Helping Hand

Thanatos

gems
size
build
player
11-24-2016, 07:24 PM

Winter.

It’s grip was growing fiercer, Thany realized. Thank goodness for being in Southern Boreas, though the male had considered asking Shiki if he might like to move even further south to Auster. The two were loners, working on their love for one another. But Thanatos had decided he wanted to do something even more special. He wanted to surprise Shiki… but the question was how was he going to go about it? To do what he longed to do he couldn’t do it alone… but in doing it would Shiki get upset? Thanatos mulled over the idea, leaving Poe with his partner while he went to search for answers.

Maybe he was rushing things… but hell, they were already four years old. He didn’t want them to grow too old before they had a family together… Yet…

Thanatos paused, giving a soft sigh. No, he was sure he wanted to do this. But the question was… where could he find a willing surrogate mother? Someone who could potentially stay with them long enough for the pups to be weaned? A look of frustration crossed onto the male’s face, ears flicking back slightly. Alas… what could he do?

"Speech"

Holly

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
11-25-2016, 04:17 PM

"What do we do now?" Amber gaze found the fiery gaze of her companion, ears flicking as the pair wandered about the prairie. "Well, maybe we can go somewhere with better prey. I'm tired of rabbits!" The feline hissed, her tail lashing in irritation. Holly glanced at her, eyes rolling. "That's not exactly what I meant, but it doesn't sound like a bad idea." She huffed, paws carrying her aimlessly across the terrain. She hadn't seen any of her family for a long time. So long in fact, that she couldn't remember exactly when she had last seen any of them. Then she wondered if she even cared...they certainly didn't. As far as she was aware, her larger brother was busy with a pack trying to live up their mother's dream or whatever. She couldn't stand it, and she didn't get it. Why do something for someone who abandoned you and practically ruined your life? They didn't care. She was selfish, and so was dad and the rest of them.

As for her dad? She felt that he didn't deserve that title anymore. Not after doing what he did and then running away. Disappearing without a word. He might as well be dead too...at least they can rot together. She stopped in her tracks, brows furrowing as the poisonous thoughts seemed to come at a constant stream sometimes. But did she care? She wasn't sure.

"We're not alone." Rhavaniel's low growl brought Holly to focus on the present, gaze finding a rogue male not too far from them. Had she been thinking so much that she wasn't paying attention like she should? She scowled at herself. She had to be more careful, especially since that run in with that one male that had nearly gotten her a few seasons ago when she had been in her first heat. She flicked her tail, wondering what she should do now.

"Too bad we almost made it."

Art

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Thanatos

gems
size
build
player
11-25-2016, 04:29 PM

Thanatos had been so lost in his thoughts that he almost missed the arrival of a female and her companion. Head turned towards her, curiously gazing across her features. She… reminded him a bit of Shiki. Not completely, but her coloring was pretty similar. Thanatos wasn’t sure why though. As far as he knew Shiki had been an only child, having never actually met his partner’s mother and learned of his deeper secrets. The brute was a bit curious though, especially seeing the fire that seemed to burn in the gaze of the other. He offered a soft smile, speaking in his usual slow manner of speaking.

“Sorry…” He apologized first, hoping that it was not his presence that had set her on edge. “I am… Thanatos… Adravendi…” The male tilted his head to the side. “Not… looking… for trouble…” He added, gaze shifting curiously to the feline companion at the female’s side. “Friend… of… yours?” He questioned, motioning towards Rhavaniel.

"Speech"

Holly

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
11-25-2016, 05:17 PM

She eyed him with faint curiosity as the male apologized. Sorry? She didn't think that he had to be the sorry one. It was free country after all, not like she had any claim over it. Instead of saying anything about it though, she nodded slightly and shrugged her shoulders. Her ears flicked when he began to talk more, eyes narrowing slightly in a mix of confusion and mild fascination at the way he talked. Rhavaniel let loose an amused snort, though her piercing eyes never left the male as her own judgmental thoughts began to rise. The feline would quell her tongue for the moment, however, allowing Holly and this...odd male to introduce themselves first.

Holly was mildly surprised too, that this male bore the same last name as her. But then she wondered if he had been given the name like her own mother, or if he was pure-blooded. She knew that the majority of those with her last name weren't true Adravendi's, and she couldn't remember if she'd even met any that were pure to begin with. She and her siblings definitely weren't, because her mother had been adopted in when she was a child all those years ago. "Holly Adravendi. A fake one, I guess." She shrugged her shoulders. It was a true statement, wasn't it? She was not entirely proud nor caring about her last name. Not after her mother destroyed the proud image she once thought it bore. Nevertheless, she was stuck with it...and it hadn't really crossed her mind to change it either. When Thanatos gestured to her companion, she was about to confirm, but Rhava beat her to it. "Maybe you're not as slow or as dumb as you sound." The feline flicked her tail, gaze boring into the male. "Name's Rhavaniel, and I much prefer the terms Mentor. Guide. Bodyguard. Whatever is needed of me."

Art

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Thanatos

gems
size
build
player
11-25-2016, 05:26 PM

Thanatos was surprised. A… fake Adravendi? His brow furrowed with confusion. What did that mean exactly? The male was about to question that when the companion, Rhavaniel, spoke up. So he sounded dumb and slow huh? Thanatos flicked an ear back, his gaze sharpening with a bit of intensity as he looked upon the feline. “Do not… be… fooled.” The brute said, his voice holding a bit more of a tone to it. “I talk… like… this… but I… am… smarter… than you… would… think.” His gaze turned back to Holly.

“I… am… son of… Syrinx Adravendi…” A father whom he’d never met. “Virgil… was… my birth… mother… but… Natalya… and Helios… raised me…” He furrowed his brow once more. “Why… are you… a… fake… Adravendi?” Thanatos moved a little, shifting his body so that he was facing the femme fully, gaze focused upon her own.

"Talk" "You" Think

Holly

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
11-25-2016, 06:24 PM

An amused growl sounded within the feline's throat, tail flicking as she steadily eyed the male. "I would hope so, dog." She was never one for formalities nor niceties. She was a cat, she bowed to no creature! She was the one who ruled, just as all cats did of course. Though when she met Holly, she never really considered traveling around with a canine before. So her excuse when asked was often a beat around the bush kind of answer. Though truth be told, she was fond of the girl. Though she had a harsh way of showing it. This man though odd, was interesting to the the feline. Even though they usually avoided crossing the paths of others, she was more or less glad that they came across this oddity. She wondered what made him tick. Why he spoke the way he did, but she didn't really care to satiate her curiosity by poking and prodding at him for answers. So instead, she shrugged it off and went to groom her paws as the man then addressed Holly again.

Holly's ears perked at the mention of who his father was, but the name rang no bells for her. None of those names did. It made her wonder who she was related to besides maybe the one or two others her mother had mentioned, names she'd already forgotten. She remembered Avalon, but she wasn't related by blood. She was more or less their guardian, though she hadn't seen her in a long time either. She steadily watched Thanatos, glancing away slightly when he questioned her. "My mother was adopted into the Adravendi name like nearly every other Adravendi. I wasn't even sure if there were any pure bloods, but I guess your father was one?" She shrugged, gaze returning to him as she slowly sat down. "Sorry...I'm not too familiar with the family history."

Art

Thanatos

gems
size
build
player
11-25-2016, 06:59 PM

Her mother had been an adopted member of the Adravendi line? He wasn’t even sure he knew others who bore his surname, save for the sister that disappeared. He let out a soft sigh, head tilting to the side. “Don’t… know…” Thany admitted softly. “I… never met… him…” Thanatos confessed. He glanced towards the sky, almost wishing that Poe was with him right now. The raven made him feel safe in his own way.

“I… have… a problem…” Thanatos decided to confide in her. Even if she was not exactly kin maybe she’d listen to his tale? He sat as well, gaze fixing back upon her. “My mate… Shiki… is… male… I… am male. I… want us… to… have… a… family.” Thanatos furrowed his brow. “But I… do… not… know many… others…” Thanatos confessed. Sure he met Xeph, but he was a guy too and wouldn’t be of any help.

“Maybe… you… have… advice?”

"Listen to me talk," 'but read my thoughts.'

Holly

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
11-25-2016, 07:34 PM

She wasn't completely sure why, but she felt disappointed to some degree when he told her he didn't know about his father and his lineage. She had sort of hoped that she could get some information from him about some of the family, anything really, but that would not be happening today. She frowned, though at this point felt that maybe it was best that she didn't know who were the real ones and who were the fake ones. But for one reason or another, it bothered her. She hated not knowing things, and so far it seemed she was always kept in the dark by everyone and everything. Her own family included.

She raised her head to look at him the moment the male stated that he had a problem. Her head tilted slightly, wondering why he would suddenly choose to tell her--a stranger despite their shared surname--about whatever problem he had. Was he sick? If he was, then she had some herbal knowledge. Though not as much as she should have had since her mom decided to let her depression and insanity take over instead of teaching her and preparing her for the world.

To her surprise, it was about starting a family with another male! She was honestly quite surprised, she didn't know that wolves of the same gender started relationships like that! It was a strange concept for her to grasp since she had only been around her mother and father. And nobody explained to her that relationships or partnerships such as...mates didn't have to exclusively be between a male and a female. She almost missed his question about advice because she was so wrapped up in thinking about this difference. "Oh um...I'm not...sure. I've never heard of that kind of partnership before..." And she wasn't familiar with mating either. She'd never had that talk.

Amusing. It was all so amusing. She was content with watching and listening, but this was simply too good to pass up. "Holly, it's as common as the clouds in the sky y'know. You poor sheltered child." Rhavaniel purred, tail grazing Holly's leg as she stared at Thanatos with a thoughtful look. "Have the two of you considered seeking out a surrogate? I've heard of some creatures doing that when they are unable to conceive on their own."

Art

Thanatos

gems
size
build
player
11-25-2016, 07:42 PM

She definitely seemed sheltered indeed. Thanatos couldn’t help but feel slightly surprised at the fact that it was the companion that spoke up for the wolfess in this sense. “Well…” Thanatos listened to Rhava as she spoke again. “I… have not… asked. I… wanted… to surprise… him.” Thanatos confessed. “I…am sorry… to… bother… you with… this…” The brute’s brow furrowed once more. “You wouldn’t… know… of… a wolf… who could… help… would… you?” There was a hopeful look in his gaze. Even if Holly wasn’t able to help perhaps she might know someone who could assist in his gift to Shiki. He certainly didn’t want to ask her point blank… this was already awkward enough.

"Speech"

Holly

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
11-25-2016, 08:25 PM

She listened quietly to her companion's response and suggestion to the male, surprised about what Rhava knew concerning such matters. She supposed she would, her smaller friend was a year or so older then herself. She had to admit as well, that what Thanatos was trying to do was...sweet, in a way. Nobody should be denied a family when they loved each other, and it sounded like he really loved his mate enough to want a family with him. Unfortunately, she didn't know of anyone who might want to help. It wasn't the sort of everyday conversation she had with another, and even normal conversations were few and far in between for her. "I'm sorry, I don't think I know anyone..." She frowned. She was oblivious to the thought that she could be the one to help out...until...

"What about you, Holly?" Rhava looked up at the girl, a wickedly sly grin on her face. This was simply too good, and although she craved some bogus reaction (or overreaction) from her canine counterpart, she was completely serious. "What!? Me!?" Holly's jaw dropped in shock. Was she serious!? "Yes. You. Who else around here is named Holly?"

Standing, Rhava flicked her tail across Holly's nose as she waltzed over to Thanatos, inspecting him as she walked a full circle around him before coming to a stop and sitting a couple of feet in front of him, eyes on Holly. "He wants a family with his mate, and unfortunately male anatomy doesn't work together the way it would with a female. Help the poor guy out. What if his mate was dying?" She lifted a paw and began to groom her face, one eye watching Holly. "Wouldn't you want someone to help you if you were unable to do it yourself?" "Yeah but...I've never...done this before..." Damn her! Holly was irked with Rhava, because the damn cat knew how to talk and convince her to do things she hadn't thought of doing before. Looking to Thanatos, she seemed uncertain. What would she have to do? "Um...I...I guess I could try to help...but, I've never done this sort of thing before...what do you think?"

Art

Thanatos

gems
size
build
player
11-25-2016, 08:35 PM
For a moment it seemed like hope had been lost again. Holly didn’t know of anyone willing to help, at least, until her companion recommended her as a surrogate! Thanatos’ eyes widened a bit with surprise, wondering how Holly would take it. But it seemed in the end she might be slowly getting convinced to help. The brute’s gaze softened, his body shifting slightly. “I’d need… to… make… you pregnant…” Thanatos explained. He wasn’t sure if she was really on board with this whole thing just yet. It was a lot to ask of someone.

“After… the pups… were… weaned… we’d… take them…” Thanatos took a small breath. “If you… want… to… help… I will… be… gentle…” Thany promised, not moving from where he sat. This was up to Holly… and if she didn’t want to help he wasn’t going to force her. "I'd... hunt... for you... too..." He added, making sure it was known that he wouldn't just leave Holly on her own after getting her knocked up. Not that she really was with her companion but...

"Speech"

Holly

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
11-25-2016, 09:04 PM

Her heart hammered in her chest. She'd have to get pregnant!? If wolves could sweat, she was sure that she would be quite alot right now. But...she had more or less sort of offered...or rather, Rhavaniel had offered her to the male. She did feel bad that they couldn't have kids on their own, and Rhava did make sense. Males couldn't mate with one another, that was a given. Still, she was extremely nervous. She'd be pregnant...and the pups wouldn't be hers technically. Could she do that? She thought for a long moment if whether or not it would make her just like her mom. But in the end, she wasn't abandoning them. She was simply helping someone else start a family, and the pups would be loved and well cared for.

She had more or less decided she would be fine with that knowledge. She didn't want to have pups on her own, not as a loner anyway. And even if that were the case, she didn't feel ready to have a family of her own either. She glanced at Rhava who was now staring right at her, and she swore that the cat had some sort of crazy mind controlling abilities. Swallowing, she finally nodded. "Alright...I'm willing to help you...you don't have to worry about sticking around though, Rhava and I are sure to manage until you're ready to take them."

Rhava was an excellent hunter, and no doubt she would help her when she was unable to hunt later on her own. Taking a deep breath, she glanced uncertainly at the two. What was she to do now? She didn't know how this kind of thing worked exactly...or at all, really. Amber gaze found Rhava's in a helpless, pleading manner.

"You poor thing. You're more sheltered than I thought." She nearly laughed, standing up and moving over to Holly. "I've got a lot of work to do with you." She growled as she guided Holly a bit closer to Thany. "Now, turn around and relax. I promise it'll be over before you know it, and it's not that bad, either." Holly would quietly obey, glancing back at Thanatos for a moment, her nervousness clear before her attention was drawn back to Rhava. "Relax. I'll be right here." She cast a stern look at Thany for a moment, "You better be gentle." She rumbled before turning around to sit a few feet away, back turned.

Soon enough, Holly would feel Thanatos against her. Her breath hitched, heart pounding against her chest. So...was this how she was made? She hoped this worked...

-fade to black-

Art

Thanatos

gems
size
build
player
11-25-2016, 09:33 PM

Thanatos watched her, feeling a little bit bad for Holly’s naivity. But at the same time he was excited… the thought of making a family with Shiki… that made him feel so very excited. He could feel his own heart pounding in his chest, his mind churning. Holly and Rhava seemed capable of taking care of the femme at least… and that meant he’d be able to keep the surprise from Shiki until it was time to meet their little ones. He gave Holly a reassuring nod, offering a small smile. He’d make sure that he was gentle with her, especially since she was doing him such a favor. Rhava was there too, luckily, to make sure things went smoothly between them.

“I will… be…” He promised, moving to stand behind Holly. He moved slowly even now, not wanting to startle her or anything. “Just… relax…” Thany whispered, moving to do what he needed to do. If all went according to plan, well, he and Shiki would be parents before the end of winter... or at least spring.

--Fade--

"Listen to me talk," 'but read my thoughts.'

Table by:: Chrono