Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
01-01-2017, 01:28 PM

Everything was painfully still except for the gentle falling of snow that clung to the massive branches of the Red Forest. Karabela stood at the border, her breath coming slow and painful. Step over the border. That was all she had to do. Behind her she could feel Dagmær's presence but the girl remained silent, waiting to see what her aunt would do. Karabela turned her head to meet the emerald green eyes of her niece, eyes that were so much like Raba's mother's. Taking a deep breath she reached out, paw hovering in the air for a moment before she stepped forward, first one paw and then the other until soon she was strolling beneath the canopy's of the Red Forest. However, this time was different. She was not simply skirting the border, she was striding in, right into her past.

""
[Image: qqwoqe.png][Image: karabelas_by_nnightcrawler-dais5gp.png]
[Image: k1dtly.png]
I'll take my throne, lay it on a mountain and make myself a king

Dagmær

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
01-01-2017, 01:37 PM

Dagmær wanted to speak but she didn't know what to say. Words of encouragement dried up on her tongue as she opened her mouth before realizing she didn't have anything to say. Dag had heard stories of her grandmother but she did not know the woman personally nor did she have any idea on the proper methods for consoling another's grief. Perhaps part of her knew that this was something that Karabela needed to do on her own, a border she needed to cross on her own power. Dagmær would remain and when her aunt re-emerged she'd be there, waiting.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
01-01-2017, 01:43 PM

Karabela continued to walk, her legs felt stiff and numb and nausea stirred in her gut. Memories were flooding back to her… the bear… her half-brother…

Aksel, get behind it, go for the other ear and get me a shot at it's throat.

A shiver raced down her limbs but she kept moving, one step and then another until she reached the grave that Hati had made for her mother. A shallow mound covered with a thin dusting of snow… and old, bear bones. Near it rested one for her half-brother Aksel. Lives sacrificed for her own, blood paid for her foolishness.

Karabela….  Raba…. darling… we have to go home now.

She sat at the foot of the graves, bowing her head and praying softly to whoever she thought was listening. She couldn't remember if her mother had ever told them anything of the after life if indeed there was anything and though she wanted to cry she could not. She couldn't feel anything but profound stillness. Was her heart even still beating? She heard a stirring above her but she did not lift her head until CRACK!

Something struck her over the head and she slipped into darkness.

I am honored to die…. surrounded…. by those…. I love.

""
[Image: qqwoqe.png][Image: karabelas_by_nnightcrawler-dais5gp.png]
[Image: k1dtly.png]
I'll take my throne, lay it on a mountain and make myself a king