gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
10-16-2016, 09:05 AM
Hey everyone!

I'm kind of expanding on the idea of having a thread for pack AW type threads and am turning this into a place for OOC types of discussion whether it be about plots, ideas, suggestions or decisions about Ivory Ridge.

At the moment I do have a matter I would like to have pack input on.

I just realized that it is 200 gems for a territory expansion instead of 400 and I'm currently debating on a territory.  Originally I was thinking the Redbud Nook for a better hunting territory but it is not adjacent to Fenrir's Maw and I'm not sure about having a territory split like that.  Originally when it seemed Karabela would be inheriting Abaven we had the option for three territories and I thought I would connect them via Singing Caverns.  As that is no longer an option I find myself debating.  So here are the three territories I'm looking at and I'd like pack input!

Redbud Nook

Description:  This young new-growth forest took hold after a large fire burned down the previous grove. The ash of the fallen giants which came before has fertilized the soil and provided an ideal environment for the low shrubs and redbud trees that now abound. Each spring the trees explode into color, vivid pink blossoms overtaking the entire region.

Pros: Excellent hunting territory and herb-growth

Cons: On the other side of the mountain range. Would have to cross the Singing Caverns to get there.  Difficult to patrol unless the pack is split.  Could have a portion of the pack living in the Redbud Nook or even sort of do a nomad like thing moving between the Maw and the Nook during Winter and Summer but that could leave the other territory vulnerable.

Deciduous Forest Biome

Rock Garden

Description:  A vast plain spotted with rocks and boulders of all shapes and sizes. This is a great lookout point, as many of the rocks are tall enough for the wolves to climb on and see for miles.

Pros: Close-by and probably a decent hunting territory plus yay rocks!

Cons: I view it as a grassland-type biome so I'm imagining it would have decent prey like deer and pronghorn but I don't know anything for 100% sure.

Grassland Biome

Stone Steppe

Description:  The Stony Steppe is mysterious, but quite often beautiful. The stones that are it's namesake are a conglomeration of old ancient ruins that have long since been weathered and eroded. Though the basic foundation and stature still stand, much of it has fallen on it's side or caved in.

Pros:  Beautiful and mysterious territory, yay aesthetics! May have an interesting assortment of trinkets because of the ruins but its hard to say for sure.  Possibly an interesting assortment of prey such as antelope and horses.

Cons:  Probably not the best hunting territory.  Again it's hard to tell for sure until the prey guide is finished but steppes tend to be dry and arid.  Also because of the arid conditions it's not rich in a lot of healing herb types.

Steppe Biome

The final decision is mine but I'd appreciate input!  Let me know your guys thoughts!
[Image: qqwoqe.png][Image: karabelas_by_nnightcrawler-dais5gp.png]
[Image: k1dtly.png]
I'll take my throne, lay it on a mountain and make myself a king

Delaney

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Bluetick
10-16-2016, 11:32 AM
I think Redbud nook would be an excellent choice, but I think splitting the pack at this point wouldn't be a good idea. I do like the thought of traveling between the two territories during the seasons. That I feel would be the best idea if you choose this one.

Rock Garden I feel is the best back up of the remaining two territories. Like you said it should have a decent amount of prey of deer and it has a decent herb selection for the healers to collect. Plus another good point you brought up would be the rocks are a vary good lookout point.

I feel these are the best two choices
[Image: 8GuozRR.png]
[Image: TxH2KFf.png]

Tealah

Administrator
Admin

gems
size
Small
build
-
player

Easter 2022Toys for Tots
10-16-2016, 02:56 PM
Being in the east rather than in the drier desert regions the stone steppe is probably slightly wetter than, say, the mongolian steppes, but we can safely assume that it is a grassland that supports a normal prey population of ungulates like gazelle and mule deer and wild horses, as well as the usual grassland birds and rodents, especially in the ruins. I vote for that. Also I am biased because of Ebony. -cough-

The rock garden would probably be about the same as far as the sort of grassland prey and such, though if i remember correctly it also has close proximity to the coastline there that has never been brought into play before that could make for an interesting change.

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
10-22-2016, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the input guys! I'm a really visual person so I'll see if I can find some pictures of the Rock Garden and Stone Steppe. I do like the idea of some eerie sort of mystical rocks especially with the main territory being Fenrir's Maw. lol Tea though is Katja going to be cool with that? Karabela would not be happy to find a group of angry vikings on her doorstep, lol.

I do really like the idea of a nomadic pack that moves from territory to territory with the seasons though I think I'm going to let that idea go. Ivory Ridge, while trade based, wasn't really built as a nomadic pack. A good portion of the pack page does talk about the value of their resources and why this makes border patrol so important and how trespassers are treated.

So yea I think it's down to the Rock Garden and the Stone Steppe!

Oh... and wild horses.... that would be an interesting an potential unique prey for trade.... -ponders-

Tealah

Administrator
Admin

gems
size
Small
build
-
player

Easter 2022Toys for Tots
10-22-2016, 09:30 AM
Nah, Katja doesnt have any particular attachment to Ebony's old lands. Now if someone claims Firefly Lake she might be inclined to ignore the boundary markers to go visit Sigmarr and Auora but otherwise she really doesnt care. Its Yfir's lands in the north that she considers hers.

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
10-23-2016, 07:35 AM
Ok thanks for the input guys!  I think I've settled on the Steppe and considering that Boreas is modeled after North America I imagine the climate to be like the Rocky Mountain Steppe.  I will hunt up some pics to add to the pack page later this week.  Though I found this really neat one I wanted to share, lol it's a book cover though.

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
11-05-2016, 10:19 AM
Hey all!  Just letting you know I've added a little "Upcoming Events" section to the Ivory Ridge pack page.  You can view it Here

This is where I'll put things as ideas come to me and alpha relationships are worked out and finalized.  We will likely be having joint lessons of various sorts with those that are interested.  Right now there are two events planned for early winter:

Pack Sledding - Ivory Ridge event, Raba would like to take her members out for some winter fun and go sledding on the gently slopes at the base of the maw that smooth out into the steppe.

Buffalo Hunt - Karabela has worked out a deal with Faite, the alphas of Celestial, for their packs to do a joint bison hunt.  Kills will be split evenly among the packs.