Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
11-21-2016, 09:20 PM

The island had looked so inviting, and Ricky quite honestly loved to swim even though she wasn't necessarily the fastest in the water. The black sands of obsidian beach had inspired her to check out the many wonders of the coast and the islands were a part of that. She found herself floating along across the ocean at low-tide as she made her way to Love Island.

When she arrived, she took a moment to try and shake the frigid waters from the denseness of her coat and afterward she stood stunned in awe as she looked over the wonderful split in the sands. The fresh and saltwater fighting for claim over the island was a wonder in itself and she thoroughly enjoyed the image it offered. After her moment of wonder, she continued on through the island and kept her head low and her nose to the sand as she searched for scent stories to tell her more about the place.

To her left, she couldn't help but notice interesting tracks in the sand. She knew the footprints to be those of a webbed-footed bird.. probably a pelican judging from the size. What she found interesting was the long tracks to the right of it those, as if the thing had been dragging it's wing. As she followed, she was quite certain that the bird was injured though she wondered how far it had gotten and where it was hiding now. Would she seek it out? Well, when opportunity knocks.. who really would choose to ignore it? Still, she was hesitant of that impressive beak so for the moment she stood there deep in thought. Perhaps, if she had another set of jaws to help her distract the large bird and get close..
R for Ricky

Dagmær

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
11-23-2016, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2016, 09:46 PM by Dagmær.)

The drought had been causing Dagmær to travel farther and farther in search of prey.  While the snowfalls would bring much needed moisture it was too little, too late for the hooved creatures that would dig through the snow in search of nutrients only to find the dried up wasted leftovers of a cruel summer.  Thankfully a warmer wind and tide had made the weather on the Love Islands a bit more bearable.  Dagmær made a face at the name.  Bleck!  

The day was nice and clear and when she felt her coat had dried enough she got to her paws and began the task of tracking down some manageable prey.  Skirting along the beach she was originally planning on digging up some crustaceans when she spied a group of large white birds with weird bills that giant sacks hung off of.  Hmmm….   those would make decent carrying bags if treated and cured correctly.  Assuming Kassander had any idea what these were.  The bird didn't seem to want anything to do with her and at the first sight of the wolf it was in the air.  Dam!  If only there was an easier target… that was the thing with birds.  She'd have to expend a lot of energy for a small amount of meat unless she was lucky enough to find a bird in an unfortunate situation.

Strolling along she spied a large, dark wolf ahead of her that seemed to be staring at tracks in the sand.  Perhaps the stranger was after the same quarry?  "Hey… hey… psst…. you hunting those weird bag-mouth birds?"  She kept her voice as low as she could while still making it loud enough to hear and hoping she wouldn't scare off the other's prey if there was some nearby.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Ricochet

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
11-25-2016, 06:52 PM

She was going through her options and attempting to come up with just how hard one of those huge beaks could bite when a voice broke her thoughts and made her do a double-take in it's direction. Heterochromic eyes stared bewildered as they snapped to the black and gray woman coming up on her. The behemoth of a woman took a step back as she inspected the other, listening carefully to her words. With the mass and shadow of her body, she'd attempt to hide the tracks she stood upon as if it could do anything to protect the trail she'd found from the other. "What? Oh.. yes. I am."

Considering she'd just been thinking about how much easier it would be to hunt with another, she soon gave a charming smile to the other woman as her fire and emerald gaze relaxed to a slight slant. "Don't tell me that you are, too? My luck is never that good." Her voice was low for a woman, but high for her as she would attempt to remain somewhat polite in hopes of gaining the trust of this fellow hunter. She moved aside as if to display the tracks that she was sure Dagmaer had already noticed, "I think we could help each other out, you and I. What do you say?"

R for Ricky

Dagmær

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
12-02-2016, 08:46 PM

Dagmær grinned wryly as she watched the other woman fidget as if trying to hide the tracks. Too late! Of course if the stranger was super uptight about it she supposed she could go hunt elsewhere though in her experience two sets of jaws were usually better than one when it came to hunting. Thankfully it seemed the other was at least open to the idea of company as she grinned at Dag. The green-eyed girl nodded. "I was thinking about it. I've never caught one before or eaten one so I wasn't sure if they were even worth the effort." She was interested in trying one regardless. The more animals she knew how to hunt and kill the more options Ivory Ridge could have when it came to trading.

Dagmær nodded vigorously at the woman's offer. "Yes, sounds like a plan to me. My name is Dagmær by the way. Have you hunted these before? Is there a good approach or should we just… wing it?" She giggled lightly to herself.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Ricochet

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
12-07-2016, 02:50 PM

As Dagmaer gave her enthusiastic nodding, Ricky couldn't help but chuckle- even further at the silly pun the woman had made. Ricky gave a toothy grin as she shook her head, her eyes returning to the trail she'd found. "Unfortunately not, this is my first time. They're really big, so hopefully it'll be worth it. If not, well.. the more you know, right?" She smirked.

"At least this one is injured, see how the wing drags in the tracks here? That one will be easy, so I say we don't attack that one outright. Perhaps, depending on how many there are, we could both go for healthy ones and leave this guy for last. If we don't get them, at least we didn't waste the opportunity. As for a strategy.. no idea." She shrugged her shoulders lazily, not really knowing what else to say. They'd have to see how close they could get without alerting them, and the rest was up to fate really!

With determination in her step she started down the path, that was.. until she remembered she was supposed to be being quiet. The brutish woman had to pay special mind to accomplish that, but she did her best and started stalking her way down the trail.

R for Ricky

Dagmær

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
12-17-2016, 03:39 PM

It seemed this was the strangers first time hunting pelican as well. Ok… well, they were big birds and obviously they would need to get the drop on them before they took to the air. There was also the matter of them lounging to far out in the ocean. Neither would be able to swim fast enough to nab one before it took to the sky so their only options were to pin one down on land or leap and catch them in the shallows. Whatever bird the other girl had been tracking was obviously on land right now and would make the best prey. What was it doing on land though was the question…

The stranger mentioned that it was injured and Dag nodded with a grin on her face. Perfect luck! There was a chance that due to its injuries it was nesting down on the ground, probably in the thick grass that border the interior of the shore. "Based on the track I think they must be nesting up in that grass there, though exactly where I'm not sure." Her nostrils flared as she stood patiently letting the breeze wrap around them. Her patience would pay off as the wind would shift and she nodded sharply, she caught the faint scent of blood and while she wasn't sure what creature the blood belonged to the fact that an injured pelican was nearby was enough to make her confident in her assessment. "Yea, lets do this, I'll try and circle around what I think is the back while you follow the trail straight in. When we flush them out we pounce and hope luck is on our side." As the stranger stalked off after the trail Dagmær put her nose to work and slipped into the grass. 

Walk, "Talk" Think