ardent

Winterspell

Zenara

gems
size
build
player
01-16-2017, 11:09 PM

"Why do I continue to follow you into some of the coldest places? I'm gonna freeze my paws off thanks to you." The voice of Jett cut through the silence of the day as they trekked. His spotted hide was becoming more and more cranky the further they went north so it was a collective decision on Zenara's part to start heading southward again. She knew he didn't like the cold but of course she loved the cold. They tended to walk a fine line, one of compromise so this was one they usually had to deal with. Her vocals answered him in one of her native languages, one he fully understood but preferred not to use all that much. Her vocals were soft but still held a firm tone to it.  "والكفوف الخاصة بك على ما يرام، ونحن بالتحرك جنوبا على أي حال. وسوف تكون دافئة مرة أخرى قبل أن تعرف ذلك."

The huge trees around them were what had captured her attention in the first place. She was familiar with the red bark, their enormity was something she knew. Redwood forests like this one had always been a place of safety. She was born in a forest like this and no matter how much Jett complained she always seemed to find her way into this terrain. The indignant snort from Jett is what caught her attention as she walked. Her purple hued orbs turned to his and she gave him a soft smile. Her only answer to the smile was a glare.

It wasn't even seconds later that Jett unceremoniously plopped his rump onto the downed tree he had been sitting upon. He was irritated she knew. His hatred of using their native tongues was something she could never understand. But he at least would use it when he had to, though this was not one of those times. He probably wouldn't answer her either until she spoke English again, though she didn't much care to do so right now. In french she spoke once more, this time her tone was playful yet chastising like a mother with an unruly pup. "
Vous savez si vous voulez être au chaud du sud est la seule direction à aller, mais je veux dire que je pourrais vous laisser là. Peut-ętre qu'un loup affamé vous confondra pour leur prochain repas, hein?"
She finished with a light giggle as he looked startled and then looked around him for what she could only expect were other wolves. She of course was only toying with him a little. She would never honestly leave him if he didn't want her to.

His response was to stay exactly where he was but send her a small pleading look. She of course just gave him a shake of her head as she sighed. Honestly he could act like such a big baby sometimes. His next few words were hushed but still loud enough for her to hear from her five yards away. His ears pressed back and his head tilted down, making him look as if he was pouting. "That's not funny and you know it Zen." She gave a sigh at her high maintenance companion as she crossed the distance between them and sat in front of him. Her ears pressed back and she gave him the same soft smile. "It was just a joke, you know i wouldn't leave you behind Jett. Your like a brother to me." It was completely true. Her mother had sort of raised them both so it was just natural to her to think of him like a brother, even though he never took on the Kasai name. It didn't matter much though to her. Her English made him finally perk his ears and look up at her. He truly hated her using their native tongues, but of course there was no stopping her.

Zenara
It was only just a dream
Kasai

Translations:
والكفوف الخاصة بك على ما يرام، ونحن بالتحرك جنوبا على أي حال. وسوف تكون دافئة مرة أخرى قبل أن تعرف ذلك.- Your paws will be just fine, we're moving south anyways. It will be warm again before you know it.

Vous savez si vous voulez être au chaud du sud est la seule direction à aller, mais je veux dire que je pourrais vous laisser là. Peut-ętre qu'un loup affamé vous confondra pour leur prochain repas, hein?- You know if you want to be warm south is the only direction to go, but I mean I could just leave you there. Maybe some hungry wolf will mistake you for their next meal, hmm?

Armai

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-17-2017, 02:21 AM

Spring was finally here and yet it brought no relief to the blind healer. Her northern pack would still suffer some more cold spells until closer to the summer time which also meant that if she wanted herbs she'd have to travel. Nox's mood had soured considerably, though not much considering there was still snow on the ground in most places they traveled. The idea of it getting hotter was an abhorrent one for the snow leopard and Armai could only expect more annoyed behavior out of her feline friend.

In the mean time the pair had headed away from Vyper. Everything was quiet, she hadn't seen Brutus in a while, and overall Armai hadn't done much socialization. Part of it was because she hadn't noticed anyone around and the other part, well Armai wasn't exactly the best at being social. It was still a problem she needed to work on, but she found it harder to do in Vyper than she had Myriad.

So her solution was to take a quick trip. If anyone needed her skills soon then she had to refresh her stock of herbs and she couldn't do that if there wasn't any new growth. Nox explained where they were as they walked side by side and Armai listened as she walked with her head lowered. It wasn't south yet, but the feline wanted to take an unexplained detour. There was no complaint from the silver wolf - after all, Nox had done so much for her. If she wanted to go explore then Armai certainly would oblige.

They hadn't gotten very far when she felt Nox's fur bristle against hers. Her own head raised instinctively and she sniffed the air. She didn't need Nox to tell her that there was potential company nearby, and she could easily pick up the scent of another feline as well mixed with the stench of wolf. She could pick up on the excited vibes from her friend - was it another snow leopard?

"Let's go check it out." Nox's voice was insistent. How was she to say no when Nox was excited about something for once? She didn't imagine it was often they came across other cats, so Armai shrugged. "Alright, lead the way."

Nox didn't wait a second after that. Nox had to trot to keep up with her, but soon the scents of the other pair grew closer and she could hear voices. Nox came to a halt and Armai idled next to her for a moment and sniffed the air again. She could smell the other cat clearly yet it had a distinct scent that separated it from Nox. What exactly was it?

"I hope we're not intruding." She called out to the other wolf.

Walk, "Talk" Think "Nox"

[Image: fbq5Y6n.png]
[Image: Cri2E5V.png]
Armai has a female snow leopard companion that goes by the name of Nox. It can be assumed that she is always with Armai unless otherwise stated.

Zenara

gems
size
build
player
01-17-2017, 04:37 AM

The sound of approach had Jett jumping up and spinning to face the on comers. His hackles bristled and Zen gave a chime of laughter at his reaction. Truly you would think he thought everyone was out to eat him, but she had just joked about that. She couldn't really blame him but the question that passed the other wolfs lips caught her attention and she gave her a smile. "No not at all." Jett's words to her caused her to roll her eyes though. he was always such a jerk to new creatures. Oh wait he was rude period. "You already have, The definition of intruding is to come into a situation uninvited." She gave a sigh at his attitude.

Her next words were to the pair and also a small bit to Jett. She was trying to insure that he didn't scare the poor woman off. "Please excuse my friend's poor attitude. He's just cranky because he's cold and should remember his manners sooner or later." A pause before she continued with a small hint of humor in her voice."Tropical cat and all. My name is Zenara but you can call me Zen. This spotted ball of joy is Jett, my unofficial brother." Her eyes fell to the snow leopard and she gave a smile. The tension that seemed to come off her didn't scare Zen in the least. It was actually kind of cute if you asked her.

Jet was still bristling though he did give a glance at Zen before huffing and sitting back down with his ears pressed back. His face was one of displeasure and slightly pouting. His eyes were glued to the female leopard. It was probably because he hadn't seen another feline in a long time. Perhaps he has forgotten how to be a cat after so long of being with me? I mean I've never even seen him climb really, except for the cliffs when I'm leading the way. Her thoughts stayed private though. She didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Zenara
It was only just a dream
Kasai