ardent

an almighty thud

Fortune

gems
size
build
player
01-01-2017, 12:19 AM
She makes her way to the edge of the dance floor, head quirked softly to the side. It's an easy movement, high in the head, light in the step. She doesn't mind. Fortune is the grace of a huntress, the grace of the huntress. It's easier this way. It's easier to never turn it off. She never turns off. Always going. Always running tight.

Seemingly in overdrive, Fortune moves to the heart of it. The heart of the very dancefloor, head high, eyes bright. Always bright. Always brilliant. Something about her burns. Everything burns. Fortune does not want to burn everything, but maybe... a few things. They would remain smoldering for now, under wraps. She's always under wraps.

But where was Faite?

fortune
shock & awe

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
01-07-2017, 10:16 PM

Faite felt mostly proud of herself. All of her hard work and dedication towards her goal had paid off. It wasn't only the fact that she had a new home now to look after and nurture, but the fact that she also had five beautiful children. Sure, she hadn't exactly planned the growing little fluff balls, but she loved them all the same. The only thing that dampened her mood was that they were already a season old and growing like weeds. What would she do when they were a year old and ready to start forging their own paths? She enjoyed how tiny and cuddly they were at this stage.

The other dampener to her mood was the fact that one of her best friends wasn't here to enjoy things with her. Fortune was just a distant cousin, but she felt like she was as much as a sister to her as Zuriel, Baine, Kieryn, and Rasiel. Most importantly she was family and Faite worried more than was healthy. How was she doing? Much to her own disappointment, she hadn't even bothered to check in with Fortune, or even Regulus, but she found she couldn't face going home either. Their mother was dead and she was doing her best to try not to think about it. Her brain just couldn't process the loss and seeing Regulus would force her to do so.

The smell of someone in the heart of the territory drew her out of her thoughts. A low growl rumbled in her chest at the thought of someone trespassing. Sure, it was a new pack, but she'd been pretty consistent with her patrols. Another good whiff changed her mind immediately - recognition dawned on her face and a happy grin quickly took over the annoyance. It was Fortune! Her pace quickened as she raced towards her cousin and her tail waved happily behind her. If anyone could get away with trespassing it was definitely her best friend.

"Fortune! It's good to see you!" She exclaimed happily as she skidded to a halt in front of the larger female.

Walk, "Talk" Think

[Image: x638RtN.png]
[Image: sI0gGqh.png]

Fortune

gems
size
build
player
02-09-2017, 04:25 PM
Okay so maybe it would have been polite to wait at the borders for someone to go get Faite, but family was family. Family was as it always would be, and Fortune figured she would be forgiven for the faux pas. They were cousins, good as sisters. Walked together, spent... time. Took time. Best friends, honestly. Comfort as it was, and Fortune loved it. There was nothing that could be done to argue with the fact that they'd been thick as thieves since the hunter returned to her ancestral home. It's been lovely.

"It's good to be... home." The woman beams back at the smaller female, tail wagging. She stretches, bows low, and then springs back up. There's something exciting, something hanging in the air around them. It's gorgeous. Everything is gorgeous, and she is happy. A strange feeling, of course. Strange and wonderful. All is well, of course. Strange and wild, Fortune's heart is full where she stands with Faite.

"How's the pack? How's the family? What have I missed?" Fortune is speaking quickly, the questions springing forth like a faucet running out of control. Mind a mile a minute, tail thrashing wildly. She is happy. She is so immensely, incredibly happy. Heart with wings, eyes shining, she has come home.

fortune
shock & awe

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
02-12-2017, 01:29 PM

"It's good to have you home. I was beginning to worry you weren't going to get here until we're all old and gray." She joked lightly, a large smile tugging at her maw. Now everything felt complete. She could only assume that Fortune would be joining her, which meant that she had her two favorite hunters, Ritsy and Fortune, and a good stock of fighters. Zuriel was also here, an excellent healer, and she was family. It was different not having all of her siblings surrounding her, but she had other family to make up for it now.

She bowed low with Fortune, her tail waving wildly in the air behind her, as she wiggled her rump. She pawed playfully at the air by Fortune's face before springing to her feet once more with a happy grin on her face. Her ears flicked towards Fortune as the other woman spit out questions a mile a minute.

"The pack has been great, mostly settling in. Now that's spring is here I'm hoping that it'll pick up in activity. I need to plan some fun events soon, hopefully with your help." She answered her quickly. "You still need to meet your nieces and nephews, but other than that I don't think you've missed much. Other than the initial meeting not a whole lot has changed."

Walk, "Talk" Think

Fortune

gems
size
build
player
02-21-2017, 09:09 AM
There's something more than a little wild about the two girls playing. It's like they're pups, batting and swatting with paws. Sure, more elegant, more refined, but friendly and lively and excited. This is what it is to be family. To be home. To have your home and be in love with it and all the lovely things. They're playing. Always playing. "I was worried, but here I am!" Bright eyes and an open heart. It's a rare show from Fortune, but she is happy. The lion heart is brilliant.

"Children! Oh jeeze, the kids." Brilliant gaze on her basically sister, tail thrashing. "I'll teach them to track, we can teach them to hunt... we can teach everyone to hunt!" A playful bat at Faite's shoulder with her paws, unusually exuberant. "I'm assuming Ritsy is here, I can smell a little crazy in the air. Do we have any other hunters?" Glimmering, giggling, playing with her best friend in the gorgeous day that hangs in the air around them. The are a little ridiculous, a little magic and a little madness.

fortune
shock & awe

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
02-24-2017, 01:54 PM
Faite Ethereal Adravendi

Faite couldn't help but adore the excitement that came from her "sibling." It was all that she envisioned for Lirim and so far Fortune seemed to be the only one outwardly displaying the same excitement as she had. She'd worked long and hard to get to this point and now, finally, the last little bit of the puzzle fell into place with Fortune coming home. Of course Faite felt the tiniest bit of guilt that she'd stolen away a few of Celestial's members, but they would be safe and happy here. She'd taken the time to get to know Fortune at the very least and she couldn't imagine her life without her. So far she was her rock and Faite wouldn't have it any other way.

Faite's bi-colored gaze rested on Fortune as she got excited all over again about the kids. A soft grin tugged at her her lips and her tail waved wildly behind her. Fortune was going to make such a wonderful aunt and any help she could get with the five of them was certainly going to be appreciated. She could help organize fun events, teach the children, and overall be a giant help that Faite certainly needed. Now that she had her own pack Faite was a bit lost on what to do first.

"Maybe you can help me organize something fun soon." She didn't want anything to be boring and she figured between the two of them they could figure something out. "And yes, Ritsy is still here, as well as my cousin Rin. He's a hunter too so you should have enough help."

"Speech"

I like to imagine
That you smile when you hear my songs

Fortune

gems
size
build
player
03-02-2017, 11:15 PM
Family above all, family before all else. She has her family, she has them all around her. That's the most amazing thing, the best feeling, everything is more than lovely. Fortune will take care of her family. She will care for them, she will lay everything down for them above all. Oriented so strongly to the things that she holds dear. The brave is positively beaming.

"We should, the herds are coming back now that it's warming up. Pronghorn is delicious this time of year," Fortune licks her lips theatrically, laughing. There's a bow and a wiggle, a shake, excited and prepared for the things at hand. "I'm looking forward to having other hunters on hand, it should be good. This area... is so lovely," she's breathless. Fortune truly enjoys the way they interact, the way they stick together. Always.

"There are others, that aren't family, right? I can smell them on the land, tell me about them?" Right. Asking. Always asking. Fortune thirsts for information, and longs to get to know the rest of the pack. This was her chance, after all. An audience with Faite would be hard to get, and Fortune wasn't about to waste her time. Family above all.

fortune
shock & awe