from here, you will come to a forest that is claimed by a pack," the male shrugged his wide shoulders along with his words. "Though I haven't explored it long enough to know how many there are. I'm afraid I can't help you much." He eyed her in the dark - it was much darker at this more enclosed end, than by the entrance, his gaze soft and apologetic. Hopefully she would find a way to find them, and reunite with her family, if possible.

With a soft grunt, and a bit of shuffling around, he found a comfortable spot and would lower himself to the metal floor with ease. It was a bit warmer her, shielded from the elements, though his surroundings were wildly unnatural and far from what he was used to. "I hope you find them," Aki would offer after a moment of fidgeting and getting himself settled more comfortably.

Orica

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
11-18-2016, 10:58 AM

ooc: sorry for the long delay!

Orica was comfortable enough to lay day beside the stranger. Close enough that his bulk made a difference in temperature, but not rubbing up against him. He had been nothing but polite and friendly, but cold or not, Orica wouldn't presume on his good graces. She listened attentively as he spoke. He wasn't certain of course, but in his words were a clue. A forest to the south of this icy wasteland. Yes. Yes that could be it. And if not it was as good a place to try as any. Orica had been careful in her travels... A loner never knew the sort of place they were entering when they stepped up to a border. No idea what they were in for.

Aki apologized that he couldn't say more - perhaps having some idea of the direction her thoughts had taken, but she shook her head. "No that's very helpful. It's more than I had a moment ago and that's something."  Her muzzle was graced with a gentle smile, even if her eyes showed she was somewhere lost in thought. She was going over the trails she'd taken, the paths she'd used to come as far North as she had. Had she seen any signs of pack wolves in such a place? She'd come far north a time before, thinking it the best way to go. Perhaps she'd overshot. At any rate, she was happy to hear she didn't have to travel farther north - or try to cross the ice seas or some such insanity.

The male wished her luck and Orica brought herself back to the present. The sentiment was met with warm blue eyes, a flick of her tail when she could find nothing to say at once. "You're very kind," and to a little old stranger as well. "It puzzles me a little, Aki, for someone with such manners, and a self-professed 'like' of others, why do you walk alone? I should think any pack would be happy to have such a warrior?" Her eyes strayed over his back and shoulders, the fearsome tusks that hug from his muzzle like those of the giant seal-creatures she'd seen in her travels. It reminded her of the stories she was told as a cub- of ancient packs and Dire wolves and cats as big as bears. She could do with a story now, and perhaps that was why she allowed her curiosity to show.

Áki

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
11-21-2016, 09:25 AM
Orica was quite a lovely woman, that was something he could recognize immediately. He had a soft spot for wolves who were more... physically intimidating, but she had a different sort of strength behind her gaze. She'd said she was a healer. She could likely save him in a variety of different situations, ones in which he might have no idea what to do otherwise - that was a sort of strength, too, in its own way. The ability to cheat death was pretty impressive, and judging by her age she likely knew a thing or two about more serious injuries and illnesses. He watched her for a moment, wondering just what she knew, though since he knew nothing of healing himself the depth of her own knowledge would be lost on him.

She seemed grateful for his information, as little as it was, and he found himself shrugging nonchalantly. It was really nothing, little more than an observation, but it seemed to help her nonetheless. He returned the smile readily, moving to stretch his paws out before him and briefly let his head drop and resting on them. A moment of silence fell over them, not at all uncomfortable, before she spoke again.

It wasn't often he heard he was kind, though he naturally found himself being quite amiable toward most. And even less frequently did anyone question his independent existence.  "Manners come quite naturally to me," he said simply, his head lifting and tusks tilting toward her as he spoke. A chuckle fell from parted lips, in amusement.  "Life is much more fun when you have nothing but joy in your heart, don't you think?" He was selfish at his core, even if it didn't always seem so - he loved attention and loved simply experiencing life, neither which came when you were constantly malicious and ill-willed. Things were simply much more fun when you were pleasant toward those you met, until they made you think otherwise.

"Though, if you want to know the truth," he started, his crimson gaze sparkling with amusement,  "I don't do well following others, nor would I do well leading others. I just like being around them when I want, and choosing to leave them when I want too. I can't imagine I'd react well being told to follow an order, or do something I don't want to do."  He'd lived among family as a boy, though they'd been taught to come and go freely as they pleased. Nobody had made decisions for the group, no more than a parent might guide a child until they were old enough to chose for themselves, and it had been lovely that way. He had even less interest in leading others than he did in being led. He found himself shrugging his wide shoulders again.

"What of you, Orica? You say yourself you are a nomad. Would you give away your freedom if you find this family pack you speak of, or do you not care much whether you are on your own or in a pack?"  He'd always valued his own freedom, though he knew not all others did. He could understand this, even if he could not emphasize with it. His tone was curious, rather than accusing, as he watched her.

Orica

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
12-08-2016, 10:02 AM

Yes, someone had brought this one up well.

Orica couldn't help being reminded of the warriors of her own family. Of her grandmother espically, though she doubted saying those exact words aloud would imediately seem complimentary. Orica's father's mother was Clash - the part doberman, part timber wolf who was born wild and grew up fighting in pits for the entertainment of others more monstrous than she. The she-wolf had been a hulk - battle scared, abnoramlly large in the shoulders and thick in the fang - looking something like a bedtime story beast. And yet she'd been the sort to befriend any pup that came her way, and make snow prints of herself by rolling around in fresh powder. That was how she and Orica's grandfather met, actually. She'd always gone through life acting like she could be anyone's friend or anyone's enemy. "Manners cost a warrior nothing, and a fool, everything," Orica murmured. It was something the old lady had been known for saying.

Strange to think she was now at the age that Clash had been when Orica's father and littermates were born. Their family had fertility if nothing else.

As if hearing her very thoughts, the male wolf chuckled. Orica blinked and stared at him - honestly, after all the things she'd seen, a wolf who could read minds like tracks or scents wouldn't surprise her. He spoke with a lightness of heart that was infectious. His laughter had a unqie ring to it - maybe the result of the fangs, maybe just something of his own voice. Certainly worth listening to. She agreed whole heartedly with his statement, but she let her eyes and smile speak for her  as she laid her muzzle on her paws and tipped her ears forward - an encouragement to go on. The male had more to say.

His estimation of himself was as open as it was honest. Orica liked a wolf that knew what they were made of. What they would and wouldn't take from others. His lifestyle was idealic in someways, independant in ways that only  a handful of wolves would ever be by choice. It fit him. Orica couldn't say how exactly. She had some vague idea of him only being comfortable in a pack of sabor-toothed half-bears like himself. But he was inquiring after her now. "Oh I'd trade my freedom for family in a heartbeat, came the easy reply, her head still sunk on her paws - half turned to watch him with pleased, tired eyes. "For one thing, we don't all look like the direct descendants of war gods. There are as many bad wolves as there are good out there - how many winters do I look like I'd last on my own?" A sobering question, but asked simply enough. "And I have a pack wolf's heart. I feel better when I'm surrounded by those who have at least half a thought for my existence. I like to be somewhere I can feel I'm being of use." She shrugged. "I've wandered plenty. Sometimes with just a lover or a family, and traveling with the nomads was a freeing experience in alot of ways, but I appreciate stability. What little of it there is, these days." Not that she couldn't see his point, or that she hadn't enjoyed her time going from den to den - land to land. Making allies and enemies at every turn. Hunting things one day that she wouldn't have dreamed existed the night before. There was appeal to that - espically for a younger wolf. "As for orders-" she yawned mid sentence, apologizing with a wince and a downward flick of her ears "-never bothered me much. Thats the thing about being a healer you know - however big they are they all end up bleeding and prone at your feet anyway." The fluffy little she-wolf half chuckled with her eyes closed.

Áki

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
12-12-2016, 07:35 PM
Though he understood that other wolves didn't share his own ideas of freedom being a top priority, and he didn't care to be rude enough to try to change their minds, that didn't mean he quite knew why they felt that way. obligation and responsibility? He saw no issue with his sisters spending long periods of time away from him, as it only made their time spent together that much sweeter. He couldn't picture spending so much time with either of his sisters - especially Sabine. Surely she'd be chewing his ears off by the second week. Literally, too. He nearly chuckled at the thought, though his attention was brought back to the present by Orica's lovely voice, echoing off the walls of the ship.

The words she said seemed like a bit of a saying, and he found himself putting it in the back of his mind.  "I like that," he murmured appreciatively, smile twitching the corners of his lips. He liked that this woman seemed wise beyond her years, though truthfully he'd been spending too much time with younger wolves.. perhaps he was just glad to be among older company, like himself.

He had no issue with describing his own qualities to her. In many ways, Aki was very much an open book.. and he knew many wolves were confused at his own starkness. He always found himself amused at how some seemed envious of his freedom, while making no effort to question their own situations. Orica was unapologetic in her own views - family over freedom, at all costs. He wouldn't judge her for that, though he couldn't imagine wanting such a thing for himself. Another laugh bubbled from his chest at her question. Had she just referred to him as though he was a descendant of a war god? "You could last plenty long,"  he said certainly, his head nodding slightly as he examined her.  "I have no doubt that you could sweet talk me into swallowing an herb that could kill me as quickly as any wolf could."  She had different survival skills than he did, but he had no doubt that hers were just as useful, only in a different way.

He did understand better as she explained it. She liked being useful, liked being around those who needed her and appreciated her. Did he hear a hint of nostalgia in her words when she spoke of stability? He wondered what had happened to her, in her life, to make her speak of things like that.  "And, like you said, in the end you're the one us warriors come running to when we're an inch from death."  Though he'd never needed to seek out a healer, and he wasn't sure his ego would ever let himself do such a thing.. but he loved living, that much was true. He considered it, letting his head fall to his forepaws as he gazed at her in quiet thought for a moment. "I hope you find your family, Orica. It seems important to you. Hopefully you find nothing but stability in your future." He grinned again; someone who was passionate about anything was doing better than many, and he'd certainly met some wolves who seemed hopeless. Like nothing mattered at all in the world. He couldn't imagine living such a sullen life.

Orica

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
01-03-2017, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2017, 09:34 PM by Orica.)

[Image: 2NSEXgO.png]

~*~

Their conversation drifted on as the storm froze and frothed up above. One wouldn't have guessed it from the easy manner in which the two strangers talked; like they hadn't a care in the world. Like they were safe and sound and at peace for the night. Orica felt so, at least. The months of travel were clinging to every muscle, slowly but surely dragging her down into sleep. But she managed a lazy wink when the male mentioned sweet talk. The idea of her ever poisoning someone was laughable. But sweet talking someone? That could be arranged. Well... maybe when she woke up. Priorities and all.

As she finished speaking, the male was kind enough to wish her all she wanted. He was laying out too - stretched almost as a twin to her - though so much larger. He had lovely eyes, Orica thought to herself, as she drifted further into the first shallows of sleep. Rubiconds of experience and life and thought. Yet so different. She couldn't remember ever meeting a wolf with such red eyes... unless it was the line of her cousins - just pups as she remembered them. But in an adult wolf - no. They could be rather terrifying, she didn't doubt. But even as the thought came she yawned and snuggled her muzzle deeper into her white forepaws. Her frame rose and fell with deep, relaxed breaths. Sleep was calling. "Thank you," she murmured, voice thick with surrender. "And you - I wish you all the freedom you desire. ...One traveler to another." 

The last words slipped from her maw, slightly muffled against the stone floor, as her ears tilted forward and she finally gave over. Her face softened and lightened under the spell of sleep, til one could almost forget the silver hairs and see the boystrous, troublesome little slip of a pup she'd been so many seasons ago. Her big brush of a tail swept round to serve as a blanket, brushing against the male's fur, tip twitching like a fox's. And the icy winds whistled through jagged chunks of metal. As if enraged it's mighty roar was being treated as little more than a lullaby.

~*~

(felt like doing some art of them X3 )

Áki

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
01-10-2017, 07:49 PM
Amusement danced in his deep red stare at the implication that she might, in fact, poison someone. It was true, though - brute strength wasn't the most important kind of strength there was. He had no doubt she knew enough to poison him, perhaps without him ever realizing it. Briefly he wondered if anyone had ever thought of poisoning a water source. Did he ever really think about such things when he was parched? That the water itself could kill him? He thought to ask her it later, perhaps in the morning, though he also wondered if not knowing was a better idea..

He watched as she hunkered down further, feeling his own frame relax in his seated position. Her company was so pleasant and calming that he suddenly found himself longing for the sleep that it seemed she so craved. Her wish for him was genuine and he grinned at her, briefly lifting his head to nod appreciatively.   "Thank you, Orica,"  he murmured, forelegs stretching out in front of him as a yawn took hold.

Sleep sounded better than ever. He let his own tail curl tightly around his hindquarters, shifting just a bit to press ever-so-slightly against her as he rolled to his side, his back grazing her own side. She seemed as though she wouldn't reject the slight affection, however subtle it might be. The warmth she provided was reason enough to move closer. Letting out an exhale, chest rising up and down again, his eyelids drifted close as sleep threatened to sweep him away.