Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
11-25-2016, 09:41 PM
Navigating was not one of Zuri's talents. The small female had been wandering about aimlessly in search of the one thing she desperately needed; water. She had become so enchanted by the nature around her she had forgotten how tired and how thirsty she had become until her tongue felt like sand paper against the roof of her mouth. The rustic female wandered without knowing in which direction she was going nor where her tired limbs were caring her.

Soon enough, her prayers would be answered, as she stumbled out of the woods and onto a soft patch of grass that overlooked a magnificent lake. The golden rays of the lowering sun bounced off the rippling water, dazzling the icy orbs of the female. For a moment, she let the true beauty of the world sink in, and felt how truly small she was compared to it. But once that was over, she rushed to the side of the lake and began lapping at the chilly waters.

The liquid ran like raging rapids down her parched throat, easing an irritating ache. After a minute or two, Zuri lifted her head, allowing the water to drip off her chin as she gazed about her. She began to think about the rare balance of things nature has brought together in this place; direct sunlight, abundance of water, lots of plants. Surely there had to be some kind of herbs and materials here? It was such a prime habitat for certain plants, she was sure of it.

She just had to find them.

Storm

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Emaciated
player
Bluetick
11-27-2016, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2016, 12:22 PM by Storm.)
Herb Hunting: Ginseng Root & Horsetail

Another day for the women to get some herbs before winter was in full bloom. Once winter was fully here it would be the end of herb picking for the year. She was trying to stock up on as much herbs as possible, hoping to have enough to get the pack through the winter. Normally she wasn't this worried about her stock, but since she had joined Abaven she had to worry about having herbs for more then just Jack and herself. Now it was much different and the silver women was doing well with keeping her cool. he just prayed that no epidemics hit the pack over the winter that would wipe out her supply of herbs. Today she was fallowing her nose to really damp areas, particularly around the lake. Two herbs in particular were on her mind today since she had just been here last week. She was hoping she would be successful in finding them today.

Moving forward the silver women kept up her steady pace hoping to get there in good time so she would have plenty of time to look for horsetail and ginseng root. She would need Ginseng root for immune system for the winter to keep the pack from getting sick and also to help with shock in case anyone were horribly attacked by something. The Horsetail she would need mostly for any open wounds that would need treatment. Nose twitched as the scent of really damp soil was getting stronger, she had to be near the lake. It only took her a few more minutes before she was on the shore of the lake, down further then the other female. She hadn't a clue that the female was here. The silver women lowered her head and began to sniff around for the plants she was looking for.

"Talk" "You" Think
[Image: pV7voRu.png]
[Image: 6qyNX6O.png]
Storm is completely blind
Storm's Companion Eli (Wolverine) is assumed to be with her at all times

Zuri

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
11-27-2016, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2016, 07:42 PM by Zuri.)
Zuri Brass

The lake provide a quiet place for the earthy female to think. The low lull of the water lapping against the waters edge acted as a calming background noise that brought Zuri deep into her own thoughts. She remembered exploring a place like this one when she was young, going herb collecting with her mother. There was a beautiful lake and the sun was bright overhead as they went to hunt down herbs. If her memories were correct, they gathered Horsetail, though they were after Ginseng Root. Mother wasn't completely disappointed, Horsetail would later on help her brother Nixon when he cut himself. 

The sound of someone breaking through the tree line down the shoreline from her broke the trance. Zuri snapped her head in the female's direction, watching as the silver frame emerged from the vegetation. At first, she thought she should hide, meeting new people could be a dangerous thing. But there was something in the way she moved, letting her nose guide her, searching for something. The cinnamon female tilted her head to the side, watching her for a moment. Once it was clear she was no immediate threat, Zuri raised to her paws and began to slowly stalk towards the stranger.

Once she got close enough, she whipped up a kind smile as she approached. "Hello there, I'm sorry to bother you, are you looking for something?" Her sapphire eyes scanned over the stranger, for any cuts or scrapes, a habit she had picked up from healing. But her gaze suddenly froze when she met the female's eyes. She was blind?

We must take adventures,

In order to know where we truly belong.

Storm

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Emaciated
player
Bluetick
11-27-2016, 08:29 PM

Slowly she moved through the vegetation, her nose smelling each plant. When she thought she hit the right one she would guide her muzzle over the plant, feeling it's shape and size it was Ginseng root for sure. Tail wagged slightly before her muzzle moved to the bottom of the plant and she lightly plucked it from the ground. Gently she shook the dirt from the roots and set it aside before repeating. Jack had perched nearby in a tree and began to fix up his feathers, not paying attention to the other women not that far away.

Storm had her head buried in the vegetation and the sound of her moving through the plants blocked out the sound of the others approach. From a distance the female may look like she is grazing like a deer, but any well trained healer should know what she was doing. Yes she was doing it much differently since she was blind, but it was still similar. Lifting her head abruptly as the female spoke, Storm was actually a little startled. Ears twitched before a soft smile spread across her face. Her tail wagged lightly in a friendly matter.

"Why yes I'm actually searching for Horsetail and Ginseng Root. I'm stocking up before winter," she replied.

"Talk" "You" Think

Zuri

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
11-27-2016, 09:41 PM
Zuri Brass

Once she had gotten close enough to the female, Zuri noticed the carefully plucked Ginseng root laying beside her. Never before had she heard of a blind healer, but then again, healing didn't necessarily demand eyesight. It required an ability to identify herbs and remember how to apply them to a situation. It require a calm mind and a devotion to making the world a better place. None of that required the ability to see. In fact, the idea of being able to find Ginseng root without sight opened the fawn woman's mind to just how skilled this healer had to be.

She took in the fact that she startled the blind lady, and immediately felt guilty. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you." Fear was a dreadful thing, something that didn't settle well with Zuri at all. But the reassurance from the female's smile cheered her up a bit. "You must be a fellow healer then. My name is Zuri Brass, it's an absolute pleasure to meet you miss." She didn't bother trying to hide her excitement, she hadn't met another healer before, well beside her mother.

It became clear to her that the blind female was more than able to find the herbs on her own, and although she had no use for the plants herself, she felt the need to help out. Her eyes quickly scanned across the terrain to find the Horsetail she so desired. A bundle of it sat close to the water's edge not too far from them. She turned back to the silver lady, "you're obviously more than capable of doing this yourself, but would you allow me to help? I see some Horsetail not too far away." She didn't want to come off assuming a blind healer couldn't gather her own herbs, so left the choice up to her. Though, Zuri did hope she could learn more about this gifted female.

We must take adventures,

Storm

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Emaciated
player
Bluetick
12-04-2016, 06:20 PM

The young wolf realized that she had startled her and Storm smiled softly her tail gently wagging. There was no need for her to be apologetic or even be guilty about it. It happened more times then one and most of the time was because she hadn't been paying attention to her surroundings. The wolf didn't do any harm to Storm at all.

"No it's okay dear no need to apologize," she said her smile still soft as her ears remained pointed to the other wolf. "Yes I am a healer for the Abaven pack. I'm Storm Wreakage it's a pleasure to meet you to Zuri."

Zuri seemed vary pleasant and Storm was glad to meet another friendly wolf, she liked making friends and it was something she needed in these new lands. She was still vary much new to the lands and to the pack she had joined also. She also seemed excited, was it because they were both healers? At least she assumed by how Zuri talked that she was a healer also. Zuri soon Offered to help her gather the herbs she was looking for. Storm would gladly take the help and hopefully make a friend in the process.

"Of course you can! " she said her voice having a grateful tone.

She wanted to be sure she could get back to Abaven before dark and with this women helping she could finish this task much faster. She lowered her head again searching for another ginseng root plant and gently plucking it from the ground and placing it with the other.

"Where did you learn healing from Zuri," she asked between mouthfuls of Ginseng root.

"Talk" "You" Think

Zuri

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
12-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Zuri Brass

Zuri couldn't remember a time when she had met a sightless wolf, but she would surely remember this one. The way she was in touch with her senses was remarkable, but the way she showed no anger or fear, the way she appeared warm and kind. She who would have every reason to be mad at the world, or even afraid of it, was at peace. There the silver woman worked, gently tugging at the stems of the ginseng root. It was refreshing to see, to say the least.

To hear Storm was a part of a pack, which she assumed was nearby, was interesting. Zuri had never been a part of a pack, and wasn't aware the freedom a healer had inside one. It opened her eyes to a possibility she didn't think she had. "I wasn't aware of a pack nearby, nor that they allowed their healer to gather herbs freely. It must be nice." She watched the silver woman pick more and more ginseng root, clearly the pack she was taking care of was quite large in size.

At hearing her offer being accepted, Zuri nearly jumped straight up in joy. "Okay! I'll be just over there Storm!" Her legs traveled across the distance with a hop in each step, walking up to the horsetail. The earth was a mixture of sand and soil, the green stems getting closer and closer to the waters edge. The fawn female would carefully dig around a stem first, allowing her to get the most out of each plant she picked. She would the rip the horsetail from it's soil, and gently shake off the dirt. Zuri continued these steps, generating a pile of her own.

She was focused in her task, she almost didn't hear Storm's gentle voice float across the distance between them. "I learned from my mother, she was a loner. But she loved nature and the earth and helping others," She smiled at the memories of the pale woman. "She taught me healing because, I guess, she saw those same qualities in me. I feel like there is so much more to learn though, you know? Nature always has something new to teach us." She spared one last glance towards the blind woman, noticing she had quite the pile of herbs forming. "What about you, Storm? Where did you learn to use herbs without sight?"

We must take adventures,

Storm

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Emaciated
player
Bluetick
12-06-2016, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2016, 12:20 PM by Storm.)

Her ears remained pointed forward intent on listening if Zuri did speak again. That was a strong trait Storm had and it of course was a vary strong sense that helped to make up for the lack of sight. It wasn't long before Zuri spoke, her words a little surprising yet Storm could understand why she stated such words. Being a loner herself after leaving her family clan and never being a part of a pack up until now Storm didn't realize that anyone could think that a pack wouldn't allow freedom such as this. Bass had never told her differently and besides how would she ever get other herbs then what the pack territory had? Zuri must also be a loner that had never experienced pack life, something that would give them much to talk about.

"Yes the pack is called Abaven and it lays claim to three territories not far from here. As long as I do not intrude on another pack's lands I am free to travel outside of the pack territory to gather herbs. I assume most packs are like this, although I have to admit this is the first pack I have been apart of in my 5 years of life," she replied with a smile and wag of her tail.

Dipping her head back down her nose twitched as she moved around the vegetation. She had to move along for a few minutes before she found another plant and plucked it from the ground. She turned and put it into her pile. Gently pushing her nose into the pile she picked through the individual plants and carefully counted how many she had picked. Zuri spoke up again and Storm nodded before starting to count. 1.. 2.. 3... 4.. 5.. That's plenty for this plant.

Lifting her head the female's ears fallowed the sounds of Zuri mingling through the vegetation by the water's edge. Storm moved down to where Zuri was and began to look for Horsetail also. Since she had help she planned to split the piles with Zuri so that she herself could have some of both on hand if she needed it. Storm's ears turned to Zuri as she spoke again and a smile crossed her black lips. Zuri had also learned from her own mother which brought up memories of Storm's mother teaching her. It had been a vary bumpy road once she had lost her sight because her mother had to figure out how to help her learn and memorize the plants without being able to see different color and shape.

"Ah yes there will always be plenty to learn in this line of skill because mother nature is always advancing with new plants and new ways for us to heal. You could spend your entire lifetime and still have much more to learn," she agreed with a smile.

Her question then made Storm pause from what she was doing, turning the tables to her. Tail wagging the healer was glad to talk of her family.

"Mainly my mother, but since the family clan lived and traveled together I was also able to learn from my aunts, older cousins, and my grandmother. The women in my family all took on the skill as their specialty and it has been passed down through many generations that has dated back to when healing wasn't common," she started. "It took quite a bit longer then the rest did to learn, mostly because I wasn't always blind. They way I was able to learn was the feeling of each plant, the shape, and of course the smell."

"Talk" "You" Think

Zuri

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
12-06-2016, 05:38 PM
Zuri Brass

Abaven. It sounded quite interesting to the fawn lady. To lay claim to three territories, it must be a rather large pack indeed. Plus, the freedom Storm had was amazing; it was as if she was a loner welcomed to come and go as she pleased. That was something Zuri highly appreciated. "Abaven sounds like a wonderful place, Storm. I'm happy for you." She said this with a tilt of her head and a wide smile on her face, meaning every word.

It was only when the grey woman was close did her blue orbs notice her presence. She looked over to where she had been picking the ginseng root, and saw the decent size pile she had formed. She was not only talented, but also quick. Zuri smiled softly to herself before she got back to work, slowly digging around the plants. She listened quietly to Storm's story, and was baffled by what she heard. An entire clan full of female healers? It sounded a little discriminating, but it also sounded like it could offer a lot of knowledge. Which she was almost certain Storm had. "Wow, it sounds like you had a lot of mentors to learn from, you must be very wise."

Upon hearing that the female wasn't always blind, Zuri let her jaw go slack. How cruel that must've been, to be able to see all the beauties in this world only to have it taken from you? But she was able to gain a skill not many others knew because of it, which made the tan woman pause and think. "So that's how you do it? Touch and smell? That's absolutely brilliant!" She turned to the horsetail laying before her, trying to imagine applying this skill. She shook her head with a small giggle, "you're quite talented Storm, I couldn't do what you do. I suppose, in a way, your blindness has made you more unique and valuable as a healer. I think I should like to learn this skill myself, perhaps one day it will come in handy. You should teach it, in your pack I mean."

After that she turned back to picking the horsetail, digging at the moist ground and pulling the plant up with it's roots. After a few minutes, she would look to the grey lady beside her looked at the overall collection they had. Zuri knew they couldn't pick it all, the plants needed survivors so they could replenish themselves for next season. She let her haunches fold beneath her, as she sat in the grass. "How much more would you like Storm? I don't know how much a pack requires, but we shouldn't pick it all. Let some grow and reseed for next season."

We must take adventures,

Storm

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Emaciated
player
Bluetick
12-07-2016, 09:23 PM

It was so nice to have run into such a friendly women, to have this kind of friendly conversation with another was always relaxing to Storm. Every wolf was different and she had met an array of personalities through her travels. She always felt better when she met a wolf as kind as Zuri. It was refreshing if she would be honest. She smiled at Zuri's comment about Abaven and how she was happy for Storm.

"Thank you Zuri and it is a wonderful place so far," she replied her tail wagging again.

They should only need a few more plants, they didn't need all the plants here. It may be Storm was already overstocking herself, but she was so concerned on how much she would need to get them through the winter. The young women then commented on having many mentors and Storm laughed lightly at her comment about being wise.

"Everyday I hope to retain the information each taught me and I hope I'm wise," she replied.

Zuri seemed to sound amazed at how she was able to memorize plants and really Storm had never given it the thought that it was a unique way. She was so used to how she had to learn she never really thought about how it looked to others. The reaction from Zuri made her feel unique and special something she didn't always feel. As Zuri continued Storm began to feel more and more flattered and if she could blush, she would be doing so now.

"Thank you Zuri, you don't know how nice it is to hear someone appreciating my talent so much. I will, I will try to tech it to the members in the pack," she claimed with a brighter smile on her face.

She then asked if they had enough and Storm lifted her head. It had been a vary good question and made Storm stop looking. She wandered over to her pile of horsetail and carefully counted. Then she moved over to Zuri's and counted. It was plenty and she was right they did not want to pick it all.

"Yes... Yes we have plenty now, thank you for your help! Would you like to take a couple of each for your stock I'm sure you'll need them," she offered with a smile.

"Talk" "You" Think

Zuri

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
12-08-2016, 09:16 PM
Zuri Brass

Time was slipping by the two women, and before Zuri had even begun to notice it, the sky was beginning to darken. She only noticed it when the fading light of the sky bounced off the ripples of the water to shine golden rays into her eyes. She blinked away the temporary blindness, giving her head a good shake while she was at it. Then she tilted her head back to look towards the heavens. The fading light of the setting sun had begun to show deep purples and the twilight sky, little stars beginning to peak out here and there.

Zuri listened to Storm, and as she spoke, the fawn lady would hum back in agreement, or give a gentle chuckle as a response. When she spoke about retaining knowledge, Zuri lifted her head and smiled at the smoky woman. She walked over to her and gave her shoulder a gentle nudge, her tail wagging slightly. "Well I may not have known this family of yours, but I am quite positive if they were anything like you, they would be pretty darn proud, Storm."

Upon hearing Storm agreeing to teach her skills to her pack, Zuri felt herself grow with excitement. "Good! Then one day I shall return to these lands and I hope to meet ten more just like you!" She paused for a moment, letting her rump sit on the ground. "I actually quite like you Miss Storm, I wouldn't mind visiting Abaven just to see you every now and again. It's not everyday I get to meet such a kind and wonderful healer like yourself! How about it? Would you mind?" She was hopeful, thinking, in the back of her mind, she may have just come across her first friend in these strange new lands.

When Storm offered her some of the herbs they had picked, Zuri shook her head quickly. "Oh, I suppose taking one or two would be nice, in case of emergencies and all. Thank you." With that said, Zuri only did take one or two for herself, knowing full and well Storm would need as much as she could get before winter came in full swing. Her icy eyes glanced between the two piles of herbs; "hey Storm, do you need any help bringing this all back to your pack? It's getting quite late and all."

We must take adventures,