gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
11-12-2016, 05:24 PM

This "bug" that she seemed to have caught was lasting far longer than she'd anticipated. She still had sleepless nights and a nauseous feeling and she was only getting more irritable the longer it progressed. Finally, after a week of putting it off, she decided to do something about it. Kavdaya wasn't back yet so it meant she had to resort to finding someone else. Luck was practically non-existent and Solveiga had left. It was rather strange to think about. They had so man healers and yet none were around when she needed one.

She hadn't yet figured out how good Kalliope, Castiel's pretty lady friend, was at healing but she was better than seeing no one at all. At least it would give her the opportunity to assess her skills although she would have much preferred doing that by not being sick, but oh well. Trust her to find a bright side in all of this. It wasn't much of a bright side but it was enough of one to get out of the irritated mood she couldn't quite seem to shake.

She headed away from the borders and was about to head back to Kalli's den when she realized something. Where was Kalli's den? She wrinkled her nose at the thought and tried desperately to remember if she'd noticed where the woman had set up, but her mind pulled a blank. Oh well, plan b. She headed towards the communal den and paused not too far from it. She raised her head and let out a short call for her. This was about the only way she could think to find her easily.

Walk, "Talk" Think

[Image: x638RtN.png]
[Image: sI0gGqh.png]

Kalliope

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
11-12-2016, 09:58 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2016, 09:58 PM by Kalliope.)

ooc: gonna liquid time just a tad for the collective lolz

Kalliope paced back and forth across the area in front of her den. Castiel had gone out to hunt or something. To be honest she hadn't quite been listening when he told her what he was doing. It had been a little while since Castiel's proposal, maybe a week or a little over a week. She didn't know for sure if she was being honest. She had been in such a cloud of happiness that she hadn't really been thinking very logically about anything. She woke up early this morning, before the sun had even really gotten into the sky, quite queasy and not feeling quite well. As she laid there in the dark next to Castiel she finally had a chance to really think through their time together so far... and remember that she was in heat. Or had been at least.

She didn't want to bring it up to Castiel just yet. It was too early to tell for sure honestly and it was entirely possible that she was just imagining things. So she had just smiled and nodded and agreed when he said he was going to go do something and as soon as he was out of hearing range she anxiously started pacing. She had to tell someone so maybe they could tell her she was being crazy, but she didn't know anyone else here that well. Just then, like the world had been reading her mind, she heard Faite's howl calling for her. She stopped in her tracks and listened curiously to the alpha's howl. What did Faite need her for she wondered? Tucking her worries onto the back burner for the moment, she trotted off toward Faite, grateful again that she had taken the time to learn the layout of the plains well enough to get around without too much trouble. She caught Faite's scent and headed toward her, but there was something different about her scent... Oh this timing was just too much. There was no way. She chuckled softly to herself and walked over to Faite, a small smile painting her lips. "Hey, Faite," she said in greeting, dipping her head politely to her when she stopped. "What's up?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
11-12-2016, 11:14 PM

Kalliope didn't disappoint her at all and it wasn't long before the pretty woman came to view. A soft smile tugged at her lips at the sight of her. She smelled of Castiel which caused her head to tilt curiously to the side. Was there something there between them? A part of her was rather giddy at the idea of it. It was never too late for him to find someone and she'd already told him he deserved happiness. She made a mental note to pry later - she didn't want to make Kalliope uncomfortable with a load of questions.

"Hello Kalliope. Thank you for coming. I meant to see if I could find you instead, but I wasn't quite sure where you were staying and I didn't want to intrude."

She waited a moment, trying to gather her thoughts, before delving right into why she'd called her. "I was hoping you could tell me what's ailing me. I've felt rather nauseous for the past week, I haven't slept well either, though I feel tired a lot more too." Now that she said it out loud she couldn't think of anything that would have caused this. She didn't really feel sick, but she didn't feel like herself either and she was beginning to wonder if she should have sought Kalliope out sooner.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Kalliope

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
11-13-2016, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2016, 01:35 PM by Kalliope.)

Kalliope smiled and shook her head at Faite's insistence that she had been planning on coming to her instead of calling for her. "It's fine, i don't mind. The plains are pretty easy to get around." She had just assumed that it was Faite's right as the alpha to call her if she needed her, but she appreciated the sentiment anyway. She settled back onto her haunches and waited for Faite to get to telling her why she had called, and she listened curiously as Faite described her ailment and asked what could be wrong. Her brows lifted with surprise. She really didn't know? Although she supposed that it might be a bit harder to tell a change in one's own scent and not everyone's nose was as sensitive as hers. Perhaps Faite wasn't completely familiar with she symptoms?

"Well, um, how do I say this..." she started with a soft chuckle. "If your symptoms and scent have anything to say about it, I'd say you're pregnant, Faite." She certainly wasn't the best at sugar-coating things or beating around the bush. She'd rather just cut to the chase. "I mean, as long as you've had sex recently. I could be wrong if you hadn't." She still couldn't believe this timing. She kind of wished she was more tactful with her words considering how anxious she had been all morning just at the possibility of being pregnant. She could only imagine how Faite was feeling now. She almost wished she could see Faite's expression. "I'm sorry if I'm not the best at breaking news like this." She couldn't even really reach out to comfort her without awkwardly fumbling around to find her. Jeeze, was this the kind of stuff healers dealt with all the time? She supposed she'd have to get used to it if she was going to be a healer full time now.

"Talk" "You" Think

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
11-17-2016, 08:01 PM

Faite was glad she didn't seem to be interrupting anything. In fact the woman seemed quite alright with coming to her instead. Faite hated feeling like she was inconveniencing the woman, but she'd pretty much ran out of options. Without Kavdaya around ... well there wasn't really anyone else she could go to. She made a mental note to find out where Kalliope had set up her den. She had no problem seeking out the healer in her own quarters if she ever needed her assistance once again.

Kalliope's brows lifting in surprise wasn't exactly what she'd been expecting when she explained her symptoms. She felt her teeth clenching without her meaning to and she tensed. Did that mean it was bad? Had she contracted what her mother had? Would it start off slow before killing her off after a long while of agonizing torture? Her brain jumped to the worst possibilities and conclusions. She was so deep in thought that she almost didn't hear her.

"Well, um, how do I say this..."

Well that sounded bad

At least it had until the other woman chuckled. Now she was just simply confused. What on earth? Surely no serious ailment was funny? Nerves racked her body and then ... "If your symptoms and scent have anything to say about it, I'd say you're pregnant, Faite." If Faite had been stumped before that was nothing compared to now. Her eyes widened and her breath hitched in her throat. Pregnant?! There was no way ... no, it couldn't be, could it?

"I mean, as long as you've had sex recently. I could be wrong if you hadn't."

She was about to open her mouth, to tell her no, when she clicked her mouth shut again. She thought back to that night in the cave with Zell and she felt the heat rising to her face. She hadn't thought much of the encounter after she'd left the male, but now it raced through her mind. She felt incredibly stupid now. How could she have not known until now. She was rendered speechless for a moment before she finally managed to halfway pull her thoughts together.

"I ... uh, wow." She paused, still somewhat at a loss. "I definitely wasn't expecting this."

She'd always thought about settling down with someone and having kids; however, this wasn't exactly how she pictured it going. It worried her now more than ever. She wasn't dying from some awfully slow torturous disease but she might as well have been. She had to tell Zell now and there was no telling if he'd want to be a part of the kids lives, much less ever see him again for that matter. Then there was her family to break the news to. She shuddered inwardly at the thought. What would happened when Regulus came back? How was she supposed to tell him ... god that would be so awkward.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Kalliope

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
11-18-2016, 02:51 AM

Well this was very obviously not the news that Faite had been expecting or had even considered. "Congratulations?" she offered hesitantly, unsure if Faite was actually happy about this news or not. It was hard for her to tell how others were feeling or reacting considering she couldn't see their expressions and mannerisms. She could only go off their voices and Faite really didn't have much to say. Although if Faite was really that surprised then Kalliope didn't expect her to have a lot to say.

"If it makes you feel any better we'll be pregnant together," she offered with a small shrug and a slight smile. She didn't know if now was a good time to share this kind of news or not, but when else would she? Maybe Faite would feel a little better knowing she wasn't alone in this surprise pregnancy thing. At least that was her hope. It helped her in a way so maybe it would help Faite as well.

"Talk" "You" Think

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
12-01-2016, 08:08 PM

"Congratulations?"

Her head tilted at the words. Congratulations. Yeah she guessed this was supposed to be a happy moment. Why did she feel so anxious about it then. She shook her head and tried to get the nervous thoughts to go away. This was supposed to be a happy occasion. She could certainly worry about it later. It wasn't like she could make herself un-pregnant so she'd just deal with it a day at a time. She was just glad Kalliope had revealed why she'd felt so off lately. Least she wasn't worried about some deadly illness now.

"If it makes you feel any better we'll be pregnant together,"

Now that was definitely something to get her mind off of things. Her jaw dropped and a wide grin spread across her face. Oh that was great news and she could only suspect one wolf for who the father was. Castiel had been the one to introduce Kalli to Celestial. He'd been the one to call her to accept her.

"That's great news! Is Castiel the father?"

Walk, "Talk" Think

Kalliope

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
12-01-2016, 08:32 PM

Kalliope hadn't had a chance to really accept the fact that she was pregnant yet so that she could be happy about it. She would be, wouldn't she? She wanted to think she would be. It had all just happened so fast and she didn't know how to feel about it yet. But when Faite told her that it was great news a smile tugged at her lips. Kalli nodded to confirm that Castiel was indeed the father. He was the only wolf she had been with in ages so of course he was.

"He doesn't know yet. I don't really want to get his hopes up if anything happens you know. I just started getting symptoms and things a couple of days ago, but I was in heat and.... well, you know. So I'm pretty sure. Just want to be extra sure." She chuckled softly and shuffled her paws nervously. She really hoped everything would go okay. She knew she wasn't the youngest mother around and she didn't know what other defects had come along with her blindness, but... she was hopeful. "If you need any help or anything with your pregnancy let me know, okay? I'm not the most knowledgeable healer around, but my adoptive mother taught me some things." She wasn't sure who the other healers around here were just yet so she didn't know how much her services would be needed.

"Talk" "You" Think

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
12-01-2016, 09:37 PM

Okay yeah she had to admit that she was pretty excited now. Kalliope's surprise left her mind completely void of worries as she grinned. Her uncle was going to have kids! He was getting up there in years and she was aware that it was something that he wanted. This was so great! She wasn't sure exactly how they'd be related to her own kids, but that certainly meant their kids would be around the same age, right? They'd get to play with each other.

"That's so exciting. Congratulations. You'll have to tell me how he reacts when you tell him. I'm sure he'll be so excited."

She was grateful when Kalliope offered to helped her out with her own pregnancy. She supposed this was the time to be asking questions. What was the birth going to be like, what should she be doing and not be doing, stuff like that. She realized she was completely unprepared for this and not being a healer didn't help exactly. She was glad Kalliope had come along in Kavdaya's absence. She wasn't sure who else she would have gone to otherwise.

"Thank you. What should I expect exactly? I know I'm gonna get fat and hungrier as they get bigger, but what else? Should I be eating anything specific or taking certain herbs?"

Walk, "Talk" Think

Kalliope

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
12-03-2016, 06:57 PM

Kalliope chuckled and nodded in agreement to the request to tell Faite how Castiel took the news once she told him. Hearing from Faite that it was indeed an exciting thing made her hopeful that Castiel would be just as excited. She was probably much more worried about it than she needed to be, but there were just so many variables to consider. She was sure she wasn't the oldest mother around, but she was still on the older side. Besides that, she had been born blind. What if one of her children had the same fate?

She didn't have to be lost in her thoughts for too long though since Faite responded with some questions to her offer of help. She smiled a little at Faite's questions. It was very obvious that the other woman knew little to none about pups and how the whole process worked. That was alright, Kalliope only really knew what to expect from hearing about it from others. She would experience it herself soon enough she supposed. "Well, you hit the nail on the head with the fatter and hungrier thing," she responded with a chuckle before she continued. "Motherwort is a really good herb for mothers. Just take a small amount of it daily. It'll help ease everything along. Lavender is good for keeping calm as well. Might be good to have some around when you're giving birth. Other than that... Just avoid things like fighting or anything else that might be too strenuous. You're still fairly young and healthy so I don't think you'd have anything to be concerned about. Your body knows what to do. Don't be worried."

"Talk" "You" Think

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
12-05-2016, 12:14 AM

Faite couldn't help but feel a little overwhelmed about it all. She assumed that she still had some time before she had a family. She had wanted the ability to have the time to ask questions before she made the conscious choice to have pups, but it was a little late for that now. Now she just felt so out of the loop that she wasn't sure even what she should be asking. The thought of getting fat wasn't exactly a happy thought either. She'd worked so hard on keeping fit and active. The thought of her belly swelling out was not appealing in the slightest.

She tried to do her best to memorize the herbs Kalliope listed. She had no idea what motherwort was, but she recognized lavender easy enough. She already knew not to go fighting, not that she'd been in a fight in a while, but being careful was definitely a must. She thought of almost tumbling down a mountain with Aki. Yeah, that definitely wouldn't happen again. She tried to take comfort in the words that her body would know what to do. It was a strange concept, but surely it was right? Kalliope knew what she was talking about - she had to.

"Alright so I know what Lavender looks like, but what does motherwort look like?"

Walk, "Talk" Think

Kalliope

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
12-05-2016, 12:38 AM

Kalliope was proud of how confident she sounded in her descriptions of what Faite should do. She knew what she was talking about for the most part, but this was really the first time her knowledge was being tested. So far so good! Faite didn't seem to doubt her at all, which helped, but Kalliope hoped she was giving her all the best advice. She was sure someone that had more experience with pregnancy or birth could help her more, but it seemed that she was the first choice at the moment.

She had to stop for a second though when Faite asked what motherwort looked like. She had assumed that Faite knew she was blind, but perhaps she didn't? Or had it been a slip of the tongue? "Ah, well, I'd love to tell you all about it, but I've never seen it... Because I'm blind." She smirked slightly as she said it, her deadpan humor coming out in full force. She chuckled softly, hoping that Faite realized that she really didn't mind. It wasn't the first time someone had said something like that to her and it certainly wasn't going to be the last. "I know it's kind of leafy if that helps. There's no flower on it that I know of. The leaves are kind of spiky around the edge, but not in a ow that hurts 'cause it poked me kind of way. I know what it smells like, but it's kind of hard to describe a smell."

"Talk" "You" Think

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
12-05-2016, 01:29 AM

"Ah, well, I'd love to tell you all about it, but I've never seen it... Because I'm blind."

A look for horror washed over her face. Blind. And here she was asking Kalliope what motherwort looked like. How could she not have noticed? She'd never once thought about focusing on how Kalliope acted. It'd just never occurred to her that the woman couldn't see. It went to show how much time she'd actually spent with the woman. She'd half expected Castiel to at least have told her, but then again maybe they hadn't thought about it. Either way, now Faite felt rude.

"I'm so sorry! I had no idea."

She was mostly sorry cause she'd asked a question and seemed ignorant. She could see Kalliope was used to it, but it didn't make her feel any better. The joking was nice, at least she wasn't angry with her. She didn't feel so horrified about it, but now she definitely wouldn't forget it either. How did she even know what herbs were which? Faite couldn't tell them apart regardless - they all looked like plants to her, yet here Kalliope was prescribing her herbs and all Faite could do was feel impressed.

"Spiky around the edges, no flower. I think that's simple enough." She tried to commit that to memory. She didn't want to pick the wrong thing and poison herself. "Thank you for the help. I definitely was not prepared for this." It felt nice to confide in the older woman. It was easier than telling her family and she could ask the questions she needed without feeling bad that she didn't know what she should be doing.

Walk, "Talk" Think